PDA

View Full Version : How Digg.com caught the dumbest criminal on the interwebs...

jAZ
03-23-2008, 02:03 AM
So 15 hours ago, a guy submits this entry to Digg.com.

http://digg.com/xbox/WOW_You_re_a_MORON

WOW, You’re a MORON!
blog.mcfearsome.com — This kid robbed my house, this is the story so far.

This is a mirrored link to the blog entry he created. The original site has crashed from visitor overload.

http://registrationfee.net/

The Cliff Notes version of the story is that some gamer-kid broke into this guy's house and stole a laptop, an Xbox and a TV. The guy calls around to pawn shops and stumbles across the store where the kid tried to pawn the laptop. The pawn shop gave him pictures of the kid.

http://lh4.google.com/Enochrisen/R9tA_x6VbkI/AAAAAAAABaY/f1SkbQdixfA/100_1736.JPG.jpg?imgmax=400

http://lh3.google.com/Enochrisen/R9tBCh6VbmI/AAAAAAAABao/a9wbtV7kHM4/100_1738.JPG.jpg?imgmax=576

So the victim gets another Xbox and hooks it up, logs in to his XboxLive account and gets a voicemail from the thief offering to sell it back to him. He sends the message using his own person XboxLive account.

Here's the Xbox Live account.
http://live.xbox.com/en-US/profile/profile.aspx?pp=0&GamerTag=I+iRaNDoM+I

Here's the voice message.
http://www.zshare.net/audio/93658707951f3c/

So the victim submits his story to Digg and includes the the commenters have swarmed the thief's life.

First comes this post digging up the thief's YouTube account...

OK, so i posted on the 360 Forum to see if anyone could help this guy, and i got this reply....

"I checked out his gamer profile and it looks like Mr. Dumbass goes by KINGSIKE11 as well. A google search for that turned up his ghetto YouTube profile, featuring him trying to rap -----http://www.youtube.com/user/KINGSIKE11 ----took this off the page.lol. i would beat this kid silly" - MISBELIEF

Nothing wrong with cyber sleuthing!!! Can any1 back this up??

From his YouTube video they get his name...

according to his youtube vid his name is JoJoe!! :)
Then they set up an IRC chat room and a Skypecast to work together in real time... Leading to his myspace page...

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=179197262

And then his AIM account... where a Digger notifies him of what's going on...

MaXsG v (11:30:58 PM): hey babay
ParanoidDublets (11:31:14 PM): kick the **** back Rump Rangergot
MaXsG v (11:31:30 PM): hot stuff
MaXsG v (11:31:52 PM): You wana be my lover you gotta get with mah friends
MaXsG v (11:33:22 PM): you there?
ParanoidDublets (11:34:04 PM): no
MaXsG v (11:34:19 PM): oh yes you are you sneaky baboon
MaXsG v (11:35:10 PM): you know you're going to jail for jacking that xbox
MaXsG v (11:35:15 PM): that was real smooth
MaXsG v (11:35:28 PM): then holding it for ransome, hhahahah
ParanoidDublets (11:35:45 PM): what the ****
ParanoidDublets (11:35:46 PM): haha
ParanoidDublets (11:35:48 PM): whats this
ParanoidDublets (11:35:57 PM): your house got robbed bitch haha
ParanoidDublets (11:35:59 PM): Rump Rangergot
MaXsG v (11:36:03 PM): not mine
MaXsG v (11:36:10 PM): you're all over the internet
MaXsG v (11:36:22 PM): go to digg.com, you're on the front page
MaXsG v (11:36:50 PM): look at the top ten list on the right side of the page, click on : WOW, You’re a MORON!
ParanoidDublets (11:37:43 PM): you idiots have the wrong person
ParanoidDublets (11:37:45 PM): ****ing toys
MaXsG v (11:37:54 PM): lol, righto
ParanoidDublets (11:38:25 PM): hahaha
ParanoidDublets (11:38:31 PM): your shit got tobbed
ParanoidDublets (11:38:34 PM): pussy
MaXsG v (11:38:57 PM): Are you dense? I said it wasn't me
MaXsG v (11:39:04 PM): I just read the article
ParanoidDublets (11:39:09 PM): **** you
ParanoidDublets (11:39:11 PM): suck my dick
“ParanoidDublets” signed off at 11:39:13 PM.

Thought this was funny...

I just checked "the moron's" MySpace page and he is currently online and his mood is "Nervous".

God I love mob rule...

From a comment on YouTube about the IRC Chat...

Update: they have your myspace, gamertag, your friends myspaces, pics of one of your friends penis (someone forgot to keep his pics private). They also have your ip, your home address, your phone number. They have everything. Give back the the stuff you stole.

Thig Lyfe
03-23-2008, 02:10 AM
Why couldn't this have happened when that guy bragged about stealing a laptop here on ChiefsPlanet?

Maybe it's the same guy. Seems dumb enough to fit.

pr_capone
03-23-2008, 02:15 AM
That is pretty damn funny.

Gotta love the net.

meStevo
03-23-2008, 03:00 AM
I got to help do something similar back when I played EQ1, a reverend came to our forum from his making holier than thou remarks. We dug up everything including his houseplans, a copy of his reverend certification or something like that, bunch of other stuff. Stuff is easy to find when people are so willing to put it out there (see: Myspace).

A reverend is at least somewhat public, but as soon as you have someone's name. Myspace and services similar put everyone's information right at that level, making it just as easy.

Used to love Digg and sites like it (N4G), but the mob there just makes it not a fun site to visit anymore, just full of sensationalized stuff.

beavis
03-23-2008, 04:08 AM
LEEEEEROOOOOYYYYY JENNNNNNNNKKINNNSSSSSS

DenverChief
03-23-2008, 06:00 AM
I dunno why he just doesn't call the cops....doin gthis kinda stuff can open you up to some legal problems too

Chiefaholic
03-23-2008, 09:07 AM
I dunno why he just doesn't call the cops....doin gthis kinda stuff can open you up to some legal problems too

If they're anything like the police around here, they wouldn't have done anything anyway. When my car was broke into, all they did was show up and write down what was missing, nothing else. These people went therough everything in my car, including the glovebox and the trunk. If they actually gave a shit, they would have at least fingerprinted the obvious places they touched the vehicle.

Just by accident, my neighbor's HS kid was at school where another kid was bragging about breaking into a car and described my house to a tee. Turns out this punk lives three blocks from my house. So, like a dumbass, I give the information to the police which included the kids name and address. Do you know what happened.... Not a damn thing.

Later in life, my daughters cell phone was stolen from a combination locker in the locker room while she was at track practice. There's camera's all over the high school, so it should be easy to look at the video to see who was inside the school after hours during the 1 1/2 hour practice, right? Appearantly not.... That actually requires the local police to give a shit and earn their paychecks in other ways than issuing traffic tickets to actual law abiding citizens. So two days later, I go to my local cell phone provider and ask if the phone was used after the time it was stolen. He gave me the times and numbers called. Once again, like a dumbass, I give the information to the police. All they have to do now is call some of those numbers and ask who called at X date and X time (it's only two days). Guess the results..... Not a damn thing.

If you want something done that doesn't involve a serious crime, do it yourself because the police don't give a shit about people's personal posessions.

DaFace
03-23-2008, 09:13 AM

Click the first link. He did. Twice. They haven't done anything.

jAZ
03-23-2008, 09:15 AM

Ready? OK. So this guy decided to leave me a voice message explicitly stating that he stole my Halo edition xbox 360 and that I could buy it back from him. Are you ****ing kidding me? First thing I checked is whether or not it was a new account and sure enough the account shows usage back to 2007 and I'm willing to bet that it's his personal account and will have his info associated with it. I wasn't sure what to do so I tried calling East Detectives and was basically told to call back M-F during normal business hours, while I was on the phone I received TWO more messages from the culprit and explained to the person on the other end of the phone that I was now being harassed by the person who robbed my house and was hung up on.

GOOD JOB PHILADELPHIA POLICE, Gold Stars all around!

crazycoffey
03-23-2008, 09:18 AM
If you want something done that doesn't involve a serious crime, do it yourself because the police don't give a shit about people's personal posessions.

Maybe it's not the cops in your area, maybe it's just your shit they don't care about...

you're just a victim of POP!

jAZ
03-23-2008, 09:49 AM
Heh...

Someone found his login on this "How To Videos" website.

Here's the list of recent videos he watched.... From most recent down to oldest.

(login required)
http://www.wonderhowto.com/community/member/iirandomi/watched-videos/

Make dice, if you happen to be in prison
(3:06) A- Learn how to perfect your craps game while in prison. This video demonstrates how to make dice from toilet paper, water and a ball point ...more

Views 1661Format FlashAdded 10 months agoComments 1Submitted By entermeArts & Crafts • Paper Designs

Make a candle, if you happen to be in prison
(3:30) A- Stuck in the slammer? Here's a way to shine a little light. Learn from the once incarcerated Angelo how you can use your apple sauce trash ...more

Views 175Format QuickTimeAdded 10 months agoComments 1Submitted By entermeArts & Crafts • Candle Making

Rob homes with a long stick
(3:25) A Real Hustle TV shows you the long stick trick - a method of robbing houses using a variety of long sticks. Thieves can use your letter box ...more

Views 168Format FlashAdded 4 months agoComments 0Submitted By cwiltzMagic & Parlor Tricks • Snarky Tricks

Rob a house using the prize steal scam
(6:46) B+ Real Hustle TV shows you an elaborate scheme to case a house and break into it after getting the owners to leave the house under the ...more

Views 214Format FlashAdded 4 months agoComments 0Submitted By cwiltzMagic & Parlor Tricks • Snarky Tricks

Rob a delivery van using van dragging
(6:26) A- Real Hustle TV shows you a method known as van dragging. See how hustlers can con a delivery person into giving them goods that were ...more

Views 135Format FlashAdded 4 months agoComments 0Submitted By cwiltzMagic & Parlor Tricks • Snarky Tricks

Beat Act 3 of Call of Duty 4
(6:40) A Learn how to beat Act 3 of Call of Duty 4 for the XBox, 360, Playstation 3 (PS3), and PC on veteran difficulty with this video from ...more

Bwana
03-23-2008, 10:09 AM

That has been my experience in a few cases and I have went with the "do it yourself program." :evil:

As far as the story, with this much face time on the web, he will be sporting soap on a rope in the near future, what a douche bag.

Buehler445
03-23-2008, 10:28 AM
If they're anything like the police around here, they wouldn't have done anything anyway. When my car was broke into, all they did was show up and write down what was missing, nothing else. These people went therough everything in my car, including the glovebox and the trunk. If they actually gave a shit, they would have at least fingerprinted the obvious places they touched the vehicle.

Just by accident, my neighbor's HS kid was at school where another kid was bragging about breaking into a car and described my house to a tee. Turns out this punk lives three blocks from my house. So, like a dumbass, I give the information to the police which included the kids name and address. Do you know what happened.... Not a damn thing.

Later in life, my daughters cell phone was stolen from a combination locker in the locker room while she was at track practice. There's camera's all over the high school, so it should be easy to look at the video to see who was inside the school after hours during the 1 1/2 hour practice, right? Appearantly not.... That actually requires the local police to give a shit and earn their paychecks in other ways than issuing traffic tickets to actual law abiding citizens. So two days later, I go to my local cell phone provider and ask if the phone was used after the time it was stolen. He gave me the times and numbers called. Once again, like a dumbass, I give the information to the police. All they have to do now is call some of those numbers and ask who called at X date and X time (it's only two days). Guess the results..... Not a damn thing.

I hear you dude, my girlfriend got robbed by the PEOPLE ACROSS THE STREET and the police did nothing. They came and ruined all the stuff that they didn't take by "fingerprinting it" (All they did is throw graphite powder around. I could have done a much better job, and I've done it precisely never) then take more of her shit so they could send it to the KBI for fingerprint analysis (which they said takes a year and a half minimum).

But the ****ing morons didn't even try. They didn't fingerprint the refrigerator (the theives stole food), the window (where they threw shit out), they didn't notice a pack of cigarettes on the floor (weren't my hers or her roommates), then when I told them that they should look into it, they picked it up without gloves and stuck it in the bag of my girlfriend's shit. Didn't even fingerprint it.

They didn't do any policework at all. None.

Frustrating as hell. I'd hate to think what would have happened if she was there and they smoked her or raped her or something. That would have been aweful.

KCChiefsMan
03-23-2008, 03:31 PM
this idiot definately needs an ass beating and I have a feeling he will get that!

mikeyis4dcats.
03-23-2008, 03:48 PM
it is bullshit that cops don't usually do more to investigate personal property crimes, but to be fair, it IS more difficult to get useful fingerprints in real life that it is made to appear on tv. very few surfaces yield good usable prints, and many other factors can cause any prints there to degrade.

crazycoffey
03-23-2008, 09:31 PM
it is bullshit that cops don't usually do more to investigate personal property crimes, but to be fair, it IS more difficult to get useful fingerprints in real life that it is made to appear on tv. very few surfaces yield good usable prints, and many other factors can cause any prints there to degrade.

yeah, well - TV be damned. Cops are still asses.....

Skip Towne
03-23-2008, 10:43 PM
yeah, well - TV be damned. Cops are still asses.....

Agreed

crazycoffey
03-24-2008, 07:06 AM
Agreed

at least they are a step up from Dish Installers....