PDA

View Full Version : A little help if you could

beach tribe
03-16-2008, 06:50 PM
I own a Mac. A PC is right around the corner. I'm much more familiar with PCs and prefer them. Not a knock on Mac, just not for me.
Can anyone tell me how to post pics in a thread with a Mac.
Yes, I'm ignorant, but with your help I can be relieved of said ignorance.

beach tribe
03-16-2008, 06:56 PM
I promised pics from a business trip to the canary islands. The client wasn't ready until 5 days after I arived. All expenses paid. Rental car around the entire island, including driving through the mountains on the west coast, to the topless beaches of the east coast.

03-16-2008, 07:17 PM
Click on manage attachments below the text box and you can browse through your pics and select one for each post. or you can go to photobucket and create an account and dopwnload a shit load all at once. then just copy and paste the url in a post.

What kind of Mac are you using?

beach tribe
03-16-2008, 09:09 PM
Click on manage attachments below the text box and you can browse through your pics and select one for each post. or you can go to photobucket and create an account and dopwnload a shit load all at once. then just copy and paste the url in a post.

What kind of Mac are you using?

It has 10.3.9

Megbert
03-16-2008, 09:16 PM
If the image is on the web control click on it. Select "copy image address" then click on the image button. When the pop up window shows up then hit "Command V" or Control click then select paste.

If pic is on your Mac you'll have to go 'Go Advance' Manage attachments and then select the folder or wherever your pic is located.

unlurking
03-16-2008, 09:16 PM
The SAME way you would on a PC.

beach tribe
03-16-2008, 09:51 PM
The SAME way you would on a PC.

I can't do it on a PC either, I was merely stating my preference in the two, and since I own a mac, I figured it would be best to ask about a Mac.

You're a lot of help by the way.

beach tribe
03-16-2008, 09:54 PM
test

beach tribe
03-16-2008, 09:55 PM
If the image is on the web control click on it. Select "copy image address" then click on the image button. When the pop up window shows up then hit "Command V" or Control click then select paste.

If pic is on your Mac you'll have to go 'Go Advance' Manage attachments and then select the folder or wherever your pic is located.

Thank you. Rep

Not hopeless, just uninformed.

evolve27
03-16-2008, 09:56 PM
test

How symbolic of a Mac. Just like falling down a cliff.

beach tribe
03-16-2008, 10:00 PM
I think this me pissing in the clouds.

How's that for making it rain bitches?

beach tribe
03-16-2008, 10:02 PM
How symbolic of a Mac. Just like falling down a cliff.

I think I'll keep this one, but I'm definately making a switch of my primary.

evolve27
03-16-2008, 10:09 PM
I think I'll keep this one, but I'm definately making a switch of my primary.

I guess my hate for Mac's grew when I saw all those kids in college come to class with their Mac's and their Starbucks coffee. Macs=:shake:

beach tribe
03-16-2008, 10:12 PM
Do you know where this road goes?

beach tribe
03-16-2008, 10:15 PM
To heaven.

I'll show you guys the rest tomorrow.

beach tribe
03-16-2008, 10:25 PM
I guess my hate for Mac's grew when I saw all those kids in college come to class with their Mac's and their Starbucks coffee. Macs=:shake:

Not a Mac guy. This is the first one I've ever owned. I don't hate it, but everything I do at work is PC based. AutoCad, and such.

Mac is very unfamiliar.

evolve27
03-16-2008, 10:27 PM
Not a Mac guy. This is the first one I've ever owned. I don't hate it, but everything I do at work is PC based. AutoCad, and such.

Mac is very unfamiliar.

Excellent picture quality. Way up in elevation.

unlurking
03-16-2008, 10:28 PM
I can't do it on a PC either, I was merely stating my preference in the two, and since I own a mac, I figured it would be best to ask about a Mac.

You're a lot of help by the way.

I'm having problems with my Ducati, boy I wish I had a Harley because they are so much simpler. Anyways, can someone please let me know how to change a tire on this thing until I can go back to a Harley?

Yes, I should have known the poster didn't know how to ride a bike, and was complaining about one bike not being as good as another even though he didn't know how to change a tire on EITHER of them.

BTW, my help WAS perfect if you knew how to do it on a PC. From your post, you implied that performing this type of task would have been simpler on a PC. Thus I assumed you just didn't realize the the task was achieved the same way regardless of platform.

Anyways, not trying to give you too much hell, next time I simply start with the time honored tech-support help tree...

1) "Sir, please check to make sure the computer is plugged in."
2) "Sir, please check to make sure the monitor is plugged in."
3) "Sir, please check to make sure the power in your house is on."
4) blah, blah, blah

:p

unlurking
03-16-2008, 10:35 PM

I always hated Macs too, but then they went to a BSD platform.

After running Slackware and multiple Linux platforms as your primary OS, you get tired of managing it at the client level, but can't live without the power. OS X was a refreshingly stable platform. FINK makes everything perfect.

beach tribe
03-16-2008, 10:43 PM
Yes, I should have known the poster didn't know how to ride a bike, and was complaining about one bike not being as good as another even though he didn't know how to change a tire on EITHER of them.

BTW, my help WAS perfect if you knew how to do it on a PC. From your post, you implied that performing this type of task would have been simpler on a PC. Thus I assumed you just didn't realize the the task was achieved the same way regardless of platform.

Anyways, not trying to give you too much hell, next time I simply start with the time honored tech-support help tree...

1) "Sir, please check to make sure the computer is plugged in."
2) "Sir, please check to make sure the monitor is plugged in."
3) "Sir, please check to make sure the power in your house is on."
4) blah, blah, blah

:p
:D Your'e absolutely right.

I stated my ignorance, and you preceeded to call me ignorant, but in doing so, you did actually help.....a little....

beach tribe
03-16-2008, 10:49 PM
I spend my time tearing the transmissions out of rental cars, in other countries, on roads like these.

unlurking
03-16-2008, 10:49 PM
:D Your'e absolutely right.

I stated my ignorance, and you preceeded to call me ignorant, but in doing so, you did actually help.....a little....

rofl

Oh well, at least you'll know it's the same for when you migrate to Windows!

You might also try tinypic.com, for forums that don't let you attach pictures.

beach tribe
03-16-2008, 10:53 PM
He He