PDA

View Full Version : Apparently we tried to trade Wesley to the Broncos - again

OnTheWarpath15
03-02-2008, 03:43 PM
Per Rotoworld:

The Chiefs have offered to send backup S Greg Wesley to the Broncos in exchange for restricted free agent CB Karl Paymah.
Paymah got the low tender from Denver and will make $927,000 in 2008. Wesley's base salary is $2.8 million. Paymah is 25. Wesley is 30 in March. The Broncos smartly turned down the proposal despite their safety need.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

evolve27
03-02-2008, 03:50 PM
Are we allowed to propose a tender higher than the Donks did? Then release Wesley. I think this kid's potential has sparked an interest in Herms eye.

DaneMcCloud
03-02-2008, 03:52 PM
Are we allowed to propose a tender higher than the Donks did? Then release Wesley. I think this kid's potential has sparked an interest in Herms eye.

I don't think this has anything to do with Herm.

I think it's David Gibbs pressing the issue.

OnTheWarpath15
03-02-2008, 03:55 PM

IIRC, the compensation for a low-tender RFA is a draft pick in the same round that the player in question was picked in.

So in this case, a 3rd.

We could sign Paymah to an offer sheet, and the Broncos would have the option to match the offer and retain him, or lose him and collect a 3rd round pick from us as compensation.

evolve27
03-02-2008, 03:57 PM
IIRC, the compensation for a low-tender RFA is a draft pick in the same round that the player in question was picked in.

So in this case, a 3rd.

We could sign Paymah to an offer sheet, and the Broncos would have the option to match the offer and retain him, or lose him and collect a 3rd round pick from us as compensation.

Interesting, thanks.

OnTheWarpath15
03-02-2008, 04:00 PM
Interesting, thanks.

No problem - I believe that's correct.

If not, someone will correct me.

Zouk
03-02-2008, 04:00 PM
I don't think this has anything to do with Herm.

I think it's David Gibbs pressing the issue.

It might be, but Gibbs left Denver in 04 and Paymah was drafted in 2005. I think it's just them trying to get anything productive for Wesley more than anything else.

Rain Man
03-02-2008, 04:30 PM
Wesley for Paymah? They really are writing off the season, aren't they?