PDA

View Full Version : Jake Long is gone. No trades. Who do we take at #5?

BigRedChief
04-04-2008, 06:18 PM
Not who the Chiefs will pick. But in your opinion who should they pick in this scenerio?

Brock
04-04-2008, 06:20 PM
Really?

SBK
04-04-2008, 06:23 PM
Well, let's discuss this. My first reaction to Jake Long being gone would be a jumping up and down celebration that someone better has fallen to us. After my celebration was complete I'd be hoping that we have a choice between Dorsey, Ryan and Ellis.

Hopefully I would have already celebrated Gholston, Chris Long and McFadden already being drafted as well...!

Rain Man
04-04-2008, 06:26 PM
I didn't even realize the draft had started. What channel?

I figure we go with (in order): J.Long, Dorsey, C.Long, Ryan, Ellis, McFadden. Hopefully they won't all be taken before the fifth pick. If so, we should ask for a recount.

I'm really torn on Ryan versus Ellis. Either one would be fine.

BigRedChief
04-04-2008, 06:26 PM
Well, let's discuss this. My first reaction to Jake Long being gone would be a jumping up and down celebration that someone better has fallen to us. After my celebration was complete I'd be hoping that we have a choice between Dorsey, Ryan and Ellis.

Hopefully I would have already celebrated Gholston, Chris Long and McFadden already being drafted as well...!

A lot of talk on NFL live this afternoon about Carolina wanting to trade up to get Ryan. Maybe we can trade down to pick Clady or Otah if Long is gone?

BigRedChief
04-04-2008, 06:39 PM
I didn't even realize the draft had started. What channel?

I figure we go with (in order): J.Long, Dorsey, C.Long, Ryan, Ellis, McFadden. Hopefully they won't all be taken before the fifth pick. If so, we should ask for a recount.

I'm really torn on Ryan versus Ellis. Either one would be fine.
This is a tough draft if somehow Long doesn't fall to us at #5 we will have to take Dorsey to get the best value for the pick. We don't really have a pressing need at DT as the OL but Clady or Otah ain't no where near the worth of the #5 pick which means King Carl may reach to prove he's smarter than the rest of the NFL with an OL pick.

Rain Man
04-04-2008, 06:42 PM
A lot of talk on NFL live this afternoon about Carolina wanting to trade up to get Ryan. Maybe we can trade down to pick Clady or Otah if Long is gone?

If Carl trades down, I will seek a condemnation of him at the United Nations.

Anyone who wants a trade down should look at Carl's drafting record. The odds are that any 2nd or 3rd round pick would be wasted. Even if Carl was competent, why give up a potential franchise player for two solid ones? Give me a star over two competent guys any time, no matter what position they play.

Brock
04-04-2008, 06:46 PM
I don't think Peterson is going to have much input into this pick. That's the good news. There's plenty of bad news, however....

keg in kc
04-04-2008, 06:49 PM
I don't think Peterson is going to have much input into this pick. That's the good news. There's plenty of bad news, however...."The Kansas City Chiefs have just traded pick number five to the New York Jets for Chad Pennington and the Jet's seventh round selection in 2009."

melbar
04-04-2008, 07:02 PM
I go J. Long, Dorsey, C. Long, Ellis, Ryan...

the Talking Can
04-04-2008, 08:12 PM
Dorsey or Ryan

if you're convinced that Ryan is a franchise QB then you HAVE to draft him...if not, you take the best defensive player in the draft and jump for joy....

Chiefnj2
04-04-2008, 08:16 PM
If you are convinced Ryan is THE franchise QB, you have to wonder why Miami and Atlanta passed on him.

the Talking Can
04-04-2008, 08:28 PM
If you are convinced Ryan is THE franchise QB, you have to wonder why Miami and Atlanta passed on him.

if you're convinced of your own evaluating talents then you don't care what other teams think.......

BigRedChief
04-04-2008, 08:34 PM
if you're convinced of your own evaluating talents then you don't care what other teams think.......That calls for a good old school ......
Damnit Carl! :cuss:

SBK
04-04-2008, 09:36 PM

No you don't, they suck. :D

If this was how people thought then nobody would ever get drafted.

Can't take the #2 guy because the #1 team passed, etc. etc....

SBK
04-04-2008, 09:38 PM

I hope so!!! I hate the idea of getting top notch talent on the Chiefs!!!!