PDA

View Full Version : For Direckshun: ''No Wonder the Chiefs are Terrible''

03-15-2008, 08:16 PM
I was out in Las Vegas over the weekend and took notice of the favorites to win the Super Bowl next year. Your Kansas City Chiefs, at 225-1 odds, are tied with the Falcons for the worst odds to win the Championship.

I'm not the least bit surprised. They don't have a clue. GM Carl Peterson, he of the two playoff wins in 20 years as the President of the team, doesn't believe in signing free agents, so he's let talented players such as Bernard Berrian, and Alan Faneca, two players I was desperately hoping the Chiefs would take a look at, sign elsewhere. Instead Peterson has opted to bring in two free agents I've never heard of: WR Devard Darling, and LB Demorrio Williams. Peterson's strategy of relying heavily on the draft (much like the Pittsburgh Steelers) to replenish talent is not entirely bad in and of itself. Except that Peterson can't draft! Since 2000 (8 total NFL drafts), Peterson has drafted three Pro Bowlers (Dante Hall, Larry Johnson, and Jared Allen). Over that time, Pittsburgh has draftd six Pro Bowlers but three more are worthy.

The Chiefs have the second lowest payroll in the NFL, about $45 million less than what New England spent last year. They've just recently released high salaried players Ty Law ($5 million), and Eddie Kennison ($2.1 million), and a host of other players (Kendrell Bell, Eddie Drummond, Greg Wesley, and Samie Parker), players whose salries total in excess of $10 million, don't figure to be back. There's no reason Kansas City couldn't have been a bigger player in the Faneca sweepstakes. I've heard nothing about the Chiefs' interest in Derek Anderson or Donovan McNabb either.

The biggest problem with Peterson's philosophy is his goal at the beginning of every season. As we learned on HBO's Hard Knocks last year, Peterson addresses his subordinates each training camp stating that the team's goal is "to win the trophy bearing our founder's name." Of course, that trophy would be that of Lamar Hunt, which goes to the team that wins the AFC each year. I wonder if Peterson realizes that by winning the Lombardi trophy he'll have automatically addressed all other trophies coming before it. If your goal isn't to win the Super Bowl, it's never going to happen.

When the Chiefs finish the 2008 season at 4-12 again, it'll be high time for Chiefs fans to see Peterson's head on a stick outside Arrowhead Stadium. While we're there, might as well bring Herm Edwards with him.

http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/JCScheffres/2008/03/12/No_Wonder_the_Chiefs_are_Terrible

Stop worrying about the Jets so much bro :D

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-15-2008, 08:25 PM
Too bad that dumbass doesn't realize that our problem stems from the fact that we had been building through FA rather than the draft.

Irrespective of that, Carl is still a dipshit.

MadMax
03-15-2008, 08:34 PM
Too bad that dumbass doesn't realize that our problem stems from the fact that we had been building through FA rather than the draft.

Irrespective of that, Carl is still a dipshit.

Here here, so true. Shit FA signings + shit drafts = shit team:doh!: Horrible scouting has also been an issue in the past, I think it's better now but wtf knows. Damn sure enought blame to go around from the top to bottom.

blueballs
03-15-2008, 08:45 PM
This has been posted http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=181551
so on to something completely different

NFL | Giguere works out at CFL Combine
Sat, 15 Mar 2008 17:07:44 -0700

John Murphy, of Yahoo Sports, reports Sherbrooke WR Samuel Giguere measured a 42-inch vertical jump and 10-foot-3 broad jump at the CFL Combine. He completed 17 repetitions on the 225-pound bench press and is expected to run the 40-yard dash in the low 4.4-second range or better during on-field workouts Sunday, March 16.

CFL Combine ROFL

Direckshun
03-16-2008, 01:05 AM
...I'm worried about the Jets?

I'm not worried about anybody in the NFL for the next couple of years. The Chiefs aren't in it.

Halfcan
03-16-2008, 11:43 AM
Cheaps will be 5-11 next year and raise ALL tickets 25%