PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs: More Visits

aturnis
04-03-2008, 11:22 AM
Chiefs | D. Brown to visit with team
Wed, 2 Apr 2008 16:51:27 -0700

J.J. Pesavento, of Next Level Scouting, reports Virginia Tech OT Duane Brown is scheduled to visit with the Kansas City Chiefs.

Chiefs | B. Flowers to visit with team
Wed, 2 Apr 2008 16:47:31 -0700

J.J. Pesavento, of Next Level Scouting, reports Virginia Tech CB Brandon Flowers is scheduled to visit with the Kansas City Chiefs.

CosmicPal
04-03-2008, 11:27 AM
Chiefs | D. Brown to visit with team
Wed, 2 Apr :51:

J.J. Pesavento, of Next Level Scouting, reports Virginia Tech OT Duane Brown is scheduled to visit with the Kansas City Chiefs.

He's projected to be a mid-rounder:

Strengths:
Good size and bulk with long arms...Excellent athleticism...Light on his feet...Very quick and moves well....Has terrific balance and agility...Able to get to the second level...Does a nice job in pass pro...Offers some versatility...Still has some upside.

Weaknesses:
Is not real strong or physical...May be a bit of a 'tweener...Plays too tall and does not bend his knees well...Raw and not a great technician...Isn't stout at the point of attack...Gets a marginal push..Lacks a killer instinct...Not a fit for every scheme.

Notes:
Began his Hokie career at tight end...Played right and left tackle during his college career and could also project inside to guard at the pro level..Finesse type whose best fit will likely come in a zone blocking scheme...Developmental prospect and a Workout Warrior with some very intriguing physical tools...Similar to Brandon Frye.

Coach
04-03-2008, 11:28 AM
Sweet. More tweeners and projects.

CosmicPal
04-03-2008, 11:29 AM
Chiefs | B. Flowers to visit with team
Wed, 2 Apr :47:

J.J. Pesavento, of Next Level Scouting, reports Virginia Tech CB Brandon Flowers is scheduled to visit with the Kansas City Chiefs.

And Flowers is expected to go before the 4th round:

Strengths:
Has a solid build...Good athleticism...Physical, aggressive and a big hitter...Smooth with fluid hips and transitions well...Has excellent feet...Quick with a burst to close and plays faster than he times...Good instincts and awareness...A playmaker with nice hands, body control and ball skills...Extremely confident..Has a short memory.

Weaknesses:
Does not have great height...Timed speed is below average...Has some character questions...Is too aggressive at times and will gamble..He will go for the knockout blow rather than wrap up as a tackler...Inconsistent...Durability may be a concern.

Notes:
Prepped at the famed Hargrave Military Academy in 2003...Played in one game in 2004 before sustaining a right fibular fracture and redshirting...He was a two-year starter for the Hokies...Off-the-field concerns emerged when he posted a picture featuring a large amount of cash and a small baggie of what appears to be drugs along with a disturbing caption on his Facebook page...Excellent all-around corner with superb man coverage skills...Doesn't have all the physical tools that you look for but has starting potential...Not in the same class as DeAngelo Hall but he may be a better pro prospect than former Hokies like Eric Green / Jimmy Williams were.

DaKCMan AP
04-03-2008, 11:34 AM
Sweet. More tweeners and projects.

If a prospect were perfect he wouldn't be available in the 3-5th round. :spock:

Coach
04-03-2008, 11:36 AM
If a prospect were perfect he wouldn't be available in the 3-5th round. :spock:

Who said anything about perfect? All I just said tweener and project. Lord knows how successful the Chiefs have been with tweeners and projects.

Fish
04-03-2008, 11:36 AM
Is it just me, or are these draft reviews(Strength, Weaknesses, Notes,etc.) from various "experts" starting to sound like a damn wine tasting review?

Many times they talk in circles, contradict themselves, and sound like they're just babbling buzz terms.....

CosmicPal
04-03-2008, 11:37 AM
From reading Brandon Flowers bio, he sounds like Bernard Pollard's twin. Imagine having Pollard at the safety position and another reckless, hard-hitting type at the corner position. Sounds good to me. Only Flowers should stick to covering his man.

DaKCMan AP
04-03-2008, 11:39 AM
From reading Brandon Flowers bio, he sounds like Bernard Pollard's twin. Imagine having Pollard at the safety position and another reckless, hard-hitting type at the corner position. Sounds good to me. Only Flowers should stick to covering his man.

I'd rather have Chevous Jackson than Brandon Flowers, and Jackson should be available in a lower round.

crazycoffey
04-03-2008, 11:43 AM
Who said anything about perfect? All I just said tweener and project. Lord knows how successful the Chiefs have been with tweeners and projects.

not going to hit them all, but jeez - dante hall, waters, even J. page and J. allen all Projects, late round picks or even undrafted Free Agents.

Coach
04-03-2008, 11:48 AM
not going to hit them all, but jeez - dante hall, waters, even J. page and J. allen all Projects, late round picks or even undrafted Free Agents.

Hall was at best, a kick returner who had one great year. Other than that, he's just been a crying baby, bitching about the return game when it's really his fault for going backwards for the most of the time.

Waters was undrafted and was picked up by Cowboys, IIRC.

Page only had two years under his belt, and too tell you the truth, it's still too early to tell if he'll be any good.

Allen is the only winner.

crazycoffey
04-03-2008, 11:55 AM
Hall was at best, a kick returner who had one great year. Other than that, he's just been a crying baby, bitching about the return game when it's really his fault for going backwards for the most of the time.

Page only had two years under his belt, and too tell you the truth, it's still too early to tell if he'll be any good.

Ok, mecca....

DaKCMan AP
04-03-2008, 11:59 AM

Kolby Smith is looking like a pretty good 5th rounder. Wilkerson was very solid for a 6th. Page has already surpassed expectations for a 7th rounder. Jury's out on Herb Taylor, Michael Allen, Tre' Stallings and Jeff Webb.

Frankie
04-03-2008, 12:03 PM
WTF?! first we were interested in FA Randall Gay. Then we signed a WR named Darling. Now we want to draft a DB named Flowers. Not exactly reassuring about the toughness of the team we are trying to build.

crazycoffey
04-03-2008, 12:05 PM
WTF?! first we were interested in FA Randall Gay. Then we signed a WR named Darling. Now we want to draft a DB named Flowers. Not exactly reassuring about the toughness of the team we are trying to build.

actually I would figure it to be the opposite. With names like that, you know they've had to fight all their lives - they probably will be wearing toughness like do-rag....

Adept Havelock
04-03-2008, 12:10 PM

Really?

Waters was a TE in Dallas (TE/DE High School and College) we moved to G.

Taking a guy who wasn't even an O-lineman and turning him into a solid NFL O-lineman doesn't qualify as a "winner" as a development project?

Let me guess...you agreed with George Brett's dad when he bawled him out for not getting the five hits he needed to get over .400 that year. :p

aturnis
04-03-2008, 12:15 PM
Flowers Facebook picture...

http://www.collegiatetimes.com/cms/resource/image/file/388.jpg
"Dis How Palm Beach County Dope Boiz Get Down Baaaaabeh Every day ****** Hustlin."

If you look in the bottom right, among the all the money, is a small baggie, with a white substance inside of it. Brandon Flowers also has a concealed weapon charge, with a 9mm Glock.

Adept Havelock
04-03-2008, 12:17 PM

"Dis How Palm Beach County Dope Boiz Get Down Baaaaabeh Every day ****** Hustlin."

If you look in the bottom right, among the all the money, is a small baggie, with a white substance inside of it. Brandon Flowers also has a concealed weapon charge, with a 9mm Glock.

Sounds like a great candidate for the Silver and Black or Bengals.

markk
04-03-2008, 12:18 PM
Flowers: Off-the-field concerns emerged when he posted a picture featuring a large amount of cash and a small baggie of what appears to be drugs along with a disturbing caption on his Facebook page

No thanks...

aturnis
04-03-2008, 12:18 PM
actually I would figure it to be the opposite. With names like that, you know they've had to fight all their lives - they probably will be wearing toughness like do-rag....

Rep! Ever heard of a boy named Sue?

crazycoffey
04-03-2008, 12:20 PM

was that a song by johnny cash? Charles Bronsen used to have to wear his big sister's hand me downs because the family was so poor, that's why he became such a hard ass....

:p

crazycoffey
04-03-2008, 12:22 PM

I just went to look it up on Wiki - says that Shel Silverstein wrote it! I didn't know that

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Boy_Named_Sue

More info - Shel decided to write a follow up song; http://www.sonicuke.com/c_father.php

Okay... now years ago, I wrote a song named "A Boy Named Sue", and that was okay and everything, except then I started to think about it, and I thought, It is unfair. I am looking at the whole thing from the poor kid's point of view. And as I get more older and more fatherly, I begin to look at things from an old man's point of view. So... I decided to give the old man equal time. Okay. Here we go

shakesthecat
04-03-2008, 12:22 PM
Holy crap!

A rare aturnis sighting

aturnis
04-03-2008, 12:26 PM
Duane Brown: Started collegiate career as 2nd TE before moving to right OT for two seasons....for his senior year he shifted to left offensive tackle, starting all fourteen games…Graded 79.07% for blocking consistency, as he delivered 34 knockdowns/key blocks for an offense that averaged 330.5 yards per game…Had some difficult stretches adjusting to playing left offensive tackle, allowing 8.5 of the 54 quarterback sacks given up by the team on 379 pass plays…Also allowed four pressures and was penalized seven times.

Sounds like a RT to me...

aturnis
04-03-2008, 12:29 PM
Yep Shakes...I'm back, although I plan to see limited duty. More of a lurker than an active poster.

CosmicPal
04-03-2008, 12:32 PM
I'd rather have Chevous Jackson than Brandon Flowers, and Jackson should be available in a lower round.

Me too. :thumb:

I have us picking him in my mock draft a couple of months ago

kcchiefsus
04-03-2008, 02:31 PM

Brandon Flowers isn't a tweener or a project.

kcchiefsus
04-03-2008, 02:34 PM
Duane Brown: Started collegiate career as 2nd TE before moving to right OT for two seasons....for his senior year he shifted to left offensive tackle, starting all fourteen games…Graded 79.07% for blocking consistency, as he delivered 34 knockdowns/key blocks for an offense that averaged 330.5 yards per game…Had some difficult stretches adjusting to playing left offensive tackle, allowing 8.5 of the 54 quarterback sacks given up by the team on 379 pass plays…Also allowed four pressures and was penalized seven times.

Sounds like a RT to me...

No, sounds like somebody who is raw and still learning the position.

stlchiefs
04-03-2008, 02:34 PM
Brandon Flowers isn't a tweener or a project.

That's right, he's a thug and a drug dealer.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-03-2008, 04:03 PM

We better not ****ing draft this punk.

BIG K
04-03-2008, 09:51 PM
No, sounds like somebody who is raw and still learning the position.

Sounds like he was better than average ( 10.8 sacks per lineman avg.?) on a SHITTY offensive line! He'll fit right in a Chief's uniform....