PDA

View Full Version : Samuels about to sign...

melbar
02-29-2008, 11:47 AM
Eagles | Samuel expected to sign soon
Fri, 29 Feb 2008 09:19:56 -0800

Updating a previous report, John Clayton, of ESPN.com, reports the Philadelphia Eagles are expected to sign unrestricted free-agent CB Asante Samuel (Patriots) soon. The deal is expected to be more than five years and $47.2 million.

Bowser
02-29-2008, 11:47 AM
Huh.

PhillyChiefFan
02-29-2008, 11:56 AM
I Hate the Eagles.

ROYC75
02-29-2008, 11:57 AM
Bye Bye Sheppard ?

Hello KC ?

Mecca
02-29-2008, 11:58 AM
This has been rumored for weeks......

And are people aware that his name is Samuel and not Samuels? Is this like Kendall Gammons?

RustShack
02-29-2008, 12:02 PM
He will love his pass rush from Jared Allen.

BigChiefFan
02-29-2008, 12:05 PM
Why would the Eagles want to improve? ****in' arena leaguers.

melbar
02-29-2008, 12:06 PM

And are people aware that his name is Samuel and not Samuels? Is this like Kendall Gammons?

yep, my bad...

Mr. Laz
02-29-2008, 12:06 PM
Bye Bye Sheppard ?

Hello KC ?

that would sure open up the possibility :hmmm:

philly has good player evaluation imo .... i don't think i want anyone they they don't want.

Mr. Laz
02-29-2008, 12:08 PM

who gives a flying monkey f*ck about what the name of a ex-patriot,soontobe-eagle is?

or is this just your compulsive need to lecture people popping up again?

BigChiefFan
02-29-2008, 12:09 PM

philly has good player evaluation imo .... i don't think i want anyone they they don't want.
I think it's more that they realize Samuel is better than Sheppard.

Eleazar
02-29-2008, 12:10 PM

Kendall Gammons and Ryan Simms and Dustin Collquitt and Kimbal Anders and Sammy Parker and Chase Daniels are all pissed off about this.

Mecca
02-29-2008, 12:10 PM
who gives a flying monkey f*ck about what the name of a ex-patriot,soontobe-eagle is?

or is this just your compulsive need to lecture people popping up again?

No I've just seen it about 15 times now it was beginning to annoy me.

melbar
02-29-2008, 12:13 PM

Maybe with his injury history he would be well suited as the nickle back? :shrug:

Not that there isnt wear and tear on those guys too, but maybe less than being out every play...

Ultra Peanut
02-29-2008, 12:19 PM

And are people aware that his name is Samuel and not Samuels? Is this like Kendall Gammons?At least his first name isn't Samie.

BigChiefFan
02-29-2008, 12:30 PM

philly has good player evaluation imo .... i don't think i want anyone they they don't want.How can that be, Mecca told me Samuel was just a product of the system. Surely, the Eagles don't actually know what they're doing, do they? LOL.

Mecca
02-29-2008, 01:03 PM
He is a product of the system.....he's not a good press guy, he makes plays due to pressure so he should be fine in Philly...provided he doesn't end up in press man with a bad rush he won't look good there.

That doesn't mean I think Samuel sucks either, I just think the system makes him look better than he is.

BucEyedPea
02-29-2008, 01:23 PM
Waa! I hope he plays for them by missing easy pick-offs in a SB too. :D

Hoover
02-29-2008, 01:25 PM

The Freak, Hugh Douglas...

unlurking
02-29-2008, 02:40 PM
He is a product of the system.....he's not a good press guy, he makes plays due to pressure so he should be fine in Philly...provided he doesn't end up in press man with a bad rush he won't look good there.

That doesn't mean I think Samuel sucks either, I just think the system makes him look better than he is.

A system that is looking to add improved pass rushing from JA to help him. Wish we had a system like that.

B_Ambuehl
03-01-2008, 12:42 AM
Philly is an odd organization. They seem to draft very smart....always picking up defensive and offensive lineman a couple of years before their starters hit free agency...they then let the starters go and have an equal backup already in place. But they've needed a WR for 3 years now and they go out and spend money on a cornerback when they already have 2 good ones...makes no sense to me.