PDA

View Full Version : Let the pain begin: Walter Football's Pre-Draft Power Rankings in 2008

Direckshun
04-05-2008, 12:49 PM
http://www.walterfootball.com/analysis.php

1. San Diego Chargers (11-5) - The Chargers have one glaring weakness they need to fix, which happens to be the right tackle position. If they take care of that via the draft, it wouldn't surprise me at all to seem in the Super Bowl. Remember, they kept the Patriots to a single-digit deficit for the majority of the AFC Championship with Philip Rivers limping around on one leg, and without the services of LaDainian Tomlinson. Norv Turner and A.J. Smith have to be thrilled at the emergence of Vincent Jackson and Antonio Cromartie late in the season.

I expect big things from the Chargers in 2008, and I'm not afraid to put them atop this chart. Norv Turner? Winning a Super Bowl? Remember, we would have said the same thing about Eli Manning this time last year.

24. Oakland Raiders (4-12) - Oakland made a few upgrades in its secondary (DeAngelo Hall and Gibril Wilson) and JaMarcus Russell can't be any worse than Andrew Walter and Josh McCown, but one can only wonder what went on in Oakland's front office when Al Davis decided to sign every single free agent coming off an ACL tear. Perhaps the conversation went something like this:

Al Davis: Yawn... it's morning already? How long was I out for?

Assistant: Two years, sir. Do you want to look at the free agent list?

Al Davis: Sure! Whoa! Javon Walker's available!? Let's sign him!

Assistant: Umm... sir, I don't think that's a good idea... See, he's coming off an...

Al Davis: I'm calling up his agent right now! Let's make him such a huge deal that he won't even leave this city without signing! How's a $55 million contract sound?

Assistant: Not too good sir...

Al Davis: You're right! Let's make it $66 million!

Assistant: No sir! Don't do it!!! Noooo!!!!

27. Denver Broncos (7-9) - Some might be shocked to see the Broncos ranked so low. Well, they haven't done anything to improve on their 7-9 record. In fact, they've gotten a lot worse. How? Where do I begin?

Brandon Marshall's hurt. Javon Walker's gone. Matt Lepsis has retired. The offensive tackles are inexperienced. The center was horrendous with the Chiefs last year. There is still no pass rush. There is still no one who can stop the run. Boss Bailey sucks. Keary Colbert sucks even more. Jamie Winborn sucks more than both combined. D.J. Williams is still playing out of position. John Lynch is still starting at 36. Jason Elam is a Falcon. Chris Myers is a Texan. And Mike Shanahan's face will get more ruddy by the minute.

Phew... is that enough?

32. Kansas City Chiefs (4-12) - I can't say I like anything the Chiefs have done this offseason. Or to be more precise, I can't say I like what the Chiefs haven't done. Someone needs to send general manager Carl Peterson a memo that his offensive line stinks because he didn't do a single thing to upgrade it. The only thing he managed to do was overpay for defensive liability Demorrio Williams. Devard Darling, meanwhile, is far from the answer at wide out. Kansas City needs help everywhere, including quarterback. Brodie Croyle is winless as a starter and has yet to show much promise. And who knows if Larry Johnson can ever make it back to full strength after Herm Edwards ruined his career with all of those carries in 2006?

CupidStunt
04-05-2008, 12:54 PM
KC very may well be the worst team around, but these uneducated sites always list the wrong reasons. Signing cheap, asecending players and passing on overpaid, overrated, 30+ guys isn't the problem.

Direckshun
04-05-2008, 12:54 PM
KC very may well be the worst team around, but these uneducated sites always list the wrong reasons. Signing cheap, asecending players and passing on overpaid, overrated, 30+ guys isn't the problem.
Get used to a solid 12 months of this cheap skepticism.

Chiefmanwillcatch
04-05-2008, 12:55 PM
They never talked up the Packers last year either.

rad
04-05-2008, 12:56 PM
Wow. We're gonna be worse than the Falcons.

Awesome.

milkman
04-05-2008, 01:01 PM
I don't generally pay any attention to power rankings, cause they have no real value, but I like this one.

The Raiders analysis was brilliant.

LMAO

kcchiefsus
04-05-2008, 01:04 PM
That website is one of the shittier draft sites I have seen. I could care less what those idiots say.

Halfcan
04-05-2008, 01:07 PM
I am counting the days until Herm and carl are gone-we will never be a good team while these two dumb****s are running things.

Even if carl Could put a descent team together-Hermy could not manage it.

We are DOOMED!!!!!!!!!!!

Direckshun
04-05-2008, 01:16 PM
That website is one of the shittier draft sites I have seen. I could care less what those idiots say.
Yeah, I do not regard Walter Cherepski as an expert, but I do regard him as entertaining.

His takes are definitely his own.

CoMoChief
04-05-2008, 02:01 PM
2009 Michael Oher here we come!!!!

Halfcan
04-05-2008, 02:06 PM
I would like to see the Cheaps win at least 1 Fuggin game next year-stop the Losing allready Herm.

If we go 2-14- that would be better than what I expect. This team has ZERO heart to it. Probably the worst team talent wise we have ever had.

Bowser
04-05-2008, 02:06 PM
Craptastic insight.

Halfcan
04-05-2008, 02:20 PM
King Carls Checklist to build a SB team:

1. Hire a dumb**** coach that can't manage a game and feels if you score 10 points in a game-you are running up the score.

2. Only bring in bench warmer nobodies or over the hill has beens-during Free Agency. Except for rule 7.

3. Ryan Simms Rule- Forget checking out a kid before drafting him-if he has good table manners during dinner and kisses ass-he is in. Who cares if EVERY draft expert has the kid going much later-Draft him Fast!!!

4. Raise tickets while pissing off fans so we lose Home field advantage.

5. Change coaching staff yearly.

6. Bring in lots of undrafted kids off the street-this will provide "Competition" to the lazy fat asses allready on the roster.

7. Sign hurt players-(Bell, law) to HUGE $$$$$ contracts that will kill your cap space long after they have been cut.

8. Act like a total dick to all agents so Noone even wants to come here.

9. Only build up one side of the team at a time, that way we can have a #1 Offense and the worst D ever at the same time. Stay average my friends!

10. Sign a Cancer running back to a Stoopid deal while you alienate your Best Defensive player by calling him a "Young man at Risk".

11. Repeat process endlessly until Every Chiefs fans hates this team.

mikey23545
04-05-2008, 03:01 PM
Wow, it appears they can evaluate a draft before it even takes place.

Brilliant! :toast:

RustShack
04-05-2008, 03:16 PM
I think we have a better record next year than we did this year.

Tribal Warfare
04-05-2008, 03:49 PM
2009 Michael Oher here we come!!!!

:grovel:

Rain Man
04-05-2008, 04:36 PM
I can't believe that they have us listed below the Chargers. Come on.

milkman
04-05-2008, 04:41 PM
King Carls Checklist to build a SB team:

1. Hire a dumb**** coach that can't manage a game and feels if you score 10 points in a game-you are running up the score.

2. Only bring in bench warmer nobodies or over the hill has beens-during Free Agency. Except for rule 7.

3. Ryan Simms Rule- Forget checking out a kid before drafting him-if he has good table manners during dinner and kisses ass-he is in. Who cares if EVERY draft expert has the kid going much later-Draft him Fast!!!

4. Raise tickets while pissing off fans so we lose Home field advantage.

5. Change coaching staff yearly.

6. Bring in lots of undrafted kids off the street-this will provide "Competition" to the lazy fat asses allready on the roster.

7. Sign hurt players-(Bell, law) to HUGE $$$$$ contracts that will kill your cap space long after they have been cut.

8. Act like a total dick to all agents so Noone even wants to come here.

9. Only build up one side of the team at a time, that way we can have a #1 Offense and the worst D ever at the same time. Stay average my friends!

10. Sign a Cancer running back to a Stoopid deal while you alienate your Best Defensive player by calling him a "Young man at Risk".

11. Repeat process endlessly until Every Chiefs fans hates this team.

We don't call you halfwit for nuthin'.

Calcountry
04-05-2008, 05:27 PM
I cancelled Sunday Ticket.

alnorth
04-05-2008, 05:40 PM
Do we have a chance at a winless season? Whats the all-time single season loss record anyway?

StcChief
04-05-2008, 07:02 PM
we will win at least 5.

milkman
04-05-2008, 07:12 PM
Do we have a chance at a winless season? Whats the all-time single season loss record anyway?

I would think 15 losses, though the worst season ever was the Bucs in "76 at 0-14.

rad
04-05-2008, 07:18 PM
I would think 15 losses, though the worst season ever was the Bucs in "76 at 0-14.

Chargers went 1-15 a few years back.......with the lone win coming against us.

milkman
04-05-2008, 07:23 PM
Chargers went 1-15 a few years back.......with the lone win coming against us.

Dolphins went 1-15 just last season.

Chief Roundup
04-05-2008, 07:44 PM
I would say he is way over rating the Chargers!! LT tore up his knee. Antonio Gates got hurt and wasn't the same although he has a decent chance to be ready. Philip Rivers blew his knee up, had surgery, tore it again and had to have another surgery. They lost Burner Turner. They released Lorenzo Oneal and I think they may find out much like we did that getting rid of your fullback of that quality hurts your running game a lot.

Ugly Duck
04-06-2008, 12:25 AM
For the one or two that might be interested in how the rival Raiders shook it up with their new look. Here's how Coach Kiffin sez the positions are now:

LT Kwame Harris (from SF)
LG Gallery
C John Wade (from the Bucs)
RG Cooper Carlisle
RT Cornell Green & Mario Henderson are duking it out

WR Javon Walker (from the Cheaters)
WR Drew Carter (from the Panthers)
WR Ronald Curry possession slot receiver

RB Michael Bush
backup RBs Fargas, Rhodes

QB JaMarcus Russell

Tommy Kelly takes over Sapps spot on DL
Kalimba Edwards (from Detroit) takes over at right defensive end

CB Nnamdi Asomugha
CB & kick return DeAngelo Hall (from ATL)

S Gibril Wilson (from the Giants)
S Michael Huff moves to free safety

Ugly Duck
04-06-2008, 01:10 AM
Tremble in fear, Chieftains.... we got Kwame Freakin Harris!

<embed src="http://xml.truveo.com/eb/i/2602860457/a/4c86ff7dda1f7b769d520f50a4658f1d/p/1" flashvars="m=12457884&v=2&type=video" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width=" 425" height=" 341"></embed><div style="background-color:#315270; width:425px; height:14px;text-align:center;"><a href="http://www.truveo.com/" target="_blank" style="font-family:Arial; font-size:9px; font-weight:100; color:#C7D8E7;line-height:14px; text-decoration:none; letter-spacing:0.1em;">Find more videos like this on www.truveo.com.</a></div>

keg in kc
04-06-2008, 02:15 AM
Tremble in fear, Chieftains.... we got Kwame Freakin Harris!Mr. Duck, I do believe you've posted the greatest highlight video ever.

whoman69
04-06-2008, 08:36 AM
I would like to see the Cheaps win at least 1 Fuggin game next year-stop the Losing allready Herm.

If we go 2-14- that would be better than what I expect. This team has ZERO heart to it. Probably the worst team talent wise we have ever had.

I agree they don't have much heart, but getting your ass handed to you week after week will do that for you. I don't think they believe in the system. How can you believe in the system that states that eventually we will score and maybe we can stop the other team from scoring at all? This franchise seems to go in big streaks where they don't believe you need to excel on both sides of the ball. Marty didn't believe in offense and Vermeil didn't believe in defense. Edwards takes the not believing in offense mindset to another level. Our defense was amongst the worst in history under Vermeil. In the period of two seasons we went from the best offense in the league to the worst, while our defense went from worst to somewhere closer to the middle.

blueballs
04-06-2008, 11:05 AM
Where did the NY Giants rate
about this time last year
-not that I'm comparing them to the Chiefs

OnTheWarpath15
04-06-2008, 11:08 AM
JaMarcus Russell better get off his 280 pound ass and start losing some weight.

He's going to be running for his life behind that OL.

It might be worse than ours.

Kwame Harris?

ROFL

Frazod
04-06-2008, 11:09 AM
Where did the NY Giants rate
about this time last year
-not that I'm comparing them to the Chiefs

IIRC, the experts thought they were a joke even after they made the playoffs. Eli chokes, in-fighting, everybody hates Coughlin, Strahan's too old, etc.

Sort of like the way all the baseball experts dissed the Cardinals in 2006. :)

Deberg_1990
04-06-2008, 11:11 AM
IIRC, the experts thought they were a joke even after they made the playoffs. Eli chokes, in-fighting, everybody hates Coughlin, Strahan's too old, etc.

Actually, everyone still thought that until about December of last year.

Then Eli caught fire and the rest of the team started playing up to expectations.

They had one hell of a run.

OnTheWarpath15
04-06-2008, 11:13 AM

Exactly.

First it was: "Tampa's gonna whip the Giants ass."

Then: "Nice win last week in Tampa, but beating the Cowboys at home?"

Then: "NO WAY they beat Favre in Green Bay, in those conditions."

Then - we all know what happened in Glendale......

beach tribe
04-06-2008, 11:14 AM
One of the things I love the most about the NFL, is the shear unpredictability of it all. From the Draft to the Super Bowl. NONE of us truly have any Idea.
A lot of us think we do, and it makes me laugh.

Deberg_1990
04-06-2008, 11:15 AM

Opps..i read that wrong.

Your right.

banyon
04-06-2008, 11:26 AM
Tremble in fear, Chieftains.... we got Kwame Freakin Harris!

Holy hell that video is great. My favorite part was at the end when Bryant scores the TD (negated by Harris's hold) and Kwame comes in for the high five and Bryant pretends he doesn't see him. LMAO

rad
04-06-2008, 11:43 AM
Holy hell that video is great. My favorite part was at the end when Bryant scores the TD (negated by Harris's hold) and Kwame comes in for the high five and Bryant pretends he doesn't see him. LMAO

I think that was Davis, but anywhoo, I like right before that when half of Arizonas D floods Harris' side to force a quick throw for the TD

Halfcan
04-06-2008, 11:45 AM
One of the things I love the most about the NFL, is the shear unpredictability of it all. From the Draft to the Super Bowl. NONE of us truly have any Idea.

you are right- Demorrioo could be the next DT and Darlling the next TO- you never know-its unpredictable. Chiefs to the SB??? o:-)

Halfcan
04-06-2008, 11:48 AM
JaMarcus Russell better get off his 280 pound ass and start losing some weight.

He's going to be running for his life behind that OL.

It might be worse than ours.

Kwame Harris?

ROFL

Actually Jafatass Russell Stovers is up to 315 now with pads-but Crazy Al has a good plan-Jafatass will be the Center and QB at the same time. Sounds like it just might work. :D

beach tribe
04-06-2008, 11:57 AM
you are right- Demorrioo could be the next DT and Darlling the next TO- you never know-its unpredictable. Chiefs to the SB??? o:-)
Actually, I was refering to the Giants.

I can't ever remember you posting anything but garbage that sounds like it would come out of the mouth of man who wanted to shoot everyone, and then himself.

Spare the innocents, and put yourself out of your misery halfwit.

Do us all a favor.

Otter
04-06-2008, 12:34 PM

Unfortunately "unpredictable" is an adjective that doesn't fit in with the Chiefs very well these days. They're all too predictable from front office to offensive coordinator to the cheer leading squad.

The bright side is that at least this year most of our expectations wont' be thrown under a bus as we cry in our beer.

I for one welcome our new overlords.

Halfcan
04-06-2008, 12:45 PM
Actually, I was refering to the Giants.

I can't ever remember you posting anything but garbage that sounds like it would come out of the mouth of man who wanted to shoot everyone, and then himself.

Spare the innocents, and put yourself out of your misery halfwit.

Do us all a favor.

Wow tough talk-I have tears on my computer now.

beach tribe
04-06-2008, 12:46 PM
Unfortunately "unpredictable" is an adjective that doesn't fit in with the Chiefs very well these days. They're all too predictable from front office to offensive coordinator to the cheer leading squad.

The bright side is that at least this year most of our expectations wont' be thrown under a bus as we cry in our beer.

I for one welcome our new overlords.

Agreed. I was kinda referencing the NFL as a whole, The Giants, the Draft, exc.
The Chiefs are ****ed, but after all we've been through, that's not exactly a bad thing.

beach tribe
04-06-2008, 12:47 PM
Wow tough talk-I have tears on my computer now.

Wow. More garbage. Color me surprised.

Halfcan
04-06-2008, 12:51 PM
Wow. More garbage. Color me surprised.

Wow someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today. Are you going to be Mr. Grumpy Pants-all day long?? :rolleyes:

whoman69
04-06-2008, 03:30 PM
This comparison is between the Chiefs and Giants is ridiculous. The media microscope is such on the Giants that if they are not playing like the '86 Giants then all hell is breaking loose. Nobody remembers the Jim Fassel pledge? As bad as the press was badmouthing the Giants last year in New York, if they had the year the Chiefs had it would be a thousand times worse. This team is not the Giants. We don't have a top defense that added key players. We didn't add depth to our running back position. We didn't fix problems on our offensive line. For all the crap that Manning has taken because of his name, he at least won games in his first season. Tom Coughlin is generally conservative on offense, Herm Edwards is downright morbid.

EyePod
04-06-2008, 04:00 PM

I agree.

Mecca
04-06-2008, 04:04 PM
I agree.

You guys are high....

The Chiefs are going to contend for the #1 pick.

keg in kc
04-06-2008, 04:30 PM
I'd don't agree with the reasoning ("I can't say I like anything the Chiefs have done this offseason. Or to be more precise, I can't say I like what the Chiefs haven't done.") but I can't argue with the ranking. It could be an ugly season, but they're (finally) doing this the right way. Whether they select the right players or not is another story.

dj56dt58
04-06-2008, 04:47 PM
Cleveland was supposed to be the worst team last season so..why not?

whoman69
04-06-2008, 06:33 PM
I agree.

Based on what, whim and a prayer?

KCinNY
04-06-2008, 06:33 PM

What are you basing this on?

Our talent? Coaching? Front office? Free agent aquisitions?

Help me out here.