PDA

View Full Version : Josh Brown expected to sign with STL Rams tonight

CoMoChief
02-29-2008, 05:46 PM
My friend from STL, huge Rams fan just told me he heard it on the radio in STL, so much for that Carl. The third biggest need on this team, we let go to the ****in Rams.

ZootedGranny
02-29-2008, 05:48 PM
Not surprised. With Wilkins retiring, I'm sure they put the full court press on him.

ILChief
02-29-2008, 05:49 PM
My friend from STL, huge Rams fan just told me he heard it on the radio in STL, so much for that Carl. The third biggest need on this team, we let go to the ****in Rams.

Thanks for your support. Remember 2008 Chiefs Season Tickets are on Sale Now!

Sincerely,

Carl D. Peterson
LTGMIPS

unlurking
02-29-2008, 05:50 PM
WTF?!

Have you done ANYTHING but bitch about RUMORS today?

I hate CP as much as the next guy, but get a grip!

BigRock
02-29-2008, 05:56 PM
You mean Medlock wasn't enough for them?

CoMoChief
02-29-2008, 05:57 PM
WTF?!

Have you done ANYTHING but bitch about RUMORS today?

I hate CP as much as the next guy, but get a grip!

or you could just leave, either way is fine with me.

The Franchise
02-29-2008, 05:58 PM
Print em! Shit....wrong team....sorry.

doomy3
02-29-2008, 05:59 PM
OH SHIT!! The Chiefs aren't going to get into a bidding war to make Brown far and away the highest kicker in the NFL!! What are we going to do???

unlurking
02-29-2008, 06:04 PM
or you could just leave, either way is fine with me.

Sorry, I didn't realize you were in cycle. Never mind.

unlurking
02-29-2008, 06:05 PM
OH SHIT!! The Chiefs aren't going to get into a bidding war to make Brown far and away the highest kicker in the NFL!! What are we going to do???

hahahaha

Quote is perfect for your avatar!

DaneMcCloud
02-29-2008, 06:16 PM
I'm sure it's much more appealing for Brown to kick a minimum of eight games indoors each year, as opposed to the inclement weather of Seattle or Kansas City.

Too bad for the Chiefs.

ChiefsCountry
02-29-2008, 06:18 PM
I'm sure it's much more appealing for Brown to kick a minimum of eight games indoors each year, as opposed to the inclement weather of Seattle or Kansas City.

Too bad for the Chiefs.

9 actually - dont forget about playing a game in Arizona as well.

doomy3
02-29-2008, 06:18 PM
There is a reason the Rams are in salary cap trouble. Signing a kicker to be the highest paid in the NFL when your team just went 3-13 might be part of the reason.

Everyone is acting like this is a done deal. Has anyone seen this confirmed?

Delano
02-29-2008, 06:22 PM
Draft a kicker with one of the spare 5th, 6th, or 7th round picks.

Mehlhaff please.

mikey23545
02-29-2008, 06:30 PM

Yes, since Carl has the right of first refusal on any free agent deal in the NFL, he obviously let Brown walk without making him sign.

doomy3
02-29-2008, 06:34 PM
Yes, since Carl has the right of first refusal on any free agent deal in the NFL, he obviously let Brown walk without making him sign.

But he does!!!!

Brock
02-29-2008, 06:34 PM
who gives a shit....

Some people are just in a big hurry to get back to almost good enough.

Micjones
02-29-2008, 06:35 PM
Disappointing, but there is hope.
Another solid Kicker may shake loose...
Cundiff may stay healthy and return to form...
The Draft may present good options...

Brock
02-29-2008, 06:37 PM
They may as well just bring that kid back.

Micjones
02-29-2008, 06:37 PM
who gives a shit....

Some people are just in a big hurry to get back to almost good enough.

Why is this team laying another stink nugget so noble?

We need a quality kicker to be a small part of the rebuilding process.
Is it all that terrible that Chiefs fans want someone who can do the job?
I don't think we need to sell out for Brown, but to pretend that just being terrible for the next 2 years is necessary (when good decision making could turn that around quickly) is silly to me.

doomy3
02-29-2008, 06:43 PM
Why is this team laying another stink nugget so noble?

We need a quality kicker to be a small part of the rebuilding process.
Is it all that terrible that Chiefs fans want someone who can do the job?
I don't think we need to sell out for Brown, but to pretend that just being terrible for the next 2 years is necessary (when good decision making could turn that around quickly) is silly to me.

I don't see anyone saying we NEED to be terrible for the next two years, but to invest a ton of money into a kicker when the rest of the team isn't even close to being ready to compete doesn't make much sense.

Brock
02-29-2008, 06:46 PM
That would make about as much sense as the Dolphins signing Vinatieri

nychief
02-29-2008, 07:16 PM
That would make about as much sense as the Dolphins signing Vinatieri

I totally disagree... our offense is terrible we need a good field goal kicker just to stay competitive. How many games did we lose last year by 3 pts?

doomy3
02-29-2008, 07:19 PM
I totally disagree... our offense is terrible we need a good field goal kicker just to stay competitive. How many games did we lose last year by 3 pts?

Is that what you're going for? Just to be competitive? In that case, yes we should pay Josh Brown as much as it takes, and we also should have signed Isaac Bruce too.

Rain Man
02-29-2008, 07:22 PM
I'm surprised he would sign with the Rams and give up a shot at a Super Bowl with the Chiefs.

nychief
02-29-2008, 07:29 PM
Is that what you're going for? Just to be competitive? In that case, yes we should pay Josh Brown as much as it takes, and we also should have signed Isaac Bruce too.

Honestly, did watch our kickers last year? It was a joke. You wanna see John Carney or Billy Cundif shanking 40 yards for 16 games next season? Kickers don't make that much money - hell vinitari only makes 2.4 a year... this is nothing. I just think that with the conservative offense that we are bound to have - we can't leave points on the field with shoddy kicking.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-29-2008, 07:40 PM

Too bad for the Chiefs.

The Seahawks already offered to make him the highest paid kicker in the league. He declined. Wants to be closer to his Oklahoma home. St. Louis has first hand experience with Josh Brown. He nailed a 54 yd fg in their coffin last year in St. Louis. I expected them to make a big push. Unless news has come down today that I haven't heard, I think KC has a real good shot at signing him if they're willing to pay him. We're as close as he's gonna get to OK unless he picks up a basketball and signs with the Sonics.

doomy3
02-29-2008, 07:41 PM
Honestly, did watch our kickers last year? It was a joke. You wanna see John Carney or Billy Cundif shanking 40 yards for 16 games next season? Kickers don't make that much money - hell vinitari only makes 2.4 a year... this is nothing. I just think that with the conservative offense that we are bound to have - we can't leave points on the field with shoddy kicking.

So, again, is your goal to be competitive?

We are in no position to compete. Brown will probably get 3 MIL a year. He will be the highest paid kicker in the league. Is that money well spent?

BigRock
02-29-2008, 07:42 PM
There's a rumor that the Rams posted the signing around 5, but then pulled it back because Brown is talking to another team (us) before he makes it official. Don't know how true it is that we jumped into the mix, but it seems definite that the Rams did announce it and then pull it back.

ChiefsCountry
02-29-2008, 07:44 PM
The Seahawks already offered to make him the highest paid kicker in the league. He declined. Wants to be closer to his Oklahoma home. St. Louis has first hand experience with Josh Brown. He nailed a 54 yd fg in their coffin last year in St. Louis. I expected them to make a big push. Unless news has come down today that I haven't heard, I think KC has a real good shot at signing him if they're willing to pay him. We're as close as he's gonna get to OK unless he picks up a basketball and signs with the Sonics.

St. Louis isnt that much farther than KC from Oklahoma.

nychief
02-29-2008, 07:45 PM
So, again, is your goal to be competitive?

We are in no position to compete. Brown will probably get 3 MIL a year. He will be the highest paid kicker in the league. Is that money well spent?

what is your point? That our goal should be to not hit field goals? We should strive not to be competitive? If we pay a kicker who hits field goals with more regularity than the THREE guys that we employed this past season, then yes..it's money well spent. It is a drop in the bucket compared to other positions, and they have an impact on the game.

Mr. Flopnuts
02-29-2008, 07:47 PM
what is your point? That our goal should be to not hit field goals? We should strive not to be competitive? If we pay a kicker who hits field goals with more regularity than the THREE guys that we employed this past season, then yes..it's money well spent. It is a drop in the bucket compared to other positions, and they have an impact on the game.

Common sense. The guy has 10 years left in him, and even if he's the highest paid kicker in the league, he's still a kicker. It would virtually not impact our cap. We pay 3rd string lineman that kind of scratch. (Don't ask for an example, it's sarcasm)

OnTheWarpath15
02-29-2008, 10:17 PM
It's official:

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/stories.nsf/rams/story/BE9430A652FABEFD862573FE0061BBF1?OpenDocument

melbar
02-29-2008, 10:50 PM
I would like to be competitive... That is all.

Ultra Peanut
02-29-2008, 10:55 PM
We're dooooomed.

dj56dt58
02-29-2008, 11:51 PM
People are acting like just because we sucked last year we are going to suck this year. I've seen plenty of teams turn it around in one season..why couldn't it be different with us? We have young players who are getting experience, and if we could add a couple of vets at positions of need..we could absolutely turn it around next season

The Franchise
02-29-2008, 11:55 PM
People are acting like just because we sucked last year we are going to suck this year. I've seen plenty of teams turn it around in one season..why couldn't it be different with us? We have young players who are getting experience, and if we could add a couple of vets at positions of need..we could absolutely turn it around next season

We currently have like 20 people on our team.

dj56dt58
02-29-2008, 11:57 PM
We currently have like 20 people on our team.

so we should probably sign a fa or too dont ya think?

Wilson8
03-01-2008, 02:12 AM
Free agent Josh Brown has agreed to a five-year, $14.2 million contract that will make him the highest-paid kicker in NFL history.
http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=366574

Mecca
03-01-2008, 02:21 AM

Have you looked at the talent level of this team....

htismaqe
03-01-2008, 07:22 AM
5 year deal, big money, 8 home games in a dome.

Like he was ever considering KC. Get over it.

the Talking Can
03-01-2008, 07:26 AM

Carl's force is still strong.

the Talking Can
03-01-2008, 07:28 AM
5 year deal, big money, 8 home games in a dome.

Like he was ever considering KC. Get over it.

i think people are underestimating how unattractive this franchise is right now....Carl and Gun are clowns, Herm is one more bad season away from being canned...worst O in league...no proven QB

we'd have to pay a premium to get some of these guys, imo....

Skip Towne
03-01-2008, 07:38 AM
i think people are underestimating how unattractive this franchise is right now....Carl and Gun are clowns, Herm is one more bad season away from being canned...worst O in league...no proven QB

Yep. Sucking sucks.

htismaqe
03-01-2008, 07:43 AM

Sure.

Even then, there's plenty of reasons for Brown to go to St Louis that make it more attractive than KC, regardless of how unattractive KC is.

raybec 4
03-01-2008, 08:02 AM

Bob Gretz..Is that you??

BigChiefFan
03-01-2008, 09:14 AM
Cundiff better turn it up, because he's about the best we can do now. Yippie, the Chiefs are stellar.

wazu
03-01-2008, 09:43 AM
Just when I think the Chiefs front office can't possibly be any more incompetent, they go and let the only good free agent kicker who is also young sign with the Rams...AND TOTALLY REDEEM THEMSELVES!

Sure-Oz
03-01-2008, 09:45 AM
We're the david glass royals now pre moore

wazu
03-01-2008, 09:51 AM

Then pay it. At least for a kicker.

FAX
03-01-2008, 09:54 AM
If, in fact, Carl and Herm are sitting on their asses in FA, I hope Clark Hunt walks into their offices unannounced and sees them playing minesweeper.

FAX

htismaqe
03-01-2008, 10:01 AM
ROFL

Melting down over Josh Freaking Brown.

Priceless.

Sure-Oz
03-01-2008, 10:24 AM
ROFL

Priceless.

He would've been our Peyton Manning

wazu
03-01-2008, 10:39 AM
ROFL

Priceless.

You're right. It's stupid. Kickers don't matter.

wazu
03-01-2008, 10:55 AM
BTW, Josh Brown hit 100% of field goals under 40 yards last year. We missed four of those, which was worst in the NFL.

htismaqe
03-01-2008, 11:01 AM
You're right. It's stupid. Kickers don't matter.

As if that's even remotely close to what I said...

:shake:

Brock
03-01-2008, 11:04 AM
"We want to be competitive and get back to 8-8 as quick as possible".

Jesus.

htismaqe
03-01-2008, 11:14 AM
"We want to be competitive and get back to 8-8 as quick as possible".

Jesus.

That's exactly what all of these threads sound like to me. Maybe I'm just hyper-jaded.

melbar
03-01-2008, 11:39 AM
I believe we will have to pass Competitive-ville on the way to Playoff-caliberberg...

We're currently sitting at a truckstop outside of Crappy Springs sipping coffee...:ZZZ:

evidently decaf...

FloridaMan88
03-01-2008, 03:52 PM
This doesn't piss me off as much as the Chiefs being completely outhustled for Jeff Faine.