PDA

View Full Version : Raiders Trading For Hall

bsp4444
03-15-2008, 03:58 PM
I didn't see this posted anywhere. DeAngelo Hall to the Raiders for their 2nd this year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3295344

CupidStunt
03-15-2008, 04:00 PM
:LOL:

eazyb81
03-15-2008, 04:07 PM
This is when everyone comes in and talks about how Hall is so overrated and the Raiders overpaid......

sigh, Asomugha and Hall is one sick CB combo.

kcxiv
03-15-2008, 04:07 PM
I'd pull it for that. He's a good cornerback. Him being loud doesnt bother me at all.

The good thing is (well not really good) we will finish last in the west again. So we should have a good draft pick for the 09 draft. lol

Mr. Flopnuts
03-15-2008, 04:09 PM
That is retarted. He is one of the premier CB's in the league and he turns 25 this year. How could we not make this deal? After all of the Raider **** ups, they come out golden with this deal.

el borracho
03-15-2008, 04:10 PM
Wow. The Raiders are spending money like they are printing it themselves.

Eleazar
03-15-2008, 04:11 PM
That is retarted. He is one of the premier CB's in the league and he turns 25 this year. How could we not make this deal? After all of the Raider **** ups, they come out golden with this deal.

Maybe I haven't been paying attention, but I've not heard him called a premier corner before.

dj56dt58
03-15-2008, 04:12 PM
Glad to know someone is trying to improve next year....

Brock
03-15-2008, 04:12 PM
Apparently nobody told Al there's a depression on.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-15-2008, 04:13 PM
Maybe I haven't been paying attention, but I've not heard him called a premier corner before.

You just did.

Deberg_1990

They have always done this sort of thing. Nothing new for them. Its always been Al Davis Vs. The World and he doesnt care what people outside the organization think of how they do business.

Eleazar
You just did.

hence 'before'...

Iowanian
THat is a disgusting secondary in Oakland now.....Hall, Asimwannajenga, Huff and Wilson is a pretty damn good defense backfield.

The Chiefs better get their running game figured out.

JBucc
03-15-2008, 04:19 PM
To me this signals they are planning on going DT. It would be pointless to have all that money and talent in the secondary when they still can't stop the run. But it's Al so who knows.

eazyb81
03-15-2008, 04:21 PM
To me this signals they are planning on going DT. It would be pointless to have all that money and talent in the secondary when they still can't stop the run. But it's Al so who knows.

Did you forget about Tommy Kelly and Turdell Sands? Nowhere to go but down after those two.

pikesome
03-15-2008, 04:23 PM
Hall's quality when he's not acting like a headcase. Which means in Raider-ville no one will notice.

Fish
03-15-2008, 04:26 PM

Ohhh whoa is us....

Hall is close to agreeing to a contract with the Raiders that will pay him just below what Asante Samuel (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?statsId=6456) signed with the Eagles (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=phi), according to the source. Samuel signed a six-year deal worth a reported $57 million, with $20 million guaranteed.We didn't dump around $57 million, with $20 million guaranteed on a CB in the cover 2.... which doesn't emphasize or require top-tier CBs.

dj56dt58
03-15-2008, 04:29 PM

you obviously havnt been paying attention

CupidStunt
03-15-2008, 04:35 PM
People need to come to grips with the fact that the Chiefs SUCK. Giving a HIGH second-round pick for a player like Hall would be a monumentally moronic move for a team in the state KC is. They're going to smoke pole for at least two more seasons, and in that time they'll add upwards of six or seven high draft choices that could and should develop into real good players.

Then, in that offseason KC should pull some strings to add an elite starter or two in free agency or via trade. Not now.

Sure-Oz
03-15-2008, 04:36 PM
People need to come to grips with the fact that the Chiefs SUCK. Giving a HIGH second-round pick for a player like Hall would be a monumentally moronic move for a team in the state KC is. They're going to smoke pole for at least two more seasons, and in that time they'll add upwards of six or seven high draft choices that could and should develop into real good players.

Then, in that offseason KC should pull some strings to add an elite starter or two in free agency or via trade. Not now.

I just don't want Ellis and Dorsey gone so we draft a 2nd tier lineman

KCChiefsMan
03-15-2008, 04:40 PM
damn, the raiders might be tough next year.

blueballs
03-15-2008, 04:41 PM
On the bright side the raiders won't be taking a CB in the draft
right before the Chiefs might
-looks like the Steelers may be in the CB draft market
------------
Cornerback Bryant McFadden was the Steelers' second-round draft pick in 2005. McFadden is entering the final year of his contract and has retained the one and only Drew Rosenhaus to broker a new deal.

Be afraid Steelers fans, be very afraid.

McFadden's agent change is one of the most important developments facing the Steelers this offseason.

Rosenhaus is a squeaky wheel among NFL agents. He has a track record for bringing attention to himself and securing big money for his clients.

What does McFadden's hiring Rosenhaus have to do with the Steelers? Well, McFadden's signability could impact how the Steelers approach next month's draft.
If the Steelers plan to re-sign McFadden prior to the start of next season, they won't be forced to select a cornerback early in the draft.

If, on the other hand, the Steelers don't plan to re-sign McFadden before the start of next season -- remember, the club traditionally doesn't negotiate in season -- expect them to draft a cornerback relatively early, perhaps on the first day.

Among current Steelers cornerbacks, Ike Taylor, a fourth-round draft pick in 2003, is signed through 2010. Deshea Townsend, the other starting corner, is signed through 2009, when he will be 34.

The other corners include William Gay, a fifth-round pick last year, and Anthony Madison, who signed with the Steelers as an undrafted free agent in 2006.

Ricardo Colclough, the team's second-round pick in 2004, was released last season, creating a vacancy at corner.

Changing agents is all well and good, but not even Rosenhaus can make the Steelers budge if the team doesn't believe that McFadden can beat out Townsend, who was a fourth-round pick in 1998.

McFadden was taken in the second round for a reason. The Steelers reward their players financially for their performance. They drafted McFadden believing he would become a starter.

The only players the Steelers pay on potential are their draft picks.

McFadden has appeared in 41 regular-season games with 10 starts. He has five career interceptions, including a 50-yard return for a touchdown against San Francisco last season.

McFadden's biggest problem in 2007 was not staying on the field. He missed three games because of a high ankle sprain, allowing Gay to receive valuable playing time at nickel back.

Hiring a new agent is one way for McFadden to get the new contract he's seeking. The best way is for McFadden to become the Steelers' starting right corner in 2008.

Mr. Laz
03-15-2008, 05:16 PM

why ....... and screw up our top 5 pick next year?

King_Chief_Fan
03-15-2008, 05:20 PM
Ohhh whoa is us....

We didn't dump around $57 million, with $20 million guaranteed on a CB in the cover 2.... which doesn't emphasize or require top-tier CBs.

Bingo.......... Is the cover who the right D for the CHiefs? Just a question.

Hall is a great pick up for the Raiders and their D.

Lord Bestyle
03-15-2008, 05:35 PM
The Steelers reward their players financially for their performance.

The only players the Steelers pay on potential are their draft picks.

Wow, what a concept... maybe someday the Chiefs will have a GM who thinks like this.

EyePod
03-15-2008, 05:49 PM
Why would we want a premiere corner in a cover 2 defense. We need great SAFETIES.... not corners... if we signed Hall it would have been a waste.

doomy3
03-15-2008, 06:31 PM
Hmmm, well this is kind of weird. Deangelo Hall says that he hasn't been traded to Oakland...

From Rotoworld:

DeAngelo Hall-DB- Falcons Mar. 15 - 7:12 pm et

Falcons CB DeAngelo Hall refuted an ESPN report that he will be traded to the Raiders.

"Somebody's throwing something out there," Hall told the Atlanta Journal Constitution on Saturday afternoon. Neither Falcons GM Thomas Dimitroff nor Hall's agent have returned phone calls.
Source: Atlanta Journal-Constitution

dj56dt58
03-15-2008, 06:35 PM
Why would we want a premiere corner in a cover 2 defense. We need great SAFETIES.... not corners... if we signed Hall it would have been a waste.

yeah which is why Law worked out so well..Hall can still get 10 picks a year in our system not to mention we can play more man to man and blitz more, which is what we're built for imo. part of the reason we play cover 2 so much is because we had old, slow corners

Buehler445
03-15-2008, 06:36 PM
ROFL. Al Davis made it up! That would make for a nice chuckle of a headline.

Frankie
03-15-2008, 06:46 PM

I think Al Davis is planning to die after next season.

the Talking Can
03-15-2008, 06:51 PM

I would have been disappointed if someone didn't type this.

milkman
03-15-2008, 07:24 PM
yeah which is why Law worked out so well..Hall can still get 10 picks a year in our system not to mention we can play more man to man and blitz more, which is what we're built for imo. part of the reason we play cover 2 so much is because we had old, slow corners

No, the reason we play a Cover 2 is that Herman ****ing Edwards is a Cover 2coach.

dj56dt58
03-15-2008, 07:34 PM
No, the reason we play a Cover 2 is that Herman ****ing Edwards is a Cover 2coach.

true but they would play more man coverage if the corners were faster

milkman
03-15-2008, 07:41 PM
true but they would play more man coverage if the corners were faster

The only reason we play any man now is because out DTs are lacking, and as a result, our front 4 doesn't apply the kind of pressure a Cover 2 demands.

That forces more blitzing than you'd like from a Cover 2.

Deberg_1990
03-15-2008, 07:44 PM
The only reason we play any man now is because out DTs are lacking, and as a result, our front 4 doesn't apply the kind of pressure a Cover 2 demands.

That forces more blitzing than you'd like from a Cover 2.

I can imagine, Gun lobbying Herm every week for more blitzing in the gameplans.

I still dont see how these two mesh??

milkman
03-15-2008, 07:46 PM
I can imagine, Gun lobbying Herm every week for more blitzing in the gameplans.

I still dont see how these two mesh??

My guess.

They're both to ****ing stupid to realize they can't stand each other.

Buehler445
03-15-2008, 07:49 PM
My guess.

They're both to ****ing stupid to realize they can't stand each other.

That makes a tremendous amount of sense.

KCwolf
03-15-2008, 07:49 PM
This is when everyone comes in and talks about how Hall is so overrated and the Raiders overpaid......

sigh, Asomugha and Hall is one sick CB combo.

Bingo......Let the board talk about "Crazy AL".....whatever.

IMO this is a solid CB and for a 2nd rd pick .... good deal.

Let's see where our organization is in 2 months..... I hate the RAIDUHS as much as the next guy....but they seem to have a plan......

Do We?

Fish
03-15-2008, 08:18 PM

Let's see where our organization is in 2 months..... I hate the RAIDUHS as much as the next guy....but they seem to have a plan......

Do We?

ROFL

We should definitely try to emulate the Raiders... that's the ticket to rebuilding....

Some of you just cannot get over the fact that it's possible to have a "plan" that doesn't involve over-priced free agents.... you're looking at this as a great thing for the Raiders and you don't even have a clue what the financial terms of the deal are. If the story is true, the Raiders are giving up a high 2nd round draft pick and negotiating a deal that could be similar to Asante Samuel's.... that's pretty hefty... and most certainly not what a rebuilding cover 2 team needs....

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-15-2008, 08:18 PM
DeAngelo Hall is the most overrated CB in the game, bar none.

You oughta check out some of the games that guys like T.O. have had against him.

Mecca
03-15-2008, 09:31 PM
The Raiders and their money spending ways....

I'd rather have Hall than Samuel if I was picking but I don't think either one is a "great" player.

Coach
03-15-2008, 09:40 PM
The Raiders and their money spending ways....

I'd rather have Hall than Samuel if I was picking but I don't think either one is a "great" player.

Most CB's can't be a "great" or "good" player without a fearsome pass-rush.

BigRock
03-15-2008, 09:42 PM
Asomugha and Hall is one sick CB combo.
If it happens. Considering the money they've been spending, it's possible that part of signing Hall would involve pulling the franchise tag off Asomugha, saving them $9 million or whatever it was.

If I'm Asomugha I'm signing my tender ASAP to guarantee myself the money. Rememeber what Charles Woodson did a few years ago, signing his offer and putting the Raiders' cap way over the limit. Supposedly they were going to take back the tag and he signed it before they could.

Buehler445
03-15-2008, 09:54 PM
Rememeber what Charles Woodson did a few years ago, signing his offer and putting the Raiders' cap way over the limit. Supposedly they were going to take back the tag and he signed it before they could.

ROFL That is GREAT. I bet the front office was: grob

BigRock
03-15-2008, 10:08 PM
ROFL That is GREAT. I bet the front office was: grob
If memory serves, they released a statement going "Clearly Mr. Woodson and his agent have agreed to a contract with another team and he signed his tender to help faciliate a trade". But then it worked out and he stayed in Oakland another year.

the Talking Can
03-15-2008, 10:25 PM

Do We?

you can not be more explicit about our plan than Herm has....he has said EXACTLY what we are going to do this offseason and has done EXACTLY what he said he would...

lexicon

"having a plan" = giving a 2nd round pick and $50 mill to a CB

(which we did for Surtain and got nowhere...)

HolmeZz
03-15-2008, 11:00 PM
Hall will make his share of picks, but he gets toasted on a regular basis. He's nothing close to elite.

KC4EVER
03-16-2008, 12:03 AM
Hall is way too small to match up with our big physical receivers, think about it D Bowe, Tony G, D D & Webb! I can't wait to put one on their Azz next season!

Rasputin
03-16-2008, 12:34 AM

Do We?

It's all about the DRAFT, that's the plan! That's fine with me so that they get to play with out old used up has beens getting in the way of progress.

Direckshun
03-16-2008, 12:42 AM
This is a great trade for everyone.

Falcs get another high second rounder, and the Raiders are manning themselves up nicely.

If they draft a stud DT, they're going somewhere.

Chiefs_5627
03-16-2008, 12:47 AM
Falcons CB DeAngelo Hall refuted an ESPN report that he will be traded to the Raiders.
"Somebody's throwing something out there," Hall told the Atlanta Journal Constitution on Saturday afternoon. Neither Falcons GM Thomas Dimitroff nor Hall's agent have returned phone calls.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

:shrug:

Chiefs_5627
03-16-2008, 12:48 AM
http://www.ajc.com/services/content/sports/falcons/stories/2008/03/15/dhall_0316.html?cxtype=rss&cxsvc=7&cxcat=21

"As of right now, we're still at the same stages that I was at with every other team," Hall said. "New York, Washington, Dallas, and Jacksonville. Nothing has been OK'd on my end. Unless they agreed to something that I don't know about, but I don't think no team is going to sign me without talking to me and getting everything right on my end."

Huffman83
03-16-2008, 12:49 AM
don't care....****em.

milkman
03-16-2008, 05:42 AM
Hall is way too small to match up with our big physical receivers, think about it D Bowe, Tony G, D D & Webb! I can't wait to put one on their Azz next season!

If the Raiders put Croyle on his Azz before he has the chance to make the throw, then we won't be putting anyone on their Azz's.

DenverChief
03-16-2008, 06:02 AM
http://www.ajc.com/services/content/sports/falcons/stories/2008/03/15/dhall_0316.html?cxtype=rss&cxsvc=7&cxcat=21

"As of right now, we're still at the same stages that I was at with every other team," Hall said. "New York, Washington, Dallas, and Jacksonville. Nothing has been OK'd on my end. Unless they agreed to something that I don't know about, but I don't think no team is going to sign me without talking to me and getting everything right on my end."

Bingo....thanks ESPN you jackasses

ILChief
03-16-2008, 07:41 AM
This should firmly entrench us in last place this year, if we weren't there already. I can't honestly pick a team that I think will be as bad as us next year in the entire NFL. Even the other dogs (Dolphins, Raiders, 49ers, Falcons) have made moves to improve while we've signed Demorrio Williams and Duvar Darling.

If this upcoming year doesn't get Carl fired, then nothing will.

milkman
03-16-2008, 07:52 AM
This should firmly entrench us in last place this year, if we weren't there already. I can't honestly pick a team that I think will be as bad as us next year in the entire NFL. Even the other dogs (Dolphins, Raiders, 49ers, Falcons) have made moves to improve while we've signed Demorrio Williams and Duvar Darling.

You know, you're right.

The Chiefs will probably suck ass next season.

But that happens when you (finally) go into full rebuild mode.

The Raiders, the Dolphins, 49ers and Falcons will alll probably show improvement with their offseason moves, but where is it going to get them?

Mediocrity.

We've done mediocrity better and more consistently than any team in the league for 20 years.

I'm happy to finally have a plan in place that at least attempts to steer us in a dirction that could lead us to a place above medicrity.

If that means we suck ass for a season or two, I'm good with that.

Rasputin
03-16-2008, 08:08 AM

As long as our draft picks from this year and last couple of years show improvement toward the end of the year and show signs of development with the young players we will be better off in the long run. This should be a growing experience for the players and fans. In the long run we will be better off buy not overspending in FA and being forced to play our own football players sellected from the draft. The plan is to build a Championship caliber team through the draft. That is the direction that this team is headed like it or not. We should be set up very nicely for a run in 2010 and long term success. We have to endure the growing pains to achieve our goal of building a Championship. I hate Carl Peterson, but this is not his idea to build through the draft he has never gone out of his way to build a team through the draft only to fill holes with old used up FA. Lets build this thing right this time and be patient with it. I hate loseing, but I hate the fact that we haven't won a championship in almost 40 years even more. I would rather take the lumps and get through it on the other side. The reward is going to be that much sweeter IMO.

TEX
03-16-2008, 08:09 AM

Yep. We caught them for the cellar spot this year and next year we'll pass them. :shake:

milkman
03-16-2008, 08:10 AM
I guess mediocrity is a happy place for some.

TEX
03-16-2008, 08:12 AM
As long as our draft picks from this year and last couple of years show improvement toward the end of the year and show signs of development with the young players we will be better off in the long run. This should be a growing experience for the players and fans. In the long run we will be better off buy not overspending in FA and being forced to play our own football players sellected from the draft. The plan is to build a Championship caliber team through the draft. That is the direction that this team is headed like it or not. We should be set up very nicely for a run in 2010 and long term success. We have to endure the growing pains to achieve our goal of building a Championship. I hate Carl Peterson, but this is not his idea to build through the draft he has never gone out of his way to build a team through the draft only to fill holes with old used up FA. Lets build this thing right this time and be patient with it. I hate loseing, but I hate the fact that we haven't won a championship in almost 40 years even more. I would rather take the lumps and get through it on the other side. The reward is going to be that much sweeter IMO.

Hall is young. He's the type of FA that has much upside. He's more of a sure thing than any 2nd round pick. In other words, he is the type of player you want to build your "Championship" team.

Rasputin
03-16-2008, 08:19 AM
Hall is young. He's the type of FA that has much upside. He's more of a sure thing than any 2nd round pick. In other words, he is the type of player you want to build your "Championship" team.

Quite frankly the rrRaiders can have him. I'll sit back and enjoy another "melt down" performance from this guy. We don't need a basket case on the field when things don't go well.

the Talking Can
03-16-2008, 08:20 AM

you don't waste a high 2nd and $20 mill on a CB when you're rebuilding....he's a finishing piece...a luxury

CupidStunt
03-16-2008, 08:30 AM

No championship team has ever been built around a cancer. Not one.

blueballs
03-16-2008, 10:08 AM
Oh shit-the Raiders just traded for Randy ****ing Moss
he will toast us twice a year
DOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMM

BigChiefFan
03-16-2008, 11:43 AM
No championship team has ever been built around a cancer. Not one.I guesss that leaves the Chiefs out, too. Carl is the biggest cancer in professional sports.

Halfcan
03-16-2008, 11:44 AM
Big Al's Weed and Kiddie porn businesses must be raking it in.

Hammock Parties
03-18-2008, 12:47 PM
It's a done deal.

http://www.ajc.com/falcons/content/sports/falcons/stories/2008/03/18/halltradeburst_0319.html

Hall close to finalizing deal with Raiders

Two-time Pro Bowl CB to sign contract with Oakland Thursday

By STEVE WYCHE (swyche@ajc.com)
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Falcons two-time Pro Bowl cornerback DeAngelo Hall told the AJC Tuesday that he will finalize a contract with Oakland by Thursday morning and that a trade between Atlanta and the Raiders will be consummated shortly thereafter.

Hall said he is scheduled to fly to Oakland Wednesday to meet with team officials and sign a new contract.

"There is just some tweaking of the language that needs to be done, some minor details," Hall said of contract negotiations. "No deal breakers."

Atlanta will receive Oakland's second- and sixth-round picks in the April 26-27 NFL draft. The compensation will give the Falcons four selections in the first 48 picks of the draft — three in the second round. Atlanta holds the No. 3 overall pick along with the 36th and 48th picks.

Once the trade is completed, the Falcons would add the 34th overall selection currently held by Oakland.

OnTheWarpath15
03-18-2008, 01:14 PM
Great move for Atlanta.

4 picks in the first 48.

I wonder if the posters over at "FalconsPlanet" are whining that they just traded their best player......

If they are, they won't be in 3-4 years after Dimitroff rebuilds that roster.

Bowser
03-18-2008, 01:17 PM
Pure speculation here, so don't assume anything -

I wonder if Al's health is rapidly declining, and he is trying to buy one more shot at the Super Bowl before he is gone? That still wouldn't explain why they would throw ridiculous money at Kwame Harris and that D Tackle nobody knows, but it's still a thought.

Hammock Parties
03-18-2008, 01:21 PM
I wonder if Al's health is rapidly declining, and he is trying to buy one more shot at the Super Bowl before he is gone?.

He looks more and more like the cryptkeeper every day. Strange because he is only 78. One of my grandfathers looks much better and he is 83.

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/3640/73086242ao7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2008/0318/nfl_g_davis_600.jpg

Frankie
03-18-2008, 01:43 PM

I wonder if Al's health is rapidly declining, and he is trying to buy one more shot at the Super Bowl before he is gone? That still wouldn't explain why they would throw ridiculous money at Kwame Harris and that D Tackle nobody knows, but it's still a thought.

Repost! ;)

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=4632675&postcount=30

(But off course you said it more eloquently.)

Bowser
03-18-2008, 01:47 PM
I have nothing to add! ;)

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=4632675&postcount=30

(But off course you said it more eloquently.)

LMAO

You're more to the point than I am.

brorth
03-18-2008, 01:51 PM
He looks more and more like the cryptkeeper every day. Strange because he is only 78. One of my grandfathers looks much better and he is 83.

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/3640/73086242ao7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2008/0318/nfl_g_davis_600.jpg

I'm sure one of your grandfathers hasn't rolled like Al for the 50 years, either. Christ, the guy should look 178. Hugh Hefner + Keith Richards = Al Davis

beach tribe
03-18-2008, 01:55 PM
you don't waste a high 2nd and $20 mill on a CB when you're rebuilding....he's a finishing piece...a luxury

Abso****inglutely

Valiant
03-18-2008, 03:28 PM
THat is a disgusting secondary in Oakland now.....Hall, Asimwannajenga, Huff and Wilson is a pretty damn good defense backfield.

And if they cannot stop the run or sack the QB it won't matter.. You could have 4 HOF people back there and they would get their ass kicked if the QB is not pressured..

Bowser
03-18-2008, 04:37 PM
And if they cannot stop the run or sack the QB it won't matter.. You could have 4 HOF people back there and they would get their ass kicked if the QB is not pressured..

Duh. Why do you think they paid Tommy Kelley all that money?

RNR
03-18-2008, 09:17 PM

If only the Chiefs ownership had that mind set maybe you would not be waiting still looking back at 1969?