PDA

View Full Version : Mocks starting to list the Chiefs taking Albert.

Direckshun
04-05-2008, 02:20 PM
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

East Coast Sports (http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/08draft.html):

1. Miami - OT Jake Long
2. St. Louis - DE Chris Long
3. Atlanta - DT Glenn Dorsey
4. Oakland - DE Vernon Gholston

5. Kansas City Chiefs - OT Brandon Albert (Virginia)...Trade Down...The Chiefs pull the first surprise of the Draft and take the number one rated OT on their board...Albert played mostly at OG at Virginia, but could have played and started at left tackle for the Cavaliers...His stock is soaring heading into the Draft, and would be a perfect fit for what Herman Edwards and the Chiefs want out of their left tackle.

Pro Draft Guide (http://www.prodraftguide.net/03mockdraft.html):

1. Miami - DE Chris Long
2. St. Louis - DE Vernon Gholston
3. Atlanta - DT Sedrick Ellis
4. Oakland - OT Jake Long

5.Kansas City Chiefs - OG Branden Albert (Virginia)
With a surprising pick at fifth overall, the Chiefs take the fast-rising guard/tackle from Virginia. Albert is versatile enough to play tackle for the disastrous Chiefs’ front line. OT Levi Brown was a surprise at fifth overall last year plus Albert grades out better than Brown. Kansas City is looking to trade down too.

Halfcan
04-05-2008, 02:25 PM
What this Really says:

"In the first STOOPID move of the draft-the Always lame at drafting-Cheaps-skip getting a Blue Chip Prospect-and move down with their tales between their legs, to save money while Still reaching for a player."

Chiefmanwillcatch
04-05-2008, 02:51 PM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/branden-albert?id=660

He's a lot like Jake Long. Long was a guard too and then switched. This actually makes sense if he's as athletic as eveyone says.

You do take the 'best available athlete' He could play LT.

<table width="660" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td valign="middle" width="450" align="right">

• Print this page (javascript:void(0);) </td><td width="30" height="10"><spacer type="BLOCK" width="30" height="10"></td> </tr></tbody></table><table width="660" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td width="30" height="10"><spacer type="BLOCK" width="30" height="10"></td><td colspan="3" valign="middle" width="600" align="center" height="420">http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/photo/2007/10/11/PH2007101102372.jpg</td><td width="30" height="10"><spacer type="BLOCK" width="30" height="10"></td></tr><tr><td colspan="5" width="99" height="12"><spacer type="BLOCK" width="99" height="12"></td></tr></tbody></table>

Bowser
04-05-2008, 03:22 PM
I hope we take this guy with Ryan, Dorsey, Ellis, and Gholston still on the board. The fallout from that meltdown will cause the midwest to be labeled a "hot zone" for years to come.

kcchiefsus
04-05-2008, 03:30 PM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/branden-albert?id=660

He's a lot like Jake Long. Long was a guard too and then switched. This actually makes sense if he's as athletic as eveyone says.

You do take the 'best available athlete' He could play LT.

<table width="660" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td valign="middle" width="450" align="right">

• Print this page (javascript:void(0);) </td><td width="30" height="10"><spacer type="BLOCK" width="30" height="10"></td> </tr></tbody></table><table width="660" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td width="30" height="10"><spacer type="BLOCK" width="30" height="10"></td><td colspan="3" valign="middle" width="600" align="center" height="420">http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/photo/2007/10/11/PH2007101102372.jpg</td><td width="30" height="10"><spacer type="BLOCK" width="30" height="10"></td></tr><tr><td colspan="5" width="99" height="12"><spacer type="BLOCK" width="99" height="12"></td></tr></tbody></table>

No zenmaster, Long was not a guard.

Spicy McHaggis
04-05-2008, 04:15 PM
If Albert could have played LT in college, why didn't he? Is Eugene Monroe really that good? Did they think Albert would be more dominant as a guard? This is all shit that worries me in trying to project a number 5 overall pick to a position he didn't play in college.

milkman
04-05-2008, 04:29 PM
I like really like Albert, and I've been saying for some time that he could easily transition to tackle, but if the Chiefs took him at 5, or anywhere in the top 10, or even 15, I'd go ****ing ballistic.

BigRock
04-05-2008, 04:48 PM
What this Really says:

"Because a few people like Mel Kiper are suddenly projecting this Albert guy as a top 10 pick, we'll follow right along so that it looks like we know what we're talking about."
FYP

Rain Man
04-05-2008, 06:25 PM
If Albert could have played LT in college, why didn't he? Is Eugene Monroe really that good? Did they think Albert would be more dominant as a guard? This is all shit that worries me in trying to project a number 5 overall pick to a position he didn't play in college.

This is a point of excellence.

Chiefmanwillcatch
04-05-2008, 06:44 PM
No zenmaster, Long was not a guard.

right. my mistake. He switched from RT.:D

Chiefnj2
04-05-2008, 06:50 PM
It goes to show you how 90% of the draft sites just mimic and copy one of the ESPN or NFL commentators.

StcChief
04-05-2008, 07:10 PM
draft can't get here fast enough to shut the MFers up.

Frankie
04-05-2008, 08:33 PM
Well I'm torn about this. This guy shows up from nowhere and all of a sudden is considered the 2nd rated LT. I love the fact that he has a Basketball background. The last time we drafted a football player with the athleticism to have played legit Basketball he became the best TE in NFL history. But then the last time we took some guy in top 5, whose stock had risen fast, over some better known guys in a crucial 'O' position we took him when QBs Jim Kelly and Dan Marino were on the board. Remember Todd Blackledge?

melbar
04-05-2008, 08:45 PM

He was going to switch permantly but Monroe got injured in the offseason and came in late so they decided not to mess with a great line last minute. Monroe is projected to become a 1st round LT when he comes out.

Rain Man
04-05-2008, 09:07 PM
I was initially hoping we could get him in the second round, but then he grew wings and spiked up to seven feet tall.

Halfcan
04-06-2008, 12:04 PM
I am all for Fat Albert-he could be the next Trezelle. I say trade up with Miami and get this kid while we still can!!!!

CupidStunt
04-06-2008, 02:16 PM
If Albert could have played LT in college, why didn't he? Is Eugene Monroe really that good? Did they think Albert would be more dominant as a guard?

In a word, yes. He was a 5* recruit and the No. 1 OL in America. Monroe was touted as an absolute beast. And given Albert's dominance at guard, it only made sense to form a dominant left side with Monroe-Albert.

I don't know what to think about Albert as a tackle or to the Chiefs. One thing I do know is that the talk of trading out of the top 15 picks and taking him is f'ing moronic. Albert is GOING to go top-15, so if the Chiefs rate him as highly as the teams that will be very interested, they're going to have to take him at some point.

Ralphy Boy
04-07-2008, 09:36 PM
seems like every year around this time, certain players go flying up the draft boards only to be passed on. Chris Kelsay?????? I don't know if Albert will go as high as predicted. What I do know is that I would love it if we drafted nothing but offensive line the first 3 rounds. Chiefs fans everywhere would crap themselves.

Also, I don't get why Jake Long is so touted. I don't profess to have seen everything he's done, but it looks like he's a run blocking left tackle, isn't the NFL supposed to worship a pass blocking left tackle? Ryan Clady seems to be the better pass blocker. Considering he's done it, played that position for at least a season, wouldn't he be the smartest pick?

milkman
04-07-2008, 10:01 PM
seems like every year around this time, certain players go flying up the draft boards only to be passed on. Chris Kelsay?????? I don't know if Albert will go as high as predicted. What I do know is that I would love it if we drafted nothing but offensive line the first 3 rounds. Chiefs fans everywhere would crap themselves.

Also, I don't get why Jake Long is so touted. I don't profess to have seen everything he's done, but it looks like he's a run blocking left tackle, isn't the NFL supposed to worship a pass blocking left tackle? Ryan Clady seems to be the better pass blocker. Considering he's done it, played that position for at least a season, wouldn't he be the smartest pick?

No.

melbar
04-07-2008, 10:59 PM

Again, Long gave up 1 sack last year. Clady didnt do near that. People say he's a better pass blocker because he's "athletic", but production speaks. Clady didnt face the competition Long did either.

Frankie
04-08-2008, 11:13 AM
seems like every year around this time, certain players go flying up the draft boards only to be passed on. Chris Kelsay?????? I don't know if Albert will go as high as predicted.

I agree. I think the so called draft experts have gotten a whiff of the Chiefs having strong interest in Albert. Therefore they are starting to forcast him as our pick at 5. All it could mean is that the Chiefs may be strongly considering a trade-down scenario. It could be nice if Albert, Clady or Otah came to us in later in the first plus maybe and extra 2nd. Who knows?

melbar
04-08-2008, 11:55 PM
Just heard that Atlanta is having Albert in for a personal workout. No way they think he's falling to the 2nd. Maybe they hope to trade up to the mid 1st?

Frankie
04-09-2008, 08:44 AM
Just heard that Atlanta is having Albert in for a personal workout. No way they think he's falling to the 2nd. Maybe they hope to trade up to the mid 1st?

Your terminology confuses me. how about re-writing this in NFL English!
;)