PDA

View Full Version : ***Official Free Agency/Trade Thread***

HolmeZz
02-29-2008, 01:09 AM
Jonathan Vilma traded to Saints for a conditional 2009 draft pick.

Corey Williams traded to Browns for likely a 2nd round pick.

Gibril Wilson expected to sign with Oakland.

Deshaun Foster signs with San Francisco.

Jeff Faine to Tampa Bay.

Sure-Oz
02-29-2008, 01:11 AM
Justin Smiley signs with the dolphins

Mecca
02-29-2008, 01:19 AM
Gibril Wilson and Mike Huff with their corners......that's a damn good secondary.

HolmeZz
02-29-2008, 01:24 AM
Gibril Wilson and Mike Huff with their corners......that's a damn good secondary.

Eh. Fabian Washington isn't any good, Huff has been a disappointment to this point, and Gibril is pretty inconsistent.

Bump
02-29-2008, 01:33 AM
Chiefs | D. Williams expected to visit team
Thu, 28 Feb 2008 22:35:53 -0800

Adam Caplan, of Scout.com, reports free agent LB Demorrio Williams (Falcons) is expected to visit the Kansas City Chiefs.

who???

HolmeZz
02-29-2008, 01:35 AM
Demorrio would be a decent pickup. Undersized. Went to Nebraska.

Mecca
02-29-2008, 04:43 AM
Kris Jenkins is on his way to the Jets for a 3rd and 5th.......

Jason Ferguson is reportedly going to be traded to the Dolphins.

Andre Davis resigned with Houston.

The Broncos are expected to sign Lance Briggs.

Mecca
02-29-2008, 04:51 AM
The Packers traded franchise defensive tackle Corey Williams to the Browns for a second-round choice. Williams is expected to sign a six-year, $38 million contract. The Saints are close to finishing a trade for Jets linebacker Jonathan Vilma. Panthers defensive tackle Kris Jenkins is heading to the Jets for a third-and fifth-round pick. Vikings wide receiver Troy Williamson will go to the Jaguars for a sixth-round pick. Lions defensive tackle Shaun Rogers and Jaguars defensive tackle Marcus Stroud are also on the trading block and deals could move quickly involving them.

booger
02-29-2008, 06:56 AM
Also, a league source tells us that Chiefs defensive end Jimmy Wilkerson is heading to Tampa on Friday for a visit with the Bucs.

The Bad Guy
02-29-2008, 07:05 AM
Alan Faneca to the Jets - 4 years, 32 mill

Asante Samuel likely going to the Eagles

Lito Shepperd still on the trade block

Mecca
Tampa Bay who only has 44 million dollars under the cap...

Mecca
Kris Jenkins is on his way to the Jets for a 3rd and 5th.......

Jason Ferguson is reportedly going to be traded to the Dolphins.

Andre Davis resigned with Houston.

The Broncos are expected to sign Lance Briggs.

Alan Faneca to the Jets - 4 years, 32 mill

Asante Samuel likely going to the Eagles

Lito Shepperd still on the trade block

The Jets are all over it aren't they.......Jenkins and Faneca already.

The Bad Guy
02-29-2008, 07:07 AM
The Jets are all over it aren't they.......Jenkins and Faneca already.

The Jets should be doing the same thing the Chiefs are doing.

They gave up picks for a guy who needs as few distractions in his life as possible. Living in NYC, tempatation will be everywhere.

Faneca would have been better served going to the 49ers or Cardinals.

the Talking Can
02-29-2008, 07:35 AM
Vikings wide receiver Troy Williamson will go to the Jaguars for a sixth-round pick.

what a bust he was.....

PhillyChiefFan
02-29-2008, 08:28 AM
Listening to radio in Philadelphia:

ASANTE SAMUELS to sign with the Eagles...as if living here and hating the Eagles weren't enough...

:cuss::cuss::cuss:

htismaqe
02-29-2008, 08:46 AM
So am I the only one that's glad the Chiefs haven't been in on alot of this?

Sounds like alot of picks and money being thrown around for guys that have BIG question marks.

htismaqe
02-29-2008, 08:46 AM
Demorrio would be a decent pickup. Undersized. Went to Nebraska.

Might be a decent backup in the Cover2

The Bad Guy
02-29-2008, 08:50 AM
Listening to radio in Philadelphia:

ASANTE SAMUELS to sign with the Eagles...as if living here and hating the Eagles weren't enough...

:cuss::cuss::cuss:

Complete stupidity.

The guy is a primary zone corner, who will now be asked to play m2m.

This also means that Lito is on the block, and the Chiefs better be interested.

Stryker
02-29-2008, 08:52 AM

Actually Derrick Anderson is a free agent and I wish they would jump in on this - NOW!

Coogs
02-29-2008, 08:52 AM

Nope. I like the fact we are building this through the draft. The draft lasts more than 1 round, and we already have two drafts under Herm in. Those guys are now on the clock to perform. Tank, Turk, and Croyle to name the three big ones. Neiswanger and Taylor on the offensive line could factor in here as well. Throw in what is hopefully a good first day in the draft this year, and several of the 8 new starters could/should/will already be here. If not, we need to fire the drafting department, or the coaches who can not develop the players once they are here.

KevB
02-29-2008, 08:54 AM

Sounds like alot of picks and money being thrown around for guys that have BIG question marks.

I agree completely. You'd have to look at Rogers or Stroud, but 2nd round pick is too steep.

Mecca
02-29-2008, 09:04 AM
Complete stupidity.

The guy is a primary zone corner, who will now be asked to play m2m.

This also means that Lito is on the block, and the Chiefs better be interested.

According to some Eagles fans, Lito's knee is shot and "expecting him to play more than 10 games would be a miracle" for the rest of his career.

I'd move on Stroud, he's a stud, no ifs ands or buts about that one.

The Bad Guy
02-29-2008, 09:14 AM
According to some Eagles fans, Lito's knee is shot and "expecting him to play more than 10 games would be a miracle" for the rest of his career.

Weird. All of my Eagles friends are pissed off about Samuel because it means losing Lito.

I'd move on both of them. They are young enough to really help for the long haul.

The Bad Guy
02-29-2008, 09:15 AM
Actually Derrick Anderson is a free agent and I wish they would jump in on this - NOW!

So you want to give up the 5th pick and a 3rd for him?

I don't.

Zouk
02-29-2008, 09:19 AM

There's a huge if. Serious leg problems that are making the Jags think he can't be a top-of-the-line player anymore.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3152012

Stroud, 29, has had chronic ankle problems in the past and during the offseason underwent microfracture surgery, a procedure typically used on knee injuries, to address the issue.

the Talking Can
02-29-2008, 09:20 AM

no, you're not....FA has got us nowhere....there will be FA's every year...

the Chiefs said they were going to cut vets, hoard draft picks, and play young guys...so far, they are doing just that and I'm glad...

we'll pick up some 2nd and 3rd tier guys later....

the only place I'd really care to get a FA is a #2/3 WR and an OG...

seriously, people are crying about not signing Faine? wake up people...

foxman
02-29-2008, 09:24 AM
Redman Resigned FWIW with the Falcunts

and....
February 29, 2008, 09:56
Buccaneers, Saints :: OL

Bucs Agree To Terms With C Faine
Stephen F. Holder, St. Petersburg Times - [Full Article]

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have wasted no time in addressing one of their biggest needs at the outset of the free-agent signing period. The Times has learned New Orleans free agent center Jeff Faine has agreed to a multi-year contract that will make him the league's highest-paid player at the position. Faine was expected to be one of the most intriguing offensive linemen on the market, which would explain why the Bucs are willing to open the coffers to sign him. The value of his deal will surpass those of Cleveland's LeCharles Bentley and Chicago's Olin Kreutz, currently the league's highest-paid centers.

The Bad Guy
02-29-2008, 09:24 AM
The Chiefs have to spend wisely.

I'm not upset they haven't signed Faine, but they can't rely on a bunch of 3rd tier guys to fill crucial spots on this team.

There aren't enough draft picks to solidy the entire line, defensive tackle, cornerback and wide receiver.

They are going to have to spend it somewhere.

OnTheWarpath15
02-29-2008, 09:25 AM

the Chiefs said they were going to cut vets, hoard draft picks, and play young guys...so far, they are doing just that and I'm glad...

we'll pick up some 2nd and 3rd tier guys later....

the only place I'd really care to get a FA is a #2/3 WR and an OG...

I can only speak for myself, but I'm not as upset about missing out on Faine as I am the process - which as I've said before - was probably to be expected. Guess I was just hoping things might be different this year.

That, and I'm not exactly thrilled with the idea of taking our best OL and moving him to center.

While we're at it, let's move Jared Allen to DT and Tony Gonzalez to FB.

02-29-2008, 09:25 AM
The Jets should be doing the same thing the Chiefs are doing.

They gave up picks for a guy who needs as few distractions in his life as possible. Living in NYC, tempatation will be everywhere.

Faneca would have been better served going to the 49ers or Cardinals.

They tried that last year and got caught with there pants down. the Jets still have a lot of cap room, much more than the Chiefs, I believe. both lines are awful and the coach and GM's asses are on the line if they don't do well next year. Jenkins and Faneca were must pick ups to improve both lines.

OnTheWarpath15
02-29-2008, 09:27 AM
The Chiefs have to spend wisely.

I'm not upset they haven't signed Faine, but they can't rely on a bunch of 3rd tier guys to fill crucial spots on this team.

There aren't enough draft picks to solidify the entire line, defensive tackle, cornerback and wide receiver.

They are going to have to spend it somewhere.

Exactly. Great post.

the Talking Can
02-29-2008, 09:27 AM
I can only speak for myself, but I'm not as upset about missing out on Faine as I am the process - which as I've said before - was probably to be expected. Guess I was just hoping things might be different this year.

That, and I'm not exactly thrilled with the idea of taking our best OL and moving him to center.

While we're at it, let's move Jared Allen to DT and Tony Gonzalez to FB.

the Chiefs told anyone that would listen that they weren't going to be spending much in FA this year...if you expected them to sign guys in the first 8 hrs of FA you have only yourself to blame....

the Talking Can
02-29-2008, 09:29 AM
They tried that last year and got caught with there pants down. the Jets still have a lot of cap room, much more than the Chiefs, I believe. both lines are awful and the coach and GM's asses are on the line if they don't do well next year. Jenkins and Faneca were must pick ups to improve both lines.

Jenkins and Faneca are the kind of older vets that get signed to thrill True Fans...those guys have a lot of mileage, and unless you're a ready-built contender it makes no sense....

the Jets are getting Carl-ed....thank god we aren't doing that anymore...

OnTheWarpath15
02-29-2008, 09:31 AM
the Chiefs told anyone that would listen that they weren't going to be spending much in FA this year...if you expected them to sign guys in the first 8 hrs of FA you have only yourself to blame....

Spending much, and letting the first days of FA pass them by while the Jeff Faine's, Jacob Bell's and Jake Scott's of the league are signing with other teams.

I'd bet that less than 10% of this board's membership has a clue as to who's the next best FA center under the age of 30 without looking it up.

TBM is right. They can't fill all these holes in the draft, or with huge name stars like Anthony Alibi.....

:rolleyes:

OnTheWarpath15
02-29-2008, 09:32 AM
Jenkins and Faneca are the kind of older vets that get signed to thrill True Fans...those guys have a lot of mileage, and unless you're a ready-built contender it makes no sense....

Yep.

I'm shocked the Jets are moving in that direction.

Bowser
02-29-2008, 09:32 AM
Spending much, and letting the first days of FA pass them by while the Jeff Faine's, Jacob Bell's and Jake Scott's of the league are signing with other teams.

I'd bet that less than 10% of this board's membership has a clue as to who's the next best FA center under the age of 30 without looking it up.

TBM is right. They can't fill all these holes in the draft, or with huge name stars like Anthony Alibi.....

WE CAN'T BUY CHAMPAGNE WITH BEER MONEY!!! HERM SAID SO!!!

02-29-2008, 09:33 AM

Jenkins is 29, not that old for a fat NT/DT. I think Ted Washington played until he was 50 years old weighing 450lb's. he's good for 5 years at least and is a proven commodity. Faneca is a much better replacement than Kendall, who believe it or not anchored that line in 2006.

I don't like the Vilma deal for a 2009 pick or giving up a 3rd for Jenkins, but it is what it is.

The Bad Guy
02-29-2008, 09:34 AM

They could have spent the money on Jake Scott and traded for Marcus Stroud and it would have been a much better fit.

Jenkins is a guy who will get distracted by NYC.

milkman
02-29-2008, 09:34 AM

I don't expect the Chiefs to sign anyone in the first week, possibly two weeks of FA.

I was surprised that they even had any visits lined up yet.

the Talking Can
02-29-2008, 09:37 AM

why not?

if our scouts and personel guys are as good as Herm and the Herm-lovers claim, then we certainly can....

I'm fine with another top 10 draft pick next year, and I certainly don't want to trade it for some schmoe named Faine....it all reeks of 8-8ism...

the Talking Can
02-29-2008, 09:40 AM
Jenkins is 29, not that old for a fat NT/DT. I think Ted Washington played until he was 50 years old weighing 450lb's. he's good for 5 years at least and is a proven commodity. Faneca is a much better replacement than Kendall, who believe it or not anchored that line in 2006.

I don't like the Vilma deal for a 2009 pick or giving up a 3rd for Jenkins, but it is what it is.

Jenkins has done a lot of damage to his body....giving big money to DT pushing 30 with multiple injuries? no thanks, that's Carl's worn out philosophy...

his best days are clearly behind him, as are Faneca's....rebuilding franchises should not be signing these guys...

for once we are doing it right....

OnTheWarpath15
02-29-2008, 09:42 AM
why not?

if our scouts and personel guys are as good as Herm and the Herm-lovers claim, then we certainly can....

I'm fine with another top 10 draft pick next year, and I certainly don't want to trade it for some schmoe named Faine....it all reeks of 8-8ism...

If Faine was a 30-something like these rest of these guys, I'd agree completely.

Good OL under the age of 27 are hard to come by.

Since we can't seem to develop our own, they better start thinking about getting on the phone and making a deal.

I'm just curious: (directed at everyone)

If people think Jeff Faine was overpaid, WTF do you expect Jacob Bell and Jake Scott to get?

The Bad Guy
02-29-2008, 09:42 AM
why not?

There in lies the problem.

Our scouts are a lot of the reason we are in this mess. Their evaluations of guys have hurt us just as much as the activity in FA.

Frankie
02-29-2008, 09:45 AM

True. But there IS such a thing as poker talk.

nychief
02-29-2008, 09:48 AM
I think the chiefs are in 2/3 year rebuilding mode at the moment. Next year is a wash... If we can solidify the line and get a couple of starters out of this draft...

THIS ****ING DEPRESSING.

Bowser
02-29-2008, 09:48 AM
There in lies the problem.

Our scouts are a lot of the reason we are in this mess. Their evaluations of guys have hurt us just as much as the activity in FA.

I agree with this, but how much of that points at the Vermeil regime?

the Talking Can
02-29-2008, 09:52 AM
True. But there IS such a thing as poker talk.

sure

I think we only need to be looking at FA's like Boone...the guy wasn't even a starter....he was great value

draft this year, play the young guys, get another round of high picks next year and then start looking at FA's to fill gaps....i just think we're a year away from needing to care about FA at all....

with one exception: WR....there is an abundance of #2/3 WRs available this year, and I hope we pick one up....

milkman
02-29-2008, 09:53 AM
I agree with this, but how much of that points at the Vermeil regime?

And how much of the blame falls on Gunt?

It was his wish list that got us guys like Kendrell Bell and Sammy Knight.

nychief

I love the name"gunt" it is perfect for that old dick

Bowser

Good point. The one guy he wanted that would have been worth it didn't even make it here - Julian Peterson.

Bowser
02-29-2008, 09:54 AM
And don't forget Carlos Hall. ROFL

The Bad Guy
02-29-2008, 09:55 AM

All of it has to.

He ****ing wanted Hall, Knight, Bell, Surtain, Siavii.

This old back of shit set this roster back more than Vermeil.

02-29-2008, 09:57 AM
Jenkins has done a lot of damage to his body....giving big money to DT pushing 30 with multiple injuries? no thanks, that's Carl's worn out philosophy...

his best days are clearly behind him, as are Faneca's....rebuilding franchises should not be signing these guys...

for once we are doing it right....

Jenkins hurt his shoulder in 2004 and blew out his ACL in 2005. he's been healthy for 2 consecutive years now. and who's giving him big money? the Jets didn't sign him as a FA, it was a trade. I disagree about Faneca, but we'll have to wait and see about that.

I wouldn't call these pickups ''rebuilding the franchise'', they are more like essential plugs in some gaping holes.

Chiefnj2
02-29-2008, 09:57 AM

If the choice is between signing Faine and keeping Waters at LG, or not signing Faine and moving Waters to center and hoping to fill the OL with 3 rookies, then I certainly would have preferred the Faine option.

OnTheWarpath15
02-29-2008, 09:58 AM
If the choice is between signing Faine and keeping Waters at RG, or not signing Faine and moving Waters to center and hoping to fill the OL with 3 rookies, then I certainly would have preferred the Faine option.

QFT.

the Talking Can
02-29-2008, 10:02 AM
If the choice is between signing Faine and keeping Waters at LG, or not signing Faine and moving Waters to center and hoping to fill the OL with 3 rookies, then I certainly would have preferred the Faine option.

I'd rather play the rookies...

milkman
02-29-2008, 10:02 AM
All of it has to.

He ****ing wanted Hall, Knight, Bell, Surtain, Siavii.

This old back of shit set this roster back more than Vermeil.

In the end, all the blame falls back on Carl.

It was clear that Spinner needed to go, but Carl brings Gunt back and gives him the keys to the defense?

That's ****ing stupidity of the highest order.

Sad thing is, these same dumb****s are still here.

Bowser
02-29-2008, 10:04 AM
In the end, all the blame falls back on Carl.

It was clear that Spinner needed to go, but Carl brings Gunt back and gives him the keys to the defense?

That's ****ing stupidity of the highest order.

Sad thing is, these same dumb****s are still here.

An interesting hindsight discussion -

Who was available at the time Robinson got canned, or who has moved into a D-Coordinator position with success since Gunt came home?

Chiefnj2
02-29-2008, 10:05 AM
I'd rather play the rookies...

Which rookies?

milkman
02-29-2008, 10:12 AM
An interesting hindsight discussion -

Who was available at the time Robinson got canned, or who has moved into a D-Coordinator position with success since Gunt came home?

I think I might have been clamoring for a Raven LB coach or a Buc asst at the time.

Don't really remember specifics.

the Talking Can
02-29-2008, 10:18 AM
Which rookies?

don't care

Sure-Oz
02-29-2008, 10:28 AM
As long as we get bryant johnson and brown i will be happy and another solid player on D or two.

htismaqe
02-29-2008, 10:34 AM

I agree with that.

Archie Bunker
02-29-2008, 10:54 AM
Kawika to Buffalo

http://www.buffalonews.com/258/story/288087.html

The Buffalo Bills have reached an agreement with New York Giants free-agent outside linebacker Kawika Mitchell, The Buffalo News has learned.

Meanwhile, former Pro Bowl defensive tackle Marcus Stroud of the Jacksonville Jaguars is scheduled to visit the Bills today. Stroud is not a free agent but has been given permission from the Jaguars to seek a trade.

Mitchell, 28, is a five-year veteran who started 16 games for the Super Bowl champions last season. He's 6-foot-1 and 253 pounds. He figures to be an immediate upgrade at strong-side linebacker for the Bills' defense.

Mitchell is expected in Buffalo later today to sign a contract.

For the latest on the Bills, check back at Buffalonews.com and see Saturday's Buffalo News.

Coogs
02-29-2008, 11:41 AM
ESPN.com front page is reporting Anderson and Cleveland have reached a deal, and that the Vilma to the Saints trade is done as well.

blueballs
02-29-2008, 11:44 AM
Is Jerome Mathis worth going after
the Texans didn't get him signed
who's their return man now

Bowser
02-29-2008, 11:48 AM

Andre Davis resigned with them. I assume he'll be their returner.

kcchiefsus
02-29-2008, 11:49 AM

As if Stroud doesn't have HIS own injury problems?

blueballs
02-29-2008, 11:51 AM
This offense needs all the help it can get
if you want the D to give them a short field -STs too
it may be worth it to sign a know product even on a young team

melbar
02-29-2008, 12:03 PM
Jenkins hurt his shoulder in 2004 and blew out his ACL in 2005. he's been healthy for 2 consecutive years now. and who's giving him big money? the Jets didn't sign him as a FA, it was a trade. I disagree about Faneca, but we'll have to wait and see about that.

I wouldn't call these pickups ''rebuilding the franchise'', they are more like essential plugs in some gaping holes.

Roaf was 31 when we signed him...

EyePod
02-29-2008, 12:06 PM
Roaf was 31 when we signed him...

Don't use that as your norm. Deals with players that old don't normally end up that well.

melbar
02-29-2008, 12:53 PM
Looking at the NFL.com free agent news page and not one mention of the Chiefs even talking to or planning to meet anyone.:shake:

melbar
02-29-2008, 12:54 PM
Don't use that as your norm. Deals with players that old don't normally end up that well.

O-linemen havent fared all that badly at 30...

Sure-Oz
02-29-2008, 01:12 PM
rotoworld.com
Jerry Porter-WR-Jaguars Feb. 29 - 1:25 pm et

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports that the Jaguars agreed to terms with Jerry Porter on a six-year, $30 million contract, with $10 million guaranteed.

That's almost reasonable in this market. Jacksonville likes their wideouts bulky and Porter will help in the red zone, hurting Reggie Williams. Porter will start, probably opposite Williams or Matt Jones, with Dennis Northcutt in the slot. Porter should be a solid starter, their nominal "number one," but his fantasy potential is limited to WR3/4 status in a conservative spread-the-wealth offense. Troy Williamson's chance to make an impact just went down.

Coogs
02-29-2008, 01:27 PM
Some of this isn't new, but...

Chiefs miss out on Faine, ready for Falcons linebacker's visit
By ADAM TEICHER
The Kansas City Star
The Chiefs were anticipating today’s arrival of Atlanta linebacker Demorrio Williams as the NFL’s free agent market opened.

The Chiefs were hoping for a visit from one of their other top free-agent targets, Seattle kicker Josh Brown.

They never had a chance for New Orleans center Jeff Faine, who quickly accepted an offer from Tampa Bay.

Dallas cornerback Jacques Reeves was scheduled to meet with the Chiefs on Tuesday.

Their plans for Williams were immediately unclear. One starting linebacker is Derrick Johnson, who is only 25 and played well last season.

But the Chiefs were disappointed in Napoleon Harris, who signed as a free agent last year. They are also concerned with the advancing age of the third starter, Donnie Edwards, who will be 35 in April.

Williams, 27, started for the Falcons at outside linebacker last season.

Bill Lundberg
02-29-2008, 01:27 PM

Yep

Texans KR Jerome Mathis was reportedly arrested over the weekend for choking his pregnant girlfriend.
Mathis was already on the roster bubble, even with Andre' Davis still unsigned. A restricted free agent, he could go untendered. Mathis has also had run-ins with the law in the past and may face discipline from the league.
Source: Profootballtalk.com (http://beta.profootballtalk.com/2008/02/19/texans-receiver-arrested/)

CupidStunt
02-29-2008, 01:30 PM
DeMorrio Williams isn't a bad player. He's not great or anything, but he's young and would suit a cover-two scheme well because of his speed. I'd rather sign him to a cheap-ish deal and see what he has for a year or two as opposed to wasting time with a 35-year-old tackle-misser.

htismaqe
02-29-2008, 01:49 PM
DeMorrio Williams isn't a bad player. He's not great or anything, but he's young and would suit a cover-two scheme well because of his speed. I'd rather sign him to a cheap-ish deal and see what he has for a year or two as opposed to wasting time with a 35-year-old tackle-misser.

QFT

Micjones
02-29-2008, 02:13 PM
Williams won't be a bad signing.

I was really hoping we'd fill that need in the Draft though.
We need a Guard or Center, Wide Receiver and Corner through FA.

Archie Bunker
02-29-2008, 02:18 PM
Gay to visit Saints: New England Patriots cornerback Randall Gay is scheduled to visit with the New Orleans Saints on Saturday, and he also is drawing interest from Atlanta, Seattle, Tampa Bay, Detroit, Kansas City and New England. A source said Gay is likely to take around three visits, and is hoping to command a five-year deal in the range of $15 million to $25 million in total money.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ys-freeagency022908&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

HolmeZz
02-29-2008, 03:01 PM
Shaun Rogers traded to Cincinnati.

Chiefs_5627
02-29-2008, 03:13 PM
Shaun Rogers traded to Cincinnati.

Bengals acquired DT Shaun Rogers from the Lions in exchange for a third- or fourth-round pick.
The Bengals are almost certainly moving to a 3-4 scheme and Rogers will be their new nose. Domata Peko could kick to end and/or help as a rotational player inside. Rogers was ripped religiously in Detroit, but the facts are he's a 29-year-old two-time Pro Bowler coming off a seven-sack season.

OnTheWarpath15
02-29-2008, 03:15 PM
Looks like the Raiders are looking for a LT now.....

They released Barry Sims.

There's no way Jake Long falls to 5.

http://www.ibabuzz.com/raidersblog/2008/02/29/raiders-say-goodbye-to-sims/

Chiefs_5627
02-29-2008, 03:20 PM

Kwame Harris, though unsure why, is a guy theyre after pretty hard. :hmmm:

Sure-Oz
02-29-2008, 03:21 PM
Bengals acquired DT Shaun Rogers from the Lions in exchange for a third- or fourth-round pick.
The Bengals are almost certainly moving to a 3-4 scheme and Rogers will be their new nose. Domata Peko could kick to end and/or help as a rotational player inside. Rogers was ripped religiously in Detroit, but the facts are he's a 29-year-old two-time Pro Bowler coming off a seven-sack season.

Better than denver

Chiefs_5627
02-29-2008, 03:26 PM
Better than denver

That was my first thought as well. :D

Frankie
02-29-2008, 03:41 PM

Probably. If we have the money to spend, I can't see why we cannot bring in a couple of young vets to fill some holes. We don't have 30 picks in the draft.

Sure-Oz
02-29-2008, 03:42 PM
per Rotoworld
Josh Brown-K- Seahawks Feb. 29 - 2:55 pm et
In addition to the Chiefs, the Rams are in talks with free agent PK Josh Brown.

Brown has killed the Rams with last-second kicks, and the club has a major need after Jeff Wilkins' retirement. We can't imagine them going with '07 camp body Kevin Lovell as a starter, even with the cap situation they're in.
Source: St. Louis Post Dispatch

jjchieffan
02-29-2008, 04:24 PM
Kawika to Buffalo

http://www.buffalonews.com/258/story/288087.html

The Buffalo Bills have reached an agreement with New York Giants free-agent outside linebacker Kawika Mitchell, The Buffalo News has learned.

Meanwhile, former Pro Bowl defensive tackle Marcus Stroud of the Jacksonville Jaguars is scheduled to visit the Bills today. Stroud is not a free agent but has been given permission from the Jaguars to seek a trade.

Mitchell, 28, is a five-year veteran who started 16 games for the Super Bowl champions last season. He's 6-foot-1 and 253 pounds. He figures to be an immediate upgrade at strong-side linebacker for the Bills' defense.

Mitchell is expected in Buffalo later today to sign a contract.

For the latest on the Bills, check back at Buffalonews.com and see Saturday's Buffalo News.

Dang! I was hoping Carl would rectify last years mistake and bring him back.

jjchieffan
02-29-2008, 05:45 PM
I bet the dolphins are not the worst team in football next year.

Parcells wasting no time in Miami
Free Agency 2008

After a busy morning of making deals, the Dolphins signed free-agent QB Josh McCown, who started nine games for the Raiders last year, to a two-year deal, $6.25 million contract Friday afternoon. He could start in Week 1 for Miami.

Miami also signed former Jacksonville free-agent wide receiver Ernest Wilford to a four-year, $13 million contract that included a $6 million signing bonus and another $1 million escalator.

The Miami Dolphins stormed out of the free-agent gate early Friday, adding yet another young player. The Dolphins reached agreement with former Tennessee defensive tackle Randy Starks on a five-year, $21 million contract that includes $7 million worth of guaranteed money. The best part of Starks might be his upside. He is only 24 years old.

The Dolphins also have reached agreement on a trade with the Dallas Cowboys that would reunite DT Jason Ferguson with Parcells and give Miami a new starting defensive tackle tandem for the coming season.

Additionally, the Dolphins signed former Jets tight end Sean Ryan to a one-year deal and were expecting a visit from Arizona linebacker Calvin Pace.

http://www.nfl.com/freeagency/story?id=09000d5d806f3718&template=with-video&confirm=true

melbar
02-29-2008, 05:52 PM
I bet the dolphins are not the worst team in football next year.

Parcells wasting no time in Miami
Free Agency 2008

After a busy morning of making deals, the Dolphins signed free-agent QB Josh McCown, who started nine games for the Raiders last year, to a two-year deal, $6.25 million contract Friday afternoon. He could start in Week 1 for Miami.

Miami also signed former Jacksonville free-agent wide receiver Ernest Wilford to a four-year, $13 million contract that included a $6 million signing bonus and another $1 million escalator.

The Miami Dolphins stormed out of the free-agent gate early Friday, adding yet another young player. The Dolphins reached agreement with former Tennessee defensive tackle Randy Starks on a five-year, $21 million contract that includes $7 million worth of guaranteed money. The best part of Starks might be his upside. He is only 24 years old.

The Dolphins also have reached agreement on a trade with the Dallas Cowboys that would reunite DT Jason Ferguson with Parcells and give Miami a new starting defensive tackle tandem for the coming season.

Additionally, the Dolphins signed former Jets tight end Sean Ryan to a one-year deal and were expecting a visit from Arizona linebacker Calvin Pace.

http://www.nfl.com/freeagency/story?id=09000d5d806f3718&template=with-video&confirm=true

Meanwhile, Carl Peterson and the Chiefs take their useual tactic of sitting on the sidelines and playing with their talleywhackers...

BigChiefFan
02-29-2008, 05:59 PM
The Chiefs plan...improve by adding players that nobody wants.

doomy3
02-29-2008, 07:38 PM
Apparently, the Shaun Rogers trade has been called off...?

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=1819

Shaun Rogers-DL- Lions Feb. 29 - 8:29 pm et

The Lions' trade of DT Shaun Rogers to the Bengals has been called off.

The deal was considered consummated by about every media keeping track, including Bengals.com. However, the Lions are reportedly now trying to deal Rogers to another team. It could be the Broncos or most likely the Bills, who cut starting DT Larry Tripplett in a surprise move Friday afternoon.

jjchieffan
02-29-2008, 07:42 PM
It is now being reported that the faiders are close to signing Giants FS Gibril Wilson to a 6 year $39mil contract. I can't say as I have heard his name. Is he worth that much, or is senile Al going crazy in FA this year?

Bob Dole
02-29-2008, 08:07 PM
Meanwhile, Carl Peterson and the Chiefs take their useual tactic of sitting on the sidelines and playing with their talleywhackers...

Carl needs his annual vacation in Europe, you know.

TRR
02-29-2008, 08:16 PM
I am really hoping KC pulls Jake Scott out of FA. He would step right in at RG, and is very aggressive in the run and passing game. Plus, I believe he is only 27 years old.

I would be happy with a starting OL of...

Jake Long / Brian Waters / Rudy Niswanger / Jake Scott / Damien McIntosh

If we could then pull a CB and WR out of FA, I would be extremely excited.

ChiefsCountry
02-29-2008, 09:03 PM
Everybody who the Chiefs should be targeting are still on the market so its not like they havent done anything wrong yet.

HolmeZz
02-29-2008, 11:29 PM
Shaun Rogers traded to Cleveland.

Chiefs_5627
03-01-2008, 12:23 AM
Shaun Rogers traded to Cleveland.

Browns acquired DT Shaun Rogers from the Lions in exchange for CB Leigh Bodden and a 2008 third-round draft choice.
The Browns won't pick until the fourth round in April, but have added about 700 lbs. to their defensive line in the past 24 hours. Rogers will have ups and downs, but can be spelled adequately by Shaun Smith. The Lions are getting a valuable pick and top flight corner who's only 26. They figure to again have serious issues vs. the run, but have got to be used to that by now.

bigbucks24
03-01-2008, 12:46 AM

Looking at the people that Miami has added so far, does it seem that they might be targeting Jake Long as the #1 draft choice?

Reportedly Signed:

Justin Smiley, OG
Sean Ryan, TE
Reggie Torbor, LB
Ernest Wilford, WR
Randy Starks, DT
Charlie Anderson, LB
Josh McCown, QB

Reportedly Interested/Close to Signing:

Calvin Pace, LB

Trade Acquisitions:

Jason Ferguson, NT

Street Free Agents:

David Kircus, WR
Joey Thomas, DB
Matt Baker, QB
Trey Darilek, OL
Junior Glymph, LB

CupidStunt
03-01-2008, 03:21 AM
Miami signs a bunch of scrubs (outside of Starks who's merely a young, mediocre, possibly decent DT) and Chiefs fans drool and complain that we're not doing the same.

F**king embarrassing.

htismaqe
03-01-2008, 07:26 AM
Miami signs a bunch of scrubs (outside of Starks who's merely a young, mediocre, possibly decent DT) and Chiefs fans drool and complain that we're not doing the same.

F**king embarrassing.

QFT

evolve27
03-01-2008, 08:34 AM
Williams has been the only FA not drafted in the 7th round that we've looked at. C'mon give us some early round drafted FA prospects that haven't reached their ceiling. Why are we filling spaces with a converted FB, disgraced CB, and a TE who are iffy at the NFL level? We have tons of holes but we can always fill these spots through rookie FA and develop our own guys. Bizzarre.

htismaqe
03-01-2008, 08:44 AM
Williams has been the only FA not drafted in the 7th round that we've looked at. C'mon give us some early round drafted FA prospects that haven't reached their ceiling. Why are we filling spaces with a converted FB, disgraced CB, and a TE who are iffy at the NFL level? We have tons of holes but we can always fill these spots through rookie FA and develop our own guys. Bizzarre.

Why would we want any of these "early round drafted FA prospects"? Did you see what Gibril Wilson is getting from the Raiders? Outrageous...

evolve27
03-01-2008, 08:52 AM
Why would we want any of these "early round drafted FA prospects"? Did you see what Gibril Wilson is getting from the Raiders? Outrageous...

That's the Raiders business they are crazy and lucky at best to land on any sort of potential, but Wilson was drafted in the 5th(is that considered early round?) and won a SB so his market value would increase I imagine. A 5th round pick I would love to see us get would be Jake Scott. Indy knows how to draft. You can't always correlate success to where you are drafted but I would prefer to view this team go down a different path than getting overloaded with scrubs.

AJKCFAN
03-01-2008, 09:14 AM
The 49ers added Justin Smith for 6 years, 45 million.

They also got Ike Bruce & DeShaun Foster yesterday

Nice start

Bowser
03-01-2008, 09:15 AM
The 49ers added Justin Smith for 6 years, 45 million.

They also got Ike Bruce & DeShaun Foster yesterday

Nice start

I called Bruce to the Niners. I are genious.

http://www.kansascity.com/491/story/512095.html

mlyonsd
03-01-2008, 09:17 AM
I called Bruce to the Niners. I are genious.

http://www.kansascity.com/491/story/512095.html

Then quit patting yourself on the back and tell me who we're going to draft in the first round so I can start whining right now.

(practicing for draft day...just a habit)

Bowser
03-01-2008, 09:19 AM
Then quit patting yourself on the back and tell me who we're going to draft in the first round so I can start whining right now.

(practicing for draft day...just a habit)

We will be sure and pick the guy that will ensure this place melts down.

:)

03-01-2008, 09:20 AM
Pats' Moss listening to other offers
By John Clayton
ESPN.com

The New England Patriots and Randy Moss aren't close to a deal and Moss is starting to listen to offers from other teams, according to a source.

Moss, who wasn't franchised by the Patriots, became a free agent after midnight Thursday. Though talks continue with the Patriots, the numbers aren't close enough for him to close his ears to other opportunities.

To facilitate a trade for the Patriots last spring, Moss took a $7 million paycut -- from $10 million to $3 million -- but shortened his contract to one year. The Patriots had the option of franchising him but decided to work out a contract with him.

As a free agent, Moss is available to the highest bidder. He would like to stay in New England with Tom Brady, but he could be available for the right offer. It is not known how many teams and which teams contacted him.

John Clayton is a senior NFL writer for ESPN.com

Come on, somebody other than the Patriots step up and sign this piece of shit.

Bowser
03-01-2008, 09:22 AM
Come on, somebody other than the Patriots step up and sign this piece of shit.

I'm calling it now - he's going to end up a Cowboy, playing across from TO.

03-01-2008, 09:24 AM
I'm calling it now - he's going to end up a Cowboy, playing across from TO.

Oh cool, I'm going to add to your reputation right now in hopes that this comes true. thank you! :toast:

mlyonsd
03-01-2008, 09:47 AM
We will be sure and pick the guy that will ensure this place melts down.

:)

With this team's track history I usually don't make player predictions but I'm going to stick my neck out this one time.

The first day of the draft the Dolphins will call the Chiefs and notify them they are going to pick Long the OT from Michigan as their #1 pick.

Carl, not to be out done counters by offering the Dolphins KC's first 8 picks for Miami's first pick.

When Long is announced as the Chief's number one pick there are plenty of high fives between Herm and Carl in the war room.

As Long ascends the stairs to the NY stage as the first pick in the draft a cable holding one side of a set of overhead lights gives way causing it to swing out of control. It hits Long just as he reaches the stage, knocking him to the floor below.

Unfortunately for Long, he severly breaks his left leg which requires emergency amputation by the paramedics right there on national television.

The statement that comes out later from a dejected Chiefs war room reads simply "We regret the unfortunate happenings of today, and pray for Mr. Long's health. We would like to point out though that in a brilliant stroke of General Manager manuevering, this happened when Mr. Long was not under contract, thus the Kansas City Chiefs have tons of money to sign all the crappy free agents that are left out there".

ps. I chose left leg just on a whim. If it turns out to be his right I still take full credit for the prediction.

htismaqe
03-01-2008, 10:08 AM
That's the Raiders business they are crazy and lucky at best to land on any sort of potential, but Wilson was drafted in the 5th(is that considered early round?) and won a SB so his market value would increase I imagine. A 5th round pick I would love to see us get would be Jake Scott. Indy knows how to draft. You can't always correlate success to where you are drafted but I would prefer to view this team go down a different path than getting overloaded with scrubs.

The 5th round is the 2nd-to-last. :D

Sure-Oz
03-01-2008, 10:34 AM
per Rotoworld
Bryant Johnson-WR-Cardinals Mar. 1 - 11:26 am et
The Bills have made contact with free agent WR Bryant Johnson.
At least someone has. The Bears were also rumored to be interested. All indications point to no teams offering Johnson a starting job or money.
Source: Buffalo News

make an offer chiefs, you bastards!

raybec 4
03-01-2008, 11:16 AM
per Rotoworld
Bryant Johnson-WR-Cardinals Mar. 1 - 11:26 am et
The Bills have made contact with free agent WR Bryant Johnson.
At least someone has. The Bears were also rumored to be interested. All indications point to no teams offering Johnson a starting job or money.
Source: Buffalo News

make an offer chiefs, you bastards!

Carl is waiting until someone else makes an offer in the hopes of getting in a bidding war. That way he can say the price was too high and no one will notice when we ink Keenan McCardell to an 8 year $52 million dollar deal with $38 million Guaranteed

journeyscarab
03-01-2008, 11:56 AM
Lance Briggs will not go to Denver, he will go to Jets.

journeyscarab
03-01-2008, 12:01 PM
John Lynch signs 1 yr deal with Broncos.

Chiefs intrested in ex Bronco LB Ian Gold

Chiefs offer Javon Walker 5 yr 25 million dollar deal

doomy3
03-01-2008, 12:07 PM
John Lynch signs 1 yr deal with Broncos.

Chiefs intrested in ex Bronco LB Ian Gold

Chiefs offer Javon Walker 5 yr 25 million dollar deal

Where did you see that last one about Walker?

melbar
03-01-2008, 12:15 PM
If we're visiting with a 2nd tier LB from ATL and talking about moving Edwards to MLB why not make an offer to Briggs? ....No, wait, never mind....:shake:

Sure-Oz
03-01-2008, 12:17 PM
Where did you see that last one about Walker?

No shit....i saw on rotoworld that 1/3 of the league had interest in walker and the chiefs weren't on that list

doomy3
03-01-2008, 12:19 PM
No shit....i saw on rotoworld that 1/3 of the league had interest in walker and the chiefs weren't on that list

Yep, it's funny how much misinformation is out there. I haven't seen anything about the Chiefs being interested in Ian Gold either. I wonder if those were just shots in the dark?

jjchieffan
03-01-2008, 12:33 PM
[QUOTE=bigbucks24;4609299]Looking at the people that Miami has added so far, does it seem that they might be targeting Jake Long as the #1 draft choice?

I hope so. That way our front office won't be tempted to take him. Bill Parcells is a fool if he takes Long at #1, I know more about him than Bill Parcells\\Mecca

Archie Bunker
03-01-2008, 01:59 PM
Notes from www.rotoworld.com

Jacques Reeves signs with the Texans

Donte Stallworth with visit the Raiders

Drayton Florence signs with the Jaguars

Bryant Johnson is in Buffalo

ChiefsCountry
03-01-2008, 02:49 PM
DJ Hackett, Jacob Bell, and Randall Gay are still available. The 3 the Chiefs to need target the most.

Mecca
03-01-2008, 03:02 PM
[QUOTE=bigbucks24;4609299]Looking at the people that Miami has added so far, does it seem that they might be targeting Jake Long as the #1 draft choice?

I hope so. That way our front office won't be tempted to take him. Bill Parcells is a fool if he takes Long at #1, I know more about him than Bill Parcells\\Mecca

They're taking Gholston first, good call to throw some shit at me though when it's a corny statement.

OnTheWarpath15
03-01-2008, 05:02 PM
Devery Henderson has been re-signed by the Saints.

Bowser
03-01-2008, 05:15 PM
DJ Hackett, Jacob Bell, and Randall Gay are still available. The 3 the Chiefs to need target the most.

They all sound third tier to me. They probably will end up here.

Bowser
03-01-2008, 05:17 PM
Devery Henderson has been re-signed by the Saints.

Well, hell. That's every wideout (Henderson, Berrian, Stallworth) that I'd hoped would end up here, minus Bryant Johnson. What're the odds he makes it out of Buffalo.

ChiefsCountry
03-01-2008, 05:18 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=3268771

I've been pimping these guys awhile and now Pasterbelly is on the bandwagon.

OnTheWarpath15
03-01-2008, 05:20 PM

Bell and Gay are certainly not 3rd tier. Hackett? Debatable.

Anywho, The Huddle Report has a page where they projected what kind of deals each FA was going to get, and so far, they've been pretty damn close.

Here's what they have to say on the three you mentioned:

Jacob Bell: $9.5 guaranteed, $6.5M per year.

DJ Hackett: $10M guaranteed, $5.5M per year.

Randall Gay: $4.5M guaranteed, $3.5M per year.

If those end up being anywhere near right, then Gay is the only possibility IMO.

Bowser
03-01-2008, 05:21 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=3268771

I've been pimping these guys awhile and now Pasterbelly is on the bandwagon.

Eh, hopefully they can come in and suprise, if they come in at all.

I'm still hoping for Jake Scott, late of Indianapolis.

Archie Bunker
03-01-2008, 05:26 PM
Outside of Johnson and Hackett are there any WRs left worth a look? Looking at the some of the FA list it appears the WR pool has dried up pretty fast.

ChiefsCountry
03-01-2008, 05:28 PM
Outside of Johnson and Hackett are there any WRs left worth a look? Looking at the some of the FA list it appears the WR pool has dried up pretty fast.

There is this guy from New England but while I would love to have his talent its not right for the Chiefs right now.

Bowser
03-01-2008, 05:29 PM

Jabar Gaffney is the only one I can think of, and he probably would be a #3 guy.

OnTheWarpath15
03-01-2008, 06:00 PM
Jabar Gaffney is the only one I can think of, and he probably would be a #3 guy.

Him, McCareins and Keary Colbert are the only ones I can think of ATM.

Nothing special.

Bowser
03-01-2008, 06:03 PM
Him, McCareins and Keary Colbert are the only ones I can think of ATM.

Nothing special.

Huh. I didn't know Colbert was still playing.

OnTheWarpath15
03-01-2008, 06:12 PM
Huh. I didn't know Colbert was still playing.

Honestly, I'm not sure if he is or not.

Just remember seeing his name on a FA list......

milkman
03-01-2008, 06:17 PM
Honestly, I'm not sure if he is or not.

Just remember seeing his name on a FA list......

He was inactive most of last season, spending the latter part of the season on IR.

OnTheWarpath15
03-01-2008, 06:27 PM
He was inactive most of last season, spending the latter part of the season on IR.

Meh.

Wouldn't be a bad pickup on the cheap.

And it's not like he'd take playing time away from a young player that needs it.

I think he could step in to the 2 slot (not thrilled about it) and move Webb where he belongs at the 3 slot.

****, I don't know anymore.

:(

ChiefsCountry
03-01-2008, 07:45 PM
Bell and Gay are certainly not 3rd tier. Hackett? Debatable.

Anywho, The Huddle Report has a page where they projected what kind of deals each FA was going to get, and so far, they've been pretty damn close.

Here's what they have to say on the three you mentioned:

Jacob Bell: $9.5 guaranteed, $6.5M per year.

DJ Hackett: $10M guaranteed, $5.5M per year.

Randall Gay: $4.5M guaranteed, $3.5M per year.

If those end up being anywhere near right, then Gay is the only possibility IMO.

Look at some of the cash being thrown out right. You can two of these guys for one of the contracts some of these guys are getting.

Chiefs_5627
03-01-2008, 08:43 PM
Briggs stays with Bears! :eek:

Chiefs_5627
03-01-2008, 08:43 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=113528

Bears re-signed Lance Briggs to a six-year, $36 million contract.
Mar. 1 - 9:39 pm et

Chiefs_5627
03-01-2008, 08:46 PM
Clearing the way for Chris Long?!?!

Yahoo! Sports reports that Jason Taylor and the Dolphins have "decided to part ways" this offseason.
Both sides have agreed a trade is for the best, and Taylor has already left the Miami area to prepare for Dancing with the Stars. There were rumors about Green Bay's interest Saturday, although that has proven premature. Miami can probably pick up a couple of solid draft picks for Taylor, 33. Mar. 1 - 8:41 pm et

Bowser
03-01-2008, 09:03 PM
It makes me happy that Lance Briggs did not end up in Denver.

Also heard on Sirius NFL that Keary Colbert is a Bronco. That makes me happy, as well.

Chiefs_5627
03-01-2008, 09:10 PM
Bears re-signed Lance Briggs to a six-year, $36 million contract, with $12 million in guarantees.
Sometimes free agency isn't all it's cracked up to be. After holding out because of Chicago's use of the franchise tag last summer, Briggs didn't get a sniff from another team on the open market. His pricetag and fears that Briggs is a product of Lovie Smith's system scared teams off. Briggs' tackle numbers should stay sky high.

bigbucks24
03-01-2008, 11:49 PM
[QUOTE=jjchieffan;4609810]

They're taking Gholston first, good call to throw some shit at me though when it's a corny statement.

Why do you think they are taking VG? Just curious of your opinion.

the Talking Can
03-01-2008, 11:59 PM
Briggs stays with Bears! :eek:

proof that $$$ will make up for ANY hard feelings....

htismaqe
03-02-2008, 09:39 AM
Look at some of the cash being thrown out right. You can two of these guys for one of the contracts some of these guys are getting.

Yep. There's nothing wrong with being a bit patient.

Mecca
03-02-2008, 09:41 AM
Clearing the way for Chris Long?!?!

Yahoo! Sports reports that Jason Taylor and the Dolphins have "decided to part ways" this offseason.
Both sides have agreed a trade is for the best, and Taylor has already left the Miami area to prepare for Dancing with the Stars. There were rumors about Green Bay's interest Saturday, although that has proven premature. Miami can probably pick up a couple of solid draft picks for Taylor, 33. Mar. 1 - 8:41 pm et

Jason Taylor has been standing up in the 3-4 not playing DE....this opens it for Gholston more than Long....

And for the other post, I think they are taking Gholston because of the top 3-5 players in the draft he is the one that fits Parcells MO of players he loves.

Archie Bunker
03-02-2008, 01:22 PM
Notes of interest from Rotoworld....

Bryant Johnson in TB
Randall Gay signs with NO

The Bad Guy
03-02-2008, 01:26 PM
I'm amazed that we haven't brought in one wide receiver.

blueballs
03-02-2008, 01:27 PM
Randy Gay is a Saint

Sure-Oz
03-02-2008, 01:31 PM
I'm amazed that we haven't brought in one wide receiver.

Are you really suprised with the assclowns on the sidelines and front office? Seriously, jeff webb?

ChiefsCountry
03-02-2008, 02:56 PM
I was afraid New Orleans might get Randall Gay. He is a native of Louisiana and played for LSU.

Spicy McHaggis
03-02-2008, 03:49 PM
With Wilkerson gone my want for Travis LaBoy increases exponentially.

blueballs
03-03-2008, 11:32 AM
Trade...As reported earlier in the day the New York Jets have agreed to terms on a trade that will send DT Dwayne Robertson to Cincinnati for the Bengals 4th and 5th round picks (#114 and #151)...completion of the trade is contingent upon Robertson agreeing to an new contract and passing his physical.

Bengals need to work out a contract with Engledork