PDA

View Full Version : Safari for Windows

Miles
03-24-2008, 10:37 PM
The Safari browser is now available for the windows platform. Apple is using the somewhat suspect practice of incorporating the download as an optional update for iTunes.

I downloaded it and played around for a little bit this evening. Seems fairly fast and the appearance is quite nice. I doubt I will switch from Firefox since I use too many of its features and extentions but it is an interesting alternative.

Has anyone else tried out Safari?

irishjayhawk
03-24-2008, 10:53 PM
The Safari browser is now available for the windows platform. Apple is using the somewhat suspect practice of incorporating the download as an optional update for iTunes.

I downloaded it and played around for a little bit this evening. Seems fairly fast and the appearance is quite nice. I doubt I will switch from Firefox since I use too many of its features and extentions but it is an interesting alternative.

Has anyone else tried out Safari?

It's too bad that Apple worded Software Update and left Safari checked by default. It's not really malware so it should be a non-issue.

I have to agree about Firefox and extensions. And Firefox 3 looks impressive. However, Safari is hands down the best browser on the market rendering wise. It's also, if I'm not mistaken, the fastest. It's got some nice features but most have been brought to Firefox and the lack of extensions hurt it.

03-24-2008, 11:05 PM
When does FF3 come out anyway?

Miles
03-24-2008, 11:10 PM
When does FF3 come out anyway?

I have read sometime in July.

03-24-2008, 11:13 PM
The sooner the better.

JBucc
03-25-2008, 05:36 AM
I had the Apple update software on my computer for Quicktime. Then in one of it's "updates" it tried to install itunes and some other software. ****ers are no better than Real used to be at trying to take over your computer.

morphius
03-25-2008, 07:13 AM
until they make it so that I can run it in Linux I'll uncheck it every time it tries to pop up on me. I like to stick to one look and feel as much as possible between my OS's, so any cross platform application has a good step up for me.

Now if they would get more KDE features in Windows, that would be awesome.

foxman
03-25-2008, 01:22 PM
I have Safari on my Macbook, but it doesnt play nice with my Hotmail account, so I use Opera, which I do not like or Firefox which works fine for me.

QuikSsurfer
03-25-2008, 04:14 PM
I have Safari on my Macbook, but it doesnt play nice with my Hotmail account, so I use Opera, which I do not like or Firefox which works fine for me.

why don't you use the mac mail app for ur hotmail account?

BigMeatballDave
03-25-2008, 04:55 PM
Does this work in widescreen?

foxman
03-26-2008, 09:18 AM
why don't you use the mac mail app for ur hotmail account?

I can't say that I am familiar with it. I assume this is just a way to check email similar to outlook?