PDA

View Full Version : Where do you rent your movie DVD's????

Chiefmanwillcatch
04-03-2008, 08:44 PM
My local grocery store replaced it's dvd collection with a REDBOX (http://www.redbox.com/) No big selection but $1.00 overnight rentals.

I see it's $5.00 for Blockbuster rental.

Sure-Oz
04-03-2008, 08:47 PM
I recently signed up for Netflix and am still on the 2 week trial....i'll keep it likely.

Avg'ed about 3 rentals a week from blockbuster, so i thought this may be cheaper in the long run...

KcMizzou
04-03-2008, 08:54 PM
I don't rent movies. I'll be honest... I download a few. The ones I really like, I buy. I picked up my two disc collectors edition of "The Mist" tonight. (Even though I had already downloaded it.)

Another I got on a torrent that I'll buy, is "Shoot 'Em Up". I watched that silly ass movie twice in back to back nights. It's a hell of a lot of fun.

Molitoth
04-03-2008, 09:37 PM
Hastings! If you return the movie the next day you get a $2 credit to your account.

So if you return movies the next day bascally everytime it is rent 2 get 1 free.
That is for NEW movies though...

Old movies are just 49, and 99 cents.

KcMizzou
04-03-2008, 09:39 PM
Hastings! If you return the movie the next day you get a $2 credit to your account.

So if you return movies the next day bascally everytime it is rent 2 get 1 free.
That is for NEW movies though...

Old movies are just 49, and 99 cents.There was a Hastings in St. Joe when I lived up there. I loved that place.

Frazod
04-03-2008, 09:58 PM
Still doing Blockbuster. That may change now that I'm getting a blu ray. Do they even rent blu ray movies?

JBucc
04-03-2008, 09:59 PM
movie gallery

Sure-Oz
04-03-2008, 10:11 PM
Still doing Blockbuster. That may change now that I'm getting a blu ray. Do they even rent blu ray movies?

Blockbuster has a few shelves for Bluray movies...usually 1 copy of each flick though. Very small, your best bet is doing netflix or a blockbuster online....

Good thing about netflix i have it setup to send auto-bluray on anything that has it, it does reg. dvds secondary of any movie. Pretty sweet

Simply Red
04-03-2008, 10:42 PM
Redbox, all day. No surprises, period.

Deberg_1990
04-03-2008, 10:43 PM
I detest those redbox things at McDonalds and Walmart.

Frazod
04-03-2008, 10:49 PM
Blockbuster has a few shelves for Bluray movies...usually 1 copy of each flick though. Very small, your best bet is doing netflix or a blockbuster online....

Good thing about netflix i have it setup to send auto-bluray on anything that has it, it does reg. dvds secondary of any movie. Pretty sweet

I'll check into that. Thanks.

KcMizzou
04-03-2008, 10:53 PM
I detest those redbox things at McDonalds and Walmart.Why?

I've never used one. Wouldn't know how to... but I'd assume it's pretty simple.

Deberg_1990
04-03-2008, 10:56 PM
Why?

I've never used one. Wouldn't know how to... but I'd assume it's pretty simple.

Well, it sounds like a good idea, but like anything else in our now "self help" society, human error screws things up.

Try standing in line on a Friday or Sat night to rent or return a movie. Your either stuck behing Grandma and Grandpa who havent used a credit card in ages, or Soccer mom with her 4 kids waiting on a movie.

Psyko Tek
04-03-2008, 11:06 PM
the dirty bookstore

kcchiefsus
04-03-2008, 11:07 PM
Used to go to Hollywood video but they closed down near me. Now I go to Blockbuster or Redbox.

wazu
04-03-2008, 11:12 PM
Blockbuster Online...for now, but probably switching soon. They have had a "long wait" for "The Wire - Season 2" since January. Literally.

Can anybody using Netflix please check and see if there is a wait at all for this?

POND_OF_RED
04-03-2008, 11:18 PM
Blockbuster is right down the street from my house so I have the unlimited 2 movie trade in deal. I used to work at Hollywood Video in Columbia though and based on that store I would rate there selection much higher.

Groves
04-03-2008, 11:23 PM
The gorgeous wife-babe and I tend to love more obscure movies and documentaries, so the blockbuster selection pretty much is lacking. Netflix gets us anything we want. We did enjoy the "get another rental by returning the movie to a blockbuster store" thing, but selection won out. Our newest strategy is to save any new release for renting at a grocerystore kiosk or redbox, everything else is netflix.

Rausch
04-04-2008, 12:03 AM
True Netflix believer...

Logical
04-04-2008, 12:23 AM
Blockbuster Online...for now, but probably switching soon. They have had a "long wait" for "The Wire - Season 2" since January. Literally.

Can anybody using Netflix please check and see if there is a wait at all for this?

No wait Adam

Rausch
04-04-2008, 12:28 AM
Confirmed. I selected it and it's now my "shipped tomorrow."

I'm no fan so I cancelled, but it's there.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-04-2008, 12:49 AM
Blockbuster in store+ Netflix.

KCChiefsMan
04-04-2008, 01:18 AM
I use the Blockbuster Total Access, which is great. I get a movie, watch it, put it back in the mail, 2 days later I got the next movie! It's just like netflix, only it's through blockbuster

Abba-Dabba
04-04-2008, 01:30 AM

All available

Mr. Flopnuts
04-04-2008, 01:34 AM
Redbox, all day. No surprises, period.

Yep. Sign up on their website and they'll text you a free rental code to your phone every Monday. Redbox is the shit.

BigMeatballDave
04-04-2008, 01:47 AM
Blockbuster and Movie Gallery.

Miles
04-04-2008, 03:48 AM
I use netfix when renting more frequently but have been using redbox or other kiosks for new releases over the past two years.

Miles
04-04-2008, 03:52 AM
Well, it sounds like a good idea, but like anything else in our now "self help" society, human error screws things up.

Try standing in line on a Friday or Sat night to rent or return a movie. Your either stuck behing Grandma and Grandpa who havent used a credit card in ages, or Soccer mom with her 4 kids waiting on a movie.

I typically reserve a move online and hit them on off hours. Though I know exactly what you are talking about. Seems like half of the time I end up behind someone that had no clue what they are going to rent and a taking the time to read every f*cking description in the damn thing.

markk
04-04-2008, 05:22 AM
netflix is the greatest innovation in human history

RedandGold
04-04-2008, 05:45 AM
We've been using Netflix exclusively for the last year, and we love it. About the only minor complaint is the "Very Long Wait" on the good new releases, but the same would hold true for a local rental store.

From a cost standpoint, we're definitely ahead with the flat monthly rate.

Baby Lee
04-04-2008, 05:45 AM

I've queued, recieved, viewed, and returned all 5 DVDs of Season two in the past couple of months, and most of the delay was me getting time to watch.

My only complaint with Netflix is they don't always have the VERSION of a movie I want, or the version isn't clear.
There's a new Criterion release of Days of Heaven that's been remastered and restored, that I'd like to see, but it looks like they're still carrying an old bare-bones release.

PhillyChiefFan
04-04-2008, 06:00 AM
I like On Demand, easier than go to a movie store. Blockbuster is going under, they are in the hole so far they can't see the light of day.

ChiefsFan4Life
04-04-2008, 06:13 AM
Netflix, best place to rent from

cadmonkey
04-04-2008, 06:35 AM
I end up buying more movies than I actually rent.

Delano
04-04-2008, 07:01 AM
I was a long time Netflix member, but I don't have as much time to watch movies now.

When I really want to watch a movie, I either buy it or I rent from the local "Movie Gallery."

IA_Chiefs_fan
04-04-2008, 07:30 AM
Netflix is awesome. They have a pretty good selection of BluRay too. I seldom have to wait for new releases, but then again I add them to my queue as soon as I see the previews on tv. I live in a rural area and this is the only way I could get to watch the newer movies & BluRay.

Duck Dog
04-04-2008, 07:32 AM
Netflix.

The Franchise
04-04-2008, 07:35 AM
I end up buying more movies than I actually rent.

Exactly.

Fire Me Boy!
04-04-2008, 07:37 AM
Redbox here, but I just looked online and there are no Redboxes within 20 miles of my zip code.

:(

I guess that's the price I pay for living a block from the beach.