PDA

View Full Version : Kris Wilson visiting Eagles today

Armory
03-26-2008, 10:46 AM
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=15257

They are holding a press conference today, so in Eagles terms that usually means they are going to sign him.

I heard he was not productive at TE but did okay at HB/FB. Could you guys inform me on what type of player he is?

beach tribe
03-26-2008, 10:49 AM
Don't let the secret weapon fall into the wrong hands!!

pikesome
03-26-2008, 10:49 AM
It's a secret.

The Poz
03-26-2008, 10:50 AM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/03/26/wilson-agrees-to-deal-with-eagles/

Thought he had potential but buried behind Tony G. Didn't do much at all as a FB. Can be a threat catching on the screen but you've Westbrook to do that.

Deberg_1990
03-26-2008, 10:51 AM
I heard he was not productive at TE but did okay at HB/FB. Could you guys inform me on what type of player he is?

Classic tweener. Which means hes OK at alot of things, but doesnt do any one thing particularly well.

His name gets people fired up around here beause he was a reach for us in the 2nd round.

pikesome
03-26-2008, 10:54 AM
Classic tweener. Which means hes OK at alot of things, but doesnt do any one thing particularly well.

His name gets people fired up around here beause he was a reach for us in the 2nd round.

Some get fired up because he didn't amount to crap here.

Although that might not be Wilson's fault, the Chiefs never did seem to have a clear vision on how to use him. Maybe that's because he can't do anything well enough or maybe not.

stlchiefs
03-26-2008, 10:55 AM

and because he was over-hyped or under-utilized depending on if you're talking to fans or coaches. The guy was talked up to be an unstoppable weapon who couldn't be covered by LBs and was too big for CBs. In the end he never found a position or rhythm that enabled him to be worth much more than a Chiefs Planet conversation every few months.

chasedude
03-26-2008, 10:58 AM
Two threads for Wilson, he isn't worth it.

Hog's Gone Fishin
03-26-2008, 10:59 AM
He's so ****ing worthless that a 4 and 12 team wouldn't even resign him!!!! What does that tell ya.

Rain Man
03-26-2008, 11:00 AM
If he was productive at FB, we would have kept him, because we don't have a fullback. I can't say that he did anything bad, but he never did anything good, either.

SBK
03-26-2008, 11:03 AM
We called him Bigfoot, and it wasn't referring to his feet.

Brock
He'll probably end up being better than L. J. Smith.

Armory
Thought he had potential but buried behind Tony G. Didn't do much at all as a FB. Can be a threat catching on the screen but you've Westbrook to do that.[/QUOTE]

The Eagles are screen happy. They run more screen plays than normal plays.

I'm guessing if he was a real untapped talent, then teams would have been after him once free agency started.

markk
03-26-2008, 11:05 AM
not good at fullback. struggled to get open at tight end. problems with hands at times. he was basically invisible his entire 3 or 4 years here. on a good team this is a guy who would only be playing on kicks

pikesome
03-26-2008, 11:07 AM
Thought he had potential but buried behind Tony G. Didn't do much at all as a FB. Can be a threat catching on the screen but you've Westbrook to do that.

I'm guessing if he was a real untapped talent, then teams would have been after him once free agency started.

Depends, it's easy to look at him a say "suck" but without Tony he might have got a shot to be a plain pass-catching TE. And he might have been good. The Chiefs just never had a spot for him in that role.

Rain Man
03-26-2008, 11:11 AM

He may have gotten a raw deal here, because people were very annoyed that we spent a second-round pick on a tight end since we already had Gonzalez and Jason Dunn. He then went Bigfoot on the bench for a couple of years as expected, since there was no way he was going to see the field behind those guys.

They moved him to an H-back position a couple of seasons ago as an emergency when we lost two fullbacks for the year very early in the season. They then proclaimed him to be a fullback, and he blocked and occasionally split out wide as our "secret weapon". I always winced when we threw it to him because it seemed like it never worked. I don't know if he ran the routes wrong or if he was just unlucky, because my enduring memory is seeing him always running on the sidelines with the ball sailing several yards over his head.

Hopefully he'll get a fresh start and work out for Philadelphia. We never should have drafted him in the first place.

blueballs
03-26-2008, 11:28 AM
LJ was working on a cammo line of clothing
where is the inspiration now

Demonpenz
03-26-2008, 11:30 AM
He was supposed to be too big for CB's but to fast for LB's
But infact LB's could cover him especially quick ones. and he is too small to be a regular old school TE

The Franchise
03-26-2008, 11:37 AM
If your QB can throw anything over 3 yards.....you'll never see him.

Armory
03-26-2008, 11:44 AM
I am crossing my fingers in the hopes that he becomes an uber-talent on the level of a freddie mitchell :D

sedated
03-26-2008, 11:50 AM
He was too crappy a blocker to be a true TE, so in all the Chief's brilliance they moved him to FB.

StcChief
03-26-2008, 11:53 AM
Good luck, maybe his time has come (I doubt), but go ahead and print 'em.

suds79
03-26-2008, 12:03 PM
Honestly Armory?

You would of been better off spending a 5th to 7th round pick to do whatever role Kris Wilson will do.

Younger guy, cheaper and about the same production.

Sorry.

jidar
03-26-2008, 12:07 PM
Early on Wilson was known for having great hands, but lately he's had some drops.
He isn't much of a fullback.
I still think there is potential there but only for a creative offensive team which the Chiefs clearly aren't and have no intention of being.

blueballs
03-26-2008, 12:11 PM
the genious that is Al Saunders drafted him
he's now in St Louis and Wilson didn't even visit there

ChiefHusker
03-26-2008, 12:14 PM
WILSON AGREES TO DEAL WITH EAGLES (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/03/26/wilson-agrees-to-deal-with-eagles/)<O:p

Posted by Mike Florio on March 26, 2008, 12:21 p.m. <O:p

As we expected, the announcement that free-agent tight end/fullback/H-back Kris <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:pWilson</ST1:p</st1:City> is meeting with the Eagles soon will be followed by an announcement that he has agreed to terms.<O:p

Though the announcement has not yet been made, Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that a deal is done for the former Chiefs draft pick, who was stuck for four years behind Tony Gonzalez. We’d previously heard that it will be a three-year contract.<O:p

We’ve also heard that <st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:pWilson</ST1:p</st1:City>’s primary position in Philly might end up being fullback, and that his choice of jersey numbers could reflect that.

In an unrelated development, Dan Klecko just yelled “oh sh-t” really loudly

Rain Man
03-26-2008, 12:15 PM
I am crossing my fingers in the hopes that he becomes an uber-talent on the level of a freddie mitchell :D

His Chiefs career definitely outshined Freddie Mitchell's Chiefs career.

blueballs
03-26-2008, 12:16 PM
perhaps Andy Reid is a cannibal

Kerberos
03-26-2008, 12:24 PM
WILSON AGREES TO DEAL WITH EAGLES (http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/03/26/wilson-agrees-to-deal-with-eagles/)<O:p

Posted by Mike Florio on March 26, 2008, 12:21 p.m. <O:p

As we expected, the announcement that free-agent tight end/fullback/H-back Kris <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:pWilson</ST1:p</st1:City> is meeting with the Eagles soon will be followed by an announcement that he has agreed to terms.<O:p

Though the announcement has not yet been made, Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that a deal is done for the former Chiefs draft pick, who was stuck for four years behind Tony Gonzalez. We’d previously heard that it will be a three-year contract.<O:p

We’ve also heard that <st1:City w:st="on"><ST1:pWilson</ST1:p</st1:City>’s primary position in Philly might end up being fullback, and that his choice of jersey numbers could reflect that.

In an unrelated development, Dan Klecko just yelled “oh sh-t” really loudly

Bigfoot sighting in Philly.

alanm
03-26-2008, 12:35 PM
He's not a FB nor really a TE. I guess the Chiefs envisioned him as a H Back but since Saunders left there was really no spot for him on the Chiefs. I suppose if you left him at TE he'd probably be decent but he's also not much of a blocker. Good luck in Philly Kris with being the secret weapon. :)

Frazod
03-26-2008, 12:35 PM
Some get fired up because he didn't amount to crap here.

Although that might not be Wilson's fault, the Chiefs never did seem to have a clear vision on how to use him. Maybe that's because he can't do anything well enough or maybe not.

To be fair, we haven't had a clear vision of how to do a goddamn thing here for years. Except destroying the defense, and then destroying the offense. Bigfoot might end up being a Pro Bowl FB/TE/who knows??? when not coached by retards.

Yaaaaaaay Carl, Dick and Herm. :bang:

HemiEd
03-26-2008, 12:52 PM
Depends, it's easy to look at him a say "suck" but without Tony he might have got a shot to be a plain pass-catching TE. And he might have been good. The Chiefs just never had a spot for him in that role.

Exactly, in 2006 he caught everything thrown his way. He pulled a Trent Green, poorly thrown TD catch absolutely inches off of the ground. You guys have seen it many times when Trent would over throw the ball and have it go straight to the ground.
He had no opportunities his first year, very few his second. But in 2006 he was turning into an offensive weapon, a threat. He had one drop of a catchable pass his first three years.
He did everything he was given a chance to do, very well, until Herm moved him. He clearly did not become a good FB in one season. Just another Herm ****up, that will end up doing well on another team. He should have never been drafted by the Chiefs, that is where the biggest mistake was made.

HemiEd
03-26-2008, 01:04 PM
To be fair, we haven't had a clear vision of how to do a goddamn thing here for years. Except destroying the defense, and then destroying the offense. Bigfoot might end up being a Pro Bowl FB/TE/who knows??? when not coached by retards.

Yaaaaaaay Carl, Dick and Herm. :bang:

for sure.

Deberg_1990
03-26-2008, 01:07 PM
Quit making excuses for this guy. He had multiple chances to prove himself.

A turd is a turd.

El Jefe
03-26-2008, 01:09 PM
If he was productive at FB, we would have kept him, because we don't have a fullback. I can't say that he did anything bad, but he never did anything good, either.

Oliver Hoyte is a FB.

Rain Man
03-26-2008, 01:10 PM
Oliver Hoyte is a FB.

Besides Oliver Hoyte, I mean.

el borracho
03-26-2008, 01:19 PM
Wilson has good hands but is too short to be a real TE and too slow to be a WR. I actually thought he did ok at FB but that isn't really a position where a player can be brilliant, is it? We probably should have thrown to him more but our disaster of a line required too much help blocking and our unimaginative coaches didn't send him on many routes the last two years. All in all, he is a good (not great) blocker with great hands but average speed; he could probably be most helpful on 3rd downs.

El Jefe
03-26-2008, 01:31 PM
Besides Oliver Hoyte, I mean.

Gotcha :thumb:

KCrockaholic
03-26-2008, 02:11 PM
well, good luck in philly Kris

BigRock
03-26-2008, 02:32 PM
Exactly, in 2006 he caught everything thrown his way. He pulled a Trent Green, poorly thrown TD catch absolutely inches off of the ground. You guys have seen it many times when Trent would over throw the ball and have it go straight to the ground.
He had no opportunities his first year, very few his second. But in 2006 he was turning into an offensive weapon, a threat. He had one drop of a catchable pass his first three years.
He did everything he was given a chance to do, very well, until Herm moved him. He clearly did not become a good FB in one season. Just another Herm ****up, that will end up doing well on another team.

I can't believe someone seriously used the phrase "offensive weapon" in a thread about Kris Wilson, but just to clear things up, Wilson didn't do anything in 2006 until Herm moved him to fullback. Prior to that he had 3 catches for 18 yards on the season.

His wonderous 2006 season that you recall so fondly only happened because Herm moved him. Then you turn around and trash Herm for doing it.

stlchiefs
03-26-2008, 02:36 PM
Just another Herm ****up, that will end up doing well on another team.

I'm not sure I'd blame this on Herm. Wilson was a Chief for 4 years and never did much, Herm has only been here 2. Even with Al Saunders the Offensive guru at the helm Wilson didn't really do anything worthy of a 2nd round pick. I'm not Herm disciple, but I find it hard to pin this on Herm when he didn't draft Wilson and 2 coaching staffs have not been able to get the guy to produce up to his "potential".

the Talking Can
03-26-2008, 03:01 PM
bye bye to a terrible waste of a 2nd round pick....

philfree
03-26-2008, 03:04 PM
One thing that might have effected Wilson's production with the Chiefs is the fact that he broke his leg during a preseason game his rookie year.

PhilFree:arrow:

the Talking Can
03-26-2008, 04:02 PM
or that he sucked

milkman
03-26-2008, 04:23 PM
bye bye to a terrible waste of a 2nd round pick....

Seems we have posts like this one annually.

the Talking Can
03-26-2008, 05:02 PM
Seems we have posts like this one annually.

Bartee
Mitchell
Wilson
Siavii
Freeman
Cloud
Lockett

Pollard???
Turk??

our 2nd round picks are so terrible....you should be drafting starters and we've spent a decade drafting total and complete ****ing losers....

The Franchise
03-26-2008, 05:06 PM
The Chiefs second round draft picks usually have me asking "WHO!??!?!" on draft day.

Rain Man
03-26-2008, 05:07 PM
Bartee
Mitchell
Wilson
Siavii
Freeman
Cloud
Lockett

Pollard???
Turk??

our 2nd round picks are so terrible....you should be drafting starters and we've spent a decade drafting total and complete ****ing losers....

I swear that it seems like we always take a flyer in the second round on a guy with great "measurables", and it never works out. Carl's never going to figure out that all football players are athletes, but not all athletes are football players.

the Talking Can
03-26-2008, 05:25 PM
I swear that it seems like we always take a flyer in the second round on a guy with great "measurables", and it never works out. Carl's never going to figure out that all football players are athletes, but not all athletes are football players.

the consistency with which we reach in the 2nd round is admirable....if you don't care about winning

'Hamas' Jenkins
03-26-2008, 05:54 PM
Wilson wasn't a particularly good route runner, didn't have size, couldn't run away from anyone, and couldn't break tackles. He also wasn't a great blocker.

Other than that, great signing :thumb:

KCinNY
03-26-2008, 07:18 PM
Carls last(only) decent 2nd round pick?

Tim Grunhard.......Tim Freaking Grunhard people!!!!!

Deberg_1990
03-26-2008, 07:29 PM
the consistency with which we reach in the 2nd round is admirable....if you don't care about winning

It was mentioned a few weeks ago to me in another thread that Carl meddles alot more with 1st day draft picks. (obviously)

We do however do a decent job with 2nd day draft picks (lower round) guys. Thats where the scouts have more of a say in the process.

Let the results speak for themselves...

Jared Allen and Dante Hall were two nice lower round steals from the recent past.

milkman
03-26-2008, 07:31 PM
It was mentioned a few weeks ago to me in another thread that Carl meddles alot more with 1st day draft picks. (obviously)

We do however do a decent job with 2nd day draft picks (lower round) guys. Thats where the scouts have more of a say in the process.

Jared Allen and Dante Hall were two nice lower round steals from the recent past.

I think Carl makes the final decision in every round.

The problem is, he listens to the coaching staffon first day picks.

We've seen what a graet talent evaluator Gunt is.

the Talking Can
03-26-2008, 07:51 PM

agree, and I'm more concerned about this draft than ever...we have high round picks...we HAVE to capitalize on our 2nd and 3rd round picks....

there is no excuse for not pulling quality starters out of our first day picks...

Deberg_1990
03-26-2008, 07:57 PM
agree, and I'm more concerned about this draft than ever...we have high round picks...we HAVE to capitalize on our 2nd and 3rd round picks....

there is no excuse for not pulling quality starters out of our first day picks...

I really hope the rumours are true of it being the Herm and Kuharich show now.

Soupnazi
03-26-2008, 07:59 PM
Be sure and let us know if he ever breaks a tackle in Philly, cause it never happened here.