PDA

View Full Version : Here a question

big nasty kcnut
02-25-2008, 11:37 PM
How long do you live in a place before you call it your hometown i lived in wichita for 6 years but my brother claim cause i lived in corpus christi longer that it should be my hometown. What you all think.

Bugeater
02-25-2008, 11:38 PM
I always thought hometown meant where you grew up. Although it doesn't really matter to me anyway, I've lived in the same city my entire life.

blaise
02-25-2008, 11:41 PM
I've lived all over the country, but I went to junior high and high school in Rochester, NY so I say that's my hometown. Even though it's been over 10 years since I've lived there.

Phobia
02-25-2008, 11:41 PM
It's wherever you consider home, I guess. Who cares what your brother thinks? I certainly don't.

Joe Seahawk
02-25-2008, 11:42 PM
I always thought hometown meant where you grew up. Although it doesn't really matter to me anyway, I've lived in the same city my entire life.

You're hometown can be anywhere you want it to be nut.. If you want it to be Wichita, than by god you're a proud Wichatite? Wichitian? Whichian?

stlchiefs
02-25-2008, 11:42 PM
Hometown is where you grew up. For me the bigger question is where are you "from"? I grew up in Wichita (my hometown), went to college in Kansas City and have moved back there a couple of times and have now lived in St. Louis for the past 3 years. Where are I "from"? Thanks to anyone who can clear up this confusion.

stlchiefs
02-25-2008, 11:43 PM
You're hometown can be anywhere you want it to be nut.. If you want it to be Wichita, than by god you're a proud Wichatite? Wichitian? Whichian?

Wichititian

DaFace
02-25-2008, 11:49 PM
I lived in one place until I graduated high school, so I don't have a very good feel for the question. However, I've always considered one's hometown to be wherever you think you "grew up." For many, most of that process happens in high school, so I'd probably pick wherever you were at that time.

pr_capone
02-26-2008, 12:01 AM
I think your hometown would be the town in which you lived in that you feel the closest bond with.

For example... I say my hometown is Aguadilla, Puerto Rico. Now, I have lived in Wichita for longer than I did in Aguadilla.... but I feel a connection to that city. That is where my family is.. and has been for several generations (centuries really) now.

Mr. Kotter
02-26-2008, 12:02 AM
How long do you live in a place before you call it your hometown i lived in wichita for 6 years but my brother claim cause i lived in corpus christi longer that it should be my hometown. What you all think.

KC is still my "home" town....even though I've been gone for 22 years now. I spent my first 22 there.

I lived in one place until I graduated high school, so I don't have a very good feel for the question. However, I've always considered one's hometown to be wherever you think you "grew up." For many, most of that process happens in high school, so I'd probably pick wherever you were at that time.

Exactly.

RJ
02-26-2008, 12:03 AM
Wherever you feel like you're home is your hometown.

Jenson71
02-26-2008, 12:06 AM
I think we need Stephen A. Smith's take on this:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ts0lx8-fYiA&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ts0lx8-fYiA&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

RustShack
02-26-2008, 12:07 AM
I would call where I was born and raised my hometown. But I lived in the same place till I graduated high school last year...

ClevelandBronco
02-26-2008, 12:23 AM
I lived in or near Cleveland for the first 14 or so years of my life.

I've lived in Denver for 20 years.

Cleveland is my home town.

seclark
02-26-2008, 07:47 AM
"No I cannot forget where it is that I come from
I cannot forget the people who love me
Yeah, I can be myself here in this small town
And people let me be just what I want to be"

Iowanian
02-26-2008, 08:33 AM
My hometown has always been where I was raised, not where I lived(8 years at 1 stop).

I always said "I'm from xyz but I live in PDQ".

Home is where your heart is.

Tell your brother to suck a chili dog.

bkkcoh
02-26-2008, 09:20 AM
I would agree, hometown is where you grew up. Maybe not even where you live currently.

Rasputin
02-26-2008, 09:55 AM

smittysbar
02-26-2008, 10:04 AM

Corny :D

You been reading the Hallmark cards at the grocery store again?

Rasputin
02-26-2008, 10:34 AM
Corny :D

You been reading the Hallmark cards at the grocery store again?

Not quite Hallmark:

Ya live your life like it's a coma
So won't you tell me why we'd wanna
With all the reasons you give it's
It's kinda hard to believe
But who am I to tell you that I've
Seen any reason why you should stay
Maybe we'd be better off
WITH OUT YOU ANYWAY
Yo got a one way ticket
on your last chance ride
Gotta one way ticket
to your suicide
Gotta one way ticket
An there's no way out alive
An all the crass communication
that has left you in the cold
Isn't much for consolation
when you feel so weak and old
But ]home is where the heart is[/B]
Then there's stories to be told
No you don't need a doctor
No one else can heal your soul.

Iowanian
02-26-2008, 10:59 AM
G C
Well I had a buddy back in 81
G
And we made ourselves a pact
G C
We were headin for the new pipeline
D
And we were never coming back
G C
We worked 80 hours making time and a half
G
But La Grange was too damn hot
G C
So we drove back home home at the end of that week
D G
And we spent it all on pot
G C
So I'll see you in Houston if I ever get out that way
G D
I'll see you in Dallas but I won't have long to stay
G C
If your ever out west son and your feeling like slowin' down
G D G C G D G
I'll see you around round my hometown
G C
Well I played ball every single fall
G
I could run just like the wind
G C
I went to college like they asked me too
D
But they didn't ask my friends
G C
Don't think I've seen a single classroom
G
But I drank a lot of beer
G C
My buddies still love to listen to me
D G
When I talk about that year
G C
So I'll see you in Houston if I ever get out that way
G D
I'll see you in Dallas but I won't have long to stay
G C
If your ever out west son and your feeling like slowin' down
G D G C G D G

SOLO

G C G
Now I got myself a little band and we're pretty good I guess
G C
But I never learned how to wear my hair
D
And I never learned how to dress
G C
So I'm leavin' for the last time honey
G
I'm never more to roam
G C
Gonna pack my bags a little heavy this time
D G
Gonna head my ass back home
G C
So I'll see you in Nashville if I ever get out that way
G D
I'll see you in Austin but I won't have long to stay
G C
If you're ever out west son and you're feelin' like slowin' down
G D G C
G D G

acesn8s
02-26-2008, 02:15 PM
I would say that you asked 2 questions when the thread title suggested othwise but used periods where question marks should have been so clearly you are not from Kansas. You are from Corpus Christi but live in Wichita.

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-26-2008, 02:23 PM
Remember, theres no such thing as a stupid question.
Theres only stupid people asking questions.

Bowser
02-26-2008, 02:40 PM
Here a question, there a question, EVERYWHERE a question!

Frazod
02-26-2008, 03:04 PM
I moved around so much, I have three towns that I refer to as hometowns; Macon, Jefferson City and Kirksville. Macon is the first place I remember, and where my family is from. I lived in Jefferson City the longest. I graduated high school in Kirksville and am still in touch with more people from there than anywhere else.

Just depends on the context and my mood, I guess, as to which one I'll name when I answer that question.

And I consider my "hometown" to be where I grew up, not where I live now. Missouri will always be home, although I seriously doubt if I will ever live there again.

acesn8s
02-26-2008, 03:23 PM
I moved around so much, I have three towns that I refer to as hometowns; Macon, Jefferson City and Kirksville. Macon is the first place I remember, and where my family is from. I lived in Jefferson City the longest. I graduated high school in Kirksville and am still in touch with more people from there than anywhere else.

Just depends on the context and my mood, I guess, as to which one I'll name when I answer that question.

And I consider my "hometown" to be where I grew up, not where I live now. Missouri will always be home, although I seriously doubt if I will ever live there again.
That explains alot.

:p

Frazod
02-26-2008, 03:47 PM
That explains alot.

:p

nlm

Hydrae
02-26-2008, 04:09 PM
I agree with others, I call Portland my home town. I was born outside of Portland and lived there for 5 years. We spent the next 9 years in NC, Ill and Mass before returning to Oregon. Lived there for the next 16 years including graduating HS then left again and will probably never return to live there. Spent 3 years in Columbia, Mo (when I got hooked on this God forsaken team :) ) then 5 years in Flagstaff Az and now 8+ years here in the Austin area.

So I was born in Oregon and have lived more time there than anywhere else. But I will call that my hometown probably until I die.

Valiant
02-26-2008, 04:22 PM
Hometown is generally the town you lived in while you grew up..

For those people that moved around a lot as a child.. You're ****ed..