PDA

View Full Version : And the Jets prove why they're awesome.

Direckshun
02-29-2008, 06:48 PM
The Jets just traded a 3rd and a 5th to the Panthers for DT Kris Jenkins, a guy with an injury history who weighed in 50 pounds over weight last year.

I was pushing hard for the Chiefs to trade for this guy straight-up for Dante Hall (after reading that was the offer Carl made), and I thought we ended up getting a good deal out of not dealing.

Then the Jets track him down, a year later, after the injury and 50 lbs over weight, and throw a high pick and a midrounder for him.

Cracks me up. The Jets are going nowhere.

Brock
02-29-2008, 06:49 PM
That and trading away their best player period.

Direckshun
02-29-2008, 06:58 PM
Not to mention Revis hasn't panned out like they had hoped and they burnt a #2 overall a couple years ago on a on-again, off-again LT.

Just a great organization, altogether.

HolmeZz
02-29-2008, 07:00 PM
Revis is pretty good. I have more questions about D'Brickashaw.

ChiefsCountry
02-29-2008, 07:14 PM
But I thought Herm ruined them.

DaneMcCloud
02-29-2008, 07:27 PM
WPI says Faneca agrees with Jets.

Mecca
02-29-2008, 07:29 PM

Switching to a 3-4 basically made Vilma useless.....

And no matter what they had to have a NT, even if Jenkins is overweight in their defense he's asked to do different things.

Buehler445
02-29-2008, 07:30 PM
Sweet! Its at least arguable that we're not the dumbest team in the AFC.

pikesome
02-29-2008, 07:42 PM
Sweet! Its at least arguable that we're not the dumbest team in the AFC.

As long as Al Davis lives I think we're safe. It's nice to know the Jets are trying though.

Halfcan
02-29-2008, 08:03 PM
How are the Jets going to draft the next Blair Thomas if they trade away all their picks?

03-01-2008, 07:38 AM
Not to mention Revis hasn't panned out like they had hoped and they burnt a #2 overall a couple years ago on a on-again, off-again LT.

Just a great organization, altogether.

I like the Jenkins trade. Oh, and Revis hasn't panned out? :spock: he played great as the season went on without a pass rush.

Vilma was a human pinata in the 3-4. anybody who thinks he's the Jets best player is crazy. the Jets get a 4th for him this year, and if he plays well this year and resigns with New Orleans next year they give NO a 4th round pick and get a 2nd round pick in return. it's a good trade for someone in the last year of his rookie contract that was a human pinata in the 3-4 defense.

You should focus more on the Chiefs ;)

OnTheWarpath15
03-01-2008, 07:41 AM
I like the Jenkins trade. Oh, and Revis hasn't panned out? :spock: he played great as the season went on without a pass rush.

Vilma was a human pinata in the 3-4. anybody who thinks he's the Jets best player is crazy. the Jets get a 4th for him this year, and if he plays well this year and resigns with New Orleans next year they give NO a 4th round pick and get a 2nd round pick in return. it's a good trade for someone in the last year of his rookie contract that was a human pinata in the 3-4 defense.

You should focus more on the Chiefs ;)

I agree on both points on Revis and Vilma.

What I find retarded, however, is that there's this push to play 3-4, when doing so neutralizes your best players. Not many players are going to look good when they are being forced into playing a scheme they don't fit.

Chiefnj2
03-01-2008, 07:49 AM
... and the Jets still beat KC last year.

03-01-2008, 08:00 AM
I agree on both points on Revis and Vilma.

What I find retarded, however, is that there's this push to play 3-4, when doing so neutralizes your best players. Not many players are going to look good when they are being forced into playing a scheme they don't fit.

I agree with that too, it is retarded. Mangini has been really stubborn when it comes to playing that 3-4. especially since the Jets had no nose tackle to play it with.