PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Sign Punter!!!!! Huh!!!

Zman
02-29-2008, 02:22 PM
:cuss: I must be insane. The Chiefs signed their punter! YEA!! This is front page news for a team that went 4-12. I hate this Fu**ing team, the Jaguars sign porter and make a trade the jets make a trade the vikings make a trade and sign someone the bills sign mitchell, samuel is getting ready to sign why is everyone else trying to get better and we do nothing we are waiting for a kicker and a linebacker to come to town oh boy where going to build through the draft blah blah blah!!! I have been hearing this for 30 years. I have already non renewed my tickets and it will be a cold day in hell before I give another dime to this team, I can't wait till the red coater calls me and ask why I didn't renew. I am done now thanks for letting me VENT!!

Micjones
02-29-2008, 02:23 PM
That was a good signing.

It doesn't excuse their being inactive otherwise, but resigning Colquitt was good news.

The Franchise
02-29-2008, 02:23 PM
:spock:STFU

htismaqe
02-29-2008, 02:25 PM
That was a good signing.

It doesn't excuse their being inactive otherwise, but resigning Colquitt was good news.

Like I said in the other thread, why is this such a big deal?

NOBODY that's been moved so far was particularly interesting. The amount of money and/or picks that is being thrown around is RIDICULOUS.

Archie Bunker
ROFL

Been waiting all day for a thread like this. FA is always such an entertaining time on this board.

Chiefs_5627
rochambeau

Micjones
02-29-2008, 02:27 PM

NOBODY that's been moved so far was particularly interesting. The amount of money and/or picks that is being thrown around is RIDICULOUS.

Jeff Faine would've been a hell of an upgrade and an answer for many years to come at Center.
And how about Vilma?

Chiefs_5627
02-29-2008, 02:27 PM

Agreed, most arent worth half of what they are getting.

Micjones
02-29-2008, 02:28 PM
Or Randy Starks?

htismaqe
02-29-2008, 02:28 PM
Jeff Faine would've been a hell of an upgrade and an answer for many years to come at Center.
And how about Vilma?

Faine got alot of money. And yeah, it sucks we missed out on Vilma.

That's 2 guys. It ain't the end of the world.

Deberg_1990
02-29-2008, 02:29 PM
Some of you guys are living in the past.

The Chiefs wont be signing any huge FA this year, they have already stated this.

I for one, am glad that the Chiefs are trying to build with youth. Be patient and it will pay off in 2 to 3 years.

In all honesty, the Chiefs need to draft top 10 again next year.

Chiefs_5627
02-29-2008, 02:30 PM
And how about Vilma?

I heard he preferred TB thats why he signed so quick. He got a pretty healthy sized contract from them as well.

Micjones
02-29-2008, 02:30 PM
Faine got alot of money. And yeah, it sucks we missed out on Vilma.

That's 2 guys. It ain't the end of the world.

Of course it's not. It's professional football...

And there are still Free Agents out there who can help this team.
Jacques Reeves IS NOT one of them though.

I like the fact that they wanted to bring Faine in...
And are scheduled to visit with Brown though...

Zman
02-29-2008, 02:31 PM
It will never pay off with the people who are running this team. I have no problem with rebuilding but for 30 years

kstater
02-29-2008, 02:31 PM
Most teams like to sign their MVP's as quickly as possible.

RustShack
02-29-2008, 02:32 PM
Look at it this way, all the other "upgrades" we have got through free agency before turned out to be total shit, so maybe trying things another way will bring some success.

Micjones
02-29-2008, 02:34 PM
Some of you guys are living in the past.

The Chiefs wont be signing any huge FA this year, they have already stated this.

Most of the players signed are second-tier ascending players.
There haven't been many elite players moved around.

I for one, am glad that the Chiefs are trying to build with youth. Be patient and it will pay off in 2 to 3 years.

Faine's 26. Vilma's 25.
How young do players need to be to play for this franchise?

So we'll pay a cool 15 million to a Top 5 pick this year and probably another 12 million to a Top 10 pick next year... And somehow that's a better strategy than signing proven FA players who can help the franchise in less time?

StcChief
02-29-2008, 02:35 PM
The guy is consistent and places the ball well. I have no problem with this signing.
Hopefully we won't be wearing him out as much in few years

Micjones
02-29-2008, 02:35 PM
Look at it this way, all the other "upgrades" we have got through free agency before turned out to be total shit, so maybe trying things another way will bring some success.

Demonizing Free Agency because we haven't hit on one makes no sense.
No, what you do is find people who can better evaluate talent.
Free Agency is working for teams all over the league.

Zman
02-29-2008, 02:40 PM
You hit the nail on the head. Another 4-12 season should get new evaluaters!

Sure-Oz
02-29-2008, 02:41 PM
Colquitts a badass

RustShack
02-29-2008, 02:47 PM

So how many 4-12 teams reached the super bowl the next year through free agency?

Zman
02-29-2008, 02:50 PM
So how many 4-12 teams reached the super bowl the next year through free agency?
How many have gone since 1969 since they last won the superbowl or have even been in one.

StcChief
02-29-2008, 02:50 PM
99 Rams

Zman
02-29-2008, 02:52 PM
99 Rams
Nice

RustShack
02-29-2008, 02:57 PM
Giving average players more than top notch money is stupid, we have too many wholes to fill to be blowing money on free agents. I know we will be bringing some in, but they will be guys that not many teams want and that are cheap. This team will be mainly put together through drafting.

Zman
02-29-2008, 02:59 PM
Giving average players more than top notch money is stupid, we have too many wholes to fill to be blowing money on free agents. I know we will be bringing some in, but they will be guys that not many teams want and that are cheap. This team will be mainly put together through drafting.
The problem is the guys who are doing the picking. I like the idea just not the people who are picking the players.

RustShack
02-29-2008, 03:01 PM
I don't think the past two drafts have been all that bad, its not even fair to say they have been bad for at least a couple more years after we've really got to see them play.

Zman
02-29-2008, 03:02 PM
I don't think the past two drafts have been all that bad, its not even fair to say they have been bad for at least a couple more years after we've really got to see them play.
Must I remind you UCLA kicker in the early round

Dave Lane
02-29-2008, 03:03 PM

With Herm as our coach its a certainty for years to come!

Dave

htismaqe
02-29-2008, 03:04 PM

Big deal. It was one pick. And he turned out to be mental, not untalented...

Micjones
02-29-2008, 03:07 PM

That's a strawman argument.
The point is improving the quality of the roster.
Whether or not we're Superbowl contenders next season is hardly an excuse for sitting idly while quality Free Agents are signed by other teams.

Zman
02-29-2008, 03:11 PM
Whether or not we're Superbowl contenders next season is hardly an excuse for sitting idly while quality Free Agents are signed by other teams.
Yes this is what I am talking about. We need to sign some good free agents and get some good draft picks.

htismaqe
02-29-2008, 03:11 PM

And my point is that I haven't seen too many "quality" free agents that have been signed by other teams unless those teams are giving up ALOT to get them...

RustShack
02-29-2008, 03:12 PM

A 5th round pick isn't very early, and I don't think many teams have every 5th rounder they've drafed make thier team either. I wouldn't be shocked if he still made it with another team early, we gave up on him way to soon.

htismaqe
02-29-2008, 03:13 PM
A 5th round pick isn't very early, and I don't think many teams have every 5th rounder they've drafed make thier team either. I wouldn't be shocked if he still made it with another team early, we gave up on him way to soon.

He was completely mental. If what I heard was true, we didn't have a choice but to get rid of him.

RustShack
02-29-2008, 03:14 PM
We have too many wholes to be giving up a lot of money on average talent, maybe if we were a few players away, or if free agents weren't getting paid so much now.

htismaqe
02-29-2008, 03:14 PM
We have too many wholes to be giving up a lot of money on average talent, maybe if we were a few players away, or if free agents weren't getting paid so much now.

That's how I feel about it too.

stonedstooge
02-29-2008, 03:15 PM
Didn't Einstein Edwards say we were looking to sign some free agents? I think he mentioned types like Jon McGraw? Super Bowl here we come. That's not even beer instead of wine. More like Buckhorn Beer (they still make that stuff?) that used to sell for $1.39 a six pack when I worked at a liquor store back in the 80's.

Chiefs_5627
02-29-2008, 03:16 PM
He was completely mental. If what I heard was true, we didn't have a choice but to get rid of him.

In all honesty i liked the pick when it was made. A little surprised they didnt take Crosby but Medlock was suppose to be the more accurate guy. Oh well. :doh!:

Micjones
02-29-2008, 03:17 PM
And my point is that I haven't seen too many "quality" free agents that have been signed by other teams unless those teams are giving up ALOT to get them...

Ultimately it's the strategy the Chiefs employ that pisses people off.
There are only a couple three transactions I'm disappointed behind.
There is still time... But we can't expect to improve this team if we don't do something.

Sure-Oz
02-29-2008, 03:18 PM

I believe he was a pussy, a little pretty boy that will likely suck wang for a living

Chiefs_5627
02-29-2008, 03:18 PM
Didn't Einstein Edwards say we were looking to sign some free agents? I think he mentioned types like Jon McGraw? Super Bowl here we come. That's not even beer instead of wine. More like Buckhorn Beer (they still make that stuff?) that used to sell for $1.39 a six pack when I worked at a liquor store back in the 80's.

Its day one of FA, A.K.A., The Big Frenzy. After the big dollars are jammed into every joe blow, the guys who are around in the aftermath (the less big names) are the guys theyre looking to.

RustShack
02-29-2008, 03:20 PM
Any word on Bryant Johnson?

htismaqe
02-29-2008, 03:21 PM
Ultimately it's the strategy the Chiefs employ that pisses people off.
There are only a couple three transactions I'm disappointed behind.
There is still time... But we can't expect to improve this team if we don't do something.

I think the problem is that in the past, the Chiefs were either seemingly slacking off or avoiding this period of free agency because they're cheap. This year they're avoiding this period of free agency because it doesn't fit with the way they're wanting to build the team, and I have no problem with that. It's just hard to let go of the past.

htismaqe
02-29-2008, 03:22 PM
I believe he was a pussy, a little pretty boy that will likely suck wang for a living

Um, no.

Chiefs_5627
02-29-2008, 03:22 PM

Havent heard anything yet. Im actually holding out hope we somehow land DJ Hackett, but havent heard squat about him either.

Micjones
02-29-2008, 03:29 PM

Now you're talking!!!

RustShack
02-29-2008, 03:35 PM
Maybe the Chiefs aren't signing anyone because they plan on giving Josh Brown a huge contract, and want to see what they have left after that because they know they have a lot of draft picks to sign(one that will be big money too). They might also be waiting to see how the Jared Allen deal/trade works out to see what else we need. :hmmm:

Bwana
02-29-2008, 03:35 PM
:spock:

Sure-Oz
02-29-2008, 03:40 PM
Now you're talking!!!
per rotoworld.com
Bryant Johnson-WR-Cardinals Feb. 29 - 4:34 pm et

The Bears are working to set up a visit with free agent WR Bryant Johnson.

It'd be Johnson's first visit. He could be in Chicago by early next week. It's no surprise that the overrated wideout isn't being highly sought after.
Source: Chicago Sun Times

also
per rotoworld
Bernard Berrian-WR-Bears Feb. 29 - 4:36 pm et

Free agent Bernard Berrian is reportedly en route to Oakland.

The Vikings couldn't get him signed immediately, not that they're entirely out of the running. Berrian is the deep threat big-armed JaMarcus Russell needs and Al Davis has tons of cap room, even after the Tommy Kelly signing.
Source: Chicago Sun Times

Spott
02-29-2008, 05:43 PM
After all of the big players that could actually make an impact have been signed to other teams, Carl will pursue the leftover has-beens that no one else wants for a bargain price just like he has every other off season.