PDA

View Full Version : Underworld: Rise of the Lycans' cast (no Beckinsale)

Tribal Warfare
03-12-2008, 12:41 AM
http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/11125

Bloody-Disgusting has learned this evening that Steven MacKintosh (Underworld: Evolution) and Kevin Grievoux (Underworld) are both returning to the land of vampires and werewolves in Sony Screen Gems' Underworld 3: The Rise of the Lycans. They will star alongside Michael Sheen, Rhona Mitra, Bill Nighy and Shane Brolly in the prequel that is set in the Dark Ages and traces the origins of the centuries-old blood feud between the aristocratic vampires and their one-time werewolf slaves, the Lycans. Shooting has already begun in Auckland, New Zealand.

ChiefFan31
03-12-2008, 12:52 AM
I had read a bit ago there she might not be in the third one. Lame.

Tis a shame that there is no Beckinsale. She is that series.

Still, hoping the movie might be decent, and sound as good as the first two.

RustShack
03-12-2008, 01:07 AM
I liked the first two, they were pretty bad ass. I can't wait to watch this one, whos the one that wont be in it? If its one of the main people thats just lame.

Tribal Warfare
03-12-2008, 01:08 AM
I had read a bit ago there she might not be in the third one. Lame.

Tis a shame that there is no Beckinsale. She is that series.

Still, hoping the movie might be decent, and sound as good as the first two.

Yes, but they are in talks with a sequel to Underworld with Kate included

Tribal Warfare
03-12-2008, 01:12 AM
I liked the first two, they were pretty bad ass. I can't wait to watch this one, whos the one that wont be in it? If its one of the main people thats just lame.

You know what Evolution was practically my idea. I was posting possible concepts how a sequel would work on their message boards. I almost shit myself when I saw they took 80-90% of my ideas

DaneMcCloud
03-12-2008, 01:31 AM
Rhona Mitra is smokin' hot.

IMO, hotter than Beckinsale.

BigMeatballDave
03-12-2008, 01:37 AM

IMO, hotter than Beckinsale.Hot, yes. Hotter than Beckinsale, NO.

DaneMcCloud
03-12-2008, 01:40 AM
Hot, yes. Hotter than Beckinsale, NO.

Beckinsale is very pretty, but her freckled fake boobs are a major turn off for me.

Rhona looks like Kate's younger sister but hotter.

To each, his own.

Chiefmanwillcatch
03-12-2008, 02:27 AM
Why talk up a movie with no nudity of KB?

I don't get you guys. This regurgitated sequel just like Borne has jumped the shark.

Braincase
03-12-2008, 05:36 AM
Hopefully she'll be starring in Underwear: Rise of Myjohnson soon.

Otter
03-12-2008, 06:52 AM

IMO, hotter than Beckinsale.

I'll second that notion; she was the only reason I watched Nip Tuck. Beckinsale was hotter in the Underworld Movies but put a picture of them side by side in what they look like in every day life and Rhona is hotter. Which in turn means they should be able to make her hotter in the movie.

Logic works for me. :drool:

On a side note, I know a girl from my hometown who is a 10 year younger spitting image of Rhona Mitra. To top it off she's the daughter of an ex-donko lineman.

KevB
03-12-2008, 07:15 AM
I'll second that notion; she was the only reason I watched Nip Tuck. Beckinsale was hotter in the Underworld Movies but put a picture of them side by side in what they look like in every day life and Rhona is hotter. Which in turn means they should be able to make her hotter in the movie.

One of the things I really like about Beckinsale is that she's very pretty in "real life" as well. At least in the pics I've seen. She doesn't seem to be one of the Hollywood stars that needs to be made up to really stand out. I'll not argue between who is hotter between she and Mitra....they're both hot. I prefer Beckinsale, but wouldn't argue with someone that thinks otherwise.

Otter
03-12-2008, 07:17 AM
One of the things I really like about Beckinsale is that she's very pretty in "real life" as well. At least in the pics I've seen. She doesn't seem to be one of the Hollywood stars that needs to be made up to really stand out. I'll not argue between who is hotter between she and Mitra....they're both hot. I prefer Beckinsale, but wouldn't argue with someone that thinks otherwise.

In reality that's what it comes down too. I wouldn't throw either of them out of bed for eating crack-ers.

keg in kc
03-12-2008, 07:19 AM
In reality that's what it comes down too. I wouldn't throw either of them out of bed for eating crack-ers.I think it would take crack to get any of them in bed with any of us.

El Jefe
03-12-2008, 07:19 AM

I agree I have both on DVD. Beckinsale is Underworld, and yes that is very lame.

Otter
03-12-2008, 07:43 AM
I think it would take crack to get any of them in bed with any of us.

If by crack you mean a beach side house in Malibu with a hot tub, pool, Porsche & BMW in the garage and $5000 worth of uncut Columbian blow in cookie jar next to the bed I think you're right.

Halfcan
03-12-2008, 04:14 PM
should be badass

BigVE
03-12-2008, 04:39 PM
No Kate? No way.

Halfcan
03-12-2008, 04:42 PM
No Kate? No way.

its not like they were going to have any blantant titty shots anyway

ThaVirus
03-12-2008, 07:54 PM
This sounds more appealing to me than an Underworld sequel, honestly. I think the idea of the hybrids is pretty cool, but it could get a little out of hand. Besides, with every single elder of both species dead, there's no one to challenge Michael and Selene...Anyway, Lucian was one of my favorite movie characters in a while and I'm excited to see him and Raze back in action.

Mr. Laz
03-12-2008, 08:09 PM
Beckinsale is very pretty, but her freckled fake boobs are a major turn off for me.ROFLROFL

Bowser
03-12-2008, 08:25 PM
Beckinsale is very pretty, but her freckled fake boobs are a major turn off for me.

Rhona looks like Kate's younger sister but hotter.

To each, his own.

You will need to provide pictures to back this statement up.

And I agree with an earlier post - Kate Beckinsale's character was the backbone of the franchise. Plus, she looks like a goddess in that leather outfit. :drool:

Tribal Warfare
03-12-2008, 09:22 PM
This sounds more appealing to me than an Underworld sequel, honestly. I think the idea of the hybrids is pretty cool, but it could get a little out of hand. Besides, with every single elder of both species dead, there's no one to challenge Michael and Selene...Anyway, Lucian was one of my favorite movie characters in a while and I'm excited to see him and Raze back in action.

Ziodex industries could engineer an army of Hybrids through Marcus's and William's blood. Not to mention the two will have to face the New World Coven in America

DaneMcCloud
03-12-2008, 09:25 PM
You will need to provide pictures to back this statement up.

And I agree with an earlier post - Kate Beckinsale's character was the backbone of the franchise. Plus, she looks like a goddess in that leather outfit. :drool:

Oh boy, the old "proof" thing.

I'll have to see if I can dig up links that my wife has sent me in the past. And I think there might be a pic in one of our Los Angeles Magazines, but that'll take some digging.

Trust me, I'm not making this up. I thought she was totally, unbelievably hot until one of the paparazzi got her un-Photoshopped.

Then she just went to totally hot.

Bowser
03-12-2008, 09:43 PM
Oh boy, the old "proof" thing.

I'll have to see if I can dig up links that my wife has sent me in the past. And I think there might be a pic in one of our Los Angeles Magazines, but that'll take some digging.

Trust me, I'm not making this up. I thought she was totally, unbelievably hot until one of the paparazzi got her un-Photoshopped.

Then she just went to totally hot.

You're right She DOES kind of look like Kate's little sis. Maybe cousin...

Bowser
03-12-2008, 09:44 PM
Countdown until that idiot Chiefmanwillgetyou shows upand tells us all she's an ugly, filthy, dirty, diseased ridden whooor.....

ThaVirus
03-12-2008, 09:45 PM
Ziodex industries could engineer an army of Hybrids through Marcus's and William's blood. Not to mention the two will have to face the New World Coven in America

An army of engineered hybrids ? That's what I meant by 'getting out of hand'. It could be cool if done right, but I wouldn't want to risk it. I also don't think the New Coven would pose a threat. What are a bunch of bitch ass, aristocrat vampires gonna do to Michael and Selene ? Any vampire that was worth a shit is already dead and Michael alone could take anyone left standing, not to mention Selene, who has no weaknesses...

Bowser
03-12-2008, 09:48 PM

All right, I need an explanation. At the end of Evolution, was Selene no londer a vampire, and Michael no longer a hybrid? I ask because she was standing in the sunlight, and her eyes went back to their natural color, and all the elders were dead.

Bowser
03-12-2008, 09:50 PM

Were they referenced in the movie(s)?

ThaVirus
03-12-2008, 10:06 PM
All right, I need an explanation. At the end of Evolution, was Selene no londer a vampire, and Michael no longer a hybrid? I ask because she was standing in the sunlight, and her eyes went back to their natural color, and all the elders were dead.

I'm pretty sure Selene became more than a vampire when she drank Alexander's blood. Now she's a vampire infected with the pure Corvinus Strain, giving her more strength, speed, faster healing, and allowing her to withstand sunlight (a true immortal). I believe Michael is still a lycan-vampire hybrid...Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-12-2008, 10:07 PM
Goal # 43 of my life was to inseminate Kate Beckinsale....still waiting.

DaneMcCloud
03-12-2008, 10:08 PM
You're right She DOES kind of look like Kate's little sis. Maybe cousin...

Dude,

She is sooooo hot. I LOVE her lips.

And her accent is a little thicker.

Bowser
03-12-2008, 10:09 PM
Dude,

She is sooooo hot. I LOVE her lips.

And her accent is a little thicker.

Hot, indeed.

What other stuff has she been in?

Tribal Warfare
03-12-2008, 10:16 PM
Were they referenced in the movie(s)?

the 1st one when that one vamp was talking about the Coven over seas in America when he was raising his glass (and it's in the book)

Tribal Warfare
03-12-2008, 10:18 PM

She became a stronger hybrid herself when she imbibed Corvinus's blood. Michael is still a hybrid

Tribal Warfare
03-12-2008, 10:21 PM
An army of engineered hybrids ? That's what I meant by 'getting out of hand'. It could be cool if done right, but I wouldn't want to risk it. I also don't think the New Coven would pose a threat. What are a bunch of bitch ass, aristocrat vampires gonna do to Michael and Selene ? Any vampire that was worth a shit is already dead and Michael alone could take anyone left standing, not to mention Selene, who has no weaknesses...

Easy the vamps have the money to eliminate the two the vamps could create a virus that's capable of making the Corvinus pure strain a poison in their veins.The hybrid's thing would be like Neo fighting Agent Smith(s) with that the two could have a child who would save them both, and sincethey're would be a time skip the child would be adult killing several Vamps and hybrids

DaneMcCloud
03-12-2008, 10:27 PM
Hot, indeed.

What other stuff has she been in?

She's in the new movie "Doomsday" as the main protagonist.

I first saw her in "Sweet Home Alabama" with Reese Witherspoon (she was Reese's assistant).

According to her IMDB profile, she's been on "Boston Legal", "Nip/Tuck", "Gideon's Crossing" and "The Practice" (none of which I've seen).

All I can say is that it doesn't get much hotter.

If at all.

jagerdrinker
03-13-2008, 05:44 AM
Check it in "Ali G In Da House" and in some movie with Kevin Spacey...very nice.