PDA

View Full Version : The National Media continues to side with the Realists on ChiefsPlanet

FloridaMan88
03-07-2008, 01:54 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/don_banks/03/07/free.agency/1.html

Losers:

Kansas City Chiefs -- With 11 picks in the draft, the Chiefs are hoping to re-make their aging roster with an infusion of youth and their salary cap with all those inexpensive rookies. But they haven't given themselves much of a cushion in the draft by doing some preliminary work on their needs in free agency. Kansas City's only acquisition of note has been ex-Falcons linebacker Demorrio Williams, and that despite linebacker being one of the Chiefs' deeper positions.

Kansas City has released a host of veterans as part of its rebuilding process -- Ty Law, Eddie Kennison, Kendrell Bell and John Welbourne among them -- but at some point there has to be bodies to fill all those holes. Patience is apparently the byword for now.

On another potentially costly free-agent front, the clock is ticking on the team's stand-off of sorts with franchised defensive end Jared Allen. He says if he's forced to start playing the 2008 season with the tag, any chance of him ever signing a long-term deal will be gone. Such tough talk can change -- see Briggs, Lance -- but it's a potential distraction the Chiefs could certainly do without.

DaFace
03-07-2008, 02:04 PM
We're not going to be competitive this year. Period. Any analysis that suggests we have a prayer of doing so isn't worth reading.

StcChief
03-07-2008, 02:04 PM
SI ? a voice of reason? LMAO

Fish
03-07-2008, 02:21 PM
KCChiefsfan88.... and the Chiefsplanet "realists".... ROFL

A rebuilding team with 11 draft picks... 11 mind you.... who has repeatedly said they wouldn't be active participants in free agency due to rebuilding through the draft........is a loser because they haven't overpaid for any free agents in the first 2 weeks of the free agency period, which lasts several more months. And they don't really say what free agents would have made them "winners", just the fact that they haven't signed X number of players makes them "losers"....

It's amazing that somebody who bags on the leaders of the organization as much as 88 does... can still be so upset when that organization does something totally opposite than the unsuccessful strategy that has been used for over a decade. The team finally shows signs of change, and all he can bitch about is why we're not doing the same thing that didn't work in the past....

|Zach|
03-07-2008, 02:22 PM
88, you keep running away...would love for you to address this post. You still haven't...

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=4615066&postcount=62

Eleazar
03-07-2008, 02:23 PM
What you fail to realize is that the Chiefs had "one of the best defenses in the NFL" last year.

noa
03-07-2008, 02:29 PM
I think we tried to get a couple other guys, but like Herm said, it didn't work out. I can't imagine why a free agent would chose another team over the Chiefs. We have such a bright future ahead of ourselves.
Anyway, the point is that its a lot easier said than done to find good value FAs at the spots you need who fit what we are looking for (guys on their second contracts, not old vets looking for big money). The options were limited, and I'm glad we didn't resort to stupid signings like the Raiders when we couldn't land the actual players we wanted.

Rain Man
03-07-2008, 02:43 PM
We're not going to be competitive this year. Period. Any analysis that suggests we have a prayer of doing so isn't worth reading.

I call BS. If Carl goes into the jungle and discovers one Tarzanlike jungle boy with 4.2 speed and a 45 inch vertical, we're right there in the hunt.

Okay, maybe two.

bowener
03-07-2008, 03:37 PM
What you fail to realize is that the Chiefs had "one of the best defenses in the NFL" last year.

We must never forget this!!!
/Gretz

Eleazar
03-07-2008, 03:42 PM
We must never forget this!!!
/Gretz

close, /WPI

El Jefe
03-07-2008, 03:46 PM
KCChiefsfan88.... and the Chiefsplanet "realists".... ROFL

A rebuilding team with 11 draft picks... 11 mind you.... who has repeatedly said they wouldn't be active participants in free agency due to rebuilding through the draft........is a loser because they haven't overpaid for any free agents in the first 2 weeks of the free agency period, which lasts several more months. And they don't really say what free agents would have made them "winners", just the fact that they haven't signed X number of players makes them "losers"....

It's amazing that somebody who bags on the leaders of the organization as much as 88 does... can still be so upset when that organization does something totally opposite than the unsuccessful strategy that has been used for over a decade. The team finally shows signs of change, and all he can bitch about is why we're not doing the same thing that didn't work in the past....

QFT Wow :clap:

DaneMcCloud
03-07-2008, 04:07 PM
I think we tried to get a couple other guys, but like Herm said, it didn't work out. I can't imagine why a free agent would chose another team over the Chiefs. We have such a bright future ahead of ourselves.

I'll give you three reasons why:

1. Money
2. Opportunity
3. Stability

The Chiefs organization has publicly stated that they're playing with "beer money". And while it's not the player's responsibility to pay attention to those quotes, it's most certainly the player's agent's responsibility to get his client the best deal. If you were Josh Brown or Bryant Johnson or Jeff Faine's agent, would you even bother allowing your client to even visit the Chiefs if they were looking for a top tier contract? I wouldn't and neither have the agents.

Many of the free agents the Chiefs targeted have better opportunities elsewhere. The Chiefs are at a minimum, two years away from competing for a playoff spot. They have nearly the worst offense in the NFL, an unproven QB and a horrific offensive line (not to mention, only one legitimate WR). If I'm a free-agent, the first thing I want is a top-tier, long term contract. If I can't get a top tier contract (which the Chiefs aren't offering) I want to win now. Not next year. Not in two years. Win now. The Chiefs can't offer that so if I'm a free-agent, I'm not making that sacrifice, especially when I'm not getting top-dollar that I could elsewhere.

And finally, if I'm a free agent, I want to sign with a team that has stability from top to bottom. We all know that CP & Herm have only two years left on their respective contracts and they may not even make through next season. I don't want to sign some with a team knowing that in one season, I may be out of favor, benched for a new system or cut. And the Chiefs can't deliver on the promise of stability.

So there you go.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-07-2008, 04:11 PM

1. Money
2. Opportunity
3. Stability

The Chiefs organization has publicly stated that they're playing with "beer money". And while it's not the player's responsibility to pay attention to those quotes, it's most certainly the player's agent's responsibility to get his client the best deal. If you were Josh Brown or Bryant Johnson or Jeff Faine's agent, would you even bother allowing your client to even visit the Chiefs if they were looking for a top tier contract? I wouldn't and neither have the agents.

Many of the free agents the Chiefs targeted have better opportunities elsewhere. The Chiefs are at a minimum, two years away from competing for a playoff spot. They have nearly the worst offense in the NFL, an unproven QB and a horrific offensive line (not to mention, only one legitimate WR). If I'm a free-agent, the first thing I want is a top-tier, long term contract. If I can't get a top tier contract (which the Chiefs aren't offering) I want to win now. Not next year. Not in two years. Win now. The Chiefs can't offer that so if I'm a free-agent, I'm not making that sacrifice, especially when I'm not getting top-dollar that I could elsewhere.

And finally, if I'm a free agent, I want to sign with a team that has stability from top to bottom. We all know that CP & Herm have only two years left on their respective contracts and they may not even make through next season. I don't want to sign some with a team knowing that in one season, I may be out of favor, benched for a new system or cut. And the Chiefs can't deliver on the promise of stability.

So there you go.

You can lock this thread down now. It's just got explained in it's entirety.

noa
03-07-2008, 04:21 PM
Dane, that was exactly my point. I agree with everything you said, I was being sarcastic in my original post.
I'm not stupid enough to seriously use the words Chiefs and "bright future" in the same sentence.

Bob Dole
03-07-2008, 04:25 PM
We'll get 2 wins this season and take Tebow with the first pick in the 2009 draft.

And losing free agents while not signing any is the intentional path to extra picks in 2009.

kcxiv
03-07-2008, 04:32 PM
5-11 at best for next year. We havent even upgraded the Oline position at all. They expect Brodie to stay healthy behind a wet paper napkin? I feel for Brodie next year. His little ass is going to get snapped in half.

Halfcan
03-07-2008, 05:02 PM
11 picks huh? With our crappy draft record-we will still have 9 holes to fill.

Logical
03-07-2008, 05:41 PM

1. Money
2. Opportunity
3. Stability

So there you go.Excellent analysis Dane.

Otter
03-07-2008, 07:33 PM
88, you keep running away...would love for you to address this post. You still haven't...

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=4615066&postcount=62

Not an entirely fair question, that's like me stepping into a networking situation that wasn't build correctly in the first place.

Given the circumstances however they're taking the path I see as most beneficial to repair a poorly built system. That I will give them credit for but it's too little too late.

I fear in two years "they're" going to say "see, we're on the right track" and the same engineers who didn't do it right the first time around will be allowed to be retained.

Nice input BTW Dane.

RealSNR
03-07-2008, 07:41 PM
KCChiefsfan88 is a "realist"

What.

The.

Bweb
03-07-2008, 08:39 PM

1. Money
2. Opportunity
3. Stability

So there you go.

Can I get an "Amen"!!:bravo:

the Talking Can
03-07-2008, 09:05 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/don_banks/03/07/free.agency/1.html
Kansas City's only acquisition of note has been ex-Falcons linebacker Demorrio Williams, and that despite linebacker being one of the Chiefs' deeper positions.

how clueless can a writer be?

the Talking Can
03-07-2008, 09:07 PM
And losing free agents while not signing any is the intentional path to extra picks in 2009.

yes...finally...

the more True Fans cry the more I'm convinced we're doing something smart for once....

milkman
03-08-2008, 08:10 AM
On another potentially costly free-agent front, the clock is ticking on the team's stand-off of sorts with franchised defensive end Jared Allen. He says if he's forced to start playing the 2008 season with the tag, any chance of him ever signing a long-term deal will be gone. Such tough talk can change -- see Briggs, Lance -- but it's a potential distraction the Chiefs could certainly do without

I'm sorry, but could someone explain to me what the Chiefs could be potentially distracted from?

nychief
03-08-2008, 08:17 AM
I have no faith in the chiefs being able to draft as well as they would need to to make a plan like this work. Anybody who does... is a moron.

nychief
03-08-2008, 08:18 AM
I'm sorry, but could someone explain to me what the Chiefs could be potentially distracted from?

The 16 game losing streak.

nychief
03-08-2008, 08:20 AM
We should have gone after FA offensive linemen. Not Fanaca, but scott or smiley... level. Brodie is not going to develop with a neck brace on...

xbarretx
03-08-2008, 08:28 AM

but next year possibly right? :huh:

milkman
03-08-2008, 08:29 AM
We should have gone after FA offensive linemen. Not Fanaca, but scott or smiley... level. Brodie is not going to develop with a neck brace on...

Has Scott signed somewhere?

What about Chris Kemoeatu, who probably fits the player profile that the Cheifs are looking for?

xbarretx
03-08-2008, 08:32 AM
The 16 game losing streak.

well hell we can surly get Oher then :clap: uh i mean 0 -16 :doh!:

Rasputin
03-08-2008, 08:34 AM
yes...finally...

the more True Fans cry the more I'm convinced we're doing something smart for once....

That seems appropriate, further more, the path we are taking now is every thing opposite of what Carl Peterson has done since he has been here. Still yet a couple years away but hey the Packers went this route and built a good team through the draft with out FA so why can't we? Carl Peterson:mad:

oldandslow
03-08-2008, 09:06 AM
We'll get 2 wins this season and take Tebow with the first pick in the 2009 draft.

I think you may be right.

OnTheWarpath15
03-08-2008, 09:14 AM
Has Scott signed somewhere?

What about Chris Kemoeatu, who probably fits the player profile that the Chiefs are looking for?

Kemoeatu was a guy I would have LOVED to have.

He was offered a 1 year tender offer by the Steelers. We'd have to give up a 2nd round pick.

milkman
03-08-2008, 09:40 AM
Kemoeatu was a guy I would have LOVED to have.

He was offered a 1 year tender offer by the Steelers. We'd have to give up a 2nd round pick.

Must have been a high tender?

htismaqe
03-08-2008, 10:30 AM
I have no faith in the chiefs being able to draft as well as they would need to to make a plan like this work. Anybody who does... is a moron.

Yet you seem to have faith in them to acquire free agents. :hmmm:

Mecca
03-08-2008, 11:33 AM

If you feel that way then all of this is pointless you'll never win anything not being able to draft.

And for that other comment, Brodie Croyle is going to get hurt good line or bad line...

Rausch
03-08-2008, 11:43 AM
Yet you seem to have faith in them to acquire free agents. :hmmm:

And what makes us unattractive to FA's will sound good to a rookie.

"We cut the vets. You'll be competing with other young guys to earn and keep your spot. If you play well enough you'll start immediately - no sitting behind a guy finishing up his career for a few seasons.

This team will be young, and since we're building through the draft you'll play with the core of this team for years. There will be stability. "

I'd also like to point out that while Carl does have final say he's let his HC's draft what they want. It's not Carl's fault he gave the power to DV, and then DV went (stupid, STUPID!) and gave it to GROB.

Carl did the same with Marty and Gun. The one really heavy handed draft Peterson had we took LJ, likely our best 1st round pick in years...

nychief
03-08-2008, 11:51 AM
If you feel that way then all of this is pointless you'll never win anything not being able to draft.

And for that other comment, Brodie Croyle is going to get hurt good line or bad line...

Do you think the chiefs are going to find 6 starters in the freakin draft? Give me break. Even if you go young, you have to give vet support...period.

stonedstooge
03-08-2008, 11:53 AM
Mr. Mecca: I do believe that if we would happen to have an effective OL the chances of Croyle getting hurt will be of a lesser chance than if the OL sucks like it does now. The way it is now, I don't care if it's Croyle or friggin Superman they are going to get hurt. I wish I had it all figured out like you do. I'm surprised the Chiefs don't hire you to evaluate players and potential players because you sure seem to know everything about everyone.

I'm sure Croyle took a few shots in Alabama when he played there, and if he was built out of glass, would not have made it to the position he is in right now. Give the guy a chance. Or should we cut him like you continually suggest we do other players. Go back to your Madden Football game and be the genious there.

HonestChieffan
03-08-2008, 11:53 AM
Im surprised some of you have not gone on and finally become Rams fans.

Mecca
03-08-2008, 11:55 AM
Do you think the chiefs are going to find 6 starters in the freakin draft? Give me break. Even if you go young, you have to give vet support...period.

Find 6 starters for what? This team is in no position to win anything this year, I think that is what is lost on some people.

This is about a couple years from now not right now. And you'll never know if you find productive players if you always have 30 year old guys you went and signed playing because that's where your money is.

Stuff like Keyaron Fox like him or not a LB taken in the 3rd round should be a starter by year 2, when you use a 3rd rounder on a guy who's always a backup that's just retarded.

You're first 3 picks should be on the field early, if they aren't you ****ed up your picks. You should be able to pull guys out of the 2nd day, this is what separates the good and bad teams.

milkman
03-08-2008, 11:59 AM
Mr. Mecca: I do believe that if we would happen to have an effective OL the chances of Croyle getting hurt will be of a lesser chance than if the OL sucks like it does now. The way it is now, I don't care if it's Croyle or friggin Superman they are going to get hurt. I wish I had it all figured out like you do. I'm surprised the Chiefs don't hire you to evaluate players and potential players because you sure seem to know everything about everyone.

I'm sure Croyle took a few shots in Alabama when he played there, and if he was built out of glass, would not have made it to the position he is in right now. Give the guy a chance. Or should we cut him like you continually suggest we do other players. Go back to your Madden Football game and be the genious there.

FTR, Croyle suffered a couple of major injuries in college.

His injury history is why some question his durability.

Mecca
03-08-2008, 12:00 PM

Look I know people wanna be nice and ignore things because he's on the Chiefs and they want him to be the guy. A guy who got hurt in high school...then repeatedly got hurt in college then in his first chance to start in the NFL got injured...is injury prone there's no way around it.

He's blown both his ACL's, torn a labrum, these aren't little injuries those are major. Until he PROVES otherwise there is no reason to think he'll not got injured.

As far as making comments about my judging of players, simple comment to that..ask people around here in general. Who has the knowledge of the college game? Who is generally right about these players? Ask them if they think if I drafted for the Chiefs if we'd have better players...

People can say what they want but I'm pretty sure most everyone around here respects my talent evaluating skills and my knowledge of the draft and college game.

Rausch
03-08-2008, 12:09 PM
Who is generally right about these players? Ask them if they think if I drafted for the Chiefs if we'd have better players...

Now there's our hubris of the day...

Mecca
03-08-2008, 12:11 PM
Now there's our hubris of the day...

Hey just sayin I think everyone here knows I'm pretty good when it comes to the draft...

Rausch
03-08-2008, 12:16 PM
Hey just sayin I think everyone here knows I'm pretty good when it comes to the draft...

For a fan.

For years I had my own pet picks for our first and was right about as much as the team was. That still doesn't mean I have the first clue what it takes to run an NFL draft.

Mecca
03-08-2008, 12:20 PM
For a fan.

For years I had my own pet picks for our first and was right about as much as the team was. That still doesn't mean I have the first clue what it takes to run an NFL draft.

It's really not that difficult...some teams make it more complicated than it should be to tell you the truth.

nychief
03-08-2008, 12:24 PM
Find 6 starters for what? This team is in no position to win anything this year, I think that is what is lost on some people.

This is about a couple years from now not right now. And you'll never know if you find productive players if you always have 30 year old guys you went and signed playing because that's where your money is.

Stuff like Keyaron Fox like him or not a LB taken in the 3rd round should be a starter by year 2, when you use a 3rd rounder on a guy who's always a backup that's just retarded.

You're first 3 picks should be on the field early, if they aren't you ****ed up your picks. You should be able to pull guys out of the 2nd day, this is what separates the good and bad teams.

The unemployed Key Fox? Do you mean him? We have already had this conversation once or twice, man. You wanna get these kids out here, so do I...but I want to sign a couple young vets to help them... especially on the Oline, we have to be able to run the ball and protect our shitty qb.

Mecca
03-08-2008, 12:30 PM
I don't buy this you need vets to help them, that's what coaches are for....

stonedstooge
03-08-2008, 12:37 PM
I do believe that there are players that are injury prone that still are able to perform in the NFL. Of course having an OL to help is always a plus. If you have read the injuries that Trent Green suffered and came back from I think it can be done. And he played at a high level for a few years. And he suffered major injuries, not bumps and bruises.

Priest was hurt often and played at a high level. I just don't think a person makes it to the NFL if they are made of glass. Croyle IMO looked great the few times he was allowed time in the backfield to make plays. Will he get hurt? Maybe. Any player at any time can suffer a career ending injury at any time. But with the O-line last year that this team fielded, I don't think there is a quarterback in the league that could have survived it without suffering some type of injury. I'm not sticking up for Croyle like he is the answer to quarterback on this team. I just haven't seen enough of him to know.

And choosing players from the draft is a crapshoot no matter how much one thinks he knows about the players. Mecca, just because you believe some guy is the man makes no difference to me. It's your personal opinion. You could be right, you could be wrong. People can follow your suggestions, that's up to them. As far as I'm concerned, it won't matter shit in the end because of who we have making those choices. And it ain't you.

htismaqe
03-08-2008, 12:39 PM
The unemployed Key Fox? Do you mean him? We have already had this conversation once or twice, man. You wanna get these kids out here, so do I...but I want to sign a couple young vets to help them... especially on the Oline, we have to be able to run the ball and protect our shitty qb.

So we can win 7 or 8 games, right?

Mecca
03-08-2008, 12:45 PM

Don't worry a few others will show up and tell us how this is gonna be the 80s again and we'll be bad forever....I've already seen that a few times.

nychief
03-08-2008, 12:46 PM

Spare me. Honestly. I love the self-righteous group of fans that who really think think there is a team built completely through the draft. Look at what Miami is doing, they are bringing in competent football players to work with their draft picks. Do you think Parcells is wrong?

nychief
03-08-2008, 12:47 PM
Don't worry a few others will show up and tell us how this is gonna be the 80s again and we'll be bad forever....I've already seen that a few times.

Jesus guys, just **** and get it over with.

Mecca
03-08-2008, 12:48 PM
Spare me. Honestly. I love the self-righteous group of fans that who really think think there is a team built completely through the draft. Look at what Miami is doing, they are bringing in competent football players to work with their draft picks. Do you think Parcells is wrong?

Show me how many FA's the Colts and Chargers are built around..

Brock
03-08-2008, 01:02 PM

Parcells, or the head coach he hired, is changing their defense to a 3-4, which is the reason for most of the free agent signings and the Jason Ferguson trade.

htismaqe
03-08-2008, 01:07 PM

Parcells is completely changing defensive schemes. Nice try.

htismaqe
03-08-2008, 01:08 PM
Jesus guys, just **** and get it over with.

Is that all you've got?

milkman
03-08-2008, 01:21 PM
A question just occurred to me.

When did "realist" become synonymous with "Dick-sucker"?

doomy3
03-08-2008, 01:43 PM

And we'll see how that turns out for them. I don't typically think that throwing a ton of money at mediocre football players is a good strategy though.

nychief
03-08-2008, 02:19 PM
And we'll see how that turns out for them. I don't typically think that throwing a ton of money at mediocre football players is a good strategy though.

They haven't spent that much. Now, the Jets? That is a different story. The fins are solidifying areas of need - then they will draft well. We will do neither. I think 4-12 should be considered bottoming out and we should improve with intelligent moves both in the draft and FA... the idea that we are only going to acquire players thought the draft is idiotic.

OnTheWarpath15
03-08-2008, 02:21 PM
They haven't spent that much. Now, the Jets? That is a different story. The fins are solidifying areas of need - then they will draft well. We will do neither. I think 4-12 should be considered bottoming out and we should improve with intelligent moves both in the draft and FA... the idea that we are only going to acquire players thought the draft is idiotic.

How many FA's has San Diego signed in the past 5-8 years?

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7851346/Chargers-don't-play-free-agency-game

nychief
03-08-2008, 02:31 PM

how many have the pats? beside you are the clowns screaming about anything less than a championship is unacceptable. How many have the chargers won? Besides, do you see the chiefs drafting that well? You guys have the right idea... don't get me wrong. But we can't let the qb get his brain beaten in again this season because we want to see what Tre Stallings can do... Wholesale change to a rookie Oline is silly.

Brock
03-08-2008, 02:34 PM
how many have the pats? beside you are the clowns screaming about anything less than a championship is unacceptable. How many have the chargers won? Besides, do you see the chiefs drafting that well? You guys have the right idea... don't get me wrong. But we can't let the qb get his brain beaten in again this season because we want to see what Tre Stallings can do... Wholesale change to a rookie Oline is silly.

do you have some specific free agent players you like, and why? Or is this just general crying for the sake of crying?

nychief
03-08-2008, 02:54 PM
do you have some specific free agent players you like, and why? Or is this just general crying for the sake of crying?

I am not crying, just stating a different opinion. The team is already a tire fire, it is just what gets us turned around.

orange
03-08-2008, 02:59 PM

What were San Diego's records and where were they drafting through those 8 years?

Wasn't their pattern: "Suck... draft early... sign no free agents... Suck again... repeat..." ?

... and for more than eight years...

OnTheWarpath15
03-08-2008, 03:01 PM
What were San Diego's records and where were they drafting through those 8 years?

They had 3 Top 5 picks in that time.

We're likely to do the same.

Mecca
03-08-2008, 03:06 PM
They had 3 Top 5 picks in that time.

We're likely to do the same.

Patience is not a virtue around here......God forbid we should you know take some lumps to build a really good young team.

Chiefmanwillcatch
03-08-2008, 03:06 PM
Do they also bash Pittsburgh and Greenbay too?

They don't buy a lot of KENDRELL BELL-overpriced-over-the-hill free agents either.

Mecca
03-08-2008, 03:12 PM
Do they also bash Pittsburgh and Greenbay too?

They don't buy a lot of KENDRELL BELL-overpriced-over-the-hill free agents either.

Green Bay was listed as one of the big losers in FA this year.

beach tribe
03-08-2008, 03:19 PM
Look I know people wanna be nice and ignore things because he's on the Chiefs and they want him to be the guy. A guy who got hurt in high school...then repeatedly got hurt in college then in his first chance to start in the NFL got injured...is injury prone there's no way around it.

He's blown both his ACL's, torn a labrum, these aren't little injuries those are major. Until he PROVES otherwise there is no reason to think he'll not got injured.

As far as making comments about my judging of players, simple comment to that..ask people around here in general. Who has the knowledge of the college game? Who is generally right about these players? Ask them if they think if I drafted for the Chiefs if we'd have better players...

People can say what they want but I'm pretty sure most everyone around here respects my talent evaluating skills and my knowledge of the draft and college game.
I agree with your idea of how we should aproach the next few seasons, but as for all of your horn tooting, I think there's quite a few of us here who could have drafted better than the Chiefs have the last decade. For the record, there's probably as many people here who think your full of shit, as there are who think you should be conducting our draft.
We should all log the picks we would have made during the draft, and start a thread about it to keep as a reference.

beach tribe
03-08-2008, 03:21 PM
Seriously lets do this. The players we choose have to be available when we make our picks. Game on.

nychief
03-08-2008, 03:25 PM

This is priceless.

orange
03-08-2008, 03:26 PM
Seriously lets do this. The players we choose have to be available when we make our picks. Game on.

That sounds like a good idea. But you must post your choice while the Chiefs are on the clock.

Will this new server handle that?

beach tribe
03-08-2008, 03:30 PM
That sounds like a good idea. But you must post your choice while the Chiefs are on the clock.

Will this new server handle that?

I don't see why we would have to that. I'm going to be out somewhere watching the draft, not sitting behind my computer. I'm going to write my picks down, and post them when I get home. Why not?

orange
03-08-2008, 03:38 PM
I don't see why we would have to that. I'm going to be out somewhere watching the draft, not sitting behind my computer. I'm going to write my picks down, and post them when I get home. Why not?

To get your picks time-stamped.

For example, some unscrupulous posters who took Tank Tyler in the second round MIGHT just switch him to the third round once they see he's still available.

beach tribe
03-08-2008, 03:52 PM
To get your picks time-stamped.

For example, some unscrupulous posters who took Tank Tyler in the second round MIGHT just switch him to the third round once they see he's still available.

This is gonna be tough.

Mecca
03-08-2008, 04:19 PM
Where are those people that disagreed with me about Antonio Cromartie.....man I sure screwed up on that one didn't I?

beach tribe
03-08-2008, 04:21 PM
Where are those people that disagreed with me about Antonio Cromartie.....man I sure screwed up on that one didn't I?

That was a good call.

I was right there with you. what's your point? DRAFT CHALLENGE.

nychief
03-08-2008, 04:26 PM
I'll bring in eight sided die.

jjchieffan
03-08-2008, 05:00 PM
Brodie Croyle is going to get hurt good line or bad line...

Talking out your ass again. Croyle MIGHT get hurt again. Tony Romo might get hurt too. There are 32 starting QB's in the NFL on opening day. By the end of the season, there are an additional 25-30 that have started due to injury. They aren't playing 2 hand touch out there. QB's get hurt. To say that Croyle is more likely to get hurt just because he got hurt in the past is just plain stupid. Just like you attributing LJ's ankle injury last year to him having over 400 carries the year before.

jjchieffan
03-08-2008, 05:22 PM
Show me how many FA's the Colts and Chargers are built around..

Nice to pick and choose your successful teams. The Chargers haven't won a championship yet. You overlook NE. The Patriots have brought in several over 30 free agents and they are successful. Rodney Harrison, Junior Seau, Randy Moss. As well as the fact that they just resigned Bruschi. They are, for the most part, a veteran team, and the best team/dynasty in the NFL. But spin it away from them. That is why I see through your BS.

DaneMcCloud
03-08-2008, 06:15 PM
Talking out your ass again. Croyle MIGHT get hurt again. Tony Romo might get hurt too. There are 32 starting QB's in the NFL on opening day. By the end of the season, there are an additional 25-30 that have started due to injury. They aren't playing 2 hand touch out there. QB's get hurt. To say that Croyle is more likely to get hurt just because he got hurt in the past is just plain stupid. Just like you attributing LJ's ankle injury last year to him having over 400 carries the year before.

Dude, give it a break.

Brodie Croyle has shown a pre-disposition to injury.

Torn ACL in high school.

Torn ACL in college.

Injured in first NFL training camp.

Injured after only a few NFL starts.

The dude is fragile. No amount of "well, this guy could get hurt, too or that guy could get hurt as well" is going to erase Croyle's injury history.

Period. End of story. Adios.

htismaqe
03-08-2008, 06:32 PM
Dude, give it a break.

Torn ACL in high school.

Torn ACL in college.

The dude is fragile. No amount of "well, this guy could get hurt, too or that guy could get hurt as well" is going to erase Croyle's injury history.

As one of Croyle's biggest supporters, it pains me to say this, but:

QFT

beach tribe
03-08-2008, 06:33 PM

QFT

It's undeniable. I've got my fingers crossed.

jjchieffan
03-08-2008, 06:53 PM
Dude, give it a break.

Torn ACL in high school.

Torn ACL in college.

Trent Green was injury prone too, yet he played 5 years here before he got hurt.

OnTheWarpath15
03-08-2008, 07:08 PM
An injury HISTORY doesn't GUARANTEE an injury in the FUTURE.

DaneMcCloud
03-08-2008, 10:06 PM
An injury HISTORY doesn't GUARANTEE an injury in the FUTURE.

But it's not prudent to ignore it, either.

In Brody Croyle's brief NFL career, he's been injured and missed games.

In Brody Croyle's college career, he was injured and missed games.

In Brody's Croyle's high school career he was injured.

This guy is most certainly no iron man. IF he had never been injured, he likely would have been a first round choice.

But it's not prudent to ignore Croyle's history of injury.

DaneMcCloud
03-08-2008, 10:09 PM
Trent Green was injury prone too, yet he played 5 years here before he got hurt.

What?? When was TG ever considered injury prone? When? He had his leg grabbed an brutally twisted by Rodney Harrison in a pre-season game. He missed one season then came back and played well the following season.

Trent Green's (or any other NFL QB's) injury in no way, shape or form is a predictor of Brodie Croyle's future injuries.

You're reaching...

Rasputin
03-08-2008, 10:53 PM

Well Antonio Cromartie was a high risk high reward type player, considering his injury missing a bunch of college games. >Did not play in 2005 after having surgery to repair left ACL, LCL and hamstring tendon< according to Street &Smith's 2006 Pro Football Draft guide pg116(you can look up a link). I'm sure his injury had him nocked down on some teams boards as well.

So, IMO he is just as at risk for the Chargers as Brodie is for us. Good call on Antonio I personally was hoping he wouldn't go to the Chargers or in the AFCW unless we got him cus I knew he could replace Ty Law but with risk with the ACL yes he would be worth it now that hynd site is 20/20. But why is it ok for him to have a college injury and take a "chance" but not take a "chance" on a QB that has all the raw tallent in the world, arm smarts and attitude? I know QB is more important than CB, I know Brodie has had his share of injuries too. I have no problem drafting a later round QB in this years draft for good measure but I trueily believe that Brodie Croyle with time and patience can learn and become a damn good Pro Bowl QB for a long time for us hopefully SB bound. Unless he playes he can't prove himself. If he gets hurt then Tyler Thigpen would get a shot at it. We still need to draft good football players this year and next too become what we need to be and we are going to have to take our medicine and get better, grow as a team.

milkman
03-08-2008, 11:18 PM
Well Antonio Cromartie was a high risk high reward type player, considering his injury missing a bunch of college games. >Did not play in 2005 after having surgery to repair left ACL, LCL and hamstring tendon< according to Street &Smith's 2006 Pro Football Draft guide pg116(you can look up a link). I'm sure his injury had him nocked down on some teams boards as well.

So, IMO he is just as at risk for the Chargers as Brodie is for us. Good call on Antonio I personally was hoping he wouldn't go to the Chargers or in the AFCW unless we got him cus I knew he could replace Ty Law but with risk with the ACL yes he would be worth it now that hynd site is 20/20. But why is it ok for him to have a college injury and take a "chance" but not take a "chance" on a QB that has all the raw tallent in the world, arm smarts and attitude? I know QB is more important than CB, I know Brodie has had his share of injuries too. I have no problem drafting a later round QB in this years draft for good measure but I trueily believe that Brodie Croyle with time and patience can learn and become a damn good Pro Bowl QB for a long time for us hopefully SB bound. Unless he playes he can't prove himself. If he gets hurt then Tyler Thigpen would get a shot at it. We still need to draft good football players this year and next too become what we need to be and we are going to have to take our medicine and get better, grow as a team.

Cromartie had one injury.

Brody Croyle has a history of injuries.

That's injuries, not injury

Rasputin
03-09-2008, 01:01 AM
Cromartie had one injury.

Brody Croyle has a history of injuries.

That's injuries, not injury

I am very aware of Brodies injurIES. He still IMO is worth the risk and go with him this year and let him prove himself. We can draft a later round QB if need be but Brodie has the tallent and smarts to get the job done. He needs experience and a ****** OL and some GD better plays to be called on game day. I don't even care if we draft a QB at #5 cus God knows we haven't done that in over 20 years... Let them compete it out. We should just draft a QB in every round so we can get the right guy. I think Brodie can beat out any QB we draft any ways. I want them to pick the best players that give us the best chance to WIN a SuperBowl. We got to build a team, we have no team unity on the OL what so ever we don't have to get it in the first round but heavy in this draft. Brodie is the one who has to prove himself and I think he will JMO. My opinion is not going to change about him nomatter how much somebody says he is injury prone, I think he is going to be great. A year from now I can say I was right about Brodie or I could say I was wrong about Brodie and you can say you were right about him. I sure wish I had the vision to see the future.

OnTheWarpath15
03-09-2008, 07:26 AM
But it's not prudent to ignore it, either.

In Brody Croyle's brief NFL career, he's been injured and missed games.

In Brody Croyle's college career, he was injured and missed games.

In Brody's Croyle's high school career he was injured.

This guy is most certainly no iron man. IF he had never been injured, he likely would have been a first round choice.

But it's not prudent to ignore Croyle's history of injury.

I never said ANYTHING about ignoring it.

Someone said they GUARANTEED Croyle would be hurt next year. Period.

milkman
03-09-2008, 08:55 AM
I am very aware of Brodies injurIES. He still IMO is worth the risk and go with him this year and let him prove himself. We can draft a later round QB if need be but Brodie has the tallent and smarts to get the job done. He needs experience and a ****** OL and some GD better plays to be called on game day. I don't even care if we draft a QB at #5 cus God knows we haven't done that in over 20 years... Let them compete it out. We should just draft a QB in every round so we can get the right guy. I think Brodie can beat out any QB we draft any ways. I want them to pick the best players that give us the best chance to WIN a SuperBowl. We got to build a team, we have no team unity on the OL what so ever we don't have to get it in the first round but heavy in this draft. Brodie is the one who has to prove himself and I think he will JMO. My opinion is not going to change about him nomatter how much somebody says he is injury prone, I think he is going to be great. A year from now I can say I was right about Brodie or I could say I was wrong about Brodie and you can say you were right about him. I sure wish I had the vision to see the future.

I'm not here promoting the idea of drafting a QB.

I am here just pointing out the stupidity of your post comparing Cromartie's one injury to Croyle's injury history.

Coogs
03-09-2008, 09:07 AM

QFT

htismaqe,

I feel pretty stupid for asking this, but what does QFT stand for?

OnTheWarpath15
03-09-2008, 09:08 AM
htismaqe,

Quoted

For

Truth

Coogs
03-09-2008, 09:13 AM
Quoted

For

Truth

:thumb:

Thanks OTW58! I have seen that posted many times over the past few weeks, and I could not string together what it stood for. I was trying to have the F part stand for something else. :D

milkman
03-09-2008, 09:14 AM
htismaqe,

Don't worry Coogs.

We all feel you're stupid.

:D

:p

Coogs
03-09-2008, 09:16 AM
Don't worry Coogs.

We all feel you're stupid.

:p

Unfortunately, you are probably correct! :)

beach tribe
03-09-2008, 10:50 AM

I believe this is what you're refering to Mllkman.

The great mecca has spoken. Did you know he can also tell how good college QBs are going to be before they ever play their final season? He's good.:rolleyes:

beach tribe
03-09-2008, 10:51 AM
I'm sorry it's OTWP 58 who was needing the Croyle injury gaurantee.

Mecca
03-09-2008, 01:56 PM
Making a projection really isn't that hard....if anyone was betting on Croyle getting injured most would bet yes to it...

And as far as projecting QB's for next year have you seen the class? It isn't impressive..it's guys like Tim Tebow, Matt Stafford and Colt McCoy...

alanm
03-09-2008, 07:19 PM
Why haven't you submitted your resume to the front office. Oh that's right, they'd roll your ass right down the front steps.:D

Mecca
03-09-2008, 07:27 PM
Why haven't you submitted your resume to the front office. Oh that's right, they'd roll your ass right down the front steps.:D

Carl wouldn't be a fan of someone telling him that his pick sucks...

shaneo69
03-09-2008, 07:50 PM

I don't. I put you up there on the level of Hootie when it comes to player evaluation.

Dwayne fuggin Jarrett.

Mecca
03-09-2008, 08:13 PM
Ah yes the Jarrett thing after 1 year.......lets understand WR's generally take time, especially ones that aren't that polished such as Jarrett.

shaneo69
03-09-2008, 08:25 PM
Ah yes the Jarrett thing after 1 year.......lets understand WR's generally take time, especially ones that aren't that polished such as Jarrett.

Except for Bowe. And Jarrett was as polished a WR as there is coming out of college, considering he played at USC.

But apparently Carolina was so happy with his progress that they went out and signed 40 year old Mushin Muhammed to start opposite Smith.

Mecca
03-09-2008, 08:38 PM
Um Jarrett really isn't polished...he dominated in college but he was never a great route runner or anything like that. I even acknowledged after the pick that Bowe was more ready and more polished than Jarrett was.

Let's also understand Bowe is 2 years older than Jarrett.

shaneo69
03-09-2008, 08:47 PM
^
Well I hope in the two years that Jarrett has to catch up with Bowe, he learns to run faster.