PDA

View Full Version : 10,000 BC

luv
03-19-2008, 07:36 AM
Anyone seen it? What did you think? It looks like something that would be better enjoyed in the theater as opposed to television, so I'm thinking of going to see it.

phisherman
03-19-2008, 07:44 AM
every review i've seen said that it was TERRIBLE. now i know critics aren't the most non-biased people around, but it does look pretty cheesy.

El Jefe
03-19-2008, 07:49 AM
I thought it was great and I would highly recommend the movie. I think Evolet (Camille Belle) is smoking hot, they make her character have these crazy bright blue eyes, and I think she looks great with the blue eyes. The movie has some pretty good action in it, and I will probably go and see it again in the theatres if I get some extra time.

El Jefe
03-19-2008, 07:53 AM
every review i've seen said that it was TERRIBLE. now i know critics aren't the most non-biased people around, but it does look pretty cheesy.

I really thought it was good. Now the best movie I have seen.....no......I think it's worth the price of admission, no doubt.

phisherman
03-19-2008, 08:06 AM
watching the previews, it looks like most of the action movies from the last few years.
100% eye candy, 0% substance.

QuikSsurfer
03-19-2008, 08:08 AM
Didn't the story have something about mammoths playing a role in the building of the pyramids? :shake:

keg in kc
03-19-2008, 08:59 AM
The guy behind it (Roland Emmerich) is responsible for some of the most blissfully retarded films of the last decade or so (Independence Day, Godzilla, The Day After Tomorrow) so if you do decide to see it, don't go in expecting much.

As far as reviews go, it has an almost unbelievable 10% at Rotten Tomatoes (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/10000_bc/).

Hammock Parties
03-19-2008, 09:00 AM
It was entertaining like all of Roland Emmerich's films.

Adept Havelock
03-19-2008, 09:23 AM
Is the "city" in the film Cata Huyuk? (Ancient city in Anatolia/Turkey).

For some reason that comes to mind everytime I see the trailer.

luv
03-19-2008, 09:52 AM
The guy behind it (Roland Emmerich) is responsible for some of the most blissfully retarded films of the last decade or so (Independence Day, Godzilla, The Day After Tomorrow) so if you do decide to see it, don't go in expecting much.

As far as reviews go, it has an almost unbelievable 10% at Rotten Tomatoes (http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/10000_bc/).

I liked Independence Day, didn't see Godzilla, and didn't really care for THe Day After Tomorrow (although I didn't watch the whole thing).

I'm not expecting any sort of interesting story line. I just thought maybe some of the graphics would be worth watching on the big screen. We have a cheap movie theater here. They show movies that are no longer in theaters, but not out on video yet. I may wait until it gets there.

keg in kc
03-19-2008, 09:54 AM
I should note that "blissfully retarded" is not as much of a slam as it sounds like. I enjoy all of Emmerich's movies, you just have to know what it is you're going to see...