PDA

View Full Version : Disabled pregnant woman used as target practice

LiL stumppy
03-23-2008, 10:49 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/03/21/torture.slaying.ap/index.html

ALTON, Illinois (AP) -- Banished to the basement, the 29-year-old mother with a childlike mind and another baby on the way had little more than a thin rug and a mattress to call her own on the chilly concrete floor.
art.torture.slaying.ap.jpg

Five adults and a 12-year-old child were charged with Dorothy Dixon's murder.

Dorothy Dixon ate what she could forage from the refrigerator upstairs, where housemates used her for target practice with BBs, burned her with a glue gun and doused her with scalding liquid that peeled away her skin.

They torched what few clothes she had, so she walked around naked. They often pummeled her with an aluminum bat or metal handle.

Dixon -- six months pregnant -- died after weeks of abuse. Police have charged two adults, three teenagers and a 12-year-old boy with murder in the case that has repulsed many in this Mississippi River town.

"This is heartbreaking," police Lt. David Hayes said. "It was almost as though they were making fun of the abuse they were administering. This woman was almost like living in a prison."

Investigators put much of the blame on Michelle Riley, 35, who they said befriended Dixon but pocketed monthly Social Security checks she got because of her developmental delays.

Dixon saw little, if any, of the money, Hayes said. For months she weathered the torment to keep a roof over her head and that of her year-old son, who weighed just 15 pounds when taken into state custody after his mom's death.

"I've never seen an almost conspiratorial effort by a group of people to continuously torture someone until she finally died, then not really show any remorse," Hayes said. "It was just a slow, torturous, tragic way to die. I highly doubt Dorothy Dixon even knew she was dying."

Riley, 43-year-old Judy Woods and three teenagers, including Riley's 15-year-old daughter, LeShelle McBride, are charged with first-degree murder, aggravated and heinous battery, intentional homicide of an unborn child, and unlawful restraint. Riley's 12-year-old son is charged as a juvenile.

Riley, her daughter, Woods and 16-year-old Benny Wilson have public defenders who did not immediately return messages for comment. An 18-year-old defendant, Michael Elliott, planned to get his own attorney, court records show.

All remain in jail on $1 million bond.

Messages left with a Chicago-area sister of Dixon went unreturned, but neighbors, Hayes and newspaper accounts offer a mosaic of the months leading to Dixon's demise inside the small, white, blue-shuttered house.

Riley and Dixon, police said, had lived in Quincy, a Mississippi River town about 100 miles north of St. Louis, Mo. Quincy is where Riley worked as a coordinator for a regional center that helps the developmentally disabled with housing and other services. Dixon was a client.

For years, an impoverished Riley struggled raising her children. Her use of methamphetamine and cocaine brought drug convictions in 2002 and 2004. But with treatment and housing help from the Quincy YWCA, Riley put her life in order -- so much that in February of last year, the Quincy Herald-Whig did a story on her comeback.

Last summer, Dixon and Riley moved into the $800-a-month, three-bedroom rental in Alton about 15 miles north of St. Louis. From the start, neighbors Chad Hudson and Terri Brandt considered Riley trouble.

"Michelle was evil, vindictive. Manipulative," said Hudson, convinced the teenagers were Riley's powerless minions.

"She was angry, vicious," added Brandt.

Riley considered Dixon her slave, making her rub Riley's feet until Riley fell asleep and forcing her to run naked around the house when she got in trouble, the neighbors said.

"Being in their house was like being in a prison day room," Hudson said. "They just sat around the kitchen table and fought."

There was little question that Riley ruled the roost.

While doing fix-ups on the home last fall, landlord Steve Atkins saw Riley "barking orders" at the children and everyone else. Atkins joked to her whether he needed to call the Army and see if they wanted their drill sergeant back.

"She didn't laugh about it at all," Atkins said. "Obviously, I hit a nerve."

Atkins said Dixon generally kept to herself "but was always nice when she spoke to you." He saw no hints she'd been suffering or tortured.

"I would have never, ever suspected something like this," he said. "It's definitely shocking."

Police said Dixon was allowed out of the house but didn't say under what conditions. Hayes didn't know who the father of Dixon's fetus is.

Hayes said things apparently came to a head Jan. 30, when investigators believe that Woods, during a dispute, beat Dixon on the head with an object Hayes wouldn't identify. The next day Woods found her dead.

Hayes watched the autopsy and found her injuries disturbing. X-rays revealed roughly 30 BBs lodged in her. Deep-tissue burns covered about one-third of her body -- her face, her chest, her arms and feet -- and left her severely dehydrated. Her face and body showed signs of prolonged abuse. Many of her wounds were infected.

None of the injuries, Hayes said, proved singly fatal to Dixon. Her system already was taxed by her unborn baby.

"The autopsy sort of indicates her immune system just shut down," he said. "It was not capable of fending off any more."

In the rental home's basement, Atkins said, he found spots of blood in a shower and tiny smears on the concrete floor, washer and dryer.

"It's disgraceful the way this girl died, as kind and as sweet as this girl was," he said. "She didn't deserve to die the way she did. It's just terrible, senseless. It's just a total shame."

http://i.l.cnn.net/cnn/2008/CRIME/03/21/torture.slaying.ap/art.torture.slaying.ap.jpg

Gah, insane :shake:

Bowser
03-23-2008, 10:55 AM
Holy shit.

ArrowheadHawk
03-23-2008, 10:58 AM
Hang 'Em all.

Pitt Gorilla
03-23-2008, 11:17 AM
Unreal. Enjoy your time in hell.

JBucc
03-23-2008, 11:19 AM
Even the 12 year old looks evil.

kstater
03-23-2008, 11:19 AM
:(

L.A. Chieffan
03-23-2008, 11:20 AM
Where's the little retarded kid playing the banjo?

Phobia
03-23-2008, 11:24 AM
Judy Woods looks like a frick'n frog.

doomy3
03-23-2008, 11:29 AM
Unbelievable.

Although, I wonder what prison is like. Having boiling water poured on you, shot with BBs, forced to be naked, beaten with bats... ALMOST as bad as prison.

"This is heartbreaking," police Lt. David Hayes said. "It was almost as though they were making fun of the abuse they were administering. This woman was almost like living in a prison."

ArrowheadHawk
03-23-2008, 11:33 AM
Unbelievable.

Although, I wonder what prison is like. Having boiling water poured on you, shot with BBs, forced to be naked, beaten with bats... ALMOST as bad as prison.

Prison must be pretty bad.

Fire Me Boy!
03-23-2008, 11:41 AM
Hang 'Em all.

That's WAY too easy. This kind of shit makes me favor eye-for-eye treatment. Figure out how long this girl had been abused, and do the same shit to her.

ArrowheadHawk
03-23-2008, 11:43 AM
That's WAY too easy. This kind of shit makes me favor eye-for-eye treatment. Figure out how long this girl had been abused, and do the same shit to her.
That would be too unethical for Americans to do. It sounds like fun though.

DaFace
03-23-2008, 11:44 AM
Jeez...things like this make me think we need to have an "eye for an eye" law. Lock 'em all up the basement with no food and a shitty bed, then invite people to shoot 'em with BB's all day long.

DaFace
03-23-2008, 11:45 AM

Ha, you're a smart guy, I tell ya.

pikesome
03-23-2008, 11:50 AM
Unbelievable.

That struck me too.

I guess going to jail in Illinois is a bad idea.

KcMizzou
03-23-2008, 11:51 AM
In situations like this, I always wonder how five people that crazy all got together. One psycho is kind of understandable... it just happens. But five? What are the odds? Not one of them ever said, "Uh, guys? WTF?", or secretly went to the police.

You'd think one of them might at least be a little less crazy...

Fire Me Boy!
03-23-2008, 11:53 AM
In situations like this, I always wonder how five people that crazy all got together. One psycho is kind of understandable... it just happens. But five? What are the odds? Not one of them ever said, "Uh, guys? WTF?", or secretly went to the police.

You'd think one of them might at least be a little less crazy...

Mob mentality. Very sad.

ArrowheadHawk
03-23-2008, 11:56 AM
Mob mentality. Very sad.
Peer pressure. If one person thinks its cool so do the others.

pikesome
03-23-2008, 12:08 PM

Don't forget the money. I'm sure the "minions" didn't see much but they had to have enjoyed it's fruits somewhat.

eazyb81
03-23-2008, 12:43 PM

I completely agree, I'm not sure why our country can't handle this type of punishement.

If you beat someone with a bat, you deserve to get your ass beat with a bat instead of just sit the rest of your life in prison and get free food and rent.

Bob Dole
03-23-2008, 12:48 PM
Where's the little retarded kid playing the banjo?

He was drinking beer at Fat Jack's Oyster Bar in Texarkana, AR about a month ago.

(Bob Dole is completely serious.)

kaplin42
03-23-2008, 01:19 PM
I'm having a hard time believing this. If it is real, then all I can say is a I need a fishing boat, some flechettes, lots of lemon just, some rubibing alchohol and hooks.

I have always wanted to go deep see fishing. And I just found me 5 pieces of bait.

Sick ass bastards, I hope everyone one of them gets analy raped with a chainsaw.

MTG#10
03-23-2008, 01:28 PM
Stories like this make you wonder how anyone could be against the death penalty.

Thig Lyfe
03-23-2008, 01:32 PM
That's just awful.

Woods looks like a f*ckin' Star Wars character.

The lifetime movie is already in production.

Lonewolf Ed
03-23-2008, 01:48 PM
Jeez...things like this make me think we need to have an "eye for an eye" law. Lock 'em all up the basement with no food and a shitty bed, then invite people to shoot 'em with BB's all day long.

I'm a pretty decent shot. I bet I could hit kneecaps, nutsacs, fingernails. If you only pump it like 3 times, it won't penetrate very far if at all, but will sting like hell. I'd give the BB gun at least five pumps for the kneecaps, though. If they don't like having BBs lodged in their knees, they can always try to dig them out. None of these people deserve a prison cell with a bed, three meals a day, and all the other things our tax dollars provide inmates.

Lonewolf Ed
03-23-2008, 01:49 PM
That's just awful.

Woods looks like a f*ckin' Star Wars character.

The lifetime movie is already in production.

You are right! She does look a lot like a shaved Ewok who has gone to the Dark Side...

blueballs
03-23-2008, 02:22 PM
at the VERY least
sterilization all around

stonedstooge
03-23-2008, 03:03 PM
It never ceases to amaze me what a fellow human will do to another. It's very disturbing that things like this happen in our wonderful country daily. In a school district I worked in we had a couple of kids taken from a mother whose method of punishment seemed minor in comparison to this, but frightening none the less. To punish her two little boys with company in the house, she would take them into the restroom make them get in the bathtub and urinate on them. While people were there! My God what did she do to them in private? These types of people need to be put in a special place where they can be treated to the same offenses they committed. Especially those that harm the young and innocent. I pray to God that these types of people would never be allowed into existance on this Earth.

Mr. Laz
03-23-2008, 05:37 PM
my gawd ...... 5 reasons to keep the death penalty in practice.

i don't know what to do with the 12 year old :shake:

KCChiefsMan
03-23-2008, 05:39 PM
I swear, what is wrong with people? Capitol punishment needs to be used more frequently and not have to wait 15 yrs to do it if you have 100% proof

The Franchise
03-23-2008, 08:09 PM
my gawd ...... 5 reasons to keep the death penalty in practice.

i don't know what to do with the 12 year old :shake:

Death is too good for these people. I'd seriously tie them to a stake and set them on fire. Let them burn for 15 seconds and then put them out. Let the wounds get infected....and then repeat the process until they die from shock.

Brock
03-23-2008, 08:11 PM
I would like to see all of those people burned at the stake.

LiL stumppy
03-23-2008, 08:14 PM
What would you do to the 12 year old in this case, I almost fill sorry for her. You can't really blame a child who was raised into those circumstances, not to mention taught that these things were wrong. Could you try the 12 year old as an adult?

The Franchise
03-23-2008, 08:16 PM
What would you do to the 12 year old in this case, I almost fill sorry for her. You can't really blame a child who was raised into those circumstances, not to mention taught that these things were wrong. Could you try the 12 year old as an adult?

I don't care if she's 12 or not. At 12....you know right from wrong. In my eyes....the 12 year old is just as bad as them.

mikey23545
03-23-2008, 08:49 PM

Ridiculous.

Peer pressure makes you get a funny haircut , drink too much, or try pot for the first time.

It could never be used as an excuse for this barbaric behavior. These people need to be tortured to death in prime time.

blueballs
03-23-2008, 09:01 PM
http://i.l.cnn.net/cnn/2008/CRIME/03/21/torture.slaying.ap/art.torture.slaying.ap.jpg

Riley, 43-year-old Judy Woods and three teenagers, including Riley's 15-year-old daughter, LeShelle McBride, are charged with first-degree murder, aggravated and heinous battery, intentional homicide of an unborn child, and unlawful restraint. Riley's 12-year-old son is charged as a juvenile.

Riley, her daughter, Woods and 16-year-old Benny Wilson have public defenders who did not immediately return messages for comment. An 18-year-old defendant, Michael Elliott, planned to get his own attorney, court records show.

LiL stumppy
03-23-2008, 09:26 PM
Ah, I thought the girl was the 12 year old.

Frazod
03-23-2008, 09:27 PM
Stories like this make you wonder how anyone could be against the death penalty.

Anyone who is should be thrown in a cell with these scumbags for 24 hours. I'll bet they wouldn't be after that. Assuming they survived.

KCFalcon59
03-23-2008, 09:44 PM
antifreeze

CosmicPal
03-23-2008, 09:56 PM
Wow...a lot of people here for capital punishment. I'm not exactly sure how I feel about capital punishment, particularly given our legal system which happens to be putting innocent people to death for crimes they did not commit. But, that's evidently irrelevant in this case.

Death seems like the easy way out for these losers. I prefer a person should have to wait as long as they can in solitary confinement- a cold, dark cell with meager bread and water. A place where they would have to suffer both physically and mentally alone, and think about the crimes they committed for as long as they remain alive- just them and the cold, stone floor they share with foraging sewer rats. Just for fun, pipe a continuous stream of a Backstreet Boys song into their cell day and night, or place a strobe light in the room for a month, or make them watch one episode from The Facts of Life over and over and over again. :D Killing them only removes them from ever experiencing the pain of their actions.

Capital punishment is not a deterrent to crime, nor has it ever been. I'm all for the "eye-for-an-eye" punishment and returning to the "uncivilized" form of public humiliation we did so many years ago. There have been discussions of doing televised executions and maybe in a case like this one- we should consider doing such a thing.

Frazod
03-23-2008, 10:28 PM
Wow...a lot of people here for capital punishment. I'm not exactly sure how I feel about capital punishment, particularly given our legal system which happens to be putting innocent people to death for crimes they did not commit. But, that's evidently irrelevant in this case.

Death seems like the easy way out for these losers. I prefer a person should have to wait as long as they can in solitary confinement- a cold, dark cell with meager bread and water. A place where they would have to suffer both physically and mentally alone, and think about the crimes they committed for as long as they remain alive- just them and the cold, stone floor they share with foraging sewer rats. Just for fun, pipe a continuous stream of a Backstreet Boys song into their cell day and night, or place a strobe light in the room for a month, or make them watch one episode from The Facts of Life over and over and over again. :D Killing them only removes them from ever experiencing the pain of their actions.

Capital punishment is not a deterrent to crime, nor has it ever been. I'm all for the "eye-for-an-eye" punishment and returning to the "uncivilized" form of public humiliation we did so many years ago. There have been discussions of doing televised executions and maybe in a case like this one- we should consider doing such a thing.

Capital punishment in its current form certainly doesn't seem to be much of a deterrent - some animal sits in a cell for 15 years while the government expends untold thousands of dollars in legal fees fighting for and against carrying out the legally mandated punishment. Then, IF the sentence isn't overturned by some shitbag judge or pandering politician, the animal gets lulled off to a peaceful, sleepy, private death.

What a crock of shit.

ONE appeal.

PUBLIC executions.

Some dirtbag seeing their bro homey fall through the trap door, hearing his neck snap like a twig, and watching his twitching body spin at the end of a noose while piss and shit run down his dead leg would be a deterrent, IMO.

Also, I don't buy into the idea of keeping these vermin alive for any reason. Prison and rehabilitation are for a certain level of crimes - people like this sick bitch just need removed from the world. Hanging, firing squad, guillotine, whatever. Make it quick, efficient and public, for the good of the state. And if it happens to hurt a bit, BFD.

Despite what we have been led to believe, human life is not precious, although it can be. What is precious about Michelle Riley? NOTHING.

We are not an endangered species. In fact, there are way too many of us. Why waste resources on the scum of the earth?

Demonpenz
03-23-2008, 10:45 PM
I don't even read this shit anymore. I just go straight to a joke.

smittysbar
03-23-2008, 10:47 PM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...........unbelievable...........!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Extra Point
03-23-2008, 11:06 PM
Great line-up for a session with an Iron Byron with a grass whip.

KCChiefsMan
03-24-2008, 01:27 AM
Capital punishment in its current form certainly doesn't seem to be much of a deterrent - some animal sits in a cell for 15 years while the government expends untold thousands of dollars in legal fees fighting for and against carrying out the legally mandated punishment. Then, IF the sentence isn't overturned by some shitbag judge or pandering politician, the animal gets lulled off to a peaceful, sleepy, private death.

What a crock of shit.

ONE appeal.

PUBLIC executions.

Some dirtbag seeing their bro homey fall through the trap door, hearing his neck snap like a twig, and watching his twitching body spin at the end of a noose while piss and shit run down his dead leg would be a deterrent, IMO.

Also, I don't buy into the idea of keeping these vermin alive for any reason. Prison and rehabilitation are for a certain level of crimes - people like this sick bitch just need removed from the world. Hanging, firing squad, guillotine, whatever. Make it quick, efficient and public, for the good of the state. And if it happens to hurt a bit, BFD.

Despite what we have been led to believe, human life is not precious, although it can be. What is precious about Michelle Riley? NOTHING.

We are not an endangered species. In fact, there are way too many of us. Why waste resources on the scum of the earth?

damn, I'm not sure if I could have said that better myself.

Rain Man
03-24-2008, 01:38 AM
I don't even read this shit anymore. I just go straight to a joke.

Why was 7 afraid of 8?

Because 8 was shooting 9 with a BB gun.

Rain Man
03-24-2008, 01:43 AM
Capital punishment in its current form ...

I used to have the same opinion, but I have to admit, the fact that DNA technology is proving so many wrong convictions in major cases has caused me to change my mind. I don't think the death penalty should be used since it's an irreversible action and since our criminal legal system has been proven to be flawed in recent years. Keep 'em alive in case some other new technology comes along in the future.

I know the logical argument to this is that we know these people are guilty, but all those people being freed from death row now were found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, too. You can't fry these folks without frying those other folks, and I don't think we ought to be doing that at this point.

ChiefaRoo
03-24-2008, 02:53 AM
This just in. I'm using skip towne for bb gun practice. I call him over for dish problems and then snipe at him from my customized "Skip Blind" while wasted on Guiness. I usually can get 3 to 4 rounds into him before he realizes they're not bee.

ChiefaRoo
03-24-2008, 02:54 AM
On a serious note. There is no limit to human kindness and conversely human brutality.

DenverChief
03-24-2008, 05:34 AM
Death is too good for these people. I'd seriously tie them to a stake and set them on fire. Let them burn for 15 seconds and then put them out. Let the wounds get infected....and then repeat the process until they die from shock.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zrzMhU_4m-g&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zrzMhU_4m-g&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

DenverChief
03-24-2008, 05:35 AM
Seriously these people need to be taken into the woods....

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-24-2008, 05:52 AM
They should be forced to work on a hog farm for 5 years!!!!!

bkkcoh
03-24-2008, 06:36 AM
The prison system is a deterrent for crime either. Is it? Some people are not deterred in illegal activities by anything.

I don't have an issue with the death penalty in this day and time, because of the evidence that would be required to be there before the punishment is death. In the past, I could see where an innocent man could be convicted and that is sad. I would think it would be hard to find a jury convicting a person of a capital crime without the right and correct evidence. There have been jurors admit that they didn't find the person guilty because there wasn't 'CSI' evidence sufficient enough to convict of a crime, much less a capital crime.

Does anyone have the numbers of murders that take place in the US and the number of them that have the death penalty?

Duck Dog
03-24-2008, 07:44 AM

I want to stomp mud holes in each and every one of them.

Iowanian
03-24-2008, 09:46 AM
My only reaction to this is that I have a lot of un-Christian suggestions for those "people".

kepp
03-24-2008, 10:39 AM
Good Lord....there aren't words for this.