eazyb81
03-04-2008, 08:36 AM
just broke on Mike & Mike....

dirk digler
03-04-2008, 08:39 AM
Wow I am shocked. I figured he would come back this year

cadmonkey
03-04-2008, 08:40 AM
Is this the same report that was on Green Bay's own website last weekend?

foxman
03-04-2008, 08:45 AM
Here is a link:

Favre (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7870944/Favre-has-decided-to-call-it-a-career)

JBucc
03-04-2008, 08:50 AM
All time leader in..........just about everything right? I'm glad he had a good year so he can go off on a good note.

Eleazar
03-04-2008, 08:58 AM
ESPN will have to find something else to cover during the offseason

StcChief
03-04-2008, 09:02 AM
as Da Bears say "Finally"

StcChief
03-04-2008, 09:03 AM
as Da Bears say "Finally"

BigChiefFan
03-04-2008, 09:07 AM
Great player and great for the game. Good luck in your retirement, Favre.

Brock
03-04-2008, 09:09 AM
He wants to go out the same way he came in, throwing boneheaded interceptions.

dirk digler
03-04-2008, 09:12 AM
I found this interesting

Mortensen reported that Favre, who wanted the Packers to obtain Randy Moss (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=4262) when he was a free agent last season, had once again pushed for Moss to join the Packers. Favre had spoken to Moss late last week and was willing to commit to more than just this season if Moss and the Packers could come to an agreement. But the Packers did not pursue Moss, who re-signed with the Patriots on Monday.

bkkcoh
03-04-2008, 09:20 AM
Who is Madden going to have a woodie for next year if he stays retired. :banghead:

The Rick
03-04-2008, 09:20 AM
Yep, big news on the radio here in Milwaukee. Heard it this morning on my way in to work. People are stunned, everyone thought he'd be back at least one more year given the season they had last year.

BigChiefFan
03-04-2008, 09:21 AM
Who is Madden going to have a woodie for next year if he stays retired. :banghead:Al Davis.

Valiant
03-04-2008, 09:23 AM
Farve was too one-dimensional, all he could do was throw the ball.. Could not run as easy, he should have to sit out for a few extra years to get into the Hall like the other one-dimensional players.. D.T.

Eleazar
03-04-2008, 09:24 AM
He wants to go out the same way he came in, throwing boneheaded interceptions.

ROFL

OnTheWarpath15
Wow.

Can't believe that he leaves with his last pass being picked off, giving Tynes a third chance at a game winner.

I could give a shit what the haters say, the game will miss Brett Favre. How much more fun would this league be to watch if more players played with the passion Brett did.

Next stop, Canton - 2012

cadmonkey
Greenie has been killing Favre recently on the show saying that Favre's wait to make a decision year in and year out straps the Packers in their offseason plans and that the media has given him a free pass on it. Greenie's been going off, which is pretty rare for that show. They usually stay away from getting too fired up.

FINALLY!!!! BRETT, GO THE F*CK AWAY YOU SELFISH PRICK!

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-04-2008, 09:28 AM
When you think he's going he stays and when you think he's staying he leaves.

Fish
03-04-2008, 09:28 AM
Wow.

Can't believe that he leaves with his last pass being picked off, giving Tynes a third chance at a game winner.

I could give a shit what the haters say, the game will miss Brett Favre. How much more fun would this league be to watch if more players played with the passion Brett did.

Next stop, Canton - 2012

QFT

Sure-Oz
03-04-2008, 09:54 AM
Shocking, i thought he could easily play another 2 or 3 years....too bad, they had an awesome run last year too

RealSNR
03-04-2008, 09:55 AM
Do some of you morons hate Favre or what? The breaks all the QB records in everything and you say, "good riddance."

What a classless and deranged fanbase.

Sure-Oz
03-04-2008, 09:57 AM
Do some of you morons hate Favre or what? The breaks all the QB records in everything and you say, "good riddance."

What a classless and deranged fanbase.

Only idiots hate favre, how could you dislike a guy with that passion?? Hell of a player.

ROYC75
03-04-2008, 10:02 AM
WOW, didn't see that one coming ....... :eek:

jspchief
03-04-2008, 10:09 AM
Out of all the "great" QBs of my lifetime, he's the only one I ever liked. The term "gamer" goes hand in hand with Favre.

I'm glad for having the chance to watch him play, and I'm glad he got to go out on a high note even if the last game was a loss.

Adept Havelock
03-04-2008, 10:12 AM

Next stop, Canton - 2012

QFT. Thanks for the memories, Brett.

smittysbar
03-04-2008, 10:21 AM
Greenie has been killing Favre recently on the show saying that Favre's wait to make a decision year in and year out straps the Packers in their offseason plans and that the media has given him a free pass on it. Greenie's been going off, which is pretty rare for that show. They usually stay away from getting too fired up.

Or you could just go away.

Only if half the players in the league had half the heart of this "SELFISH PRICK"

Obviously you are a ****ING STUPID PRICK

ChiefsCountry
03-04-2008, 10:31 AM
Glad I got to see Favre play at Arrowhead. He was my favorite player not on a Chiefs roster. Just loved to watch him play, would have loved for him to be a Chief. A gamer and legend, will miss you Brett great career.

melbar
03-04-2008, 10:33 AM
Favorite player from another team. Love his passion attitude and personality. The king of intangables. Tough as nails.

Eleazar
03-04-2008, 10:41 AM
http://blogs.phillyburbs.com/blog.php/?p=21888&cat=187

The book - cowritten by me and Sal Paolantonio - is The Most Overrated and Underrated Players, Coaches, Moments and Teams in NFL History, published by Triumph Books, and Favre today - like Romo last week - lived up to his billing as one of the most overrated quarterbacks in NFL history.

Maybe Favre’s latest choke job will shut up all the TV analysts and so-called experts who foam at the mouth every time Favre goes into his good-ol’-boy act. The truth is, Favre over the past decade has been a mediocre quarterback at best. He’s now 3-7 in his last 10 postseason games . In other words, Eli Manning has won as many playoff games in the last 22 days as the immortal Brett Favre has won in the last 10 years.

Yes, Favre won a Super Bowl 11 years ago. Good for him. But while his career arc has spiraled downward, the sickening fawning over this guy has only gotten worse. Favre has thrown two of the worst playoff interceptions I’ve ever seen - Brian Dawkins in overtime against the Eagles in the 4th-and-26 game in 2003 and tonight against the Giants. There was a time the Packers never lost in the playoffs at home. They were 13-0 in home playoff games at one point, but Favre has now lost at home to Michael Vick, Daunte Culpepper and Eli Manning, losing three of his last five home playoff games.

Favre in his last nine playoff games has thrown 16 touchdowns and 18 interceptions in those nine games. Are these the numbers of a superstar? Are these the numbers of a legend? Are these numbers worthy of the over-the-top worship this guy gets? No way. Favre had his day. He was a great quarterback once upon a time, but he hasn’t been for a decade. Great quarterbacks don’t keep throwing terrible overtime interceptions in the playoffs. He’s still effective, he’s still good enough to win, but considering the way he’s spoken of like a football God, he’d have to win 20 Super Bowls to live up to that. He’s 19 short.

Not implying my agreement with all of this, just thought it was interesting. he's a fine QB, but I don't think he deserves mention as the best ever.

Bweb
03-04-2008, 10:43 AM
Loved watching Farve play (always wished he was a chief). Glad he choose to go out now and not risk going out after a bad season or a bad injury.

InChiefsHeaven
03-04-2008, 10:50 AM
Good luck Brett! F-off to the haterz!

mikey23545
03-04-2008, 11:15 AM

I hope you realize you just got stupid all over yourself.

blueballs
03-04-2008, 11:32 AM
It's time - 18 years is enough

Deberg_1990
03-04-2008, 11:36 AM
Always loved him. I fell in love with him back in 92 with that infectious spirit of his when he came in to replace Majekowski.

Long live Brett Favre. He will be hard to replace.

Sure-Oz
03-04-2008, 11:38 AM
It's time - 18 years is enough

Not when you are still playing at a high level, atleast show a sign of suckage before you retire, he couldve made 20

blueballs
03-04-2008, 11:40 AM
Let the team move on

smittysbar
03-04-2008, 12:08 PM
Let the team move on

Yeah I'm sure the team is thinking "thank god" :rolleyes:

this team was close, this is a set back

blueballs
03-04-2008, 12:11 PM
Yeah I'm sure the team is thinking "thank god" :rolleyes:

this team was close, this is a set back

Look at the money Carl Peterson has made the Hunts
18 years is too much of any NFL employee

teedubya
03-04-2008, 12:19 PM
In other news, Aaron Rodgers says, "It's about ****ing time, seriously."

I liked Favre. His passion is unmatched. He will be missed... just not by Aaron Rodgers.

chasedude
03-04-2008, 12:29 PM
Loved watching Farve play (always wished he was a chief). Glad he choose to go out now and not risk going out after a bad season or a bad injury.

Agreed, I always thought he'd be great in Red! Way to end the season on a decent note.

greg63
03-04-2008, 12:30 PM
...Always liked Favre, except when he played the Chiefs; a class act for sure and can't blame him for hangin the pads up. He has nothing left to prove.

Thig Lyfe
03-04-2008, 12:47 PM
I'll miss Favre a lot. Now I really wish he had won the Super Bowl.

cadmonkey
03-04-2008, 12:50 PM
If Favre goes to the broadcast booth or becomes an analyst, he needs to wait at least 3 years before doing so before I would ever be able to stomach it.

jspchief
03-04-2008, 12:55 PM
Brett Favre is a Douchebag (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=147498)

Munson
03-04-2008, 01:07 PM
Now I won't be able to watch ESPN for about a week. Its gonna be a Brett Favre lovefest.

Buehler445
03-04-2008, 01:32 PM
Damn. Wish he could have been a chief.

Sure-Oz
03-04-2008, 01:34 PM
Brett Favre is a Douchebag (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=147498)

classic

kcxiv
03-04-2008, 02:38 PM
Going to give it up to one of the greats. I absolutely loved the way this guy played football. From his first year until his 17th year he played the game as if it was a pop warner game. He truly enjoyed the game of football. For me this is kinda sad, because this is the end of an era.

Thx for the memories Brett.

kcxiv
03-04-2008, 02:39 PM
Now I won't be able to watch ESPN for about a week. Its gonna be a Brett Favre lovefest.

Gives me a reason to watch it for a week. Paying tribute to one of my favorite all time players.

Sure-Oz
03-04-2008, 02:41 PM
i'd rather watch favre then them stroking brady, of course that all died after they blew the SB haha

Bwana
03-04-2008, 05:26 PM
I wish Farve the best of luck in his post football career. Brett was one of my favorite players of all time. The guy had guts, heart, determination and what I loved about him most, was the fact that Favre was a refreshing change from the average knuckle dragging, money grubber, that is the majority of today’s NFL stars. The game of football and the attitudes of the players has changed a great deal in the last 16 years, and even with those changes, Farve remained a constant reminder of why I have enjoyed the game so much and why I started watching in the first place. He always seemed like a kid in a candy store when he played and always gave his team, the fans and the game of football 100%.

So long Brett, Good Luck and thanks for all the great memories!

Deberg_1990
03-04-2008, 06:26 PM
I cant get enough of this play. Ill miss this sort of stuff..

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5mnVbKxLnGc"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5mnVbKxLnGc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

stonedstooge
03-04-2008, 06:36 PM
I hate to see Brett quit. It makes me feel old. Having shared so many years watching him play like we did when we were kids. Playing for the sheer joy of playing.

And his game at Oakland I will never ever forget. You have to have lost your Dad to understand. After his performance and they took him out I was in tears as I watched him slowly become human again and you could actually see the weight on his shoulders start to take him down. To me that will probably be the one football game I will remember the rest of my life. Doing something in honor of his Dad and doing it at such a high level. The script couldn't have been written any better.

Good luck Brett. I hope you inspired a new group of kids that play for the fun of the game. You made football a joy to watch with your style and appreciation of getting to play. More players like you would make the game much more enjoyable and fun to watch.

beach tribe
03-04-2008, 08:45 PM
Farve was too one-dimensional, all he could do was throw the ball.. Could not run as easy, he should have to sit out for a few extra years to get into the Hall like the other one-dimensional players.. D.T.
:rolleyes: