PDA

View Full Version : DeNero + Pacino = "Righteous Kill"

Deberg_1990
03-08-2008, 04:59 PM
Decent looking trailer. Although nowhere near the class of "Heat"

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809921377/video/6844963/

Fire Me Boy!
03-08-2008, 05:23 PM
I'd watch Pacino take a crap, so yeah.... I'll be seeing this.

MIAdragon
03-08-2008, 05:28 PM
Instant Classic?

beach tribe
03-08-2008, 05:56 PM
**** yea.

HolmeZz
03-08-2008, 05:58 PM
Shot in the not-so great city of New Haven, Connecticut.

Tribal Warfare
03-08-2008, 06:01 PM
50 cent's rollin with the big boys now

DaneMcCloud
03-08-2008, 06:23 PM
Decent looking trailer. Although nowhere near the class of "Heat"

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809921377/video/6844963/

DeNiro & Pacino never shared a scene in Heat. When they're in the diner having a discussion, it wasn't filmed with both actors. Those scenes were filmed separately with stand-ins for each.

Deberg_1990
03-08-2008, 06:32 PM
DeNiro & Pacino never shared a scene in Heat. When they're in the diner having a discussion, it wasn't filmed with both actors. Those scenes were filmed separately with stand-ins for each.

Oh brother......not this old urban legend again..

If you watch it in widescreen, you can clearly see they are both in the frame together.

BTW, thats a great scene. Great "tough guy" dialogue.

Bump
03-08-2008, 06:36 PM

If you watch it in widescreen, you can clearly see they are both in the frame together.

one of the best scenes of all time in the history of film!

kcxiv
"Nothing wrong with a little shooting as long as the right people get shot"

Deberg_1990
one of the best scenes of all time in the history of film!

Agreed.

CoMoChief
03-08-2008, 06:39 PM
I'd watch Pacino take a crap.

uhhh gross:eek:

Taco John
03-08-2008, 06:44 PM
looks much better than the long-winded and over-rated Heat.

Bump
03-08-2008, 06:48 PM

boooo, Heat is a great film

Deberg_1990
03-08-2008, 06:51 PM

Blasphemy!!

Taco John
03-08-2008, 07:00 PM
boooo, Heat is a great film

I liked it, but I think it's overrated.

siberian khatru
03-08-2008, 07:22 PM

http://www.portfolio.com/images/feeds/blogs/heat-large.jpg

Fire Me Boy!
03-08-2008, 07:33 PM

Not true.

Pacino also addressed that in his Inside the Actor's Studio. He did comment, however, that they did not rehearse.

Easy 6
03-08-2008, 09:02 PM
Anytime these two get together, i'm going to bet its a great script & that the acting will be pure genius...each playing off the other like fine instruments.

I'll see this one.

DaneMcCloud
03-08-2008, 10:57 PM

Well, whatever.

Take it FWIW but I was seeing a girl who was a P.A. on that film during the time of the shooting. She told me implicitly that they were not on set at the same time during that shoot and that the scene you referenced was a composite done in Post.

Jenson71
03-09-2008, 03:03 AM
Well, whatever.

Take it FWIW but I was seeing a girl who was a P.A. on that film during the time of the shooting. She told me implicitly that they were not on set at the same time during that shoot and that the scene you referenced was a composite done in Post.

Similar to Peter during the Transfiguration, it is possible that seeing that much greatness in one five square foot area is too much for the average human being, thereby blurring her sanity and distorting all reality.

InChiefsHeaven
03-09-2008, 08:50 AM
this looks awesome, two of the greatest actors out there...

...so, why do people think they were not together in Heat? What, do they hate each other in real life or something?

kstater
03-09-2008, 08:59 AM
Well, whatever.

Well my second cousin was dating Pacino's dog walker when they filmed this movie. He told me his girlfriend was picking up the dog crap while they shot this scene and implicitly saw them together in this scene.

Fire Me Boy!
03-09-2008, 09:19 AM
Well, whatever.

It's been one of those "legends" for a long time. No offense, but I'll take the director's word, Pacino and Deniro's word over your ex who was a production assistant, and very possibly never was actually on the set during that scene.

And in any case, there are scenes later in the movie (the chase toward the end) where it's obvious and clear they were in the scene together.

Jenson71
03-09-2008, 10:56 AM
this looks awesome, two of the greatest actors out there...

...so, why do people think they were not together in Heat? What, do they hate each other in real life or something?

Nope, they like and respect each other fine. In all the interviews and books I've listened to and read, they say that, and how as soon as the right project comes along, they want to work with eachother again.

Gonzo
03-09-2008, 12:23 PM

And there was a dead kid wacking off and eating tapioca pudding in the background of three men and a baby. :spock:

DaneMcCloud
03-09-2008, 12:58 PM
It's been one of those "legends" for a long time. No offense, but I'll take the director's word, Pacino and Deniro's word over your ex who was a production assistant, and very possibly never was actually on the set during that scene.

And in any case, there are scenes later in the movie (the chase toward the end) where it's obvious and clear they were in the scene together.

That's fine. I'm just telling you what I know. And she wasn't an "ex", just a girl I was casually seeing. More like a good friend than anything.

But she did call me every night during the shoot and told me what was happening and after we saw the movie together, she explained exactly was she was describing.

No offense, but these people (actors, directors, etc.) lie to the public all the time. They don't want to ruin the illusion.

Simply Red
03-09-2008, 05:47 PM
Wow. Looks good. Thanks for the heads up.

Fire Me Boy!
03-09-2008, 07:15 PM
That's fine. I'm just telling you what I know. And she wasn't an "ex", just a girl I was casually seeing. More like a good friend than anything.

But she did call me every night during the shoot and told me what was happening and after we saw the movie together, she explained exactly was she was describing.

No offense, but these people (actors, directors, etc.) lie to the public all the time. They don't want to ruin the illusion.

It's just interesting to me that that rumor never popped up until the pan and scan version on VHS/DVD.

jspchief
03-10-2008, 08:13 AM
I don't get all the Pacino hype. The guy has become a freakin caricature of himself.

Brock
03-10-2008, 08:25 AM
I don't get all the Pacino hype. The guy has become a freakin caricature of himself.

Yeah, he plays the same guy in every movie these days. It's hard to believe it's the same guy who played Michael Corleone way back when.

Fire Me Boy!
03-10-2008, 08:26 AM
It just takes a special director to get him out of his norm, if you ask me.

Did you see Insomnia? Then again, did you see Merchant of Venice? Or Angels in America?

chagrin
03-10-2008, 09:59 AM
Anytime these two get together

If we could get a transcript of this, that would be cool - I'd like to see the truth finally on this

Deberg_1990
03-10-2008, 01:18 PM

Pretty much agree. But hes still cool.

Ever since "Scent of a Woman" hes pretty much played a variation of that same Col. character. "Hoo-Ah!"

Fire Me Boy!
03-10-2008, 01:47 PM

Ever since "Scent of a Woman" hes pretty much played a variation of that same Col. character. "Hoo-Ah!"

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=4623600&postcount=32

Brock
03-10-2008, 01:48 PM

Agreed. It's formulaic and cliched. Can't say enough about his nuanced, understated performances in GF and GF2. What a fall he's taken.

chagrin
03-10-2008, 01:54 PM
Agreed. It's formulaic and cliched. Can't say enough about his nuanced, understated performances in GF and GF2. What a fall he's taken.

I'd like to add Dog Day Afternoon, ...And Justice For All - two of my all time favorites.

DaneMcCloud
03-10-2008, 02:13 PM

"Gigli" takes the cake. I don't know how or why he agreed to take that role but whoever is advising him needs to be fired, yesterday.

C'mom, Al!

Deberg_1990
03-10-2008, 03:35 PM
Oh i forgot about Donnie Brasco. He was good in that. It was a nice low key performance.