PDA

View Full Version : CDL Questions

Coach
02-27-2008, 07:10 PM
For those who currently have a CDL license, there are a few questions that I hope you will be kind enough to answer for me.

I am possibly preparing myself for a possible Class B CDL.

What should I really concentrate in terms of studying for taking the CDL knowledge test? Also, for the pre-trip vehicle inspection, what are the main areas that I should know for inspection?

Any other thoughts or suggestions will be welcomed.

DomerNKC
02-27-2008, 07:51 PM
the pretrip is the worst part. Study the book and work from the drivers side front all the way around the vehicle. Good luck.

blackhawk
02-27-2008, 08:45 PM
took the class a test back in 92! dam that was along time ago good luck!

jjchieffan
02-27-2008, 10:03 PM
I took my class a 2 years ago. I have to agree with domer, the pretrip is the worst part. Get the book out, take it out to the truck you will be using when you take the test, and walk through the pretrip as if you were taking the test. Have someone with you that knows what to check, and tell them everything you are checking, just like he was the examiner. As far as the knowledge test goes, just study that book hard.

Bowser
02-27-2008, 10:07 PM
The pretrip is no fun. You basically have to know everything under the hood, how to check it, and what it does. Lot of crap to remember.

Study hard on general info and the air brakes.

Bugeater
02-27-2008, 10:21 PM
Don't smoke weed before the test.

Bweb
02-28-2008, 11:45 AM
Took mine in the mid 90's when I was living in New Mexico....hate to say it but the only thing I really remember about it was that the pretrip inspection was by far the hardest part of the test! Sorry....good luck!