PDA

View Full Version : Matt Ryan works out for Chiefs

EyePod
03-31-2008, 10:23 AM
Found this on KFFL:

Chiefs | M. Ryan works out for team
Mon, 31 Mar 2008 09:18:10 -0700
In an interview on SIRIUS NFL (http://www.kffl.com/team/77/nfl) Radio The SIRIUS Blitz, Boston College QB Matt Ryan (http://www.kffl.com/player/18242/nfl) said he has worked out for the Kansas City Chiefs (http://www.kffl.com/team/21/nfl).

The only other team that he said he worked out for was the Dolphins. I really don't want him. LETS GO JAKE LONG!!!!

StcChief
03-31-2008, 10:27 AM
Dolphins? where's ATL

Bowser
03-31-2008, 10:32 AM
yawn

Micjones
03-31-2008, 10:37 AM
I'd take Ryan in a heartbeat.

Huffman83
03-31-2008, 10:57 AM
It's not that I don't think Ryan will be a good quarterback. It's just I think the team has bigger issues to tend to. The Chiefs are acting like they won't get a chance to have a top 5 pick again.

Which may very well not be the case!

Brock
03-31-2008, 11:02 AM
It's not that I don't think Ryan will be a good quarterback. It's just I think the team has bigger issues to tend to. The Chiefs are acting like they won't get a chance to have a top 5 pick again.

Perhaps, but next year's QB class is horrid, unless you think Tim Tebow is going to be great in the NFL.

Bowser
03-31-2008, 11:05 AM
Perhaps, but next year's QB class is horrid, unless you think Tim Tebow is going to be great in the NFL.

He'll be worse than Alex Smith.

Huffman83
03-31-2008, 11:06 AM
I think I'm still holding my breath for "Thigpen Mania."

blueballs
03-31-2008, 11:07 AM
Matt Ryan...Boston College QB Matt Ryan told Sirius NFL Radio that he worked out on-campus for the Jets, Dolphins, and Chiefs since his pro day workout and has upcoming visits scheduled with the Falcons and Ravens.

chasedude
03-31-2008, 11:10 AM
Herm and Co better grab some OL's! Why draft a QB when there's nothing there to protect him?

DaKCMan AP
03-31-2008, 11:20 AM
He'll be worse than Alex Smith.

LMAO

MIAdragon
03-31-2008, 11:20 AM

Scott Frost 2?

Lono
03-31-2008, 11:27 AM
Last year everyone was all over Brohm. Why not draft him this year. Isn't he the same qb he was last year. I'd rather have him in the 2nd and draft Ellis or Long in the first.

suds79
03-31-2008, 11:29 AM
Herm and Co better grab some OL's! Why draft a QB when there's nothing there to protect him?

Well that's what the rest of the draft is for.

Weather it's Ryan or somebody else, we'd better get a QB who has a realistic shot at starting for this team should Croyle not work out.

Brock
03-31-2008, 11:29 AM
Last year everyone was all over Brohm. Why not draft him this year. Isn't he the same qb he was last year. I'd rather have him in the 2nd and draft Ellis or Long in the first.

Yes, possibly. Whatever we do, we cannot just sit here and hope Brodie Croyle is going to suddenly figure the game out or that he's going to buck his own injury history.

Frankie
03-31-2008, 12:08 PM
the Chiefs are covering all bases. That's all. just because he worked out gfor us does not mean he is on top of our list. The only way Ryan makes any sense with our cutrrent O-line situation is if we are SURE he is the next John Elway or Peyton Manning.

TEX
03-31-2008, 12:57 PM

I'd take Ryan in a second if Long is gone. They'll have another top 5 pick next season.

RustShack
03-31-2008, 01:05 PM

Well we do have more than one pick in this deep Oline class draft, and it is common for a top 5 QB to sit out his first year... meaning we could have ANOTHER draft next year, meaning we could draft a real LT in Oher instead of the stud RT Long.

CosmicPal
03-31-2008, 01:06 PM
the Chiefs are covering all bases. That's all. just because he worked out gfor us does not mean he is on top of our list.

Precisely. I think it's great that the Chiefs are inviting him in for a workout. They've sent everyone but the grounds crew to Boston for the Pro-Day workout, and now they are inviting him in for additional evaluation. You want to be damn sure that if you pick him as a QB at your #5 spot that you're not making a grave mistake.

Dylan
03-31-2008, 01:20 PM
Who's going to protect the QB's?

Carl can't keep plugging in an offensive line with veterans. I think it is great that you have 10 picks, but Carl, i/m/o has one more year left to prove his worth. Unless the FA's signed can do the job -- Who's to say that the Chiefs can't make it to deep in the playoffs or the Super Bowl?

The Giants won with 8 new rookies in key positions. The last big play came in the final minute of the Super Bowl when rookie DT Jay Alford was rotated in for a tired Fred Robbins. He sacked Brady on a 2nd & 10 from the NE's 26 yd line with 19 seconds to go. Big play. Alford was drafted in the 3rd rd 18th pick.

This it is for Carl -- 10 picks in the draft -- it's do or die. The Giants drafted RB Ahmad Bradshaw in the 7th Round with the 40th pick. I don't think there were more than 2 players left to draft after him... lol

BigMeatballDave
03-31-2008, 03:43 PM
Herm and Co better grab some OL's! Why draft a QB when there's nothing there to protect him?Um, there is more than one round...

BigMeatballDave
03-31-2008, 03:45 PM
LMAOKeep laughing. Tebow is NOT a pro QB.

Brock
03-31-2008, 03:45 PM
This it is for Carl -- 10 picks in the draft -- it's do or die. The Giants drafted RB Ahmad Bradshaw in the 7th Round with the 40th pick. I don't think there were more than 2 players left to draft after him... lol

WTF is Carl going to do that he hasn't done in the past 17 or so years? Do or die, yeah right.

Halfcan
03-31-2008, 05:09 PM
Yep, just as I predicted.

beach tribe
03-31-2008, 05:31 PM
Now Ryan will be a better pro than Tebow?
I'm a Gator hater, and you guys are silly.

Thig Lyfe
03-31-2008, 05:35 PM
IT'S ALL ABOUT TYLER THIGPEN, BABY!

CrazyPhuD
03-31-2008, 05:36 PM
Yea but why do I have this fear that Matt Ryan will make Ryan Leaf look like Peyton Manning?

beach tribe
03-31-2008, 05:39 PM

Yet another post about QBs who have yet to take a snap in thier final college season.

Deberg_1990
03-31-2008, 05:46 PM
Yea but why do I have this fear that Matt Ryan will make Ryan Leaf look like Peyton Manning?

Any reason why??

All evidence says hes nothing like Ryan Leaf.

BigMeatballDave
03-31-2008, 05:51 PM
Now Ryan will be a better pro than Tebow?
I'm a Gator hater, and you guys are silly.Tebow will not make it in the NFL as a QB. You can't see this? Bust waiting to happen.

beach tribe
03-31-2008, 05:57 PM
Tebow will not make it in the NFL as a QB. You can't see this? Bust waiting to happen.

Actually that's what i see in Ryan.

Tebow has started for ONE season IN THE SEC, and accounted for 40 tds, and I think 6 picks. Ryan threw 19 picks, held on to the ball, and threw accross his body repeatedly. I know, I know he had no help, whatever.

BigMeatballDave
03-31-2008, 06:00 PM

Tebow has started for ONE season IN THE SEC, and accounted for 40 tds, and I think 6 picks. Ryan threw 19 picks, held on to the ball, and threw accross his body repeatedly. I know, I know he had no help, whatever.Tebow is not and will not be an NFL QB. Period. See Eric Crouch.

beach tribe
03-31-2008, 06:06 PM
Tebow is not and will not be an NFL QB. Period. See Eric Crouch.

Dude, I think you need to do some research. Go back and take a look at the numbers, and yes, there's more to it than the numbers.

eazyb81
03-31-2008, 06:12 PM
the Chiefs are covering all bases. That's all. just because he worked out gfor us does not mean he is on top of our list. The only way Ryan makes any sense with our cutrrent O-line situation is if we are SURE he is the next John Elway or Peyton Manning.

So the only way we can draft Ryan is if he will 100% be a 1st ballot HOF player and completely redefine the QB position?! :eek:

By that rationale, can we only draft Jake Long if we are SURE he's the next Anthony Munoz?

beach tribe
03-31-2008, 06:17 PM
Crouch heisman season: 1513 passing yrds 7tds, 1115 rushing 18 tds

TeBow SOPHOMORE yr 66. 8% 3286 passing yrds 32 TDS!! 6 ints! 856 yrds rushing 23 TDs That's 55 TDS!! 6 picks.

NOT even comparable. He can run like Crouch, and that's where the comparison ends.

Tribal Warfare
03-31-2008, 06:33 PM
So the only way we can draft Ryan is if he will 100% be a 1st ballot HOF player and completely redefine the QB position?! :eek:

By that rationale, can we only draft Jake Long if we are SURE he's the next Anthony Munoz?

Actually, yes at this draft position you are looking at those terms

eazyb81
03-31-2008, 06:39 PM
Actually, yes at this draft position you are looking at those terms

LOL, if you think anyone taking Matt Ryan or any QB in the top ten is thinking that this guy is the next Elway or Manning, you're crazy. Those guys were generational players.

If we draft Ryan and he starts for 8-10 years and makes a couple Pro Bowls, it will be a great pick. He doens't need to be f'n Elway.

RustShack
03-31-2008, 06:48 PM
The only player like that I see is Glenn Doresy, and thats why I want him over anyone. I don't think Ellis is much worse, thats why hes my second option.

beach tribe
03-31-2008, 06:57 PM
The only player like that I see is Glenn Doresy, and thats why I want him over anyone. I don't think Ellis is much worse, thats why hes my second option.

With all do respect, then why the hell are you pushing so hard for Ryan?

One of those guys is going to be there. I don't think Ryan is going to be a really bad QB. I just don't think he's on the level of the guys who surround him in the draft, and closer in value to the rest of the QBs, which can be had a lot lower than 5th.

Tribal Warfare
03-31-2008, 07:03 PM
He doens't need to be f'n Elway.

Yes he does, top 5 picks especially QBs are held to that standard. Not solid starters Christ sakes. Generational players are what we are looking for, that's why KC is in the top 5 spot in the 1st place because of the major whiffs of the drafts in the past.

RustShack
03-31-2008, 07:04 PM
I see Ryan just like I see Jake Long, pretty good but not top notch guys.

keg in kc
03-31-2008, 07:04 PM
By that rationale, can we only draft Jake Long if we are SURE he's the next Anthony Munoz?Actually that's exactly the same rationale that's been put forth by the most vocal Long opponents. So that's apparently the only way the 5th pick this year will be viewed a 'hit', if he's a hof'er. Anything less is a bust.

beach tribe
03-31-2008, 07:11 PM
I see Ryan just like I see Jake Long, pretty good but not top notch guys.

Well, Ive never seen you push for Long. Why Ryan?

eazyb81
03-31-2008, 07:12 PM
Yes he does, top 5 picks especially QBs are held to that standard. Not solid starters Christ sakes. Generational players are what we are looking for, that's why KC is in the top 5 spot in the 1st place because of the major whiffs of the drafts in the past.

So if we don't think there are any generational players available at 5, do you propose we just say "no thanks" and wait to pick a player in the 2nd round?

A "whiff" on a pick is Ryan Sims, Junior Siavii. A "whiff" would not be picking a QB that would start for years, make a few Pro Bowls, and generally develop into a solid, above-average starter. I'm not saying that's what Ryan will be at all, but I would hardly be disappointed in that or consider him a bust.

Tribal Warfare
03-31-2008, 07:18 PM
whiff" would not be picking a QB that would start for years, make a few Pro Bowls, and generally develop into a solid, above-average starter. I'm not saying that's what Ryan will be at all, but I would hardly be disappointed in that or consider him a bust.

Thus why KC has been mediocre acceptance of mediocrity. above average starters can be taken in the mid first round. Top 5 picks one should look for the perennial all-pros not the types that may get there with development. KC doesn't have that kind of time, we need badass's now.

beach tribe
03-31-2008, 07:21 PM
So if we don't think there are any generational players available at 5, do you propose we just say "no thanks" and wait to pick a player in the 2nd round?

A "whiff" on a pick is Ryan Sims, Junior Siavii. A "whiff" would not be picking a QB that would start for years, make a few Pro Bowls, and generally develop into a solid, above-average starter. I'm not saying that's what Ryan will be at all, but I would hardly be disappointed in that or consider him a bust.

When the Player picked after you dominates at his position for the next 5-10 yrs, while you become above average, you are something like a miss. Not a whiff, nor a hit. Not stating claim for any player with this, just sayin.

RustShack
03-31-2008, 07:23 PM
Well, Ive never seen you push for Long. Why Ryan?

Very deep OT year, not a deep QB year. I still don't rank Ryan over Doresy or Ellis though.

alanm
03-31-2008, 07:24 PM
Crouch heisman season: 1513 passing yrds 7tds, 1115 rushing 18 tds

TeBow SOPHOMORE yr 66. 8% 3286 passing yrds 32 TDS!! 6 ints! 856 yrds rushing 23 TDs That's 55 TDS!! 6 picks.

NOT even comparable. He can run like Crouch, and that's where the comparison ends.Actually I think Crouch was faster plus a better open field runner.

beach tribe
03-31-2008, 07:26 PM
Actually I think Crouch was faster plus a better open field runner.

You are probably right.

Tebow 3200yrds 32tds passing.

Crouch1500yrds 7tds passing.

Deberg_1990
03-31-2008, 07:28 PM
KC doesn't have that kind of time, we need badass's now.

Why do you say that?? Carl is going on year 19 of the 5 year plan. What kind of time do you mean???

This isnt a team on the verge of a Super Bowl or even a playoff run?? Why wouldnt you start with a QB?

Tribal Warfare
03-31-2008, 07:32 PM
Why do you say that?? Carl is going on year 19 of the 5 year plan. What kind of time do you mean????

:banghead:

KC can't hope that a QB can develop with a Top 5 pick, the guy will have to be a John Elway type for that pick to be worth anything. Ryan is a guy who'll need help to succeed. KC should looking at prospects that you can plug in, and they can dominate day one.

alanm
03-31-2008, 07:33 PM
You are probably right.

Tebow 3200yrds 32tds passing.

Crouch1500yrds 7tds passing.
Plus the fact they were still running the Triple option when he was there.

TEX
03-31-2008, 07:36 PM

ROFL

OnTheWarpath15
03-31-2008, 08:04 PM

Tebow has started for ONE season IN THE SEC, and accounted for 40 tds, and I think 6 picks. Ryan threw 19 picks, held on to the ball, and threw accross his body repeatedly. I know, I know he had no help, whatever.

Yet people here make that excuse for him, and Croyle gets no slack for the same issues.

DaKCMan AP
03-31-2008, 08:06 PM

There's a whole lot of stupid in that post. :eek:

RustShack
03-31-2008, 08:09 PM
There's a whole lot of stupid in that post. :eek:

I am also one who doesn't think he will be a great NFL QB, that was only his sophmore year though.. which is pretty impressive. He could change my mind next year though...

DaKCMan AP
03-31-2008, 08:23 PM
I am also one who doesn't think he will be a great NFL QB, that was only his sophmore year though.. which is pretty impressive. He could change my mind next year though...

He had a great season PASSING the football. In high school he broke the state of FL passing records. He threw for over 3200yds and 32TDs this season, many of them long balls, with only 6ints and he was 2nd in the country in passing efficiency, not mentioning the only sophomore to EVER win the Heisman.

This season he wont be running the ball as much and he should have an improved defense to take some of the load off. Comparisons between him and Eric Crouch are a joke. We'll see how much he continues to progress as a junior.

beach tribe
03-31-2008, 08:27 PM
Yet people here make that excuse for him, and Croyle gets no slack for the same issues.

Croyle be damned, we need another QB reguardless. Croyle is going to get his shot.
I would prefer we get one in this draft later than the 5 spot. There's not one worthy.

beach tribe
03-31-2008, 08:29 PM
He had a great season PASSING the football. In high school he broke the state of FL passing records. He threw for over 3200yds and 32TDs this season, many of them long balls, with only 6ints and he was 2nd in the country in passing efficiency, not mentioning the only sophomore to EVER win the Heisman.

This season he wont be running the ball as much and he should have an improved defense to take some of the load off. Comparisons between him and Eric Crouch are a joke. We'll see how much he continues to progress as a junior.

The Guy IS a stud in the making.

Being from TN, I just have to say...............I ****in Hate him.

DaKCMan AP
03-31-2008, 08:40 PM
The Guy IS a stud in the making.

Being from TN, I just have to say...............I ****in Hate him.

He has all the tools, great size, smart, has character, is a great leader, etc. but what really separates him and elevates his game is he's probably the most competitive collegiate athlete in the country. The guy is ****ing intense!

beach tribe
03-31-2008, 08:48 PM
I know, and now I hate you.:D

Frankie
03-31-2008, 09:03 PM
Very deep OT year, not a deep QB year. I still don't rank Ryan over Doresy or Ellis though.

That "deep" OT list will be probably decimated in the first round. Before we get to pick again.

el borracho
03-31-2008, 09:14 PM
That "deep" OT list will be probably decimated in the first round. Before we get to pick again.

Don't worry- there's always next year's top ten pick and the year after's top fifteen pick.

http://espn.go.com/media/nfl/2006/0109/photo/a_edwards_195.jpg

Fish
03-31-2008, 09:30 PM

:shake:

This opinion is also posted in Draftplanet. Really pointless. We pick at #35. That leaves 33 picks from other teams for an OT. Are you really so high on offensive tackles that you think the good ones will all be gone in 33 picks?

Tribal Warfare
03-31-2008, 10:01 PM

I concur, if everything works out for the best he'll be eerily like Elway as a prospect concerning his draft value.

cdcox
03-31-2008, 10:07 PM
Who's going to protect the QB's?

What I want to know is why bother protecting a QB if all he is going to do is throw interceptions? Wouldn't it be better if he was just sacked?

macdawg
03-31-2008, 10:36 PM
Long will be gone before we are up at #5. We will have to find linemen in rounds 2 & 3.

BigMeatballDave
04-01-2008, 01:44 AM
He has all the tools, great size, smart, has character, is a great leader, etc. but what really separates him and elevates his game is he's probably the most competitive collegiate athlete in the country. The guy is ****ing intense!Thanks, homer...

BigMeatballDave
04-01-2008, 01:55 AM
There's a whole lot of stupid in that post. :eek::D I've been called worse...

PhillyChiefFan
04-01-2008, 05:20 AM

Agreed, what good is a QB when his a*s is planted 15 times a game.

suds79
04-01-2008, 06:49 AM
Long will be gone before we are up at #5. We will have to find linemen in rounds 2 & 3.

Yup.

So everybody can stop with the "why draft a QB when you can't protect him" talk. Unless you're a fan of trading down, picking a LT in the 1st at this point doesn't look like it's going to happen.

So if the best player on the board is a QB, (and the fact that it's a need for us is nice) then you take him.

beach tribe
04-01-2008, 07:20 AM
Yup.

So everybody can stop with the "why draft a QB when you can't protect him" talk. Unless you're a fan of trading down, picking a LT in the 1st at this point doesn't look like it's going to happen.

So if the best player on the board is a QB, (and the fact that it's a need for us is nice) then you take him.

J. Long, C. Long, Dorsey, Ellis, Gholston, and Mcfadden, would all have to be gone for Ryan to be BPA IMO. That's six players in 4 picks.

I guess you can take Mcfadden out of there since there's no way were taking him, but people will be looking to move up, and get him.

Brock
04-01-2008, 07:23 AM
J. Long, C. Long, Dorsey, Ellis, Gholston, and Mcfadden, would all have to be gone for Ryan to be BPA IMO. That's six players in 4 picks.

I guess you can take Mcfadden out of there since there's no way were taking him, but people will be looking to move up, and get him.

I think Ryan is probably going to fall on draft day....JMO.

beach tribe
04-01-2008, 07:31 AM
I think Ryan is probably going to fall on draft day....JMO.

I've had that feeling, and believe that if ATL doesn't take him he will fall to Baltimore. If they don't take him it could be a long day for him.

melbar
04-01-2008, 10:13 AM
I've had that feeling, and believe that if ATL doesn't take him he will fall to Baltimore. If they don't take him it could be a long day for him.

Could be smoke, but I've heard a lot about Bal. wanting him enough to trade up. Maybe thats why we're acting so interrested, so they'll trade with Oakland to jump us?:shrug: Probably giving our poker skills WAAYY to much credit, but guaranteeing Ryan going before us would make one of the big 4 available at 5. meh... Just a thought.

shyguyms
04-01-2008, 01:12 PM
Croyle should be the starter in K.C. just not the Chiefs, he could start for the Arena team and herm could coach them as well

Frankie
04-01-2008, 01:39 PM
Croyle should be the starter in K.C. just not the Chiefs, he could start for the Arena team and herm could coach them as well

I love it when our CP experts are so sure about croyle being a bust. Just like they were all sure LJ was.