PDA

View Full Version : New NFLdraftcountdown Mock... SUX!

tyton75
02-27-2008, 10:07 AM
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html

1st round: Clady
2nd round: Patrick Lee - CB

Mecca
02-27-2008, 10:11 AM
He's got the Chiefs reaching for a need, he knows Carl well.

bsp4444
02-27-2008, 10:17 AM
With this draft, I would take Ellis before I would reach for Clady. I'd even tak McFadden before I would reach that far for Clady.

chagrin
02-27-2008, 10:17 AM
horrible

Mecca
02-27-2008, 10:20 AM
In this scenario it's Ellis or Gholston.......I might seriously lean to Gholston to be honest, then everyone would go nuts.

tyton75
02-27-2008, 10:21 AM
The more I think about it.. its just dumb.... not that I can't see us reaching for a need like Clady.. but to pass on Ellis and McFadden would be retarded

They are WAY more talented than Clady

Mecca
02-27-2008, 10:23 AM
The more I think about it.. its just dumb.... not that I can't see us reaching for a need like Clady.. but to pass on Ellis and McFadden would be retarded

They are WAY more talented than Clady

They damn sure better have Gholston rated ahead of McFadden, Gholston is a top 3 player in this draft at a position of extreme value.

Frankie
02-27-2008, 10:26 AM
I think the Chiefs are perhaps more interested in Carl Nicks in the 2nd than Clady in the 1st. This is just some guy's speculation. I'm hoping Jake Long will drop to us though.

Rasputin
02-27-2008, 10:28 AM
I would much rather have Gholston than Clady or Ellis. They got Gholston going to the Pats:spock:

Mecca
02-27-2008, 10:30 AM
I would much rather have Gholston than Clady or Ellis. They got Gholston going to the Pats:spock:

That surprises me actually, I've seen to many posts about how "Gholston would be Hali's backup"

Which is highly laughable but I've seen it numerous times.

Archie Bunker
02-27-2008, 10:32 AM
Speaking of potential reaches.....

5. Kansas City — Chiefs officials say they are looking hard at offensive tackle, cornerback and wide receiver, in that order, and will reach for an OT if they can't move down. We hear the preferred OT choice of Chiefs head coach Herm Edwards is Pittsburgh OLT Jeff Otah.

http://www.profootballweekly.c...08/wwhi2301.htm

OnTheWarpath15
02-27-2008, 10:34 AM
With Herm's background, and him insisting we run a Cover 2, I can't imagine he'd pass on Ellis if he were available.

I also don't see them reaching in the 1st, knowing there are 10 OT's that will go in the first 2 rounds.

OnTheWarpath15
02-27-2008, 10:37 AM

5. Kansas City — Chiefs officials say they are looking hard at offensive tackle, cornerback and wide receiver, in that order, and will reach for an OT if they can't move down. We hear the preferred OT choice of Chiefs head coach Herm Edwards is Pittsburgh OLT Jeff Otah.

Smokescreen.

Like they are gonna tell the entire world 2 months in advance that if Jake Long isn't there, they'd pass on the BPA and reach for Clady or Otah......

Nothing more than a ploy to make the teams sitting @ 10-15 think about moving up if they are set on a OT.

JMO.

Rasputin
02-27-2008, 10:38 AM
I think Gholston is a hybrid LB RE so mostly OLB, like DT maybe? He can get us sacks and be on the same field with J Allen and T Hali. All I can say is that Gholston would be a big impact player on the Defense side of the ball he would compliment Derrick Johnson and be better than Napolian Haris & Donnie Edwards. JMHO.

We need to rotate the DE a bit more too. Hali can't be on the field the whole game it doesn't seem so I think it would be a big boost to the D with Gholston. Obviously we need LT but cross fingers in the second round for one.

Mecca
02-27-2008, 10:43 AM
I think Gholston is a hybrid LB RE so mostly OLB, like DT maybe? He can get us sacks and be on the same field with J Allen and T Hali. All I can say is that Gholston would be a big impact player on the Defense side of the ball he would compliment Derrick Johnson and be better than Napolian Haris & Donnie Edwards. JMHO.

We need to rotate the DE a bit more too. Hali can't be on the field the whole game it doesn't seem so I think it would be a big boost to the D with Gholston. Obviously we need LT but cross fingers in the second round for one.

The Chiefs really shouldn't be worried about Harris or Edwards one guy sucks and the other guy is old.

I don't think Gholston could ever be an everydown OLB in a cover 2, he could do it as a hybrid at times to get an extra rusher or drop to confuse a team but as a starter than nah I don't see it. He's better than Hali is right now though.

raybec 4
02-27-2008, 10:49 AM

I believe that officially links the Chiefs to every potential first round lineman. The team would have us believe it's OT or bust

raybec 4
02-27-2008, 10:50 AM

I believe that officially links the Chiefs to every potential first round lineman. The team would have us believe it's OT or bust

Chiefnj2
02-27-2008, 10:55 AM
People are getting carried away with calling Clady a reach. Almost all of the boards that I've seen have him ranked in the top 10 of all players in the draft. You may not like him, but that doesn't mean he's a reach.

chagrin
02-27-2008, 10:58 AM
People are getting carried away with calling Clady a reach. Almost all of the boards that I've seen have him ranked in the top 10 of all players in the draft. You may not like him, but that doesn't mean he's a reach.

these boards you speak of, are stupid

OnTheWarpath15
02-27-2008, 11:07 AM

Guess it depends on your personal definition of "reach."

Passing on better players based on need equals reach to me.

Using this mock as an example, we'd be passing on better players in Ellis, Gholston and McFadden.

Micjones
02-27-2008, 11:09 AM
I wouldn't mind this so much if we traded down to draft Clady.
That way we get Lee and another player in Round Two.

Chiefnj2
02-27-2008, 11:42 AM
Guess it depends on your personal definition of "reach."

Passing on better players based on need equals reach to me.

Using this mock as an example, we'd be passing on better players in Ellis, Gholston and McFadden.

It depends on how you define and analyze "better players." Some "experts" are saying McFadden shouldn't be taken in the top 20.

OnTheWarpath15
02-27-2008, 11:48 AM
It depends on how you define and analyze "better players." Some "experts" are saying McFadden shouldn't be taken in the top 20.

Mayock is the only one I've seen that's said that, and he makes good points about his legs going dead on contact, the fumbles and the off-the-field issues.

So for sake of argument, let's take McFadden out of the equation.

Have you read anything that would insinuate Clady being a better player than Ellis or Gholston?

Because I sure haven't.

Every talent board (not mock) I've read has Clady no higher than 7, and I'm yet to see a board that has him ahead of Ellis or Gholston.

Chiefnj2
02-27-2008, 11:53 AM
Mayock is the only one I've seen that's said that, and he makes good points about his legs going dead on contact, the fumbles and the off-the-field issues.

So for sake of argument, let's take McFadden out of the equation.

Have you read anything that would insinuate Clady being a better player than Ellis or Gholston?

Because I sure haven't.

Every talent board (not mock) I've read has Clady no higher than 7, and I'm yet to see a board that has him ahead of Ellis or Gholston.

ESPN/Scout's INC has Clady ahead of Gholston.

Is it really a reach to take him even if Ellis was ranked 6th and Clady was ranked 7th? One spot on ranking sheets makes a "reach"?

chagrin
02-27-2008, 11:57 AM
Who did Frisco get that gave NE the 7th fuggin pick?

Brock
02-27-2008, 12:02 PM
joe road grader staley

raybec 4
02-27-2008, 12:03 PM
Who did Frisco get that gave NE the 7th fuggin pick?

1st rounder last year they used to get Joe Staley

OnTheWarpath15
02-27-2008, 12:04 PM
ESPN/Scout's INC has Clady ahead of Gholston.

Is it really a reach to take him even if Ellis was ranked 6th and Clady was ranked 7th? One spot on ranking sheets makes a "reach"?

That's one out of hundreds. I could pick out several that have mentioned Gholston as the #1 overall pick. It's kinda pointless anyway, seeing as how the only thing that matters is how each TEAM rates these guys. And I have a hard time believing that ANY team in the league would have Clady ahead of Gholston on their board.

Let me ask this :

Do YOU think Clady is a better player than Gholston?

Eleazar
02-27-2008, 12:04 PM
the "Carl" move would not be to reach at #5, it would be to trade down, all the way out of the first round, and then pick a bunch of tweeners/reaches/cheap signings in rounds 2-7

raybec 4
02-27-2008, 12:10 PM
the "Carl" move would not be to reach at #5, it would be to trade down, all the way out of the first round, and then pick a bunch of tweeners/reaches/cheap signings in rounds 2-7

Would he at least get the proper number of tweener/reaches/cheap signings for the value of a number 5? The last time we traded out of the first we ended up with that waste of space Siavii

Chiefnj2
02-27-2008, 12:28 PM
Let me ask this :

Do YOU think Clady is a better player than Gholston?

I have no idea. I haven't seen enough of Clady. I saw a few minutes of the Hawaii game and he didn't look that good. I saw the Boise State bowl game and he looked very good in pass protection and good against the run. I thought Ohio State's entire defense, including Gholston, got owned against LSU. I think Gholston could be an impact player if a team used him like the Chargers use Merriman. I'm not so sure I'm sold on Gholston being a down lineman in a 4-3 against the run.

Chiefmanwillcatch
02-27-2008, 01:20 PM
VERNON GHOLSTON

Trade Jared Allen.

Mecca
02-27-2008, 09:45 PM
LSU's entire gameplan was to take Gholston out of the game.....he was the player they were concerned with.

suds79
02-27-2008, 09:48 PM
VERNON GHOLSTON

Trade Jared Allen.

Yeah lets trade quite possibly the best DE in the game... That'll make us a better team. :rolleyes:

doomy3
02-27-2008, 09:55 PM
LSU's entire gameplan was to take Gholston out of the game.....he was the player they were concerned with.

I think they were pretty concerned, and effective, at taking that Lauranitis(sp?) out of the game as well...

htismaqe
02-27-2008, 09:57 PM
LSU's offensive gameplan was designed to take Gholston out of the game. Hence the emphasis on draw plays and using Hester from an H-back set.

Mecca
02-27-2008, 09:58 PM
I think they were pretty concerned, and effective, at taking that Lauranitis(sp?) out of the game as well...

He just didn't play very well, their gameplan was designed for Gholston.

doomy3
02-27-2008, 10:02 PM
and yet gameplans are designed for JA and he still had 14.5 sacks and was disruptive. Elite players are able to rise above gameplans. Sounds like you are making a good argument that Gholston is not an Elite player worthy of a top 5 pick.

Don't be stupid. You wonder why you are a laughing stock on this board. You start with some somewhat reasonable stances, but then you say something like this. EVERY team in the NFL thinks Gholston is an Elite player, and it is likely he will be gone by the time we draft at 5 anyway.

doomy3
02-27-2008, 10:08 PM
thats what the minions said about dorsey and ellis and it appears that their draft stock is falling.

dont be stupid. we will know who is correct during the draft.

So, who exactly do you think are the top 5 picks if all three Ellis, Dorsey and Gholston aren't?

Mecca
02-27-2008, 10:11 PM
So, who exactly do you think are the top 5 picks if all three Ellis, Dorsey and Gholston aren't?

Jake Long and his five sisters...

Gholston will probably be gone by the time we pick anyway so it isn't a huge deal, but his arguments are corny as hell...

Mecca
02-27-2008, 10:17 PM
Those are the top 3 players in the draft........I'm talking about Gholston because this is a Gholston thread.

BigChiefFan
02-27-2008, 10:21 PM
that is essentially what we would be doing if we pick up Gholton or Chris Long. Levi Brown got a 6yr/62million contract last yr w// $18million guaranteed at the 5th spot. This yrs 5th player will get slightly more. Jared Allen will require slightly more. Thats alot of salary space for a rotational DE, unless he is a replacement for JA. Right now, Jared Allen is on a ONE YEAR deal OPTION to be offered a guaranteed as the top DEs for only ONE YEAR, that's only if some team isn't willing to give up the appropriate picks for him. We could actually end up LOSING him, so cementing JA as the future at this point, is futile at best, add the feud with Carl and it's easy to see how this could far from being resolved.

Next, your putting Tamba Hali as the elite RE that he isn't. He's a decent player who could still improve, but he's far from cementing the position for years to come. Passing on a player like Gholston because you have Hali is like passing on Adrian Peterson when you have Chester Taylor, you don't do it if you value impact players.

Gholston is an elite player and impact player. He UPGRADES our defense-isn't that what the draft is for? According to you the draft is for need. Thanks Gretz, but it isn't.

Mecca
02-27-2008, 10:24 PM
Because it's a mock and not a board.......projecting who you think teams will pick and doing a board are different things.

I enjoy how you called me a dumbass after the shit you've said.

Mecca
02-27-2008, 10:25 PM
Right now, Jared Allen is on a ONE YEAR deal OPTION to be offered a guaranteed as the top DEs for only ONE YEAR, that's only if some team isn't willing to give up the appropriate picks for him. We could actually end up LOSING him, so cementing JA as the future at this point, is futile at best, add the feud with Carl and it's easy to see how this could far from being resolved.

Next, your putting Tamba Hali as the elite RE that he isn't. He's a decent player who could still improve, but he's far from cementing the position for years to come. Passing on a player like Gholston because you have Hali is like passing on Adrian Peterson when you have Chester Taylor, you don't do it if you value impact players.

Gholston is an elite player and impact player. He UPGRADES our defense-isn't that what the draft is for? According to you the draft is for need. Thanks Gretz, but it isn't.

SHHH, we have to take an LT or it's a bad draft to him.

milkman
02-27-2008, 10:28 PM
SHHH, we have to take an LT or it's a bad draft to him.

Highlander.

There can only be one.

Frankie
02-28-2008, 08:27 AM
Next, your putting Tamba Hali as the elite RE that he isn't.
It's funny how guys here have given up on Tamba Hali after he had a subpar sophomore jinxed injury affected season. We are set at both ends. We have enough of a back up to rest them. We NEED to fill gaping holes. LIKE OLT!!

htismaqe
02-28-2008, 08:35 AM
It's funny how guys here have given up on Tamba Hali after he had a subpar sophomore jinxed injury affected season. We are set at both ends. We have enough of a back up to rest them. We NEED to fill gaping holes. LIKE OLT!!

Nobody is giving up on Tamba. Almost universally, the Gholston supporters have suggested that drafting him would HELP Hali.

There's many, many ways to "fill gaping holes" that don't involve selling out your draft...

kcchiefsus
02-28-2008, 08:46 AM
The Chiefs really shouldn't be worried about Harris or Edwards one guy sucks and the other guy is old.

I don't think Gholston could ever be an everydown OLB in a cover 2, he could do it as a hybrid at times to get an extra rusher or drop to confuse a team but as a starter than nah I don't see it. He's better than Hali is right now though.

He's POTENTIALLY better than Hali. Hali has already proven himself somewhat at the NFL level. Gholston's game very well could not transfer to the NFL. Not saying it won't but there is always that possibility. I really struggle with saying some guy not yet in the NFL is better than somebody who has been a solid starter.

htismaqe
02-28-2008, 08:48 AM
He's POTENTIALLY better than Hali. Hali has already proven himself somewhat at the NFL level. Gholston's game very well could not transfer to the NFL. Not saying it won't but there is always that possibility. I really struggle with saying some guy not yet in the NFL is better than somebody who has been a solid starter.

Better? No, but he's definitely more talented.

blackhawk
02-28-2008, 10:05 AM
chis long will not go #1 overall!