PDA

View Full Version : Car Alarms? Know anything about them or know someone who installs them?

BigRedChief
03-02-2008, 07:20 PM
Need to put an alarm system on my 2005 Mustang. It has a keyless entry and remote with a panic alarm. But I need an alarm that will go off is someone trys to steal it or break into it.

You know someone? Who installs these besides overpriced dealers?

kstater
03-02-2008, 07:25 PM
Just hire someone to stand next to it and randomly scream obscenities. Will deter theft as much as an alarm will.

rad
03-02-2008, 07:31 PM
Cheapskates Unite!!!!

Al Bundy
03-02-2008, 07:32 PM
National Auto Sound on 40 Highway did both of mine and one has worked perfectly for 4 years and the other has been great for over a year.

BigRedChief
03-02-2008, 08:40 PM
National Auto Sound on 40 Highway did both of mine and one has worked perfectly for 4 years and the other has been great for over a year.
Thanks. Rep for the lead

MIAdragon
03-02-2008, 08:45 PM
I have a clifford in my 05 GT.

BigRedChief
03-02-2008, 08:47 PM

I have a clifford in my 05 GT.
Clifford?

Rain Man
03-02-2008, 09:05 PM
Clifford?

I think it's a red watchdog.

Seriously, why do you want an alarm system? I documented in another thread about a month ago that there's only been one instance of an alarm working properly in the entire history of the world.

morphius
03-02-2008, 09:08 PM

Seriously, why do you want an alarm system? I documented in another thread about a month ago that there's only been one instance of an alarm working properly in the entire history of the world.
He is trying to annoy some neighbors.

MIAdragon
03-02-2008, 09:22 PM
Clifford?

http://www.clifford.com/

MIAdragon
03-02-2008, 09:44 PM

Haha that is somewhat true. The thing you need to ask yourself is how much your car is worth to you. I have WAY too much into my car to let some scumbag steal it so I picked up the best. I have the Matrix 12.5X If there any problems with the car it send me a message though the remote. I also have a GPS tracking system that allows me to "see" where its located at any time.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

BigRedChief
03-02-2008, 10:38 PM

I'm moving to St. Louis for a job during the week and the apt. complex I will live in during the week is right next door to a middle school.

It's a good neighboorhood but junior high kids have some impulsive hijinks genes that might kick in when they see a bright red mustang with the exterior sports package, leather interior, 500 watt stero etc in the parking lot next door.

Since its temp housing I don't care about my neighbors being woken up by a false alarm.:)

BigRedChief
03-03-2008, 06:41 PM
Went and got the alarm installed today. Fast installation. Good service. About 1/2 the price the dealer wanted to install the same set up.

Defintely a good place. I'd recommend them too.:thumb:

Bob Dole
03-03-2008, 06:58 PM
Can anyone recommend a good proximity alarm? (Preferably one that allows custom voice warnings before going off.)

Bugeater
03-03-2008, 07:33 PM
Can anyone recommend a good proximity alarm? (Preferably one that allows custom voice warnings before going off.)
I'm sure if you just give that homeless guy a sandwich or something he'll stop touching your motorcycle.