PDA

View Full Version : "Pacman: I'm changed, ready to play"

MIAdragon
03-07-2008, 06:55 AM
Pacman: I'm changed, ready to play

Suspended Titans CB still interested in going to Dallas

ATLANTA (AP) -- Suspended Tennessee Titans (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/teams/titans) cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones says he has changed the way he conducts himself in public and is ready to play football again. When and where he will play is still uncertain. Jones appeared as a guest Thursday on WCNN-AM "The Fan," in Atlanta and said he is still interested in playing for the Dallas Cowboys (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/teams/cowboys). The Titans met with Jones' agents in January and the team is expected to try and trade the cornerback once he is reinstated, which may not be until training camps open in July. Jones was asked questions about his frequent visits to strip clubs and run-ins with the law. He also discussed horses, bowling and his friendship with Tennessee neighbor and country music legend George Jones (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/players/4005).

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/nfl/03/06/bc.fbn.titans.pacman.ap/

Please go to Dallas. :(

Skip Towne
03-07-2008, 07:02 AM
Please go to hell.

mikey23545
03-07-2008, 07:10 AM
Pacman: I'm changed, ready to play

Suspended Titans CB still interested in going to Dallas

ATLANTA (AP) -- Suspended Tennessee Titans (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/teams/titans) cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones says he has changed the way he conducts himself in public and is ready to play football again.

Translation: "I'm broke."

MIAdragon
03-07-2008, 07:14 AM
I like how he hasn’t "changed" he just alters how he conducts himself in public. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

siberian khatru
03-07-2008, 07:24 AM
Uh-huh.

Mecca
03-07-2008, 07:33 AM
Ah well he has to get another chance at some point, Ray Lewis still plays in the league right?

suds79
03-07-2008, 08:00 AM
Ah well he has to get another chance at some point, Ray Lewis still plays in the league right?

Wouldn't this be his 3rd or 4th chance?

Seemed like the guy for a while there was involved in some strip club shoot up every week.

This guy will never succeed because he's a complete thug/loser.

Deberg_1990
03-07-2008, 08:00 AM
cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones says he has changed the way he conducts himself in public and is ready to play football again.

Translation: "Let me play again or Ill smoke all you M*therF*ckers!!"

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-07-2008, 08:24 AM
I don't care if he's a murder, animal abuser, drug pusher, rapist. He's a playmaker and better than anything we got. sign him!!!!!!

R&GHomer
03-07-2008, 09:32 AM
I don't care if he's a murder, animal abuser, drug pusher, rapist. He's a playmaker and better than anything we got. sign him!!!!!!

:spock: **** that! That guy is a complete pile of shit. I don't care how good he is, he doesn't deserve another shot, in fact the only shot he deserves is in a drive by.

TrebMaxx
03-07-2008, 09:38 AM
Make it rain!

chasedude
03-07-2008, 09:50 AM

I'd expect a Faider Fan to say this, not a Chiefs fan ROFL

Pierce
03-07-2008, 10:58 AM
Come on, we know why he's doing this...

He's got no money left. He wants/needs more.

Duck Dog
03-07-2008, 11:06 AM
acman" Jones says he has changed the way he conducts himself in public

This statement still allows him to beat the shit of strippers in private.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-07-2008, 11:45 AM
I'd expect a Faider Fan to say this, not a Chiefs fan ROFL

Hell, I'm desperate, what can I say. At least the Raiders get to the SB every once in a while.

blueballs
03-07-2008, 11:48 AM
If a franchise takes a chance on him
and he gets someone killed in strip club
is that team liable

Frazod
03-07-2008, 12:03 PM
Where are the guys who whacked Tupoc when you need 'em. :bang:

teedubya
03-07-2008, 12:03 PM
http://usversusthem.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/pacman-arrested.jpg

kcxiv
03-07-2008, 01:15 PM
Where are the guys who whacked Tupoc when you need 'em. :bang:

ask biggie.

melbar
03-07-2008, 02:04 PM
Maybe George Jones will sign! Little possum power couldnt hurt.

blackhawk
03-07-2008, 02:25 PM
Former Bengal: Chad Johnson punched Marvin Lewis in the eye!
Remember a couple years ago, at halftime of a Bengals vs. Steelers playoff game, rumors spread that there was a violent incident between Chad Johnson and one or two Bengals coaches at halftime?

Pro Football Talk (or, as they're known in the mainstream media, "internet reports") reported at the time that Chad Johnson took a swing at Marvin Lewis. Boomer Esiason said he heard something similar, but Johnson, Lewis, and everyone else involved denied it.

And now, Shaun Smith, currently a defensive tackle with the Browns, and former occupant of the same position with the Bengals, says that the punch did happen.

PFT had a YouTube video of the interview that's since been taken down. Fortunately, they did jot down some quotes before it magically disappeared. Here's what Smith said of Johnson:

“He swung on Marvin. . . . [Johnson] shattered the training room glass. . . . He swung on Marvin [and] hit Marvin in the eye. . . . Then he tried to swing on wide receivers coach Hue Jackson, who’s now in Baltimore.”
My goodness.

I don't know what reason Shaun Smith would have to lie, but I suppose it is possible. Let's pretend it's true, though.

Now, it is possible for a man to punch another man, and in time (perhaps even a short period of time), for those two men to go on with their relationship as if the punch never happened. Men are meatheads and often consider a punch to the face to honestly be the best way to problem-solve.

But here's what I don't think is possible: I don't think it's possible for you to be a head coach, have a player punch you at halftime, let that player suffer absolutely zero consequences, and continue to have the respect of your team.

Now I can't think of Marvin Lewis without picturing him walking around Bengals offices like a battered wife. "No, Chad didn't hit me. Chad loves me. I ... I walked into a door. I fell down some steps. Okay, fine, yes, he did hit me, but I deserved it! I provoked him! We still love each other!"

You could understand why neither man would want this to get out. It makes Marvin Lewis look like someone who can't control his team (something I had a hunch was true anyway), and it makes Chad Johnson look like ... well, a guy who would punch his head coach. Say what you want about Terrell Owens, Randy Moss, or any other high-maintenance receiver, but they've never ventured into coach-punching territory..
lmfao!

blackhawk
03-07-2008, 02:28 PM
herm i want to see you office!

bowener
03-07-2008, 04:40 PM
Former Bengal: Chad Johnson punched Marvin Lewis in the eye!
Remember a couple years ago, at halftime of a Bengals vs. Steelers playoff game, rumors spread that there was a violent incident between Chad Johnson and one or two Bengals coaches at halftime?

Pro Football Talk (or, as they're known in the mainstream media, "internet reports") reported at the time that Chad Johnson took a swing at Marvin Lewis. Boomer Esiason said he heard something similar, but Johnson, Lewis, and everyone else involved denied it.

And now, Shaun Smith, currently a defensive tackle with the Browns, and former occupant of the same position with the Bengals, says that the punch did happen.

PFT had a YouTube video of the interview that's since been taken down. Fortunately, they did jot down some quotes before it magically disappeared. Here's what Smith said of Johnson:

“He swung on Marvin. . . . [Johnson] shattered the training room glass. . . . He swung on Marvin [and] hit Marvin in the eye. . . . Then he tried to swing on wide receivers coach Hue Jackson, who’s now in Baltimore.”
My goodness.

I don't know what reason Shaun Smith would have to lie, but I suppose it is possible. Let's pretend it's true, though.

Now, it is possible for a man to punch another man, and in time (perhaps even a short period of time), for those two men to go on with their relationship as if the punch never happened. Men are meatheads and often consider a punch to the face to honestly be the best way to problem-solve.

But here's what I don't think is possible: I don't think it's possible for you to be a head coach, have a player punch you at halftime, let that player suffer absolutely zero consequences, and continue to have the respect of your team.

Now I can't think of Marvin Lewis without picturing him walking around Bengals offices like a battered wife. "No, Chad didn't hit me. Chad loves me. I ... I walked into a door. I fell down some steps. Okay, fine, yes, he did hit me, but I deserved it! I provoked him! We still love each other!"

You could understand why neither man would want this to get out. It makes Marvin Lewis look like someone who can't control his team (something I had a hunch was true anyway), and it makes Chad Johnson look like ... well, a guy who would punch his head coach. Say what you want about Terrell Owens, Randy Moss, or any other high-maintenance receiver, but they've never ventured into coach-punching territory..
lmfao!

Cool? But did he ever punch a female attorney in a strip club?

Halfcan
03-07-2008, 04:56 PM

What plays?? name One??

Bitchslapping ho's dont count either.

Deberg_1990
03-31-2008, 02:14 PM
Does this sound like a guy who has changed?? What a loser this guy is..

Quote of the Week

Pacman Jones (left) raised some eyebrows with his comments on Michael Irvin's radio show last week in Dallas.

"You never say never.''

--Suspended Tennessee cornerback Pacman Jones, asked on Michael Irvin's radio show in Dallas why he wouldn't commit to never going into a strip club again.

Now there's a guy who's really turning over a new leaf

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/peter_king/03/30/owners/2.html

Rain Man
04-01-2008, 04:43 PM
Did anyone see Pacman's actual response? I saw it, and picked up on something that I don't think the media ever discussed.

Basically, they asked the question, and Pacman's response was long and rambling, and went something like this:

Blah blah blah, and I need to keep my nose clean for the next four years or so and blah blah blah, and I know that for the next three or four years I'm going to have to stay out of those places and blah blah blah and I think I'll be okay if I can avoid them for the next two or three years and blah blah blah so I really think I'm done with strip clubs for the next two years or so and blah blah blah I'll be fine if I stay out of them for the next couple of years, but I'll never say never.

It was hilarious. He started out pledging four years of staying out of strip clubs and in every sentence the four years got a little shorter and a little shorter. It couldn't have been scripted any better.

Micjones
04-01-2008, 04:45 PM
Why should Pacman vow to never again patronize a strip club?

Adept Havelock
04-01-2008, 04:50 PM
Why should Pacman vow to never again patronize a strip club?

Might as well ask "Why is it a bad idea for Jared Allen to own a bar"? :shake:

Micjones
04-01-2008, 04:54 PM
Might as well ask "Why is it a bad idea for Jared Allen to own a bar"? :shake:

That's quite a bit different.
Allen currently has his own establishment.

Why should Jones deny himself an opportunity to patronize a strip club 7 years down the line?

Mile High Mania
04-01-2008, 04:56 PM
Pacman will have 3 "run ins" with the law before week 1 2008.

Rain Man
04-01-2008, 05:05 PM
That's quite a bit different.
Allen currently has his own establishment.

Why should Jones deny himself an opportunity to patronize a strip club 7 years down the line?

I don't think anyone cares what he does when he's retired and headed toward bankruptcy. If the dude had a brain in his head, though, he'd be recognizing that his intransigence is costing him unimaginable amounts of money at this very moment. Sometimes the cost of doing anything you want any time you want is very high.

OnTheWarpath15
04-01-2008, 05:09 PM
I don't think anyone cares what he does when he's retired and headed toward bankruptcy. If the dude had a brain in his head, though, he'd be recognizing that his intransigence is costing him unimaginable amounts of money at this very moment. Sometimes the cost of doing anything you want any time you want is very high.

Yep.

Pacman Jones may be the only person on the planet who places more value on going to strip clubs than making millions of dollars in the NFL.

He's proven on several occasions now that he can't do both at the same time.

Mile High Mania
04-01-2008, 05:18 PM
Another reason why Pacman going to Dallas is insane... there are strip clubs all over the place.

Easy 6
04-01-2008, 05:21 PM
Another reason why Pacman going to Dallas is insane... there are strip clubs all over the place.

Man, no kidding.

"I PROMISE i wont make it rain, but would a light sprinkle, or even a fine mist, hurt???...c'mon dog"

Micjones
04-01-2008, 05:26 PM

The NFL does not and cannot regulate what he does on his own time.
That's ridiculous.

Rather what they're concerned about is conduct detrimental to league integrity.

I could care less if the man ever sets foot in a strip club again.
Can he stay out of trouble? That should be Goodell's concern.
Not whether or not he'll ever see some half-naked woman paying her way through college by wearing shiny pasties.

Micjones
04-01-2008, 05:26 PM
Yep.

Pacman Jones may be the only person on the planet who places more value on going to strip clubs than making millions of dollars in the NFL.

He's proven on several occasions now that he can't do both at the same time.

I think the freedom to choose what he will and won't do is what's important.
Not patronizing stripclubs.

Rain Man
04-01-2008, 05:28 PM
The NFL does not and cannot regulate what he does on his own time.
That's ridiculous.

Rather what they're concerned about is conduct detrimental to league integrity.

I could care less if the man ever sets foot in a strip club again.
Can he stay out of trouble? That should be Goodell's concern.
Not whether or not he'll ever see some half-naked woman paying her way through college by wearing shiny pasties.

I agree with you. However, the GMs of the league can - and brutally will - take risk into account when considering whether to sign him. If he wants to go to strip clubs, they can't stop him, but they can make sure that he's doing it for league minimum or as an unsigned free agent. Pacman needs to figure out real quick that you can't make it rain on an insurance salesman's salary, and act accordingly.

OnTheWarpath15
04-01-2008, 05:29 PM
I think the freedom to choose what he will and won't do is what's important.
Not patronizing stripclubs.

I guess you've forgotten that every time he steps foot in a strip club, that he gets himself into some sort of trouble that the league would consider detrimental?

If the man could walk into a strip club without running afoul of the law, like 95% of people, it wouldn't be an issue.

He has no one to blame but himself.

Mile High Mania
04-01-2008, 05:32 PM
Teams can have language written into contracts that prohibit players from doing things like... sky diving, skiing, etc... correct? Why couldn't a team put wording in about a strip club? I'm no lawyer and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, so I'm not seeing the difference really.

Micjones
04-01-2008, 05:32 PM
I guess you've forgotten that every time he steps foot in a strip club, that he gets himself into some sort of trouble that the league would consider detrimental?

He certainly hasn't proven he can handle it.
Perhaps he could after a four-year hiatus?
Give the man an opportunity to grow. My goodness...

No one is making excuses for the man.
He's done himself in, but to say that he should abstain for the rest of his playing career is a bit much for me.

Micjones
04-01-2008, 05:33 PM
Teams can have language written into contracts that prohibit players from doing things like... sky diving, skiing, etc... correct? Why couldn't a team put wording in about a strip club? I'm no lawyer and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, so I'm not seeing the difference really.

Those prohibitions are put in place to stave off physical injury from non-football related activity.
That's a bit different.

OnTheWarpath15
04-01-2008, 05:39 PM
He certainly hasn't proven he can handle it.
Perhaps he could after a four-year hiatus?
Give the man an opportunity to grow. My goodness...

No one is making excuses for the man.
He's done himself in, but to say that he should abstain for the rest of his playing career is a bit much for me.

Give him an opportunity?

How many "opportunities" does this guy get?

Here's his "rap sheet" since entering the league. It's even bigger if you include his high school and college years.

July 13, 2005- Arrested and charged with assault and felony vandalism after a nightclub altercation. This began Pacman Jones NFL rap sheet. He already had a lengthy one from high school and college.

September 5, 2005- Adam was invited to attend the Nashville Sports Council Kickoff Luncheon. Jones went off on a verbal tirade while being told to wait for his car after the event. He then refused to tip the valet service.

October 2005- State of West Virginia filed a petition stating that Jones had not been contacting his probation officer and that he had not reported his July 2005 arrest. The judge extended the probation for just 90 days.

March 23, 2006- Charged with marijuana possession in Fayetteville, Georgia. He went on to claim that he knew how to beat the NFL’s drug test.

August 25, 2006- Arrested for disorderly conduct and public intoxication after being ordered by the cops to leave a Murfreesboro night club several times. Jones claimed a woman stole his wallet. The woman claimed that Jones spat on her. The judge in the case gave Pacman six months probation and told him to stay away from the club.

October 26, 2006- Jones was issued a citation for misdemeanor assault after a female student from Tennessee State University claimed that Jones spit in her face at a Nashville night club.

Feburary 19, 2007- The facts are disputed and no charges have been made yet, but Jones was in the middle of a fight and shooting at a strip club in Las Vegas that left one man paralyzed and two more wounded. The fight broke out after Jones showered strippers on stage with $81,000 dollars. The club owner claims Jones was beating a strippers head against the bar while claiming to kill one of the club’s employees.

January 3, 2008- Pacman is accused of punching Wanda S. Jackson in the face at an Atlanta strip club called the Body Tap Strip Club. Jackson says Jones reached over the counter and sucker punched her in her left eye.

The above time line doesn’t include his sentence of one year in prison for a bar fight in Morgantown, West Virginia while in college. The sentence was later suspended in exchange for two years of probation (because he is a really good football player).

Rain Man
04-01-2008, 05:41 PM

That's a good point. Put it in the contract with major salary hits if he breaks the rules.

I've always thought that teams should just pay some outgoing guy with strong character $50,000 a year to be the "bodyguard" of guys like Pacman and Pre-reform Jared and that defensive tackle for the Bears. Seems like a small investment.

Deberg_1990
04-01-2008, 05:42 PM

If you have "All World Athletic Talent" your sins will be overlooked many times.

There are very few people in the world who can play at the level he does week in week out.

Vick will be given another chance as well.

Millions cheer on Kobe Bryant every night.

OnTheWarpath15
04-01-2008, 05:44 PM
If you have "All World Athletic Talent" your sins will be overlooked many times.

There are very few people in the world who can play at the level he does week in week out.

That doesn't make it right, and I applaud Goodell for taking a stand.

Micjones
04-01-2008, 05:46 PM
Give him an opportunity?

I'm disgusted at how entitled you feel to be the arbiter over how many chances another human being should be allotted in life. You're human and every bit as fallible as Jones. Gimme a break...

September 5, 2005- Adam was invited to attend the Nashville Sports Council Kickoff Luncheon. Jones went off on a verbal tirade while being told to wait for his car after the event. He then refused to tip the valet service.

That belongs on a rap sheet.
:rolleyes:

Feburary 19, 2007- The facts are disputed and no charges have been made yet, but Jones was in the middle of a fight and shooting at a strip club in Las Vegas that left one man paralyzed and two more wounded.

I stopped reading after "the facts are disputed and no charges have been made yet..."

January 3, 2008- Pacman is accused of punching Wanda S. Jackson in the face at an Atlanta strip club called the Body Tap Strip Club. Jackson says Jones reached over the counter and sucker punched her in her left eye.

We live in a wonderful country where all one has to do is be accused to be convicted in the court of public opinion.

Deberg_1990
04-01-2008, 05:46 PM
That doesn't make it right, and I applaud Goodell for taking a stand.

Sports fans demand a "Win at all Costs" mentality out of team ownership.

Unfortunately, thats just the way it is.

Mile High Mania
04-01-2008, 05:47 PM
Those prohibitions are put in place to stave off physical injury from non-football related activity.
That's a bit different.

If he gets shot at a titty bar... isn't that phyiscal harm from a non-football related injury?

Rain Man
04-01-2008, 05:47 PM

I'm betting that Arthur Blank is not too pleased with Vick right now, and the fans can cheer all they want, but in the end it's the decision of Arthur Blank and 31 other guys. If 32 guys decide he's not worth the investment, he's going Arena League and selling cars on the side.

Deberg_1990
04-01-2008, 05:50 PM
I'm betting that Arthur Blank is not too pleased with Vick right now, and the fans can cheer all they want, but in the end it's the decision of Arthur Blank and 31 other guys. If 32 guys decide he's not worth the investment, he's going Arena League and selling cars on the side.

You really think 31 other teams are going to overlook Vicks talent??

I dont. Someone will give him a chance. Id bet money on it.

BTW, im no Vick fan, but he does have talent.

Mile High Mania
04-01-2008, 05:50 PM
I'm disgusted at how entitled you feel to be the arbiter over how many chances another human being should be alloted in life. You're human and every bit as fallible as Jones. Gimme a break...

That belongs on a rap sheet.

I stopped reading after "the facts are disputed and no charges have been made yet..."

We live in a wonderful country where all one has to do is be accused to be convicted in the court of public opinion.

Weird... let's not forget about the guy that was shot and paralyzed.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2910497

Playing professional sports is a thing you earn, it's not a 'right' that you are given at birth.

Mile High Mania
04-01-2008, 05:51 PM

A player with great talent will always get a chance to play for the right price... no matter what he does.

Rain Man
04-01-2008, 05:52 PM

Ask Art Schlicter. Or Mark Gastineau. If there's enough risk, the owners will indeed boycott a guy. Admittedly, it takes a lot to do it, but it can happen.

As for Vick, I don't think his offenses will rise to the level of a boycott. But Pacman's sailing close to the edge.

Micjones
04-01-2008, 05:53 PM
If he gets shot at a titty bar... isn't that phyiscal harm from a non-football related injury?

You're right...
He's perfectly safe from gunfire outside of the strip club.

OnTheWarpath15
04-01-2008, 05:53 PM
I'm disgusted at how entitled you feel to be the arbiter over how many chances another human being should be alloted in life. You're human and every bit as fallible as Jones. Gimme a break...

I'm disgusted that certain athletes get preferential treatment throughout their lives, and can break the law countless times with any consequences. People are defending Pacman's "right" to play in the league again. What about that bouncer's right to walk, instead of being confined to a wheelchair for the rest of his life?

Who's the victim here?

Apparently, Goodell DIDN'T quit reading, considering this is the incident that finally got him banned from the league.

Deberg_1990
04-01-2008, 05:54 PM
But Pacman's sailing close to the edge.

I wish he was personally, but evidently not, since Dallas is making a run after him.

MIAdragon

Im sure <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:pOakland</ST1:p</st1:City> will welcome home with open arms.<O:p</O:p

Micjones
Weird... let's not forget about the guy that was shot and paralyzed.

Playing professional sports is a thing you earn, it's not a 'right' that you are given at birth.

You place far too much significance on professional sports.
I suppose it isn't a "right", but let's not pretend that he didn't earn the right to play in the NFL. Playing professional football doesn't require a brilliant personality. It's the ability to play the game on that level that matters.

OnTheWarpath15
04-01-2008, 05:57 PM
I suppose it isn't a "right", but let's not pretend that he didn't earn the right to play in the NFL. Playing professional football doesn't require a brilliant personality. It's the ability to play the game on that level that matters.

And finally, someone has taken a stand, and revoked that "right" to play in the NFL based on his actions off the field.

Mile High Mania
04-01-2008, 05:57 PM
You're right...
He's perfectly safe from gunfire outside of the strip club.

Here's the deal, numbnuts... Pacman Jones has done nothing to show he is worth the energy, time and money to play for an NFL team. Pacman Jones SHOULD be able to do anything he desires to do off the field... however, his inability to not act like a jackass isn't affording him that right.

Pacman Jones has issues and and they all are usually related with booze, money and titty bars. A man was shot and is paralyzed because of an event related to Pacman Jones.

Pacman Jones can only blame one person for the personal hell and lack of playing time he has had over the last 12 monts and that is Pacman Jones.

I don't care if he ever plays another down... I also have no doubts that he'll be given another chance to play. If he can turn his life around - fantastic.

I'll have no expectations that he'll be able to do so... everything he is doing now is just for show. Don't believe me, that's fine - I don't care. I hope I'm wrong.

But, he's done nothing to show he's worth the time.

Mile High Mania
04-01-2008, 05:58 PM

So, you're are a fan of Leonard Little... and you have no issues with Ray Lewis.

Micjones
04-01-2008, 05:59 PM
I'm disgusted that certain athletes get preferential treatment throughout their lives, and can break the law countless times with any consequences.

Now we're digging a bit deeper my friend.
Have you ever stopped to consider the fact that having been shown preferential treatment throughout their athletic careers is what fosters that sense of entitlement? It's always curious to me that coaches, boosters, fans and administrative personnel put players on a pedestal from the moment they can carry the football only to later question why they feel as though they're above the law. The entire process fosters that mentality.

Does that free Pacman Jones from personal responsibility? Absolutely not.
But to ignore the other aspects of this problem is to be short-sighted.

Micjones
04-01-2008, 05:59 PM
So, you're are a fan of Leonard Little... and you have no issues with Ray Lewis.

I'm a fan of neither.

OnTheWarpath15
04-01-2008, 06:07 PM
Now we're digging a bit deeper my friend.
Have you ever stopped to consider the fact that having been shown preferential treatment throughout their athletic careers is what fosters that sense of entitlement? It's always curious to me that coaches, boosters, fans and administrative personnel put players on a pedestal from the moment they can carry the football only to later question why they feel as though they're above the law. The entire process fosters that mentality.

Does that free Pacman Jones from personal responsibility? Absolutely not.
But to ignore the other aspects of this problem is to be short-sighted.

As a former athlete, I understand exactly what you are saying.

However, personal responsibility trumps all.

We'll use the NFL as an example:

There are roughly 1700-1800 players in the league.

An overwhelming MAJORITY of them were "put on a pedestal" as you say during high school and college.

Why is it that an overwhelming MINORITY of them have ONE run-in with the law, much less MULTIPLE run-ins with the law?

Sorry, but the "sense of entitlement" card doesn't play here. Too many guys in this league have gone through the exact same circumstances, but have kept their noses clean.

Pacman has a CHOICE, and his choice is to be a ****ing idiot and ruin his career. Blaming society is weak.

OnTheWarpath15
04-01-2008, 06:13 PM

In all fairness, what has Ray Lewis done SINCE that night in Atlanta?

Nothing. Clean as a whistle.

I agree with Leonard Little though, as he's gotten another DWI since killing Susan Gutweiler.

Ray Lewis made a conscious effort to change his life.

Pacman Jones is obviously not interested in making such changes.

Mile High Mania
04-01-2008, 06:55 PM
I dunno what he's done... just using him as an example.