PDA

View Full Version : And the winner of the most overpaid player in the NFL goes to...

T-post Tom
03-06-2008, 03:50 PM
Raiders | More on J. Walker's contract
Thu, 6 Mar 2008 10:50:28 -0800

Jerry McDonald, of the Contra Costa Times, reports the Oakland Raiders signed free-agent WR Javon Walker (Broncos) to a six-year deal worth $55 million Tuesday, March 4. Walker received an $11 million signing bonus, with salaries of $4 million in 2009, $6 million in 2010, $8 million in 2011 and $10 million in 2012 and 2013.

CoMoChief
03-06-2008, 05:19 PM
Raiders | More on J. Walker's contract
Thu, 6 Mar 2008 10:50:28 -0800

Jerry McDonald, of the Contra Costa Times, reports the Oakland Raiders signed free-agent WR Javon Walker (Broncos) to a six-year deal worth $55 million Tuesday, March 4. Walker received an $11 million signing bonus, with salaries of $4 million in 2009, $6 million in 2010, $8 million in 2011 and $10 million in 2012 and 2013.

ROFL

God, the Raiders are so ****ing stupid.

CupidStunt
03-06-2008, 05:21 PM
There are a lot worse. At least Walker might be good.

Kwame Brown and Tommy Kelly are both more overpaid than Walker.

Halfcan
03-06-2008, 05:58 PM
faders are funny

DaFace
03-06-2008, 06:00 PM
He's not worth near that much, but I do somewhat fear the possibilities of a Russel/Walker team these coming years. It'll be interesting to see if the two of them can get things together.

Halfcan
03-06-2008, 06:02 PM
He's not worth near that much, but I do somewhat fear the possibilities of a Russel/Walker team these coming years. It'll be interesting to see if the two of them can get things together.

No strip club or crack house will be safe with those two in Fader land.

CupidStunt
03-06-2008, 06:03 PM

They'll get it going against the Chiefs, at least. Josh McCown throwing to Ronald Curry and Jerry Porter clowned us, I shouldn't think Russell will have any problems finding Walker deep for a couple of long touchdowns.

tmax63
03-06-2008, 06:07 PM
Twice what Moss got from the Patriots and he didn't have half the year.

Coach
03-06-2008, 06:11 PM
Twice what Moss got from the Patriots and he didn't have half the year.

There you go. That's the problem with this so-called "Market" value of the players. If this was Randy Moss getting that much, I could possibly see that, say from Philly or Washington, since Moss had good numbers (Most of the could be contributed to NE's O-Line and their QB)

But Walker? Come on, this is terrible move, but only the Raiders would make dumb moves like that, naturally.

veist
03-06-2008, 06:28 PM
Its ridiculous the Raiders have given out $50Mil in guaranteed money to three guys that aren't even top5 at their position. Couple in the money they gave Fargas and the Kwame Brown signing and its like they wanted to prove that the corpse of Al Davis is even dumber than Dan Snyder. As a spectator I love it, its like a slow motion train wreck.

chagrin
03-07-2008, 06:48 AM
didn't we already do this?

Mecca
03-07-2008, 07:41 AM
No strip club or crack house will be safe with those two in Fader land.

What kinda comment is that.......did they magically become bad people somewhere?

Anyway this is life working in a mysterious way for Javon Walker. A few years ago he missed out on his big contract by reporting from his holdout when he probably shouldn't have due to Favre comments and general pressure.....he then blew out his knee and blew a shot at a big deal..

I guess karma rewarded him the contract he should have gotten before.

Deberg_1990
03-07-2008, 08:14 AM
Al Davis never met a big play reciever he couldnt reisist. Hes done this sort of thing forever.

Coach
03-07-2008, 12:50 PM
What kinda comment is that.......did they magically become bad people somewhere?

Anyway this is life working in a mysterious way for Javon Walker. A few years ago he missed out on his big contract by reporting from his holdout when he probably shouldn't have due to Favre comments and general pressure.....he then blew out his knee and blew a shot at a big deal..

I guess karma rewarded him the contract he should have gotten before.

Problem is, he hasn't done anything worthy to earn that type of a contract. That's what the problem is.

Only the Raiders would do something stupid as this. Yet they wonder why they're 4-12 year in and out.