PDA

View Full Version : Wii owners/Soccer fans

Chest Rockwell
03-20-2008, 08:51 AM
Pro Evolution Soccer 2008.

Get it. You'll thank me later.

I've never been a bit Soccer gaming fan, but this is outstanding. The new controls for Wii are a bit complicated, but they're pretty intuitive once you start playing a bit. Holy lord does it make a huge difference in gameplay.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ntIz_hA4STM&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ntIz_hA4STM&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

JBucc
03-20-2008, 09:11 AM
I've heard awesome things about it. Don't have a Wii though.

Deberg_1990
03-20-2008, 09:12 AM
Ive read a couple reviews of it that rated it outstanding. I may have to check it out.

JBucc
03-20-2008, 09:21 AM
Anyone know how the PC version is?

JBucc
03-20-2008, 09:22 AM
Anyone know how the PC version is? There aren't many reviews of it.

Chest Rockwell
03-20-2008, 09:32 AM
Anyone know how the PC version is? There aren't many reviews of it.

Haven't heard how the PC version is. I know that depending on what kind of gameplay experience you want (next gen consoles) should be your guide for if you get this (more realistic and strategy based) or FIFA (a bit more fast-paced/arcade-y).

IMO, the Wii control system makes this game. The ability to control the off-ball players and use space is incredible. I'm not sure the other platforms can offer the same experience with this game. They have several leagues and teams licensed, but there are several that are not as well. Most of the well-known teams that aren't licensed have real player names and actual uniform color schemes, just without the sponsors, etc. Licensing info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pro_Evolution_Soccer_2008

The tutorials for the controls are quick, easy and effective. There is also online play with this title.

Personally, I think it's the best game I've had for the Wii yet.

stlchiefs
03-20-2008, 10:18 AM
Is this a new game for Wii? I can find it on Amazon for all the other game systems, but not the Wii. It looks awesome, I was thinking of getting it for my younger brother for his birthday.

Chest Rockwell
03-20-2008, 10:52 AM
Is this a new game for Wii? I can find it on Amazon for all the other game systems, but not the Wii. It looks awesome, I was thinking of getting it for my younger brother for his birthday.

It was released Tuesday for the Wii, I picked up a copy yesterday at a local Gamestop. It's actually been pretty hard to find here, not a lot of preorders, so not many places had it.

Deberg_1990
03-20-2008, 10:02 PM
Bought it tonight. Only played it about 15 minutes so far, but damn, its great.

Very inventive and unique controls. Ive never played a sports game like it.

DJJasonp
03-20-2008, 10:29 PM
I think you sold me....next on my list of wii purchases...

Chest Rockwell
03-21-2008, 09:21 AM
Bought it tonight. Only played it about 15 minutes so far, but damn, its great.

Very inventive and unique controls. Ive never played a sports game like it.

Exactly my opinion. I think the Wii control system MAKES the game. Like I said, I've never really been into soccer games in the past, but this may be the best sports game of any type I've ever played.

And a relative bargain at 40 bones.

Deberg_1990
03-21-2008, 09:52 AM
Exactly my opinion. I think the Wii control system MAKES the game. Like I said, I've never really been into soccer games in the past, but this may be the best sports game of any type I've ever played.

And a relative bargain at 40 bones.

Have you played online yet? Ill try that later tonight...or maybe i should practive some more before i go get my a$$ beat by some 12 year old? hahah

Chest Rockwell
03-21-2008, 10:02 AM
Have you played online yet? Ill try that later tonight...or maybe i should practive some more before i go get my a$$ beat by some 12 year old? hahah

I haven't played online yet...I'm thinking the same about practicing before. I did start to connect to the online lobby Wednesday evening, but it looked like it was trying to select an opponent and put me straight into a match (not sure if that was actually the case or not), so I disconnected as I hadn't even done any tutorials yet.

All I have done is run through the unlocked tutorials, done a bit of "free practice," played a few quick matches, and last night started an International Cup competition.

I'm interested to see how well the online works, haven't really heard any chatter from anyone else as far as the Wii online capability with this game...I don't do a lot of online play, the only other game I have that supports it is MOH: Heros 2 and all I've even done online with that is log into the lobby.