PDA

View Full Version : RIP Charlton Heston

Buck
04-05-2008, 10:22 PM
According to wikipedia he died.

Buck
04-05-2008, 10:23 PM
http://www.latimes.com/la-me-heston6apr06,0,3675317.story

Charlton Heston, the Oscar-winning actor who achieved stardom playing larger-than-life figures including Moses, Michelangelo and Andrew Jackson in historical epics and went on to become a best-selling author, a contentious Hollywood labor leader, an unapologetic gun advocate and darling of conservative causes, has died. He was 84.

Heston died Saturday at his Beverly Hills home, his family said in a statement. In 2002 he had been diagnosed with symptoms similar to those of Alzheimer's disease.

With a booming baritone voice, the tall, ruggedly handsome actor delivered his signature role as the prophet Moses in Cecil B. DeMille's 1956 Biblical extravaganza "The Ten Commandments," raising a rod over his head as God miraculously parts the Red Sea.

Heston won the Academy Award for best actor in another religious blockbuster in 1959's "Ben-Hur," racing four white horses at top speed in one of the cinema's legendary action sequences--the 15-minute chariot race in which his character, a proud and noble Jew, competes against his childhood Roman friend, played by Stephen Boyd.

"I don't seem to fit really into the 20th Century," Heston said in a 1965 interview. "Pretty soon, though, I've got to get a part where I wear pants with pleats and pockets."

Heston stunned the entertainment world in August 2002, when he made a poignant and moving videotaped address announcing his illness.

A few days after his dramatic announcement, Heston would sit down for an interview in his beloved Coldwater Canyon home, which he always said "Ben-Hur" had built, and faced the uncertain future with brave resolve and a sense of humor.

"The world is a tough place," he said with a chuckle. "You're never going to get out of it alive."

Late in life, Heston's stature as a political firebrand overshadowed his acting. He became demonized by gun control advocates and liberal Hollywood when he became president of the National Rifle Assn. in 1998.

Heston answered his critics in a now-famous pose that mimicked Moses' parting of the Red Sea. But instead of a rod, Heston raised a flintlock over his head and challenged his detractors to pry the rifle "from my cold, dead hands."

Like the chariot race and the bearded prophet Moses, Heston will be best remembered for several indelible cinematic moments: playing a deadly game of cat and mouse with Orson Welles in the oil fields in "Touch of Evil," his rant at the end of "Planet of the Apes" when he sees the destruction of the Statue of Liberty, his discovery that "Soylent Green is people!" in the sci-fi hit "Soylent Green" and the dead Spanish hero on his steed in "El Cid."

The New Yorker's film critic Pauline Kael, in her review of 1968's "Planet of the Apes," wrote: "All this wouldn't be so forceful or so funny if it weren't for the use of Charlton Heston in the [leading] role. With his perfect, lean-hipped, powerful body, Heston is a god-like hero; built for strength, he is an archetype of what makes Americans win. He represents American power--and he has the profile of an eagle."

For decades, Heston was a towering figure in the world of movies, television and the stage. He liked to say that he had performed Shakespeare on film more than any other actor, and he once lamented that modern-day movie stars didn't attempt the Bard to hone their acting skills.

"He was the screen hero of the 1950s and 1960s, a proven stayer in epics, and a pleasing combination of piercing blue eyes and tanned beefcake," wrote David Thomsonv in his book "The New Biographical Dictionary of Film."

Heston also was blessed by working with legendary directors like DeMille in "The Greatest Show on Earth" and again in "The Ten Commandments," Welles in "Touch of Evil," Sam Peckinpahv in "Major Dundee," William Wyler in "The Big Country" and "Ben-Hur," George Stevens in "The Greatest Story Ever Told," Franklin Schaffnerv in "The War Lord" and "Planet of the Apes" and Anthony Mann in "El Cid."

JBucc
04-05-2008, 10:24 PM
RIP

DJay23
Wow, RIP. My grandpa died a little over a year ago from Alzheimers. Not a pretty thing.

DJJasonp
Insert "from my dead cold hands" quote here.....

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-05-2008, 10:25 PM
KU killed Moses.

chagrin
04-05-2008, 10:25 PM
Damn, before the freaks come to smear his memory, let's support his life a little guys

RIP Mr. Heston

keg in kc
04-05-2008, 10:28 PM
One of the all-time greats in film. He'll be missed.

They seem to fall in threes, wonder who's next.

Deberg_1990
Its true

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080406/ap_on_en_mo/obit_heston_3

DAMN YOU all to HELL!!!!!!!

keg in kc

cdcox
From the Wikipedia page:

Heston died on April 5, 2008 at his home in Beverly Hills. He is now in Hell, being whipped by demons, for his depraved leadership of the NRA.[15][16]

cdcox
04-05-2008, 10:30 PM
Now changed to:

Dis mofacka died on April 5, 2008 at his home in Beverly Hills. H.[17]

Lzen
04-05-2008, 10:32 PM
Damn, that sucks. I have been watching the Planet Of The Apes movies the past couple days, too. Spooky coincidence.

ROYC75
04-05-2008, 10:33 PM
RIP , you were a good one.

JBucc
04-05-2008, 10:34 PM
Damn, that sucks. I have been watching the Planet Of The Apes movies the past couple days, too. Spooky coincidence.Start watching some Denver vs. Oakland games.

SBK
04-05-2008, 10:35 PM
Heston was a good man, big loss today.

Chiefmanwillcatch
04-05-2008, 10:36 PM
Sad. Fine actor who's style is totally different than what you watch today at theatres.

Atleast we have Keanu and George Clooney.

Lzen
04-05-2008, 10:39 PM
Start watching some Denver vs. Oakland games.

ROFL

Deberg_1990
04-05-2008, 10:40 PM
Tell em!

Soylent Green is People!!!!

RIP...Man, what a resume. So many classics..

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8Sp-VFBbjpE&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8Sp-VFBbjpE&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-05-2008, 10:55 PM
From the Wikipedia page:

Heston died on April 5, 2008 at his home in Beverly Hills. He is now in Hell, being whipped by demons, for his depraved leadership of the NRA.[15][16]

ROFL ROFL...oh that's so sick...but the "whipped by demons" line is damned witty.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-05-2008, 11:01 PM
The world is a tough place. You're never gonna get out of it alive.

What a great quote.

Joie
04-05-2008, 11:08 PM
One of my favorite actors.....I absolutely love Planet of the Apes. I'm sad to hear he's gone.

Frazod
04-05-2008, 11:09 PM
RIP. He made some great movies.

blueballs
04-05-2008, 11:20 PM
They had a lottery for who got to
pry the gun from his cold dead hands
those hands may not cool down for centuries

Adept Havelock
04-05-2008, 11:57 PM
RIP to a great actor. Soylent Green, Planet of the Apes, Ben-Hur.

Most of all, I'll always treasure his moving performance in Wayne's World 2.

talastan
04-05-2008, 11:59 PM
RIP and may the lord bless you with all the ammunition an eternity of hunting will require! ;)

stevieray
04-06-2008, 12:04 AM
The Agony and The Ecstasy

eh, I'm biased.

ClevelandBronco
04-06-2008, 12:05 AM
Sad. Fine actor who's style is totally different than what you watch today at theatres.

I was never a fan of the emoting style of acting that was popular in Mr. Heston's heyday. Perhaps he could have been a good actor. I don't know.

He was a good movie star, but that's not really the same thing.

Still, it's more evidence of the passing of an era and the man deserves his due for his contribution.

_____

Keanu Reeves shall be taken out back and shot as soon as he is captured. If he cannot be captured then someone else named Keanu must be killed in his place. If another Keanu cannot be found then we must kill someone named Reeves, and I'd suggest that Dan ought to figure out where Keanu is hiding and join him there as soon as possible.

George Clooney shall be allowed to live because he made atonement for his sins with O Brother, Where Art Thou?.

Clooney later committed a sin of pride by daring to remake Ocean's Eleven. (The sin wasn't in remaking the movie, but in thinking that he could stand in comparison to Frank Sinatra in any way, shape, or form.) Strangely, he pulled that one off as well, and it all seems to be due to him not taking himself or his business unduly seriously.

I hereby commute Clooney's sentence.

Adept Havelock
04-06-2008, 12:11 AM
I was never a fan of the emoting style of acting that was popular in Mr. Heston's heyday. Perhaps he could have been a good actor. I don't know.

Still, it's more evidence of the passing of an era and the man deserves his due for his contribution.

_____

Keanu Reeves shall be taken out back and shot as soon as he is captured. If he cannot be captured then someone else named Keanu must be killed in his place. If another Keanu cannot be found then we must kill someone named Reeves, and I'd suggest that Dan ought to figure out where Keanu is hiding and join him there as soon as possible.

George Clooney shall be allowed to live because he made atonement for his sins with O Brother, Where Art Thou?.

Clooney later committed a sin of pride by daring to remake Ocean's Eleven. (The sin wasn't in remaking the movie, but in thinking that he could stand in comparison to Frank Sinatra in any way, shape, or form.) Strangely, he pulled that one off as well, and it all seems to be due to him not taking himself or his business unduly seriously.

I hereby commute Clooney's sentence.

JMO, but you might consider giving him a little extra break for "Good Night, and Good Luck" as well. I thought it was a pretty good biopic/period piece. Then again, I've always had a lot of respect for Edward R Murrow so I'm probably biased.

As far as Mr. Reeves...yes.

ClevelandBronco
04-06-2008, 12:16 AM
JMO, but you might consider giving him a little extra break for "Good Night, and Good Luck" as well. I thought it was a pretty good biopic/period piece. Then again, I've always had a lot of respect for Edward R Murrow so I'm probably biased.

As far as Mr. Reeves...yes.

Yep. Good call.

Deberg_1990
04-06-2008, 01:54 AM

Keanu doesnt get a lifelong Original "Matrix" pass for his sins??

ClevelandBronco
04-06-2008, 02:02 AM
Keanu doesnt get a lifelong Original "Matrix" pass for his sins??

**** no.

Sorry, he's the worst actor of his generation.

Chiefmanwillcatch
04-06-2008, 03:10 AM

:spock: :rolleyes:

ROFL

Rewatch the 10 commandments and Ben Hur.

Ultra Peanut
04-06-2008, 03:33 AM
Guy led one hell of a productive life.

DenverChief
04-06-2008, 04:38 AM

John Wooden?

whoman69
04-06-2008, 07:31 AM
A good actor that left his latest legacy in going overboard with an organization that has no sense of proportion. It's great to try to protect the Constitution, but to fail to realize the Constitution has limits is ludicrous. The NRA not only fought against gun legislation, they refused to even budge on it. Americans freedom of speech does not allow them to shout 'fire' in a crowded room, nor does it allow one to threaten or slander someone. The NRA could not even give into checks for criminals. They need their guns and they need them now. They couldn't see that everyone walking down the street with a firearm on the like Dodge City was not really a good thing. They couldn't even agree that the average citizen did not really have a need for a weapon that could spit out hundreds of rounds per minute.

whoman69
04-06-2008, 07:34 AM

I don't think that its humanly possible for a trained actor to do a worse job portraying Batman than George Clooney did.

boogblaster
04-06-2008, 07:59 AM
... RIP ... Charlton you stood up for a good cause .....

markk
04-06-2008, 08:42 AM
I didn't think we'd see him again after his alzheimer's announcement, but it's still sad to hear. a great actor and a fine man who stood up for the constitution... always remember Ben-Hur and of course his cameo on Wayne's World 2... that one perfect day on Gordon Street...

Deberg_1990
04-06-2008, 08:45 AM
A good actor that left his latest legacy in going overboard with an organization that has no sense of proportion. It's great to try to protect the Constitution, but to fail to realize the Constitution has limits is ludicrous. The NRA not only fought against gun legislation, they refused to even budge on it. Americans freedom of speech does not allow them to shout 'fire' in a crowded room, nor does it allow one to threaten or slander someone. The NRA could not even give into checks for criminals. They need their guns and they need them now. They couldn't see that everyone walking down the street with a firearm on the like Dodge City was not really a good thing. They couldn't even agree that the average citizen did not really have a need for a weapon that could spit out hundreds of rounds per minute.

Unfortunately, Hestons last memorable screen role...

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FD2x6-CF2h4&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FD2x6-CF2h4&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Brock
04-06-2008, 08:54 AM

Yet another dumbass who doesn't understand what "shall not be infringed" means.

Nzoner
04-06-2008, 08:56 AM
One of my favorite Heston movies was a mini-series on tv called Chiefs about 3 generations of cops.

stevieray
04-06-2008, 09:02 AM

you stay classy....:shake:

StcChief
04-06-2008, 09:21 AM
RIP. great actor

Frazod
04-06-2008, 10:49 AM

The problem is that you HAVE TO BE THAT CRAZY when dealing with extremists who would have the police come door to door and seize every weapon. You cannot give quarter to these pricks.

Look at what the anti-smoking shitbags accomplished because people tried to be fair and reasonable. First it was warning labels. Okay, yeah they're bad for you, that's fair. Then it was airplanes. Sure, it's a small enclosed space, I guess going a couple of hours is okay. Then it was the workplace. Sure, I can smoke in the lounge. But THEN it because the whole goddamn building, and the space on the sidewalk in front of it. And parks. And bars. THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THE LUNATICS WIN. And it's the same kind of scumbags who want our guns.

Sorry, but as long as these assholes are fighting the NRA over my right to own a rocket launcher, they won't be f#cking with my 9mm pistol.

alanm
04-06-2008, 11:04 AM
The problem is that you HAVE TO BE THAT CRAZY when dealing with extremists who would have the police come door to door and seize every weapon. You cannot give quarter to these pricks.

Look at what the anti-smoking shitbags accomplished because people tried to be fair and reasonable. First it was warning labels. Okay, yeah they're bad for you, that's fair. Then it was airplanes. Sure, it's a small enclosed space, I guess going a couple of hours is okay. Then it was the workplace. Sure, I can smoke in the lounge. But THEN it because the whole goddamn building, and the space on the sidewalk in front of it. And parks. And bars. THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THE LUNATICS WIN. And it's the same kind of scumbags who want our guns.

Sorry, but as long as these assholes are fighting the NRA over my right to own a rocket launcher, they won't be f#cking with my 9mm pistol.
:thumb::thumb:

Nzoner
04-06-2008, 11:10 AM

amen

Adept Havelock
04-06-2008, 11:19 AM

:wayne: :clap:

wazu
04-06-2008, 11:27 AM

Very well put.

Halfcan
04-06-2008, 11:28 AM
Damn, before the freaks come to smear his memory, let's support his life a little guys

RIP Mr. Heston

Couldn't agree more-he was an excellent actor and human.

RIP

milkman
04-06-2008, 11:28 AM

Seems like a popular post, and I didn't want to be left out.

Boon
04-06-2008, 12:11 PM

Yep! I don't smoke and don't own a gun. But I agree.

Halfcan
04-06-2008, 12:14 PM
Take all the guns, and drop them in the sea

Before some fool comes around, trying to shoot you or me.

Boon
04-06-2008, 12:22 PM
Take all the guns, and drop them in the sea

Before some fool comes around, trying to shoot you or me.

Leenard Skeenard!

talastan
04-06-2008, 12:54 PM

Actually contrary to popular belief our Freedom of Speech grants exactly that. It doesn't say anything about clauses or situations that are extempt in the Constitution. I protects all free speech, it doesn't however protect people from the consquences of their chosen speech. Same applies to the Right to bear arms. Either it applies to all or none IMO. If it isn't stated specifically in the Constitution, then the individual states decide their stance on it IMO. Mr Heston thanks for all your hard work both on and off the screen!!

Adept Havelock
04-06-2008, 01:00 PM
Actually contrary to popular belief our Freedom of Speech grants exactly that. It doesn't say anything about clauses or situations that are extempt in the Constitution. I protects all free speech, it doesn't however protect people from the consquences of their chosen speech. Same applies to the Right to bear arms. Either it applies to all or none IMO. If it isn't stated specifically in the Constitution, then the individual states decide their stance on it IMO. Mr Heston thanks for all your hard work both on and off the screen!!

Yes. IMO, you are free to yell "Fire" in a crowded theatre. You are also free to be prosecuted for inciting a riot, endangerment, etc.

MahiMike
04-06-2008, 01:13 PM
I heard the NRA killed him.

"Guns don't kill people. The NRA does."

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-06-2008, 01:20 PM

Neither will your fridge..

;)

Chiefmanwillcatch
04-06-2008, 01:21 PM

<object width="425" height="355">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FD2x6-CF2h4&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></object>

We have violence taught to little kids on tv.

The swiss all have guns as do Canadians. They don't kill each other.

Blacks do use guns a lot when robbing people. Black and Mexican gangs shoot up each other.

memyselfI
04-06-2008, 01:34 PM
I could not stand the man or his views but I hope he RIP.

Bwana
04-06-2008, 02:19 PM

<OBJECT height=355 width=425>

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FD2x6-CF2h4&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></OBJECT></P>
Wow, I didn't think I could have more distain for that lump of shit Michael Moore...........I was wrong.

ClevelandBronco
04-06-2008, 02:25 PM
Rewatch the 10 commandments and Ben Hur.

I wouldn't want to waste that kind of time.

Mecca
04-06-2008, 02:34 PM
</P>
Wow, I didn't think I could have more distain for that lump of shit Michael Moore...........I was wrong.

Because Heston says a bunch of dumbass uninformed things?

Bwana
04-06-2008, 02:42 PM
Because Heston says a bunch of dumbass uninformed things?

Heston was nice enough to have him in his house and Moore went out of his way to be a complete asshole. You could tell Heston had no idea what Moore was there for. Heston was a decent guy with a lot of class, Moore is a low test pile of shit.

whoman69
04-06-2008, 03:12 PM
Yet another dumbass who doesn't understand what "shall not be infringed" means.

Yet another dumbass who thinks that it is an inviolate right not subject to interpretation or limit. "Congress shall make no law...abridging the freedom of speech...". Does that mean that you can threaten someone or yell fire in a crowded theatre? Why is it that dumbasses like you think that only the Second Ammendment has no limits? What is infringing on your rights to say that we want to make sure that you do not have a felony record before we give you a gun. Every part of the Constitution is meant to have logical limits. Freedom of religion stops short of human sacrifice and polygamy, journalists are often asked to give up their sources in criminal proceedings, peaceable assembly does not mean that you can block an intersection. Do I need to go on here? What makes the 2nd ammendment so freaking special?

Fire Me Boy!
04-06-2008, 04:56 PM
I loved Heston, but a "great actor" he was not. He did, however, have a tremendous amount of charisma. And sometimes that's all it takes.

RIP, Chuck.

Demonpenz
04-06-2008, 04:57 PM
remember in waynes world 2 when they called for a better actor that shit was awesome

Chiefmanwillcatch
04-06-2008, 04:58 PM
Yet another dumbass who thinks that it is an inviolate right not subject to interpretation or limit. "Congress shall make no law...abridging the freedom of speech...". Does that mean that you can threaten someone or yell fire in a crowded theatre? Why is it that dumbasses like you think that only the Second Ammendment has no limits? What is infringing on your rights to say that we want to make sure that you do not have a felony record before we give you a gun. Every part of the Constitution is meant to have logical limits. Freedom of religion stops short of human sacrifice and polygamy, journalists are often asked to give up their sources in criminal proceedings, peaceable assembly does not mean that you can block an intersection. Do I need to go on here? What makes the 2nd ammendment so freaking special?

Thats why we all have the right to bear arms. To defend ourselves.

Criminals get their guns no matter what laws.

The present day laws give criminals the edge. We aren't allowed to carry guns. Criminals are usually huge muscle pumped punks.(watch nat.geographics series on prison gangs)The gun is the equalizer.

Gated communities and ID cards could offer another layer of protection. Keep criminal elements monitored and in their ghettos.

rad
04-06-2008, 07:03 PM

What would your interpretation be then? Semi-auto? Pistols? Full auto?

What do YOU think we're not allowed to own? By "we're", I mean law-abiding folks like me.

Just curious.

Brock
04-06-2008, 07:38 PM

My owning a firearm, any firearm, harms no one, unlike every single other situation you discussed above. I understand that brain dead gun-grabbers such as yourself have trouble with elementary logic, seeing as how you can barely read the constitution and understand what it says.

whoman69
04-06-2008, 08:39 PM
My owning a firearm, any firearm, harms no one, unlike every single other situation you discussed above. I understand that brain dead gun-grabbers such as yourself have trouble with elementary logic, seeing as how you can barely read the constitution and understand what it says.

You say you use logic and then resort to personal attacks. Stay classy.

chasedude
04-06-2008, 08:47 PM
RIP Omega Man

markk
04-07-2008, 09:01 AM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6u76_KsEo4M&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6u76_KsEo4M&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

R&GHomer
04-07-2008, 10:49 AM
RIP, Heston you were one of the greatest.

Extra Point
04-07-2008, 10:59 AM
When is Michael Moore's turn?

RIP, Mr. Heston.

Amnorix
04-07-2008, 11:29 AM
Loved his movies. Hated his politics, but so what. He entertained us all. Rest in peace.

BigOlChiefsfan
04-07-2008, 11:29 AM
"His political advocacy generated controversy. Why this is so speaks more to our cultural divide today than it does to Heston’s political beliefs. He marched with Martin Luther King and was a staunch supporter of civil rights. He opposed McCarthyism and racial segregation. He spoke out against gay-bashing and opposed the Vietnam War, believing Nixon was a disaster as president.

He supported liberal Democrats early in his Hollywood career including Johnson and Kennedy. It appears that as long as Heston was doing what was expected of him as a Hollywood liberal, he could do no wrong.

But like many Democrats in the late 1970’s, Heston’s allegiances to both liberalism and the party began to weaken. Once he began campaigning for more conservative positions on issues like gun control, affirmative action, and national defense, the left turned on him with a vengeance. He didn’t formally change his party affiliation until 1987 but it was clear by the early Reagan years that Heston had abandoned the New Left and the Democrats.

But it was his stint as President of the National Rifle Association that garnered the most controversy. By 1998, gun owners felt themselves under siege. The NRA was becoming a pariah in Washington and the organization found themselves reaching out to Heston, who once supported gun control in the early 1970’s, to be the public face of the NRA. The move proved to be enormously popular with those supporting second amendment rights and Heston showed that he was more than capable of arguing their case in forum after forum.

The Columbine controversy, portrayed in Michael Moore’s “documentary” Bowling for Columbine, showed a much diminished Heston arguing that holding the NRA meeting in Denver a week after the tragedy was not insensitive. The fact that the people of Denver agreed for the most part didn’t stop gun control advocates from painting Heston as some kind of fanatic. Indeed, it was shortly after Moore’s propaganda film came out that Heston announced he was suffering from Ahlzeimers disease. Actor George Clooney joked about Heston’s condition while later saying that because of Heston’s presidency of the NRA, he deserved anything bad said about him. Heston responded by saying that Clooney had “no class.”

Obit (http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/charlton-heston-almost-too-big-for-the-big-screen/)

Actually, Heston gave a hat tip to George Clooney's auntie Rosemary Clooney by saying about George 'Sometimes class skips a generation'.

I tip my hat to him for his support of Dr. King when it could cost him his career-and his support of our constitutional rights when the NRA presidency made his career suffer. My best thoughts go out to his family and his fans.

CHIEF4EVER
04-07-2008, 11:40 AM
RIP

Lzen
04-07-2008, 11:58 AM
From the Wikipedia page:

That's pretty a pretty shitty thing to do. I'm glad they removed it if that was actually there.

Dylan
04-07-2008, 12:03 PM
http://www.wetcircuit.com/wp-content/myfotos/tencommandments/TenCommandments_07.jpg

Nefretiri: Oh, Moses, Moses! Why of all men did I fall in love with the Prince of Fools? Why must you deny me and yourself?

Moses: Because I am bound to a God, and to a people, and to a shepherd girl.

Nefretiri: A shepherd girl? What can she be to you unless the desert sun has dulled your senses? Does she grate garlic on her skin or is it soft as mine? Are her lips chafed and dry as the desert sand or are they moist and red like a pomegranate? Is it the fragrance of myrrh that scents her hair or is it the odor of sheep?

Moses: There is a beauty beyond the senses, Nefretiri.

Aww... the good ol' days o:-)

Lzen
04-07-2008, 12:10 PM
RIP Omega Man

Just watched that recently, as well. Someone on IMDB mentioned it as I was reading about I Am Legend with Wil Smith. Gotta say that I liked the modern version much better. :) The Omega Man was pretty cheesy.

crazycoffey
04-07-2008, 12:11 PM
You say you use logic and then resort to personal attacks. Stay classy.

You don't even deserve to be shot,
Pistol whip this poster, boys!

Anyway, it's not like you're staying classy; standing on your platform in a "RIP" thread about a great american, no matter how his political views differ from you own?

RIP, Mr. Heston, R I P

Frazod
04-07-2008, 12:17 PM
http://www.wetcircuit.com/wp-content/myfotos/tencommandments/TenCommandments_07.jpg

Nefretiri: Oh, Moses, Moses! Why of all men did I fall in love with the Prince of Fools? Why must you deny me and yourself?

Moses: Because I am bound to a God, and to a people, and to a shepherd girl.

Nefretiri: A shepherd girl? What can she be to you unless the desert sun has dulled your senses? Does she grate garlic on her skin or is it soft as mine? Are her lips chafed and dry as the desert sand or are they moist and red like a pomegranate? Is it the fragrance of myrrh that scents her hair or is it the odor of sheep?

Moses: There is a beauty beyond the senses, Nefretiri.

Aww... the good ol' days o:-)

Damn I'd forgotten how hot Anne Baxter was. OMG :drool:

Dylan
04-07-2008, 12:22 PM
I like all the shades of blue -- very, very purdy :D