PDA

View Full Version : Batman or Superman?

Jenson71
03-11-2008, 07:57 PM
Which one do you like better?

Batman for me. I grew up watching the reruns of that old 60s show, and loved the Burton films. The Nolan film(s) make the story even cooler.

greg63
03-11-2008, 07:58 PM
Superman

KcMizzou
03-11-2008, 07:59 PM
Batman. Superman's too powerful. And he's a goody two-shoes.

memyselfI
03-11-2008, 08:01 PM
Michael Keaton was AWESOME as Batman.

Sully
03-11-2008, 08:01 PM
Batman.
Not even close.
No superpowers... just kicks ass.
A Dark side... a "real" seeming guy (other than being insane and rich).

CrazyPhuD
03-11-2008, 08:02 PM
Easy Batgirl trumps superwoman

sedated
03-11-2008, 08:04 PM
Definitely Batman.

Superman had virtually no weakness. What's the fun in that?

At least as a kid you can really imagine yourself being a hero like Batman.
"Could I one day be rich and learn martial arts? Yes!"
"Could I one day learn to fly and deflect bullets? Depends on the drugs."

irishjayhawk
03-11-2008, 08:06 PM
Definitely Batman.

Superman had virtually no weakness. What's the fun in that?

At least as a kid you can really imagine yourself being a hero like Batman.
"Could I one day be rich and learn martial arts? Yes!"
"Could I one day learn to fly and deflect bullets? Depends on the drugs."

Exactly.

Batman is an ordinary person doing extraordinary things.

We need a Batman icon.

Deberg_1990
03-11-2008, 08:09 PM
Superman. I grew up loving Superman 1 and 2 in the late 70's and early 80s.

BTW, the Batman and Superman cartoon shows in the 90's were very well made.

Batman isnt techincally a "Superhero" since he has no "Superpowers" But hes still cool.

No love for Marvel heros??

CoMoChief
03-11-2008, 08:10 PM
Batman is smarter. And he has the biggest cock on Earth.

DaKCMan AP
03-11-2008, 08:10 PM
Not a big fan of any comic book stuff, but gotta go with Superman. Batman is just a rich kid playing with expensive toys. Superman has legit superpowers.

However, Superman hasn't got shit on Tim Tebow.

http://www.gatorenvy.com/tebow-comic.jpg

03-11-2008, 08:15 PM
I love both characters but overall, I would have to go with Superman.

BWillie
03-11-2008, 08:16 PM
Batman hands down. Superman is an alien and is too moral. Batman isn't even a superhero that is what is so cool about him. He's not. He's just a rich dude who's pissed off. He has like a million dollar car, a huge mansion, a butler, and has people to make his weaponry and bat suits.

The Punisher however is much cooler than any superhero. He just knows how to kick some ass.

JBucc
03-11-2008, 08:18 PM
Batman is way cooler. For the reasons mentioned above mostly. I especially like that he has a way to kill all the other superheroes just in case.

Deberg_1990
03-11-2008, 08:23 PM
What about when they team up? Like Justice League?

No love for Aquaman??

sedated
03-11-2008, 08:27 PM

I always preferred Wolverine

03-11-2008, 08:36 PM
What about when they team up? Like Justice League?

No love for Aquaman??

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OkDPM5j_6hk&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OkDPM5j_6hk&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkDPM5j_6hk)

Iowanian
03-11-2008, 08:42 PM
they both wear "Iowanian" pajamas and are bidding on my copyrighted nightlight on ebay.

Fire Me Boy!
03-11-2008, 08:47 PM
Batman. Superman's too powerful. And he's a goody two-shoes.

Clearly you don't remember:

Superman III
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/3/36/EvilSupermanCloseup.jpg

or

Superman IV
http://www.scifimoviepage.com/images/superma4.jpg

03-11-2008, 08:54 PM
Clearly you don't remember:

Superman III
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/3/36/EvilSupermanCloseup.jpg

or

Superman IV
http://www.scifimoviepage.com/images/superma4.jpg
As far as I'm concerned those two movies never happened.

Priest4Prez
03-11-2008, 08:55 PM
Which one do you like better?

Batman for me. I grew up watching the reruns of that old 60s show, and loved the Burton films. The Nolan film(s) make the story even cooler.

Dude, spiderman kicks both their asses. Gotta love a nerd who gets bit by a genetically modified spider.

KCChiefsMan
03-11-2008, 08:55 PM
Batman FTW!!!

Hays
03-11-2008, 08:56 PM
Has to be batman, he has all the gadgets and is a brainiac. He thinks of everything. Superman just barges in and uses sheer power to win.

Ebolapox
03-11-2008, 08:56 PM
batman by a mile. superman's just a lucky bitch who happened to have his parents send him to the right planet--outside of earth, without the sun's rays, he has no powers.

what I love about batman is that if bill gates ever got pissed off enough, he could be a real life f*cking batman--that would rock. not that I'm a huge gates fan, but I like the idea of rich bastards getting pissed off and spending billions to become real life superheroes. that somehow comforts me.

sedated
03-11-2008, 09:02 PM
if bill gates ever got pissed off enough, he could be a real life f*cking batman

no f*cking way bill gates is cool enough to be Batman

Ebolapox
03-11-2008, 09:05 PM
no f*cking way bill gates is cool enough to be Batman

with enough money, he could buy enough coolness points to pull it off. bank on it.

KCChiefsMan
03-11-2008, 09:07 PM
batman by a mile. superman's just a lucky bitch who happened to have his parents send him to the right planet--outside of earth, without the sun's rays, he has no powers.

what I love about batman is that if bill gates ever got pissed off enough, he could be a real life f*cking batman--that would rock. not that I'm a huge gates fan, but I like the idea of rich bastards getting pissed off and spending billions to become real life superheroes. that somehow comforts me.

it would be nice if we had a modern day vigilante, walking the streets at night and going after the bad guys. Alot of pu$$y $hit people would cry about it, "we have a justice system, who gives him the right to be the judge, the jury and the executioner...blah blah blah" but I think that's what our country needs. A bad ass vigilante in every city! Crime might go down, maybe.

Ebolapox
03-11-2008, 09:14 PM
it would be nice if we had a modern day vigilante, walking the streets at night and going after the bad guys. Alot of pu$$y $hit people would cry about it, "we have a justice system, who gives him the right to be the judge, the jury and the executioner...blah blah blah" but I think that's what our country needs. A bad ass vigilante in every city! Crime might go down, maybe.

but only if he wears a guy fawkes mask. :harumph:

Bowser
03-11-2008, 09:14 PM
They're neck-in-neck. Depends on which movie I've seen between the two the last. :)

With animation the way it is today, I would love to see the graphic novel of "The Dark Knight Returns" made. Very dark, with Superman as a government agent. Great read for the comic book geeks. And on the Marvel side of things, I wish they'd make an animated Secret Wars show. That would completely kick ass, especially if they followed it up with the Infinity Gauntlet. [/nerd]

Tribal Warfare
03-11-2008, 09:17 PM
Superman no doubt

DaKCMan AP
03-11-2008, 09:34 PM
You're all just a bunch of jealous, disgruntled average joes. If you were a real superhero like me you would know that Batman is just a spoiled, rich impostor and you'd vote Superman.

Deberg_1990
03-11-2008, 09:36 PM
it would be nice if we had a modern day vigilante, walking the streets at night and going after the bad guys.

Too bad Charles Bronson passed away a few years back..

Psyko Tek
03-11-2008, 09:38 PM
Supes can't be hurt by conventional means

doesn't take a lot to stop an armed robber or run into a burning building that way

Bats does all this and has no powers

Batman wins on Brass Balls alone

Silock
03-11-2008, 09:43 PM
For me, it used to be Batman, but lately, it's Superman. With Smallville and the new Superman movie, combined with the absolute greatness of some of the great story arcs like the Death of Superman, I can honestly say that I prefer Superman. That doesn't mean I don't think Batman is badass, though. I enjoy both, but Superman slightly more.

03-11-2008, 09:44 PM
For me, it used to be Batman, but lately, it's Superman. With Smallville and the new Superman movie, combined with the absolute greatness of some of the great story arcs like the Death of Superman, I can honestly say that I prefer Superman. That doesn't mean I don't think Batman is badass, though. I enjoy both, but Superman slightly more.

Well said.:clap:

Ebolapox
03-11-2008, 09:49 PM
Too bad Charles Bronson passed away a few years back..

you underestimate the powers of robert loggia

ThaVirus
03-11-2008, 09:51 PM
Batman, no questions asked. But he only comes in second to Spider-Man...

blueballs
03-12-2008, 12:50 AM
It takes Clark Kent to long to find a phone booth

Valiant
03-12-2008, 01:33 AM

Batman isnt techincally a "Superhero" since he has no "Superpowers" But hes still cool.

His brain and supergadgets substitute superpowers..

Valiant
03-12-2008, 01:34 AM
Justice League and Justice League Ultimate are awesome..

a1na2
03-12-2008, 01:37 AM
Has to be batman, he has all the gadgets and is a brainiac. He thinks of everything. Superman just barges in and uses sheer power to win.

I disagree, Superman uses invulnerability to handle the bad guys. Superman is not brave, he is invincible (someone has that as a signature).

I'm not too impressed with fantasy figures. I'm looking for a real hero to look up to. Unfortunately there are no superhero's to save us, we are on our own.

DaKCMan AP
03-12-2008, 05:44 AM
I'm not too impressed with fantasy figures. I'm looking for a real hero to look up to. Unfortunately there are no superhero's to save us, we are on our own.

Little do you know..

suds79
03-12-2008, 06:53 AM
For me it's no so much that Batman wins it, it's more of that the read and light blue tights of Superman loses it.... A little to much on the gay side for me. :D

DaKCMan AP
03-12-2008, 07:02 AM
For me it's no so much that Batman wins it, it's more of that the read and light blue tights of Superman loses it.... A little to much on the gay side for me. :D

Don't lie, we all know who your favorite superheros are:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e9/Tv_snl_ambiguously_flying.jpg

Stryker
03-12-2008, 07:07 AM

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

kc rush
03-12-2008, 07:11 AM
Batman all the way. Superman's invincibility is boring.

keg in kc
03-12-2008, 07:20 AM
I'd say Batman, although I'm a big fan of Supes. Dark and violent is more my style.

mikey23545
03-12-2008, 07:36 AM
I guess it's a sign of our increasingly disgusting society that the main flaw in Superman's character is (according to internet intelligentsia) he's "too moral".

Ultra Peanut
03-12-2008, 07:51 AM
Deadpool.

Easy 6
03-12-2008, 08:09 AM

Good Work!!!...Friend of Friends.

Its gotta be BATMAN.

The Franchise
03-12-2008, 09:44 AM
I guess it's a sign of our increasingly disgusting society that the main flaw in Superman's character is (according to internet intelligentsia) he's "too moral".

It's not a "too moral" thing for me. To me it's obvious that Superman was created for an older generation of kids. Batman transcends generations.

Batman technically isn't a superhero.....but that's what makes him so interesting. Batman can be taken out by anybody at anytime. Superman can be taken out by a green rock.

Frosty
03-12-2008, 10:00 AM
Neither, but if I had to choose, it would be Batman.

When I was a kid, most of the DC superheroes were too perfect and thus - boring. The only DC superhero that I liked was the Flash. I understand that DC darkened the characters later on, but I was out of comics by then. I really enjoyed the animated Justice League Unlimited series. The characters had definitely taken on a Marvel-like flavor in that show.

The flawed superheroes of Marvel were a lot more interesting (and easier to vicariously live through). Spider-man was my favorite, by far. Later on, I also really enjoyed X-Men, though it got a bit preachy at times.

kaplin42
03-12-2008, 10:29 AM

Yeah the Batman and Superman cartoons rocked. Batman was better, as it seemed to me. Then you have the Justice League and the Justice League Unlimeted, which I own all of them and love. I do think its funny though, cause Batman kicks ass in those cartoons and Superman is such a whiny biatch. Hell even Superman cowers before Batman, I love it. I think the only time Superman shows some balls is the last episode.

Oh, and Batman all the way. He is just a cooler character.

The Franchise
03-12-2008, 10:30 AM
If I had to go with my favorite superhero ever....I'd go with Spawn.

suds79
03-12-2008, 11:08 AM

ROFL Bravo :clap:

penguinz
03-12-2008, 11:12 AM
Michael Keaton was AWESOME as Batman.
wrong

teedubya
03-12-2008, 11:38 AM
Yeah, but which one would you want to BE. Definitely Superman.

StcChief
03-12-2008, 11:45 AM
Batman.... not effected by Kryptonite

Mr. Laz
03-12-2008, 11:53 AM
Depends on what you're looking for..

best movies - Batman
most interesting character - Batman
biggest ass kicker - superman
coolest toys and shiite - Batman
smoothest - Batman
who would your rather BE? - superman

last question is a biggie though ....... nobody in their right mind would choose to be Batman over Superman.

milkman
03-12-2008, 11:59 AM
Depends on what your looking for..

best movies - Batman
most interesting character - Batman
biggest ass kicker - superman
coolest toys and shiite - Batman
smoothest - Batman
who would your rather BE? - superman

last question is a biggie though ....... nobody in their right mind would choose to be Batman over Superman.

I would want to be Superman, but I'd hope to have a smarter group of friends.

I mean, I wear glasses at work, and when I take them off, nobody recognizes me.:rolleyes:

And, come to think of it, what kind of dumbass thinks that glasses is some kind of impenetrable disguise?

suds79
03-12-2008, 12:05 PM
Yeah, but which one would you want to BE. Definitely Superman.

Well if we're playing that game, you can be Superman, I'll be Tom Brady. :D :hump::hump::hump:

Pretty sure his life would be better. :thumb:

Halfcan
03-12-2008, 04:06 PM
batman is the shizzle

cardken
03-13-2008, 08:57 AM
Loved them both, but more of a Superman Fan. BTW,did he being an alien resident, get a Green Card or Naturalize. Or did he come here to take jobs american law enforcment would'nt do?:doh!:

Sure-Oz
03-13-2008, 08:58 AM
Love both characters but have been a bigger fan of Batman...

gblowfish
03-13-2008, 09:05 AM
I love all Jewish superheroes.

a1na2
03-15-2008, 09:19 PM
Little do you know..

So which fantasy world are you living in?