PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta police arrest Anonymous protestors, ticket drivers for honking

Hammock Parties
03-16-2008, 02:54 AM
What a load of ****ing bullshit.

<object height="355" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/j_GK-9O8glU&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="355" width="425"></object>

Regarding protests in Atlanta, Georgia

The Enturbulation staff would like to publicly denounce the oppressive actions by the DEKALB Police force in Atlanta for making arrests over the following claims:
Protesting without a permit. Which the organizer was repeatedly informed by them before the event that they did NOT need a permit.
Causing offensive or hazardous conditions. None of which has any solid evidence of occuring (the clip linked below cleary shows no violence nor public mischief taking place)
Ticketing drivers who honked their horns as they drove past the picket line.YouTube clip can be viewed here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_GK-9O8glU). And we urge readers to contact the DEKALB police chief here (http://www.dekalbpolice.com/meet_chief.html).

Bill S Preston
03-16-2008, 03:20 AM
They need to learn how to protest like the Phelps clan.

Bump
03-16-2008, 03:22 AM
I don't really care much for protestors anyways. I have a hard time believeing that they all really care about these issues since it seems like the sames ones doing it every time. I think it's their best way to socialize. At least in Lawrence.

bowener
03-16-2008, 03:30 AM
I don't really care much for protestors anyways. I have a hard time believeing that they all really care about these issues since it seems like the sames ones doing it every time. I think it's their best way to socialize. At least in Lawrence.

Do you care about more than one issue?

kcxiv
03-16-2008, 03:47 AM
I like what they are doing. They are trying to bring knowledge to people about the bullshit that Scientology is. I brought this up to my family and friends and not 1 of them knew wtf it was. Now they are aware. Imo, thats a good thing.

Braincase
03-16-2008, 07:17 AM
Just goes to show you how far up in the infrastructure Scientologists have gone. You can bet there there is someone closely tied to the organization inside the Atlanta police department. They infiltrated the IRS to get their "religious" afiliation to avoid taxes and keep the gravy train rolling, and I think they'll continue to reach for the highest offices they can in order to protect their cashcow.

Gonzo
03-16-2008, 07:29 AM
This is a free country and while I don't agree with what scientologists believe in, who are these people to protest a religion in which they do not belong?

If people who belong to that church do not agree with it's rules, are they not free to leave?

That being said, the cops were totally in the wrong here. That was b.s.

Iowanian
03-16-2008, 07:29 AM
I hate Big Dork.

Iowanian
03-16-2008, 07:34 AM
If it was Tibet, the Chinese police would have just tossed a couple of Fragmentation grenades into that gathering of dumbasses, and done the world a favor.

Scientology sucks, but these dorks are keeping a McDonalds somewhere understaffed and a wow server underpopulated.

Hammock Parties
03-16-2008, 07:37 AM
This is a free country and while I don't agree with what scientologists believe in, who are these people to protest a religion in which they do not belong?

They're not protesting the religion's belief system. They're protesting the damage it does.

Educate yourself:

http://www.xenu.net/

If it was Tibet, the Chinese police would have just tossed a couple of Fragmentation grenades into that gathering of dumbasses, and done the world a favor.

Scientology sucks, but these dorks are keeping a McDonalds somewhere understaffed and a wow server underpopulated.

You're ignorant. Scientology is taking Anonymous very seriously.

Iowanian
03-16-2008, 07:41 AM
Scientologists think a spaceman came here and crapped their eggs into a volcano....Its no wonder they're afraid of people in Starwars Tshirts.

It didn't look to me like they were doing anything to be arrested for, but I'm curious what happend before the tape was rolling. Maybe the commando squad just needed to test out their new GI Joe gear.

Gonzo
03-16-2008, 07:43 AM
They're not protesting the religion's belief system. They're protesting the damage it does.

Educate yourself:

1. Why are you here?

2. Is it any of their business? The religion is flawed, we all know that but if people choose to remain a part of it, is it not their choice?

Hammock Parties
03-16-2008, 07:46 AM
1. Why are you here?

WTF? I'll ignore this one.

2. Is it any of their business? The religion is flawed, we all know that but if people choose to remain a part of it, is it not their choice?

It's not "flawed." It's ****ing evil. It needs to be stamped out. Scientology is a brainwashing, money-sucking, life-destroying cult.

Here's the cliffs notes:

http://theunfunnytruth.ytmnd.com/

Braincase
03-16-2008, 08:32 AM

It's not "flawed." It's ****ing evil. It needs to be stamped out. Scientology is a brainwashing, money-sucking, life-destroying cult.

Here's the cliffs notes:

http://theunfunnytruth.ytmnd.com/

I am rarely on GOATSE's side of a religious argument, but I am on this one. Scientology is the most powerful and insidious cult in modern America. It has exploited the Bush policy on religious organizations' receiving funding (see Narconon) and actively recruits from prison populations act the tax payers expense. To gain their status as a religion in the eyes of the Internal Revenue Service, they had an active infiltration of the organization with their members, at one time so blatant that L.Ron Hubbard's wife was arrested. I support the work of Anonymous, and look forward to the day that this faux religion is completely exposed for what it really is - the world's largest pyramid scheme.

splatbass
03-16-2008, 08:46 AM

It is a "brainwashing, money-sucking, life-destroying cult", and I speak from experience (although "life destroying" is a bit of an exaggeration).

That said, I strongly believe in freedom of religion (and freedom from religion). "Stamping out" one religion puts all religions if jeopardy. It is a slippery slope that we should never go down, unless they are doing something illegal. And it is unconstitutional.

By the way, it is very easy to walk away from Scientology. They don't hold you captive or force you to stay. As I said, I speak from experience. They aren't evil, they aren't nearly as bad as many uninformed think, but they are money grubbing crooks. They are NOT a threat to our society in any way though. The whole anti-scientology thing is way overblown.

Shaid
03-16-2008, 09:48 AM
Calling Scientology a religion is a joke. L.Ron Hubbard himself said that if you really want to make money the best way to do it is to create a religion. Then he(a science fiction writer) creates one and a bunch of morons follow him. They should not be given a tax break for being a religion. They should not have the protections offered to them for being a religion. They are evil and people need to be educated about them. What religion actively does research about you and your family whenever you speak out against them? What religion makes threatening phone calls in the middle of the night to your house if you speak out against them? That's another thing Hubbard said, "find out what crimes your enemies have committed and use them against them. If you can't find anything, make something up." Not exact words ut that's the context.

This Anonymous movement is all over the world. People are protesting in Australia and England as well as many other countries. People are now starting to see just how evil they are and that is a very good thing. These people being arrested for protesting is complete bullshit but I am happy it happened because it will only spark more anti-scientology protests.

eazyb81
03-16-2008, 09:57 AM

WTF kind of response is this? You're only allowed to protest something if you're directly involved in it?

It's a f#cking cult, they're trying to educate people before they get wrapped up in this thing and can't get out.

Iowanian
03-16-2008, 10:02 AM
I support the work of Anonymous, and look forward to the day that this faux religion is completely exposed for what it really is - the world's largest pyramid scheme.

luzap isn't going to appreciate your comments.

Iowanian
03-16-2008, 10:04 AM
I know I feel better now, knowing that should I choke or spontaneously combust....A former Scientologist is here to save me!

All hail John BUBBER!!!

It is a "brainwashing, money-sucking, life-destroying cult", and I speak from experience (although "life destroying" is a bit of an exaggeration).

That said, I strongly believe in freedom of religion (and freedom from religion). "Stamping out" one religion puts all religions if jeopardy. It is a slippery slope that we should never go down, unless they are doing something illegal. And it is unconstitutional.

By the way, it is very easy to walk away from Scientology. They don't hold you captive or force you to stay. As I said, I speak from experience. They aren't evil, they aren't nearly as bad as many uninformed think, but they are money grubbing crooks. They are NOT a threat to our society in any way though. The whole anti-scientology thing is way overblown.

splatbass
03-16-2008, 10:05 AM
I know I feel better now, knowing that should I choke or spontaneously combust....A former Scientologist is here to save me!

All hail John BUBBER!!!

You're an idiot.

Iowanian
03-16-2008, 10:07 AM
Its
"Your and idiot"
Anyone on the planet(not planet zedoo) knows that.

Please don't have tomcruise kill me.

I guess you hadn't earned your "Sense of humor" merrit badge level before leaving.

Spott
03-16-2008, 10:08 AM
I could care less about the protest, but those cops are a bunch of f*cking assholes for ticketing drivers for honking. It sure makes me feel good to know that our tax dollars are being spent enforcing real crimes like honking a horn.

Adept Havelock
03-16-2008, 10:10 AM

They are money grubbing, and some of them certainly qualify as "evil".

They may not have "held you captive" or "forced you to stay". There are plenty of documented cases where Scientology members have not only done just that, but caused the deaths of people. Tell <a href=http://www.lisafiles.com/>Lisa McPherson</a> they don't pull that crap. Oh, you can't. She died because of them.

I bet they did declare you a "<a href=http://www.xenu-directory.net/practices/sp.html>Suppresive Person</a>" and try to force the rest of your family and friends that are still active in the cult to have no contact with you. This cult has destroyed families. They've committed crimes against the US Government (<a href=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Snow_White>Operation Snow White</a>). Any cult who continues a policy of <a href=http://www.fairgamed.org/fairgame.htm>Fair Game</a> enacted by the founder qualifies as evil. Sorry splatbass, any cult who has a policy saying anyone declared an 'enemy':

"May be deprived of property or injured by any means by any Scientologist without any discipline of the Scientologist. May be tricked, sued or lied to or destroyed.

I don't know about you, but that sounds pretty friggin evil to me.

Sure, they claim they don't follow that policy anymore, but a reading of the denial (on the Fair Game link, below the original order) shows only the use of the name "Fair Game" was stopped, not the policy.

HUBBARD COMMUNICATIONS OFFICE
Saint Hill Manor, East Grinstead, Sussex
HCO Policy Letter of 21 October 1968
CANCELLATION OF FAIR GAME

The practice of declaring people FAIR GAME will cease.

FAIR GAME may not appear on any Ethics Order. It causes bad
public relations.

This P/L does not cancel any policy on the treatment or handling
of an SP.

LRH:ci:cden L. RON HUBBARD
Copyright (c) 1968 Founder
by L. Ron Hubbard
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

They aren't "evil"...they just pull crap like <a href=http://www.holysmoke.org/pc/pc.htm>bringing false charges</a> against people like Paulette Cooper who write articles speaking out against them. Why? Because they are afraid of the light of public scrutiny, like any cockroach.

Sure, they are free to practice their religion, even ostracizing people and breaking up families (if done willingly by the ijit that stays with them). Does that give "Anonymous" the right to hack/threaten/etc.? No. Do they have the right to protest and try to turn public opinion against this cult? Absolutely.

If they choose to speak against this cult, they have every right. The Freedom of Religion doesn't trump the Freedom of Speech. Sure, the idiots that join have the right to that choice. "Anonymous" also has every right to speak out and try to turn opinion against them to keep other people from making that same poor choice in the future.

By your "logic", no one who isn't Catholic should be angry about the "Pedophile Priests" scandal that recently rocked the Catholic Chuch. :rolleyes:

splatbass
03-16-2008, 10:18 AM
They are money grubbing, and some of them certainly qualify as "evil".

They may not have "held you captive" or "forced you to stay". There are plenty of documented cases where Scientology members have not only done just that, but caused the deaths of people. Tell <a href=“http://www.lisafiles.com/”>Lisa McPherson</a> they don't pull that crap. Oh, you can't. She died because of them.

I bet they did declare you a "<a href=http://www.xenu-directory.net/practices/sp.html>Suppresive Person</a>" and try to force the rest of your family and friends that are still active in the church to have no contact with you. This cult has destroyed families. They've committed crimes against the US Government (<a href=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Snow_White>Operation Snow White</a>). Any cult who enacts a policy of <a href=http://www.fairgamed.org/fairgame.htm>Fair Game</a> enacted by the founder qualifies as evil. Sorry splatbass, any cult who enacts a policy saying anyone declared an 'enemy' "May be deprived of property or injured by any means by any Scientologist without any discipline of the Scientologist. May be tricked, sued or lied to or destroyed.

Sure, they claim they don't follow that policy anymore, but a reading of the denial (on the Fair Game link, below the original order) shows only the use of the name "Fair Game" was stopped, not the policy.

Sure, they aren't "evil". They just pull crap like <a href=http://www.holysmoke.org/pc/pc.htm>bringing false charges</a> against people like Paulette Cooper who write articles speaking out against them. Why? Because they are afraid of the light of public scrutiny, like any cockroach.

Sure, they are free to practice their religion, even ostracizing and breaking up families (if done willingly by the ijit that stays with them). Does that give "Anonymous" the right to hack/threaten/etc.? No. Do they have the right to protest and try to turn public opinion against this cult? Absolutely.

If they choose to speak against this cult, they have every right. The Freedom of Religion doesn't trump the Freedom of Speech. :rolleyes:

they did none of those things to me. they did take my money. They are no worse than crooked televangelists that take money from elderly people that can't afford it, yet I don't see you attacking Christians.

Personally I think all organized religion is bad, but I support the first amendment. I wasn't saying the protesters didn't have a right to protest, READ MY POST. You are making stuff up to attack me over.

I made a reasonable post based on experience, and all I get are emotional and simpleminded attacks by people that don't know what they are talking about.

Have a nice day.

Iowanian
03-16-2008, 10:23 AM
yet I don't see you attacking Christians.

Have a nice day.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Do you even READ the planet? How about you do a quick search...try "Catholic" and then get back to me.

As for my "mean and cruel comments"....I was joking, channeling the infamous Tomcruise "I know I'm the only one that can help...I'm A SCIENTOLOGIST".

Adept Havelock
03-16-2008, 10:26 AM
they did none of those things to me. they did take my money. They are no worse than crooked televangelists that take money from elderly people that can't afford it, yet I don't see you attacking Christians.

If Christians acted like this cult, I'd certainly speak against them. How simpleminded are you to make an apples-oranges comparison like that? BTW- Did they declare you an "SP" or not? Or are you a squirreling freezone apostate because you won't send checks to the CoS bigwigs anymore, but still practice the "tech"? :p

Personally I think all organized religion is bad, but I support the first amendment.
As do I. Including the provision about the Freedom of Speech, which AFAIK isn't superior to "Freedom of Religion".

I wasn't saying the protesters didn't have a right to protest, READ MY POST. You are making stuff up to attack me over.

You are correct, my reply was directed at both you and Gonzo. I suppose I should have more carefully specified who I was speaking to with each statement. I guess I'm just too "simpleminded". :rolleyes:

I made a reasonable post based on experience, and all I get are emotional and simpleminded attacks by people that don't know what they are talking about.
Sandyvag? Try Massingill. I understand precisely what they are about. It's one reason I tried to make sure that anything I linked to had links to primary sources.

Have a nice day.
You too, and watch out for Body Thetans. I hear they'll blow for a cheeseburger.

Eleazar
03-16-2008, 10:45 AM
There's a reason why these people feel like they need to wear masks, they try to destroy people who oppose them on the internet... I'm sure they wouldn't feel any different toward these people.

oaklandhater
03-16-2008, 10:48 AM
If people who belong to that church do not agree with it's rules, are they not free to leave?

no your not free to leave see lisa mcpherson and countless others.

http://www.lisamcpherson.org/

jAZ
03-16-2008, 10:48 AM
Also from Digg... thought this was cool...

How police SHOULD react to protesters...

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/k9yIBOnbJjY&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/k9yIBOnbJjY&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Adept Havelock
03-16-2008, 10:51 AM

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/k9yIBOnbJjY&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/k9yIBOnbJjY&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

:clap:

Thankfully, there are a lot more cops like this guy.

I suspect Atlanta PD has a Xenufreak or two somewhere in the upper ranks.

dj56dt58
03-16-2008, 10:55 AM
i ****ing hate protestors..they should all be shot

oaklandhater
03-16-2008, 10:57 AM

that's right screw freedom of speech!

Adept Havelock
03-16-2008, 10:57 AM

Sounds like you'd be happier in China, Iran, or North Korea. They think like you do.

dtebbe
03-16-2008, 11:07 AM
Just goes to show you how far up in the infrastructure Scientologists have gone. You can bet there there is someone closely tied to the organization inside the Atlanta police department. They infiltrated the IRS to get their "religious" afiliation to avoid taxes and keep the gravy train rolling, and I think they'll continue to reach for the highest offices they can in order to protect their cashcow.

This was not the Atlanta police department, it was Dekalb County police. Atlanta city limits fall within Fulton and Dekalb county. Dekalb county police are 2nd only to Cobb county police for the biggest a-hole department in the metro area.

DT

dj56dt58
03-16-2008, 11:10 AM
Sounds like you'd be happier in China, Iran, or North Korea. They think like you do.

Protesters just want attention..half of them probably dont even know what the **** they are protesting.

Dave Lane
03-16-2008, 11:13 AM

Educate yourself:

How about protesting Catholics or other christians. Would anyone feel offended if they were across the street protesting your church as a cult?

Dave

Dave Lane
03-16-2008, 11:16 AM
I do agree its stupid to arrest peaceful protesters but I wonder if it was your ox getting gored how you would feel.

Dave

Spott
03-16-2008, 11:18 AM
I really don't see the point in protesting scientology. If people are stupid enough to fall into their little cult then screw 'em.

Hammock Parties
03-16-2008, 11:25 AM
I really don't see the point in protesting scientology. If people are stupid enough to fall into their little cult then screw 'em.

Yeah, **** caring about your fellow man.

Adept Havelock
03-16-2008, 11:37 AM
Protesters just want attention..half of them probably dont even know what the **** they are protesting.

Since protesters leave you with a bad case of sandyvag, they shouldn't exercise their constitutional rights of freedom of speech and assembly? LMAO

Seriously, if you think protesters should be shot just because you don't like them, move to North Korea or China. They love that kind of thinking. You'll fit right in.

Halfcan
03-16-2008, 11:37 AM
cops suck

Braincase
03-16-2008, 11:58 AM
Here's part of my problem with the CoS. Apparently, there might be a little bit more to their agreement with the IRS when they made their "deal" to gain recognition as a legitimate church.

From WorldNetDaily.com (http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=56846) (yeah, it's a right-wing rag)...

Info sought on secret IRS deal with Scientology
'Position represents unconstitutional favoritism of one religious group over another'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: February 19, 2008
3:53 pm Eastern

© 2008 WorldNetDaily

A federal appeals court is being asked to tell the Internal Revenue Service to open up a secret deal with the Church of Scientology that reportedly allows members to deduct certain educational, or "auditing," expenses, a benefit denied members of other faiths in the United States.

The report comes from the American Bar Association Journal, which outlined the situation involving a case pending before the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in California.

The appellants in the case at hand, in which a decision hasn't been released yet, Michael and Marla Sklar, are Orthodox Jews who took deductions for some of the private religious school tuition they paid for their children, the report said, as well as after-school classes in Jewish law.

The IRS disallowed the deductions multiple times, and a first case was closed, even though "the agency meanwhile reportedly has allowed members of the Church of Scientology, under a 1993 settlement agreement, to take substantial deductions for 'religious training and services.'"

The Journal report said the judges on the 9th Circuit panel, now hearing a second appeal from the same family, "appeared sympathetic to the couple's claim that the federal agency isn't treating members of all religious groups fairly concerning charitable deductions for educational expenses."

The report said the IRS settlement with Scientologists is confidential, but it was reported by the Wall Street Journal in 1997. Now the Sklars are seeking access to the document to substantiate their own claim that their educational deductions are similar, and valid.

"The IRS contends that the settlement agreement is a private matter, and says that it involves religious training rather than the kind of religious education for children that is at issue in the Sklars' case," the report said. "However, their counsel argues the IRS position represents unconstitutional favoritism of one religious group over another, in violation of the Establishment Clause."

The report said Judge Kim Wardlaw noted during arguments that the issue "does intrude into the Establishment Clause," and that the "bottom line"' is whether the IRS has, in fact, agreed to treat members of one religious group differently from members of another group.

"Even if the IRS did discriminate by allowing the Scientology training deductions, that doesn't necessarily mean that the Sklars will get to take similar education deductions," concluded the report. "'Then the proper course of action is a lawsuit to [put a] stop to that policy,' explains a concurring judge in the 9th Circuit's 2002 written opinion on the Sklars' earlier case."

The New York Times reported under the "officially secret" agreement, Scientologists "can deduct the cost of religious education as a charitable gift," and the question at hand is whether members of other religious groups will be allowed to do the same.

The Times reported the judges in the original dispute concluded "it appears to be true" Scientologists have been given preferential tax treatment.

In that case, Judge Barry Silverman asked, "'Why is Scientology training different from all other religious training?'' There was no answer, he wrote, because the court wasn't faced with the question of whether "members of the Church of Scientology have become the IRS's chosen people."

Church spokeswoman Monique E. Yingling told the Times the 1993 agreement gave Scientologists charitable tax deductions.

"Scientologists now are being treated the same as everyone else, Catholics, Mormons, Hindus," she told the newspaper. "Auditing and training are both Scientology religious services." She said members participate in those to advance in the religion founded by science fiction writer L. Ron Hubbard.

Sklar, however, said that is his case: that there's no difference between services Scientologists cite for their deductions and the religious training his children get at two Hebrew schools.

The Sklars also said the IRS as much as admitted their contentions, because when the Sklars attempted to take the deduction the IRS sent them letters explaining the terms for Scientologists to take such deductions, but then disallowed theirs because they didn't provide receipts from the Church of Scientology.

"If the government is allowed to do this unchallenged, it means you have a state-favored religion, and that has never fared well for the Jews," Sklar told the newspaper.

dj56dt58
03-16-2008, 12:07 PM
Since protesters leave you with a bad case of sandyvag, they shouldn't exercise their constitutional rights of freedom of speech and assembly? LMAO

Seriously, if you think protesters should be shot just because you don't like them, move to North Korea or China. They love that kind of thinking. You'll fit right in.

Did you even read my post? Can you even read? Your probably one of those douchebags that protests at funerals

Bill S Preston
03-16-2008, 12:31 PM
Here's part of my problem with the CoS. Apparently, there might be a little bit more to their agreement with the IRS when they made their "deal" to gain recognition as a legitimate church.

There's a reason why England does not recognize them as a religion.

Watch this four part (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3pG49lg5AU) series from the BBC, as John Sweeney tries to investigate the "church." Those kinds of tactics are used repeatedly. They have an office entirely devoted to investigating, attacking, and slandering any person that Scientology views as a threat to their "religion."

Spott
03-16-2008, 12:39 PM
Yeah, **** caring about your fellow man.

Yeah, I should go out of my way to prevent people that have no common sense from doing stupid things. Nobody is forcing these tards to follow Scientology. They do it on their own free will which is their constitutional right.

Hammock Parties
03-16-2008, 12:51 PM
Yeah, I should go out of my way to prevent people that have no common sense from doing stupid things. Nobody is forcing these tards to follow Scientology. They do it on their own free will which is their constitutional right.

Ignorant people get roped into bad situations all the time.

splatbass
03-16-2008, 01:01 PM
If Christians acted like this cult, I'd certainly speak against them.

There are plenty of Christians who have acted like that and worse. Jim Jones ring a bell? Fred Phelps? But you don't condemn all Christians for the actions of a few, right?

BigMeatballDave
03-16-2008, 01:21 PM
It's not "flawed." It's ****ing evil. It needs to be stamped out. Jehovah's Witness is a brainwashing, money-sucking, life-destroying cult.

FYP :D

BigMeatballDave
03-16-2008, 01:26 PM

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/k9yIBOnbJjY&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/k9yIBOnbJjY&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>That is a great example of good police officer doing his job.

BigMeatballDave
03-16-2008, 01:27 PM
i ****ing hate protestors..they should all be shotI hope you're joking. No one can be this stupid...

BigMeatballDave
03-16-2008, 01:30 PM
Protesters just want attention..half of them probably dont even know what the **** they are protesting.Wow. Maybe you are this stupid. :shake:

kcxiv
03-16-2008, 01:31 PM
1. Why are you here?

Its everyones business. They allow anyone to join their religion, but you cannot talk about it. Its just a ****ing hoax so they dont have to pay taxes. Even their founder said, the best way to get rich is to start a religion. I am glad people are standing up for this shit and making the public aware of this shit.

kcxiv
03-16-2008, 01:33 PM

By the way, it is very easy to walk away from Scientology. They don't hold you captive or force you to stay. As I said, I speak from experience. They aren't evil, they aren't nearly as bad as many uninformed think, but they are money grubbing crooks. They are NOT a threat to our society in any way though. The whole anti-scientology thing is way overblown.Life destroying isnt a big exaggeration. Read some of the interviews from ex scientologists. Hell, even the family and kids of some of the higher upps were participating in this bullshit they call Scientology.

banyon
03-16-2008, 01:45 PM
Did you even read my post? Can you even read? Your probably one of those douchebags that protests at funerals

I read it and came to the same conclusion: School budget cuts have clearly severely impacted the quality of American high school civics teachers.

Hammock Parties
03-16-2008, 01:49 PM
FYP :D

Yeah, I hope you're kidding. Compared to Scientology, Jehovah's Witnesses are the best ****ing religion ever. They might have some funny practices, but they genuinely CARE about their flock.

kcxiv
03-16-2008, 01:51 PM
How about protesting Catholics or other christians. Would anyone feel offended if they were across the street protesting your church as a cult?

Dave

Thats not what they will ever do. They have stated time and time again. Believe in whatever the hell you want. They are potesting the lies.

Walk up into any real religion in the world and i bet you that every single priest/nun will openly talk to you about what they believe in. Walk up into a CoShit and they will not talk to you about what they are really about. You best beleive that you will have to pay money to hear whats inside their book of beliefs.

Like they say. Knowledge is free.

kcxiv
03-16-2008, 01:55 PM

Some people feel they should go out of their way to prevent people from making a mistake. Sorry that some people actually care about others. **** people for trying to help people that dont know any better. Damn them to hell. Or to lord Xenu's valcano.

splatbass
03-16-2008, 02:01 PM
Some people feel they should go out of their way to prevent people from making a mistake. Sorry that some people actually care about others. **** people for trying to help people that dont know any better. Damn them to hell. Or to lord Xenu's valcano.

Some people think that other religions, including Christianity, are a mistake. Who gets to decide what is a mistake and what isn't, and what is a legitimate religion and what isn't?

splatbass
03-16-2008, 02:03 PM
Life destroying isnt a big exaggeration. Read some of the interviews from ex scientologists. Hell, even the family and kids of some of the higher upps were participating in this bullshit they call Scientology.

I'm an ex-scientologist. It didn't destroy my life. What experience have you had with them?

Hammock Parties
03-16-2008, 03:04 PM
I'm an ex-scientologist. It didn't destroy my life.

Then you are one of the lucky ones. How much money did they steal from you?

splatbass
03-16-2008, 04:37 PM
Then you are one of the lucky ones. How much money did they steal from you?

Too much. I'm not defending them. I'm just saying they aren't any worse than a lot of televangelists, or other crooks like people that sell worthless crap on informercials. You know, all you have to do is place tiny little ads in newspapers around the country, and you can make a fortune....:)

There are crooks everywhere. Some of them in mainstream religions. We can't protest all of them. And most of the attacks on scientology aren't based on that anyway, they are from Christians who think anyone not a Christian is evil. If Scientology was ripping people off without claiming to be a religion those people wouldn't care. And the same people don't care when crooks like Peter Popoff rip people off in the name of Christianity either, since he is one of them. Buy any "miracle water" lately?

BigMeatballDave
03-16-2008, 04:41 PM
The idea of 'stamping' out a religion is assinine. If you don't like what they do, don't ****ing join them.

splatbass
03-16-2008, 04:51 PM
The idea of 'stamping' out a religion is assinine. If you don't like what they do, don't ****ing join them.

Exactly.

Adept Havelock
03-16-2008, 04:51 PM
There are plenty of Christians who have acted like that and worse. Jim Jones ring a bell? Fred Phelps? But you don't condemn all Christians for the actions of a few, right?

I condemn Fred Phelps and Jim Jones, as I do L Ron Hubbard. As the church he created still supports BS tactics like "Fair Play", F*** them. :shrug:

Yeah, I did. You suggested protesters should be shot for the act of protesting. That kind of thinking will get you far in the Law Enforcement agencies in a place like China and NK. Enjoy the company.

Stamping out? I'd take issue with. Raising public awareness of this cults activities? I have no problem at all.

kcxiv
03-16-2008, 05:29 PM
Too much. I'm not defending them. I'm just saying they aren't any worse than a lot of televangelists, or other crooks like people that sell worthless crap on informercials. You know, all you have to do is place tiny little ads in newspapers around the country, and you can make a fortune....:)

There are crooks everywhere. Some of them in mainstream religions. We can't protest all of them. And most of the attacks on scientology aren't based on that anyway, they are from Christians who think anyone not a Christian is evil. If Scientology was ripping people off without claiming to be a religion those people wouldn't care. And the same people don't care when crooks like Peter Popoff rip people off in the name of Christianity either, since he is one of them. Buy any "miracle water" lately?
Here is how i see it. Religions like Catholics, Christianity, Jahova's, Muslim, Jews even Buddism i dont believe was ever started to make a profit and rip people off. Scientology was started from the get go to steal your money.

Why are Scientologists so against being open to the public about what they teach? it makes no ****ing sense whatsoever. Walk up into any Church and look for a preist/preecher/pastor and they will all talk to you about what they believe in and they will get in depth about it.

There is always going to be people out there to scam, but this is 1 persons choice to jerk people out of their money. Scientology is all about that.

I am also curious as to how high you made it as a Scientology? What level of OT where you?

DenverChief
03-16-2008, 05:39 PM
http://www.scientomogy.com/stopscientology/chef_scientologist1.jpg

kcxiv
03-16-2008, 05:42 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2WtHNANZMvY&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2WtHNANZMvY&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>This guy explains it well and why they are after it.

splatbass
03-16-2008, 06:07 PM
I am also curious as to how high you made it as a Scientology? What level of OT where you?

It was 20 years ago and I was young. I don't remember how high I got, but I didn't stay long. No one made any attempt to stop me from leaving.

DenverChief
03-16-2008, 06:09 PM
It was 20 years ago and I was young. I don't remember how high I got, but I didn't stay long. No one made any attempt to stop me from leaving.

jeeze is your middle name dirt?

splatbass
03-16-2008, 06:28 PM
jeeze is your middle name dirt?

Huh?

Bowser
03-16-2008, 06:29 PM
Any religion that proclaims Tom Cruise its head honcho deserves to be protested.

DenverChief
03-16-2008, 06:33 PM
Huh?

I was knocking your age...:shrug:

POND_OF_RED
03-16-2008, 09:50 PM
Not to smart. Arresting protestors just starts another protest.

splatbass
03-16-2008, 10:22 PM
I was knocking your age...:shrug:

I ain't that old, sonny....

pr_capone
03-16-2008, 11:04 PM

This is the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

I was one of Jehovah's Witnesses... never a scientologist. I did not choose to be part of that religion / cult, my mom joined so I was simply along for the ride and had no choice in the matter.

It took seeing people protest outside one of our conventions, and people talking to me while I knocked on their doors, for me to open my eyes at the age of 22 and realize that I had just blown away my entire youth.

Once I saw that a large group of people had some serious problems with my faith, I decided to examine it. My original intention was not to dig up dirt and find fault, but to learn more so I could better defend my faith. What I learned had the exact opposite effect.

Now, I have been out for 5 years and have been through hell and back in that time. But in the end, it took these people... protesters and people speaking out against my "religion" to get me to open my eyes.

unlurking
03-16-2008, 11:22 PM
Can we count the number of CoS members in this thread?

KCChiefsMan
03-17-2008, 02:50 AM
listen to what this cop had to say to the anonymous protestors in LA. You may be shocked!

DenverChief
03-17-2008, 05:59 AM
I ain't that old, sonny....

20 years ago I was just finishing up pooping in diapers :p j/k

ct
03-17-2008, 08:40 AM
http://youfoundthecard.com/

splatbass
03-17-2008, 09:01 AM
20 years ago I was just finishing up pooping in diapers :p j/k

I'm 46, so I'm not quite ready to go back to pooping in diapers yet....

Bowser
03-17-2008, 10:09 AM
I'm 46, so I'm not quite ready to go back to pooping in diapers yet....

Don't sell yourself short. Witrh a little effort, you'll be crapping in your shorts in no time!

Chief Faithful
03-17-2008, 11:33 AM
This was not the Atlanta police department, it was Dekalb County police. Atlanta city limits fall within Fulton and Dekalb county. Dekalb county police are 2nd only to Cobb county police for the biggest a-hole department in the metro area.

DT

The Atlanta police department is minimally better. They all seem to be poorly trained and don't know where the law begins or ends. I know many cases where they don't know how to resolve a situation so they just toss people in jail and let the courts decide who should be arrested.

I've got a buddy that boots cars on private property as a business. The people who get booted just call 911 and create a scene. To calm the situation the police just toss my friend in jail. The next morning the court finds no cause for his arrest and he is released. My friend then creates another civil suite against the police. This scene has repeated itself 15 times.

Braincase
03-17-2008, 09:31 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zW466xcM0Yk&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zW466xcM0Yk&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Hammock Parties
03-17-2008, 09:57 PM
Hell yes.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EeuEMeg8eQE&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EeuEMeg8eQE&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Braincase
03-18-2008, 06:43 AM
Hell yes.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EeuEMeg8eQE&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EeuEMeg8eQE&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

I spent the first 2 minutes wondering what the f*** that had to do with anonymous, but now I know.