PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Garnett & the Cs

Direckshun
04-02-2008, 05:37 PM
Enjoying a beer, watching the best play a desperately weak clone of the Warriors. There's no doubt to this game's conclusion. It's just the journey I'm enjoying.

Anyway, the play-by-play guy relates an amusing story epitomizing the intensity of Kevin Garnett.

He described a game last night when the Cs were in Chicago and Benny the Bull, the Bulls' mascot, was shooting T-shirts into the crowd with a T-shirt cannon, and one misfired and grazed Garnett's shoulder.

Apparently he turned around and was absolutely irate and just exploded, and Doc Rivers had to corral him in. I guess Benny the Bull was out to get him.

ROFL ooooooooooooooooooook

So this is a great team to watch. It may be the best constructed team in the NBA.

This isn't a matter of just acquiring a bunch of marquee players and seeing what they do, like what the Lakers did just before they lost Shaq. They've surrounded Garnett, Pierce, and Allen with perfect role players.

Perkins is your dirty work man, shotblocker.

Rondo is your penetrating PG.

Cassell's your wiley vet in the backcourt, although right now he sucks.

Tony Allen's your slasher.

Powe & Brown are your offensive rebound cats.

Posey's your spot shooter.

Big Baby is just your gigantic ****ing monster if you simply need some mass.

Probably the best put together team in the NBA. Tall, tenacious, aggressive team.

Friendo
04-02-2008, 06:36 PM
I thought Casell was a good move on Ainge's part--if there's anything left in the tank, he'll show up when it counts! And no good Celtics team would be bereft of some good smack.

Simply Red
04-02-2008, 07:50 PM
The NBA seems to be finding it's footing moreso year after year on the interest scale. I feel it's coming back, possibly.

kcxiv
04-02-2008, 07:56 PM
NBA is as competitive this year as its ever been imo. All 8 teams in the West should win 50 games. Thats NEVER been done in the NBA before. Hell, a team may miss the play offs with a 50 win season. Again. Thats never been done before.

West has 2 good teams, then the rest sucks. C's, Pistons and thats it. West is just brutal. IF anyone wants to get into hoops and wants to watch a hell of a post season. This is the year. The West is just going to be brutal.

New Orleans1 52 22
San Antonio2 52 23
L.A. Lakers3 50 24
Utah4 49 26
Phoenix5 50 25
Houston6 49 25
Dallas7 46 28
Denver8 46 29
Golden State 45 29

1-9 look at how close that is.

Psyko Tek
04-02-2008, 11:03 PM
the survivor of the west playoffs may not have anything left

every series has the potential to go7 games and they will beat the hell out of each other
GO SUNS

HolmeZz
04-03-2008, 12:07 AM
You left out Eddie House, who is instant offense off the bench. Can absolutely light it up.

cadmonkey
04-03-2008, 06:23 AM
I do have to say watching the C's each night has been pretty fun.

And Direckshun, you are right on about the role players and guys off the bench. We have gotten more than we could have ever invisioned from these guys. Its amazing how well they have all gelled.

Here's looking forward to a long run through the playoffs.

Brock
04-03-2008, 07:02 AM
Does this mean the East matters again?

Al Bundy
04-03-2008, 07:05 AM
Brock- Barely.

kcxiv
04-03-2008, 03:22 PM

lol, Yeah, well 2 teams matter. Pistons and Celtics. This is a good year for the East though, by the time the finals come the West is going to be dead tired.

Amnorix
04-03-2008, 03:38 PM

C's are something like 22-4 against the West. So they matter.

Pistons also matter.

The rest, not so much... :D

whoaskew
04-03-2008, 04:39 PM
lol, Yeah, well 2 teams matter. Pistons and Celtics.

Magic? Wizards(now that Arenas is back)?

P.S. This is coming from a Laker fan.

kcxiv
04-04-2008, 12:13 AM

Nope on either 2 of them teams. I mean, obviously something could happen and one of them teams can win it, but if i was a betting man, i said my 2 choices.

cadmonkey
04-04-2008, 06:36 AM

No, it just means that the Pistons aren't the only team in the east.

cadmonkey
04-04-2008, 06:38 AM

yup, those two teams are going to be pretty impressive.........in the first round of the playoffs, not so much after that.

Direckshun
06-18-2008, 12:55 AM
Total team victory.

TEX
06-18-2008, 08:33 AM
Glad to see Garnett get his ring! Karl Malone can eat his nads...