PDA

View Full Version : The Witcher

Mr. Laz
03-14-2008, 01:22 PM
anyone play it?

do you have to keep all the dam books after you read them?

anywhere to buy better armor weapons?

how do you get more combat sigils?

JBucc
03-14-2008, 01:55 PM
anyone play it?

do you have to keep all the dam books after you read them?

anywhere to buy better armor weapons?

how do you get more combat sigils?
-You can use them for toilet paper
-The armor store. Duh.
-The combat sigil store. Duh again.

Mr. Laz
03-14-2008, 02:03 PM
-You can use them for toilet paper
-The armor store. Duh.
-The combat sigil store. Duh again.
so read them and then drop them on the ground so they stop taking up so much space?

errr ...... i have yet to see a armor or sigil store. I'm in the first little village that you go too after the opening castle scenes. Do these "stores" occur later?

when you level up do you get to choose skills? How do you choose them?

thanks

JBucc
03-14-2008, 02:06 PM
Uh........I was joking. I've never played this game.

Mr. Laz
03-14-2008, 02:11 PM
Uh........I was joking. I've never played this game.
:cuss:

:p

keg in kc
03-14-2008, 02:58 PM
Laz, I've played into chapter two. Love the game, although I've gotten sidetracked since I discovered Lord of the Rings Online. Anyway, look for "antiquary" vendors. They deal in books and will buy them back (it's a substantial amount of coin, too). As for weapons, you can find a few laying round or as rewards, but my best advice is to stick with the standard witcher sword you get early on (upgrade it at a blacksmith once you get 3 red meteorites), and then the same goes for the silver sword you eventually get. As for armour, once you get into Vizima, whichever of the two blacksmiths you can talk to will sell you upgraded armor for 5000 silver.

I haven't played past chapter 2, so that's all the advice I can give for now.

Mr. Laz
03-14-2008, 05:04 PM
Laz, I've played into chapter two. Love the game, although I've gotten sidetracked since I discovered Lord of the Rings Online. Anyway, look for "antiquary" vendors. They deal in books and will buy them back (it's a substantial amount of coin, too). As for weapons, you can find a few laying round or as rewards, but my best advice is to stick with the standard witcher sword you get early on (upgrade it at a blacksmith once you get 3 red meteorites), and then the same goes for the silver sword you eventually get. As for armour, once you get into Vizima, whichever of the two blacksmiths you can talk to will sell you upgraded armor for 5000 silver.

thanks ...... any website that you know of that gives a complete description of the talents and skill trees?

I think i'm like you in the fact that i like to build/tweak the character alot but i can't find any real info about the skills etc.

Mr. Laz
03-14-2008, 05:05 PM
btw - you don't need the books after you read them.

they unlock whatever game stuff you need by reading them and any recipes etc you need from them are put into your journal.

QuikSsurfer
03-14-2008, 05:45 PM

How is the LOTR online? I'm thinking i'll try the 7 day trial.

keg in kc
03-14-2008, 06:13 PM
thanks ...... any website that you know of that gives a complete description of the talents and skill trees?

I think i'm like you in the fact that i like to build/tweak the character alot but i can't find any real info about the skills etc.I haven't ever used anything but the official forum (http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php).

My experience is that the sword skills are the most important (steel and silver both), with the wind and fire magic skills being next most important.

keg in kc
03-14-2008, 06:21 PM
How is the LOTR online? I'm thinking i'll try the 7 day trial.I like it a lot. It's obviously reminiscent of WoW, but the world is amazingly detailed and just evokes Tolkien. I think it's safe to say that the people who put it together had a lot of love for the books and the world they were building.

They actually just announced their first expansion today, which will, among other things, add the Mines of Moria and raise the level cap from 50 to 60.

The playerbase seems largely (and surprisingly) mature and friendly. There's 7 base classes, but (unfortunately) you only have 5 characters per server, so I haven't tried them all. But even so, I've found that I enjoy every class I've tried, which is absolutely nothing like my experiences in other MMOs. Usually when I'm playing an online game, I just pick a role and that's my main until the end of time. In LotRO, however, I started playing with a hunter (that's their ranged DPS class, not like WoW hunters; no pets) and loved it. Then I decided to try a guardian (tank) and loved that, as well. After that I gave champion (melee DPS) a go, and loved it, too. Then I went for a minstrel (healer) and...loved it. My newest character is a lore-master (basically a wizard with pets) and I love that too.

So now I have 5 characters that I'm pretty much playing interchangeably, all of them between level 10 and 21. They have a pretty involved and beneficial tradeskill setup, too, so I'm using all of my characters to craft items for each other.

I'm really digging it, been ingame for 5 or 6 weeks now.