03-13-2008, 12:18 AM
Sippio will smoke them both
NTTIAWWT

stlchiefs
03-13-2008, 12:23 AM
Craphonso "Snoop" Minnis

Direckshun
03-13-2008, 12:39 AM
I think they're both pretty much the same, but they are going to be used differently. Webb's future with this team is probably as a red zone threat and/or possession receiver. Darling will probably have to find a niche as some sort of medium-to-deep threat.

Darling is the better physical specimen. He's got better speed, prototypical size, and he produced Webb's entire output last season in a very short timespan filling in for an injured player. But Webb's too promising in the red zone, in my opinion. He's got long arms, a good verticle, and whereas Darling seems to be a deferential, measured guy, Webb's cocky as hell.

At this point I'd say it's Darling's to lose.

CrazyPhuD
03-13-2008, 01:05 AM
Darling is the better Center by far.

Hammock Parties
03-13-2008, 01:08 AM
I think they're both pretty much the same, but they are going to be used differently. Webb's future with this team is probably as a red zone threat and/or possession receiver. Darling will probably have to find a niche as some sort of medium-to-deep threat.

Darling is the better physical specimen. He's got better speed, prototypical size, and he produced Webb's entire output last season in a very short timespan filling in for an injured player. But Webb's too promising in the red zone, in my opinion. He's got long arms, a good verticle, and whereas Darling seems to be a deferential, measured guy, Webb's cocky as hell.

Webb ran a faster 40 time than Darling coming out of college.

Our WR depth stinks so they'll both be around.

KCChiefsMan
03-13-2008, 01:10 AM
defenses will be focusing on Tony G and D-Bowe and the running game, so if the 2nd WR can't look good, they just suck.

Direckshun
03-13-2008, 01:11 AM
Webb ran a faster 40 time than Darling coming out of college.

Our WR depth stinks so they'll both be around.
What were their times?

I believe Darling ran a 4.50-4.52, somewhere in there, and I have a hard time believing Webb ran a 4.4-anything.

Micjones
03-13-2008, 01:14 AM
I think they're both pretty much the same, but they are going to be used differently. Webb's future with this team is probably as a red zone threat and/or possession receiver.

Red Zone Threat? He scored his first NFL Touchdown 15 and 3/4 games into the season.

Agreed.

Hammock Parties
03-13-2008, 01:14 AM
What were their times?

I believe Darling ran a 4.50-4.52, somewhere in there, and I have a hard time believing Webb ran a 4.4-anything.

Webb ran a 4.40. He has speed. Why do you think the Chiefs experimented with him at kick returner the last two years?

Direckshun
03-13-2008, 01:19 AM
Webb ran a 4.40. He has speed. Why do you think the Chiefs experimented with him at kick returner the last two years?
Oh teams always do that with WRs, CBs, and RBs. I just thought they were throwing him in the grinder to find out. I didn't know Webb sported that kind of speed, that's really surprising.

greg63
03-13-2008, 01:32 AM
Exactly.

Yup.

kcchiefsus
03-13-2008, 01:45 AM
What were their times?

Regardless of whether you have a hard time believing it or not it still happened. Webb ran around a 4.45.

kcchiefsus
03-13-2008, 01:46 AM
I really hope neither one is our #2 wideout. I would love to get James Hardy in the draft but unfortunately we probably have bigger needs.

Coogs
03-13-2008, 07:49 AM
I don't know where I would find it at, but I know I read earlier this off-season that Herm thinks Webb will be the #3/slot receiver.

Chiefnj2
03-13-2008, 08:11 AM
There is football speed and track speed.

Webb ran a 4.40 at the combine.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=14644

Reerun_KC
03-13-2008, 08:24 AM
Red Zone Threat? He scored his first NFL Touchdown 15 and 3/4 games into the season.

If you actually think we are going to throw the ball into the endzone while in the redzone you are nucking futs!ROFL No way in hell will Bag O Douche risk a turnover when he can kick his coveted FG....:clap: This isnt Arena League ya know....

So this guy is as much as a redzone threat as Skip is....

Sure-Oz
03-13-2008, 08:31 AM
Webb's 4.4 speed apparently can't get seperation from CB's

Frankie
03-13-2008, 08:32 AM
I really hope neither one is our #2 wideout. I would love to get James Hardy in the draft but unfortunately we probably have bigger needs.

Sorry dude, but you are the worst kind of fan. Wishing a player not to work out for us so we are forced to use a draft pick that we could use somewhere else? I wish one or both pan out and become the surprise of the camp and the season.

Sure-Oz
03-13-2008, 08:33 AM
Sorry dude, but you are the worst kind of fan. Wishing a player not to work out for us so we are forced to use a draft pick that we could use somewhere else? I wish one or both pan out and become the surprise of the camp and the season.

Hell i hope they push each other to become better players, we could use as many good WR's as we can, hell players in fact

Mecca
03-13-2008, 08:35 AM
For all the Webb 40 time stuff, when he was drafted no one believed he played at that speed he ran.

Brock
03-13-2008, 08:43 AM
Need to draft another receiver.

cookster50
03-13-2008, 09:25 AM

"Need to draft new fans"
-Herm

Micjones
03-13-2008, 09:46 AM

Absolutely.
Round Three would be the right time to do it...
Hello Eddie Royal!!!

Chief Wiggum
03-13-2008, 09:46 AM
Hard to say which receiver will be better because they've both had so little game experience at this point. I don't think either receiver will succeed until we shore up our o-line first, though.

How are we supposed to find out who can play when we have so many variables out there? We have to see if Brody is any good, how the o-line will play, see who plays FB the best, find a new solution for the inevitable day when TG retires, and fill two receiver spots. If any one of those guys isn't pulling their weight it's just going to make the other guys look bad and he won't get a fair evaluation. That's why we have to get a good kicker because I see many FGs in our future...

Micjones
03-13-2008, 09:50 AM
Hard to say which receiver will be better because they've both had so little game experience at this point. I don't think either receiver will succeed until we shore up our o-line first, though.

How are we supposed to find out who can play when we have so many variables out there? We have to see if Brody is any good, how the o-line will play, see who plays FB the best, find a new solution for the inevitable day when TG retires, and fill two receiver spots. If any one of those guys isn't pulling their weight it's just going to make the other guys look bad and he won't get a fair evaluation. That's why we have to get a good kicker because I see many FGs in our future...

They're going to make a real attempt at improving the Offensive Line.
It'll be better than it was last season. How much better? That remains to be seen.

I think right now Darling has the edge on Webb, but who knows what real competition for the #2 spot could do for Webb's game?

Chief Wiggum
03-13-2008, 09:55 AM
It'll be better than it was last season. How much better? That remains to be seen.

I think you are right and I really hope they are successful in doing so. The o-line is going to be the foundation of any success we have on offense. On the bright side of things, at least our scouting department typically makes good calls on that position. If we had to rely on them to pick us some DLmen...God help us.

Chiefnj2
03-13-2008, 10:23 AM
It'll be better than it was last season. How much better?

How are they making an attempt at improving the OL?
How do you know it will be better than last year?

Micjones
03-13-2008, 10:44 AM
How are they making an attempt at improving the OL?
How do you know it will be better than last year?

They certainly haven't made any Free Agent acquisitions of note.
I think Niswanger is better suited at Center though and will be an improvement over Wiegmann. Right Guard and Right Tackle will be the positions we're looking to improve in April.

I'm fairly sure we'll get an Offensive Lineman in either of the first two rounds.
And I'm pretty confident that player will fare better than Welbourn or Terry.

I think since they did nothing in FA I would pencil Svitek in as the starter at RT and look to draft a Guard in R1 or R2. That's if Jake Long is off the board once we go on the clock. Taking him is a no brainer though if he's there.

Micjones
03-13-2008, 10:46 AM
I think you are right and I really hope they are successful in doing so.

Getting some Free Agent help would've gone a long way to making this off-season a successful one at upgrading the Offensive Line.

The o-line is going to be the foundation of any success we have on offense.

Without question...

On the bright side of things, at least our scouting department typically makes good calls on that position.

Where? In April?

Chiefnj2
03-13-2008, 10:47 AM
They certainly haven't made any Free Agent acquisitions of note.
I think Niswanger is better suited at Center though and will be an improvement over Wiegmann. Right Guard and Right Tackle will be the positions we're looking to improve in April.

I'm fairly sure we'll get an Offensive Lineman in either of the first two rounds.
And I'm pretty confident that player will fare better than Welbourn or Terry.

I think since they did nothing in FA I would pencil Svitek in as the starter at RT and look to draft a Guard in R1 or R2. That's if Jake Long is off the board once we go on the clock. Taking him is a no brainer though if he's there.

Saying Niswanger is better than Weigman reminds me of all the folks that said Welbourn would be an improvement over Shields because Welbourn was returning to his natural position and Shields had lost a step in 2006.

Micjones
03-13-2008, 11:04 AM
Saying Niswanger is better than Weigman reminds me of all the folks that said Welbourn would be an improvement over Shields because Welbourn was returning to his natural position and Shields had lost a step in 2006.

I was one of those people.
I underestimated what performance enhancing drugs had done for his game and how quickly his skills had diminished.

I was wrong.
I've seen play that suggests that Niswanger could at least be comparable, but that was at the Guard spot.

So I suppose it's nothing more than wishful thinking.

I personally thought more needed to be done in Free Agency.
Still... I'm fairly confident that the line will be better than it was 1 year ago.

Frankie
03-13-2008, 12:03 PM
Webb vs. Darling. Whos better at what?

Well Webb has a kick ass last name for a WR. The other guy has a wuusy one. I propose we use the last name issue as tie breaker.

Chief Wiggum
03-13-2008, 12:49 PM
Where? In April?

A fair point. I just went back and looked at our drafts since 2000 and over the past eight years, we have averaged picking 1.25 OL per draft. The highest we have drafted an OL since 2000 was with the 16th pick in the 4th round back in 2003. (Brett Williams - he was a winner.) I understand you want to get your skill players early in the draft, but it's no wonder none of our OLmen have panned out - they were all drafted in mostly the 6th and 7th rounds.

So I stand corrected and more depressed than ever...

Micjones
03-13-2008, 01:08 PM
A fair point. I just went back and looked at our drafts since 2000 and over the past eight years, we have averaged picking 1.25 OL per draft. The highest we have drafted an OL since 2000 was with the 16th pick in the 4th round back in 2003. (Brett Williams - he was a winner.) I understand you want to get your skill players early in the draft, but it's no wonder none of our OLmen have panned out - they were all drafted in mostly the 6th and 7th rounds.

So I stand corrected and more depressed than ever...

It's during that time that the Day 1 picks were all going to Defensive Line players. That's why I laugh when I hear the members of Glenn Dorsey's fan club say we need to try something different. Drafting an Offensive Line player high WOULD BE DIFFERENT.
ROFL