PDA

View Full Version : Why do people feel the urge to cheat at fantasy sports?

Mecca
03-24-2008, 10:18 PM
I had this hockey league easily won, I had a bigger gap between me and the 2nd place guy than the 2nd place guy had from the 9th place guy...

So what happens when the playoffs start, this guy adds and drops basically half his team every day so he can play full lineups, and beats me 5-4 doing that..

What kinda shady business is that and what kinda loser does this?

a1na2
03-24-2008, 10:22 PM
I had this hockey league easily won, I had a bigger gap between me and the 2nd place guy than the 2nd place guy had from the 9th place guy...

So what happens when the playoffs start, this guy adds and drops basically half his team every day so he can play full lineups, and beats me 5-4 doing that..

What kinda shady business is that and what kinda loser does this?

that is someone that has to win at all costs. ie. NE Head Coach.

mikey23545
03-24-2008, 10:22 PM
I don't know anything about fantasy sports, but is there some reason you couldn't have done the same thing as that guy? And if so, aren't you just a whiny little bitch?

Mecca
03-24-2008, 10:23 PM
Um I had the best team in the league, why would I want to drop anyone, if I did all my players would get claimed where he just kept swapping shitty players around to get points...

It's an accepted fact that you just don't do this, it's cheating.

Sure-Oz
03-24-2008, 10:24 PM
Why didn't you do the same thing? i did that with my pitchers before that won't pitch again, the other team could've done it too. I thought this would've been about trading guys last second with unfair value.

Sure-Oz
03-24-2008, 10:24 PM
Um I had the best team in the league, why would I want to drop anyone, if I did all my players would get claimed where he just kept swapping shitty players around to get points...

Why not cut the players that won't play again? I don't know... i don't play fantasy hockey

Mecca
03-24-2008, 10:26 PM
If I had dropped anyone they would have been claimed.....I can't play the same game, I had several top rated players that had can't cut things by them that they gained over the season.

It's much easier to do that when your team sucks and no one will pick up guys you drop.

Mecca
03-24-2008, 10:27 PM
Why not cut the players that won't play again? I don't know... i don't play fantasy hockey

Think about playing fantasy baseball say you have the best team by far then you play a guy and he proceeds to pick up 5 starting pitchers each day yet his guys are so shitty no one will add anyone he drops so at the end of the week he beats you because he basically had a team of 50 guys.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-24-2008, 10:29 PM
The guy who did that is the same guy who would play with the Eagles in Madden '05, go into the Shotgun "Tight" formation, and throw a corner route to T.O. on every play.

The easiest way to fix shit like that: max transactions, per week and per year. If a guy does that, you lock his team down.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-24-2008, 10:31 PM
Think about playing fantasy baseball say you have the best team by far then you play a guy and he proceeds to pick up 5 starting pitchers each day yet his guys are so shitty no one will add anyone he drops so at the end of the week he beats you because he basically had a team of 50 guys.

that is pretty cheesy and is why if you play those goofy yahoo category head to head leagues you have to add losses and walks to the pitching categories to prevent them from doing that.

Sure-Oz
03-24-2008, 10:33 PM

Yeah that would be an extreme...and i'd probably be pissed if i lost that way and couldn't afford to play his game.

Mecca
03-24-2008, 10:35 PM
I'd post a nasty message on Yahoo but then I'd probably get some TOS warning.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-24-2008, 10:38 PM
See if you can find his IP....

Will track him down and get him to mark it zero.

This isn't 'Nam, it's fantasy baseball, there are rules.

HAS THE WHOLE WORLD GONE CRAZY??!!

Mecca
03-24-2008, 10:41 PM
Now how am I gonna find his IP, I'm not THAT computer savvy.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-24-2008, 10:45 PM
hire the hanson bros. to track em down for being a disgrace to hockey.

Hootie
03-24-2008, 10:47 PM
Mecca, you are friggin' retarded dude...this is COMMON practice in fantasy leagues ESPECIALLY come championship week...play in a money league and the best teams in head-to-head leagues stream players every week to get max games...it's dumb not to. That's why so many people love FFL, that's really the only fantasy sport where strategy takes a backseat to luck/knowledge...in FLB, FBA and fantasy hockey, unless you are playing rotisserie, head-to-head is all about streaming.

Mecca
03-24-2008, 10:49 PM
I'm sorry that is flat out cheating.....if I dropped any of my players they'd have been claimed. So because I drafted better I pay the price and lose?

Hootie with a pretty typical hootie answer, why am I not surprised.

Hootie
03-24-2008, 10:50 PM

Uhm, people do that...it's called strategy...if you don't like it, don't play head-to-head...I love people who bitch about streaming...I've been playing in fantasy baseball leagues where people set their alarm clocks for 12 PM Pacific time (2 central, 3 eastern, you get the point) so the day rolls over and they get the best choice of probable starters for the next day...

You must not play a lot of fantasy if this bothers you...if you're about quality rather than strategy play roto next time...I like roto better anyways but I don't know how you don't catch on after the first two days of this guy doing this...you should've beaten him at his own game moron.

Mecca
03-24-2008, 10:52 PM
I like how you missed the post about half my team having cant cut things and basically anyone i dropped was going to be claimed by someone else, yes I suck for drafting better than everyone else I guess.

That's a cheap way to play period, I've played in a ton of leagues and no one has ever done that before....really if you did that and I knew you, you'd leave with a broken nose.

Hootie
03-24-2008, 10:54 PM
I'm sorry that is flat out cheating.....if I dropped any of my players they'd have been claimed. So because I drafted better I pay the price and lose?

Hootie with a pretty typical hootie answer, why am I not surprised.

Mecca, I've been playing fantasy games on ESPN since 1996...since they are all pay leagues you tend to play with people who take this shit very seriously...in every H2H league you always leave two-four spots for streaming...sometimes you have to drop that borderline everyone-would-claim if dropped guy...having the best depth or best team does little good when the other team is getting 10+ more games than you per week...

and if it's legal it isn't cheating...whoever set your league up should have set a max games per week limit, and if he didn't, then you should've taken advantage of it like the other guy...

Example: ESPN fantasy basketball limits you to 42 games per week...so strategy is to get to 41 by Saturday night and get as many Sunday games as possible (because you can go over 42 as long as you do it on the same day)...so the best ESPN FBA players before the season jot down all of the teams number of Sunday games so if they are debating between Darren Williams (5 Sunday games) and Chris Paul (11 Sunday games) when it is their turn to draft they take Paul...

Just because you only look at one aspect of fantasy sports doesn't mean there aren't 10 or 15 you don't even think of...

03-24-2008, 10:55 PM
This is why I prefer dynasty leagues over yearly leagues. You have an invested interest in your players long term rather than knowing they are just dropping back into the draft pool at the end of the year.

Mecca
03-24-2008, 10:56 PM
Blow me, dropping half your team every single day is a chickenshit way to play.

cmh6476
03-24-2008, 10:56 PM
fantasy hockey is teh ghey

Hootie
03-24-2008, 10:57 PM
I like how you missed the post about half my team having cant cut things and basically anyone i dropped was going to be claimed by someone else, yes I suck for drafting better than everyone else I guess.

That's a cheap way to play period, I've played in a ton of leagues and no one has ever done that before....really if you did that and I knew you, you'd leave with a broken nose.

Ahahahahaha...it's not cheating if it isn't against the rules dumbass...I bet you play yahoo, don't you? No one has ever done that because 95% of the people who play free fantasy leagues either quit, don't give a shit, or don't know the strategies (like yourself)...

I've never played in a fantasy league on yahoo (other than football) that I haven't won...because people simply either don't pay attention or have know idea what they are doing.

so you have 1/2 of your team that you can't drop, awesome job, but when it is championship week why are you not dropping the 1/2 you can drop?

Seems like you are mad because you got owned by the lesser talented team but the much more talented owner...

Phobia
03-24-2008, 10:57 PM
Seems legal to me. He was at a disadvantage and parlayed it into a strength by utilizing existing players. I don't blame him. I don't play fantasy hockey but if I were up against the guy with the number one team, I'd do everything I could to swing the advantage to my favor.

So you lost, huh? Aren't you used to that by now?

Hootie
03-24-2008, 10:58 PM
Blow me, dropping half your team every single day is a chickenshit way to play.

then don't be a moron and play H2H...or play H2H and set a maximum moves limit...I played a H2H Fantasy Baseball league that limited teams to 100 moves for the entire season...you could do even less...shit, you could have a league with 0 moves and it would be all about the draft...

Instead you are bitching because some guy followed the rules and beat you because you were too ignorant to do the same thing on CHAMPIONSHIP WEEK.

How do you not realize that you were simply out-managed?

Mecca
03-24-2008, 10:59 PM
So basically you should just never show up to a draft because you are saying it doesn't matter at all.......good to know.

Love that strategy, well you might have better players than me but I'll make 500 transactions!

Hootie
03-24-2008, 11:01 PM
Seems legal to me. He was at a disadvantage and parlayed it into a strength by utilizing existing players. I don't blame him. I don't play fantasy hockey but if I were up against the guy with the number one team, I'd do everything I could to swing the advantage to my favor.

So you lost, huh? Aren't you used to that by now?

He's being ridiculous...H2H is about strategy, not about having the best draft. He's just used to playing is shitty leagues with shitty competition where he's probably the only one active at the end because there is nothing to play for in free leagues...you don't even get a friggin' t-shirt if you win.

cmh6476
03-24-2008, 11:02 PM
So basically you should just never show up to a draft because you are saying it doesn't matter at all.......good to know.

Love that strategy, well you might have better players than me but I'll make 500 transactions!

my first year in fantasy baseball, I used the SPBC (starting pitcher by committee) approcah, loading up on Ks and Ws each week, giving era and whip, so pitching categories were a wash. I loaded up on offense, and kicked ass most of the year.

Then come championship time, the guys I was going against used my strategy and kicked my ass.

Next year we changed to K/9, eliminating my automatic Ks win each week. You adjust league rules if you don't like this type of team dealings and then you dont have to worry about it. Not familiar with fantasy hockey rules, but I'm sure something can be done to minimize the advantage of that guy's strategy, if the rest of the league agrees it needs to change.

Hootie
03-24-2008, 11:02 PM

Depends on the league...if you don't draft in a roto league, you are screwed...you can make as many moves in FBA and if you don't have a good core you're screwed...

Fantasy baseball is different...so many players burst on the scene every year and pitchers, I'd say the draft is about the least important process of the season.

Of course fantasy baseball is my expertise, I don't care much for fantasy basketball and fantasy football is more luck than skill, easily.

Silock
03-24-2008, 11:03 PM
I don't get why you didn't do it. I mean, yeah, you didn't want your other players to get picked up, but you obviously weren't getting maximum points. So, maybe your strategy just sucks and his is better.

Hootie
03-24-2008, 11:03 PM
my first year in fantasy baseball, I used the SPBC (starting pitcher by committee) approcah, loading up on Ks and Ws each week, giving era and whip, so pitching categories were a wash. I loaded up on offense, and kicked ass most of the year.

Then come championship time, the guys I was going against used my strategy and kicked my ass.

Next year we changed to K/9, eliminating my automatic Ks win each week. You adjust league rules if you don't like this type of team dealings and then you dont have to worry about it. Not familiar with fantasy hockey rules, but I'm sure something can be done to minimize the advantage of that guy's strategy, if the rest of the league agrees it needs to change.
Exactly.

He's bitching about the guy "cheating" when he didn't break a single rule...just simply had the much better strategy.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-24-2008, 11:04 PM
i think his main point is he had the best team and ended up getting beat by a bunch of scrubs...cheesey yes against the rules no.

Hootie
03-24-2008, 11:05 PM
i think his main point is he had the best team and ended up getting beat by a bunch of scrubs...cheesey yes against the rules no.

If he thinks the best team should always win then he should be playing roto, not H2H...so again, he's being dumb.

kcxiv
03-24-2008, 11:06 PM
Like it or not, if its not against the rules its legal. If you dont like it, if you think its chicken shit. You know what? to ****ing bad. lol

Phobia
03-24-2008, 11:06 PM
Hopefully the dude who whooped you had better hair. It would suck to get beaten by a guy with bad hair.

Phobia
03-24-2008, 11:08 PM

I don't even think it's cheesy. It's ballsy and competitive to kick and scratch to the bitter end. The underdog won this one. It happens. It's not cheesy or underhanded whatsoever. Do what you gotta do.

I hate cheaters but I don't see how this is cheating in the slightest.

Mecca
03-24-2008, 11:08 PM
He beat me 5-4 man he sure whipped me.....

Really Phob if that's all you can add you can is some comment about my hair or some such you can go **** yourself, really.

Hootie
03-24-2008, 11:09 PM
I had a real collusion situation in a fantasy baseball league a few years ago...I was hoping this thread was going to be something similar to that because that really sucks...but of course, it wasn't...

Pasta Little Brioni
03-24-2008, 11:13 PM
I don't even think it's cheesy. It's ballsy and competitive to kick and scratch to the bitter end. The underdog won this one. It happens. It's not cheesy or underhanded whatsoever. Do what you gotta do.

I hate cheaters but I don't see how this is cheating in the slightest.

oh it isn't cheating at all. i was just looking at things from his side....if you want to win leagues like that you have to "stream" players at some point.

Pasta Little Brioni
03-24-2008, 11:15 PM
If he thinks the best team should always win then he should be playing roto, not H2H...so again, he's being dumb.

especially if it was a yahoo head to head league. that goofy category scoring leads to some interesting results.

Phobia
03-24-2008, 11:16 PM

Really Phob if that's all you can add you can is some comment about my hair or some such you can go **** yourself, really.

Actually, I was commenting on your opponents hair to be accurate.

Hootie
03-24-2008, 11:17 PM
I will never play a yahoo league unless it is with 9 of my idiot friends I know in real life...if you're playing a public yahoo league you have issues.

Bump
03-24-2008, 11:22 PM
that's not really cheating IMO. I've won many baseball & basketball leagues doing that. I usually like to have 2 or 3 slots open for daily rotations. Now I've been in some leagues that were obviously colluding, trading all their stars to one team for the scrubs. Now, that's cheating.

Mr. Flopnuts
03-24-2008, 11:23 PM
The real question at this point is, will a fantasy hockey thread be Mecca's meltdown jamboree.

doomy3
03-24-2008, 11:24 PM
you lost, so the other guy must have cheated.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-24-2008, 11:33 PM
It's a chickenshit way to play, period.

Take it as a learning experience. Only play in leagues that have a max transactions limit, and you really need a commissioner who rules with an iron fist to keep bullshit cheesing c*nts from ruining the integrity of the league.

I'm sorry, but people talking about waking up at midnight just to make moves in a fantasy league? That's the most ridiculously pathetic thing I've ever heard.

Hootie
03-24-2008, 11:36 PM

Take it as a learning experience. Only play in leagues that have a max transactions limit, and you really need a commissioner who rules with an iron fist to keep bullshit cheesing c*nts from ruining the integrity of the league.

I'm sorry, but people talking about waking up at midnight just to make moves in a fantasy league? That's the most ridiculously pathetic thing I've ever heard.

coming from another fantasy expert...keep playing your little public yahoo leagues...those are AWESOME fun!!!!

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-24-2008, 11:39 PM
coming from another fantasy expert...keep playing your little public yahoo leagues...those are AWESOME fun!!!!

Coming from a shitstain with nuts the size of grape seeds who started a thread about how good he was at the PC version of Madden...I'll take it under advisement.

Phobia

Or maybe it's just somebody who is more competitive than the next guy. It was really pathetic when Walter Payton used to sprint up hills during the offseason, too. I mean, that gave him a definite advantage over his competitors.

Hence the entire purpose of the 48 hour waiver wire.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-24-2008, 11:44 PM
Or maybe it's just somebody who is more competitive than the next guy. It was really pathetic when Walter Payton used to sprint up hills during the offseason, too. I mean, that gave him a definite advantage over his competitors.

And if the other guys sprinted up hills did they have to sever their patella tendons as well?

It's a flaw in the game. He has to sacrifice better players than the other guy to do the same thing. He's being penalized for constructing a better team.

You're just arguing for the sake of arguing against Mecca because you don't like him. It's a thin stew.

Phobia
03-24-2008, 11:46 PM
And if the other guys sprinted up hills did they have to sever their patella tendons as well?

It's a flaw in the game. He has to sacrifice better players than the other guy to do the same thing. He's being penalized for constructing a better team.

You're just arguing for the sake of arguing against Mecca because you don't like him. It's a thin stew.

I like Mecca just fine. That's not really my MO. I mean, the hair thing was just button pushing but I feel strongly about the other posts.

I have better things to do than respond to people I don't like.

It's a flaw in the game? So, it's legal to exploit the flaw, no? Sounds like fair play to me.

Hootie
03-24-2008, 11:49 PM

Moron...

Mecca got to the championship game without having to sacrifice one of his players all year long...what is the point of hanging onto these great players when the season is over after the next week anyways?

ESPN makes it so every undroppable player is droppable the last week of the season...I'm sure yahoo does that too...

I love when idiots like you and Mecca try and argue fantasy sports when apparently neither of you have the slightest clue on how to win an even SLIGHTLY competitive league...

and blah blah blah people who take fantasy games seriously have no lives blah blah blah it's the same excuse everyone has when someone is better than them at something.

Hootie
03-24-2008, 11:50 PM
It isn't a flaw in the game...Mecca signed up for a league that is geared towards streaming...just because no one took advantage of the best strategy to win games week in and week out doesn't mean it is a flaw in the game.

The way Mecca and the rest of the league approached the season was the flaw...

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-24-2008, 11:52 PM
I like Mecca just fine. That's not really my MO. I mean, the hair thing was just button pushing but I feel strongly about the other posts.

I have better things to do than respond to people I don't like.

It's a flaw in the game? So, it's legal to exploit the flaw, no? Sounds like fair play to me.

What's the point of playing an entire season just to flip your entire roster for mediocre players in the playoffs. It takes all the skill away from the game.

I guess it's also legal to exploit a player's fear of having his career ended with a cut block, so every team should run the Denver offense.

03-24-2008, 11:53 PM
I see Mecca's point but if the league rules allow it then find a new league. That is what I did for my fantasy football league and am better off for it. Much more competitive. More fun. Plus, it is a long term commitment. A challenge for the GM in you.

Hootie
03-24-2008, 11:54 PM
What's the point of playing an entire season just to flip your entire roster for mediocre players in the playoffs. It takes all the skill away from the game.

I guess it's also legal to exploit a player's fear of having his career ended with a cut block, so every team should run the Denver offense.

THAT IS WHY THERE IS ROTISSERIE LEAGUES WHERE STREAMING SERVES ABSOLUTELY NO PURPOSE. HOW DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THIS? MECCA SIGNED UP FOR A STREAMING LEAGUE...THE STRATEGY IN H2H IS TO STREAM...IF YOU LIKE H2H BUT DON'T LIKE STREAMING SET A MAXIMUM MOVES PER WEEK LIMIT...IT IS POSSIBLE...BUT HERE IS HAMAS 'I LOVE TO HEAR MYSELF ARGUE EVEN THOUGH MOST OF THE TIME I'M JUST BEING A COMPLETE DILDO' JENKINS TO HAMMER IN HIS DUMBASSERY!

Phobia
03-24-2008, 11:55 PM
Fantasy sports is 90% luck and 10% skill anyway. Maybe even less skill than that.

If you're smart about your transactions during the playoffs you stand a chance at the upset. What was the dude supposed to do? Should he have just watched his team get destroyed? Come on already.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-24-2008, 11:56 PM
Moron...

Mecca got to the championship game without having to sacrifice one of his players all year long...what is the point of hanging onto these great players when the season is over after the next week anyways?

ESPN makes it so every undroppable player is droppable the last week of the season...I'm sure yahoo does that too...

I love when idiots like you and Mecca try and argue fantasy sports when apparently neither of you have the slightest clue on how to win an even SLIGHTLY competitive league...

and blah blah blah people who take fantasy games seriously have no lives blah blah blah it's the same excuse everyone has when someone is better than them at something.

There's a difference between taking something seriously, and changing the entire itinerary of your life to make changes in fantasy sports.

Maybe when you get out of that Mickey Mouse college that you're attending you'll grasp that concept.

Hootie
03-24-2008, 11:56 PM
I see Mecca's point but if the league rules allow it then find a new league. That is what I did for my fantasy football league and am better off for it. Much more competitive. More fun. Plus, it is a long term commitment. A challenge for the GM in you.

Anyone that streams in FFL is in for a lot of trouble...

FFL is so popular because anyone, boy or girl, regardless of knowledge, can win any league...

Shit, I love FFL as much as the next but it takes very little skill.

03-24-2008, 11:57 PM
Fantasy sports is 90% luck and 10% skill anyway. Maybe even less skill than that.

If you're smart about your transactions during the playoffs you stand a chance at the upset. What was the dude supposed to do? Should he have just watched his team get destroyed? Come on already.

Also, if you are losing your players at the end of the season anyway, why not start to sacrifice for the win anyway. That is one of the things I hated about redraft leagues.

Hootie
There's a difference between taking something seriously, and changing the entire itinerary of your life to make changes in fantasy sports.

Maybe when you get out of that Mickey Mouse college that you're attending you'll grasp that concept.

Hysterical.

A lot of fantasy gamers I have played with in my days on ESPN are quite successful and wealthy...if fantasy gaming is a hobby, why not take it seriously enough to want to win every league?

Like I said...it's a typical 'I'm not good at something so you don't have a life for being good at it' hamas response.

Silock

Skill? We're talking about FANTASY baseball.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-24-2008, 11:58 PM

I'd agree with your metric in football about luck/skill, but the other sports are quite a bit different.

The other guy drafted an inferior team, the same team couldn't compete during the regular season, and due to a flaw in the scheduling and allocation of games he could drop his less valuable players because they had no exchange value.

Hootie
03-25-2008, 12:00 AM

well this is totally incorrect...

Fantasy Basketball is probably about 85% skill...and fantasy baseball is probably about 75% skill.

Fantasy football is probably about 15-25% skill.

Fantasy hockey is gay.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-25-2008, 12:00 AM
Also, if you are losing your players at the end of the season anyway, why not start to sacrifice for the win anyway. That is one of the things I hated about redraft leagues.

Because he's cutting off his nose to spite his face. What does he do in the next round, when the guy who survived can pick up all his good players that he waived and can't claim??

The playoffs last more than one week.

03-25-2008, 12:01 AM
Anyone that streams in FFL is in for a lot of trouble...

FFL is so popular because anyone, boy or girl, regardless of knowledge, can win any league...

Shit, I love FFL as much as the next but it takes very little skill.

I would disagree with that. But to each his own. My league requires you to maintain a team over several years using a contract system. I will eventually implement a restricted free agent signing system as well. Requires much more thought than any redraft league. The draft is important but not nearly as important as how you manage and rebuild the team as contracts come due.

Phobia
03-25-2008, 12:01 AM
I'd agree with your metric in football about luck/skill, but the other sports are quite a bit different.

Okay, well I have no barometer for other sports so I'll take your word for it. But I'll cling to my position that exploiting a flaw in the system isn't cheesy - it's using the rules to your benefit.

I'll bet a lot of Denver fans used to think Joe Valerio was cheesy and cheating.

Hootie
03-25-2008, 12:02 AM
Skill? We're talking about FANTASY baseball.

haha...it's hilarious how oblivious some people are...

If you play in a truly competitive fantasy baseball league...two-three hours a day researching home/away splits, match-ups, trends, weather, etc...sometimes isn't even enough.

03-25-2008, 12:03 AM
Because he's cutting off his nose to spite his face. What does he do in the next round, when the guy who survived can pick up all his good players that he waived and can't claim??

The playoffs last more than one week.

I did say I see his point. Just saying you do what you have to do to win. Whether you like the rules or not, they allow what happened. There was no cheating involved there. He got outcoached. Happens all the time.

Hootie
I would disagree with that. But to each his own. My league requires you to maintain a team over several years using a contract system. I will eventually implement a restricted free agent signing system as well. Requires much more thought than any redraft league. The draft is important but not nearly as important as how you manage and rebuild the team as contracts come due.

well that's a totally different beast...

I'm talking about basic year-to-year redraft leagues...

But yeah, dynasty leagues are awesome...

'Hamas' Jenkins
A lot of fantasy gamers I have played with in my days on ESPN are quite successful and wealthy

So what's your excuse?

...if fantasy gaming is a hobby, why not take it seriously enough to want to win every league?

By that logic, I guess I should cheat in golf to lower my handicap or shave strokes/improve my lie so I can win.

Maybe I should also start juicing at the gym so that I can bench more.

That would show that I'm really committed.

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-25-2008, 12:05 AM
haha...it's hilarious how oblivious some people are...

If you play in a truly competitive fantasy baseball league...two-three hours a day researching home/away splits, match-ups, trends, weather, etc...sometimes isn't even enough.

I nominate this for the most ironic comment in the history of the Internet.

Hootie
03-25-2008, 12:07 AM
So what's your excuse?

By that logic, I guess I should cheat in golf to lower my handicap or shave strokes/improve my lie so I can win.

Maybe I should also start juicing at the gym so that I can bench more.

That would show that I'm really committed.
But then you would be doing something illegal...

Spending an hour or so a day looking at weather reports, home/away splits, how a pitcher pitches against right handed and left handed batters, and streaming good match-up pitchers and relievers isn't cheating, it's just trying to win...

If I'm going to invest $50-$100 in a league I'm going to try and win $1000 at the end...

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-25-2008, 12:09 AM
I did say I see his point. Just saying you do what you have to do to win. Whether you like the rules or not, they allow what happened. There was no cheating involved there. He got outcoached. Happens all the time.

No it's not cheating. But it is called "cheezing". That's why you can't play Madden online, because of f*cks who play every game with Vick or Vince Young, run around, and chuck bombs all day.

I'm very, very competitive, but I like to play with integrity. (not saying that you don't, you are obviously wise enough to enter the right type of league).

This will be my last comment in this thread, I've wasted enough time on it, and I don't want to take away from Hootie's fantasy baseball scholarship.

Hootie
03-25-2008, 12:10 AM
I nominate this for the most ironic comment in the history of the Internet.

what's the difference of spending 2-3 hours on chiefsplanet or checking email?

You're ****ing retarded...you're telling me, king emo writing douchebag hamas jenkins isn't on his computer for at least 2 hours a day?

You're ****ing ridiculous.

But hey, keep arguing something you know nothing about...have you ever even played a fantasy baseball league that wasn't on yahoo? Christ. Why are you even in this thread?

OH WAIT, BECAUSE DRAMA KING HAMAS JENKINS JUST HAS TO SEE HIMSELF POST HIS PSUEDO-INTELLECTUALISM WHENEVER HE CAN!

You're a pitiful dude.

Hootie
03-25-2008, 12:13 AM
No it's not cheating. But it is called "cheezing". That's why you can't play Madden online, because of f*cks who play every game with Vick or Vince Young, run around, and chuck bombs all day.

I'm very, very competitive, but I like to play with integrity. (not saying that you don't, you are obviously wise enough to enter the right type of league).

This will be my last comment in this thread, I've wasted enough time on it, and I don't want to take away from Hootie's fantasy baseball scholarship.

Hilarious...'cheezing' in madden is not using Mike Vick or Vince Young...use Mike Vick or Vince Young against me Hamas and I'll shut it down everytime and I'll play with Huard at QB...that isn't 'cheezing'...'cheezing' is line glitching or getting your opponent disconnected...or tackling the opponents punter...that's 'cheezing'...you ****ing dipshit.

STREAMING, in an H2H league, is what you do. Plain and simple. There isn't a single ESPN H2H league where someone signs up, public or private, that doesn't know streaming is going to happen.

THAT IS WHY THERE IS ROTISSERIE LEAGUES...GET IT THROUGH YOUR THICK SKULL...HE SIGNED UP FOR THE WRONG LEAGUE...IF HE WANTED TO KEEP HIS GREAT PLAYERS, HE COULD'VE PLAYED ROTO...HE NOOBED HIMSELF.

03-25-2008, 12:16 AM

It's cool Hamas. So far, I have been able to see just about everyone's point here. The all are valid.

If anything, this thread has just reminded me why I hate redraft leagues.

Phobia
03-25-2008, 12:58 AM
It's cool Hamas. So far, I have been able to see just about everyone's point here.

Now I guess you think you're better than the rest of us, huh?

KCChiefsMan
03-25-2008, 01:39 AM
Seriously, streaming players isn't cheap or cheating. It's legit, at least in baseball & basketball it can hurt you as much as it can help you. If you pick up a few guys who have a horrible night, you're %'s or batting avg will be screwed! It sounds like you're pissed because you didn't see this coming because a lot of players don't do that until the playoffs to surprise you. It's just being competitive and making the most effort you can to win. Say you draft a couple of players who are complete busts and there isn't anybody really worth keeping on the waiver wire? Nothing wrong with streaming.

03-25-2008, 01:40 AM
Now I guess you think you're better than the rest of us, huh?

Nope. I know it. :D

ArrowheadHawk
03-25-2008, 07:21 AM
Uhm. If it were cheating, wouldn't they not allow it? Is there a rule against this?

Skip Towne
03-25-2008, 07:45 AM

Hahahahahaha. Mecca is irritated.

Nzoner
03-25-2008, 07:48 AM
Like someone said earlier,then change the rules.

Our FF league allows 7 transactions during the season after that it's $5 per add/drop

Rain Man
03-25-2008, 10:05 AM
Sounds to me like someone got outcoached.

Duck Dog
03-25-2008, 10:15 AM
Out coached is right! Now if someone who had a losing team was dropping good players for him to add, then you'd have a point.

shyguyms
03-25-2008, 10:17 AM

mecca i lke reading your stuff, but no i dont think it's cheating, it's fantasy the game is supposed to award whomever makes the best roster moves, in this case he did.

Duck Dog
03-25-2008, 10:32 AM

I know some very successful people who play fantasy sports and take them very seriously. I even know some who play games on line and take them very seriously. They are competitive, highly motivated people.

Nzoner
03-25-2008, 07:34 PM
I know some very successful people who play fantasy sports and take them very seriously. I even know some who play games on line and take them very seriously. They are competitive, highly motivated people.

Same here and I like to think I'm one of them,believe me during football season I make the extra time to study and pay close attention to my leagues as I'm playing for very decent money.

A buddy of mine in Texas this year even flew to Vegas for the annual WCOFF(World Championship Of Fantasy Football) and I'll be damned if he didn't win $6000 and a very nice trophy for his league championship.

Skip Towne
03-25-2008, 08:45 PM
I don't care at all about fantasy sports. But this thread is very entertaining.

SBK
03-25-2008, 09:47 PM
This thread comes from the guy that said the Pats cheating was no big deal......? I guess cheating only matters when it affects you!

Ironic no?

Rain Man
03-25-2008, 10:44 PM
Same here and I like to think I'm one of them,believe me during football season I make the extra time to study and pay close attention to my leagues as I'm playing for very decent money.

A buddy of mine in Texas this year even flew to Vegas for the annual WCOFF(World Championship Of Fantasy Football) and I'll be damned if he didn't win $6000 and a very nice trophy for his league championship.

Did he get one of these? The nice thing about winning is that you get to wear the ring for the rest of your life.

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/writers/justin_doom/07/13/dooms.day/p1_ring.jpg

Duck Dog
03-26-2008, 07:35 AM
This thread comes from the guy that said the Pats cheating was no big deal......? I guess cheating only matters when it affects you!

Ironic no?

I forgot about that. I'm surprised it took this many replies to come up.

Phobia
03-26-2008, 07:55 AM
I forgot about that. I'm surprised it took this many replies to come up.

It never came up because what the Patriots did was actual cheating.

This.... was not.