PDA

View Full Version : ***** Official KU vs Memphis Final Four Championship Game Thread .*****

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

ROYC75
04-05-2008, 11:53 PM
04/07/08 Monday Night 8:20 CST San Antonio,Tx.

KU Jayhawks vs Memphis Tigers

Folks this one has all the makings of a Great game for any college basketball fan to watch. No fancy talk here, this is for it ALL .........

:KU: ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK, GO KU :KU:

teedubya
04-06-2008, 01:23 AM
:KU:

Mr. Flopnuts
04-06-2008, 01:24 AM
Congrats KU fans, particularly Ari and I believe Braincase, and everyone else who attended the school. Good luck Monday night.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-06-2008, 01:26 AM
ROCK CHALK, MOTHER F#@$ERS!!!!!!

ChiefsFanatic
04-06-2008, 01:43 AM
04/07/08 Monday Night 8:20 CST San Antonio,Tx.

KU Jayhawks vs Memphis Tigers

Folks this one has all the makings of a Great game for any college basketball fan to watch. No fancy talk here, this is for it ALL .........

:KU: ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK, GO KU :KU:

I am already sick to my stomach. I am so nervous. I have been a KU fan since 1986, so I have seen 7 trips to the Final Four and only 1 Championship. I am READY for another.

ArrowheadHawk
04-06-2008, 02:17 AM
A championship would be so sweet. I don't know what thats like. Having a team I support win.

ROYC75
04-06-2008, 02:26 AM
A championship would be so sweet. I don't know what thats like. Having a team I support win.

I've been blessed to see 3, KU in 88, Royals in 85 and Chiefs in 70. But I want more, more I tell ya .

Ultra Peanut
04-06-2008, 03:01 AM
I think the one thing that gives us a very, very, very slight edge is that we have a core of guys (CDR, Dorsey, Anderson, Dozier) who have won 11 NCAA tournament games over the past three years. They've been so confident, so motivated, and so damn good over the past three games that I feel good about Monday night.

You guys are like our evil twins from an alternate universe, though. Whoever wins is going to have earned the honor.

boogblaster
04-06-2008, 08:13 AM
.... GO HAWKS .... Weba gona wina ....

Nzoner
04-06-2008, 08:19 AM
I may not be a KU fan but them boys looked bad ass last night and if they didn't spend all their emotion and grit beating Roy and UNC we should be in for a helluva game tomorrow night.

Skip Towne
04-06-2008, 08:27 AM
I've been blessed to see 3, KU in 88, Royals in 85 and Chiefs in 70. But I want more, more I tell ya .

You missed KU in '52?

milkman
04-06-2008, 08:52 AM

I've seen the same, though I am not really a Kansas fan.

I really don't follow college hoops all that much until the tournament, but if I do have a rooting interest, it would be Kansas and UCLA.

DJay23
04-06-2008, 08:57 AM
I think the one thing that gives us a very, very, very slight edge is that we have a core of guys (CDR, Dorsey, Anderson, Dozier) who have won 11 NCAA tournament games over the past three years. They've been so confident, so motivated, and so damn good over the past three games that I feel good about Monday night.

You guys are like our evil twins from an alternate universe, though. Whoever wins is going to have earned the honor.

I agree with you completely. Memphis' athleticism is out of this world and scares me the most.

ArrowheadHawk
04-06-2008, 09:40 AM
I just hope that KU will bring their A game on Monday. If they bring their A game and lose I can live with that. But if they bring their A game I don't think they lose.

Easy Money
04-06-2008, 09:48 AM

Neither do half the people on this site (mizzou fans). Nah, I'm with ya....I was a whole 4 years old when KU won and I just wish we could've won it in '03, my freshman year there. It would've been nuttier than after beating marquette, that's for sure.

Easy Money
04-06-2008, 09:54 AM
Muck Femphis!!

beach tribe
04-06-2008, 11:17 AM
The name of the lounge will soon be changed.

ROYC75
04-06-2008, 11:18 AM
You missed KU in '52?

Yep, that was 5 years before my time, I remember my dad speaking about it thou.

Sure-Oz
04-06-2008, 11:36 AM
Congrats on getting to the championship KU fans, goodluck tommorow!

Halfcan
04-06-2008, 11:38 AM
KU by 5

jinx

DJJasonp
04-06-2008, 11:40 AM
Rock Chalk....here's to continuing the Roy thread-starting streak!!!!

Halfcan
04-06-2008, 11:43 AM
If KU starts the game like they did last night-this one could be over early. That was some of the Best D I have ever seen. The way the second guy would come and help on drives to the basket-worked to perfection. I lost track of the steals and blocks. UNC looked like they were about to cry. No baskets allowed in 9 plus minutes-Amazing!!

ROYC75
04-06-2008, 11:47 AM
If KU starts the game like they did last night-this one could be over early. That was some of the Best D I have ever seen. The way the second guy would come and help on drives to the basket-worked to perfection. I lost track of the steals and blocks. UNC looked like they were about to cry. No baskets allowed in 9 plus minutes-Amazing!!

Memphis is no UNC, they are better than UNC. This game will be a war, the whole game.

irishjayhawk
04-06-2008, 11:53 AM
Memphis is no UNC, they are better than UNC. This game will be a war, the whole game.

Yep. Battle of Attrition.

irishjayhawk
04-06-2008, 11:55 AM

I'm just hoping that if we lose we don't lose big. It should be a war, as Roy stated.

DJay23
04-06-2008, 11:56 AM
So what did Tennessee do to Memphis that got them their win?

eazyb81
04-06-2008, 12:01 PM
I just hope that KU will bring their A game on Monday. If they bring their A game and lose I can live with that. But if they bring their A game I don't think they lose.

I hope both teams bring their A game. These are the best two teams in the country and I want to see what happens when they're both on top of their game.

ROYC75
04-06-2008, 12:06 PM

Attacked the basket on each pocession and limit the turnovers, play great defense ......... the usual stuff that any good / great team needs to do to win any game.

Boon
04-06-2008, 12:32 PM
I'm a nervous mofo already.
Hoping the Hawks play well.
Wanna hang another banner in the Phog!

ROCK CHALK BITCHES!!!

BigMeatballDave
04-06-2008, 12:42 PM
Should we change the forum to "KU Masturbatory?"

ROYC75
04-06-2008, 03:38 PM
Should we change the forum to "KU Masturbatory?"

Oh Boo Hoo You .........It was done as a joke and the funny part is, it looks great and drives the haters bonkers .........ROFL

KevB
04-06-2008, 04:55 PM

It wasn't what Tennessee did, it was what Memphis did/didn't do. Memphis took in the neighborhood of 27 threes in that game. They can hit threes, but that's WAY too many attempts. They settled. They aren't shooting many threes at this point (12 or so a game), as they're absolutely attacking the basket now. Also, Rose was still deferring to a certain degree at that point. In fact, at the end of that game against the Vols, he started to take over, but it wasn't quite enough. Since then, he's really begun to assert himself, culminating in his recent amazing play.

I'm having trouble believing that KU will be able to stop Memphis. Westbrook is a great defender, and both Rose and CDR gave him fits. Collison, who's a quick and tough defender, was dominated. Should be interesting to watch.

KevB
04-06-2008, 04:57 PM
By the way, just to make everyone jealous, I'll be 8 rows up center court. Saturday I was in a corner, sitting 6 rows away from the UCLA and Memphis cheerleaders during the KU game. It's been a good weekend.

Mr. Plow
04-06-2008, 05:32 PM
I am so pumped. Orange Bowl & National Championship in the same year?!? I might just faint.

Nzoner
04-06-2008, 05:36 PM
I'm having trouble believing that KU will be able to stop Memphis. Westbrook is a great defender, and both Rose and CDR gave him fits. Collison, who's a quick and tough defender, was dominated. Should be interesting to watch.

You and alot of others,thespread.com right now shows 68% of the betting money is on Memphis

ROYC75
04-06-2008, 05:42 PM
Does Derrick Rose have a flu bug ?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/ncaatourney08/news/story?id=3332589

Skip Towne
04-06-2008, 05:47 PM
Does Derrick Rose have a flu bug ?

I read where Memphis moved their practice out of the Alamodome too.

Bearcat
04-06-2008, 06:06 PM

Classic statement. LMAO

But, it's true... UNC was a mess on offense most of the first half because they weren't ready to play against Kansas' defense, and they were a mess on defense.

From what I've seen, Memphis isn't nearly as one-dimensional.

Bearcat
04-06-2008, 06:08 PM
I'm a nervous mofo already.
Hoping the Hawks play well.
Wanna hang another banner in the Phog!

ROCK CHALK BITCHES!!!

I was just telling someone that luckily there's not the same amount of times between games, so I don't have time to get nervous. I'm about to watch UNC/KU again. :D

Ceej
04-06-2008, 06:13 PM
It wasn't what Tennessee did, it was what Memphis did/didn't do. Memphis took in the neighborhood of 27 threes in that game. They can hit threes, but that's WAY too many attempts. They settled. They aren't shooting many threes at this point (12 or so a game), as they're absolutely attacking the basket now. Also, Rose was still deferring to a certain degree at that point. In fact, at the end of that game against the Vols, he started to take over, but it wasn't quite enough. Since then, he's really begun to assert himself, culminating in his recent amazing play.

I disagree with the first sentence of your second paragraph.

Ceej
04-06-2008, 06:19 PM
For the record, this NEVER got old last night. I can't stand that fat POS Kevin Love. I like his reaction.."damn, I just got nuts in my face, should I fall down or not?" AHAHA..

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/A3keELF6_Ns&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/A3keELF6_Ns&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

BWillie
04-06-2008, 06:28 PM

You are having a tough time believing that KU will be able to stop Memphis? Why is that? I'm having a hard time believing Memphis will be able to slow down Kansas. Not only does Kansas score more points per game than Memphis, they are third in the nation in field goal % defense, while allowing less points a game than Memphis too. O ya, by the way we held the top scoring offense to 66 points.

All this talk about KANSAS needing to slow down and stop Memphis is silly. Both teams play a fast paced style of basketball.

HolyHandgernade
04-06-2008, 06:50 PM
Sweet 16 vs Villanova:

Scottie Reynolds: 4 of 13 for 11pnts

Great 8 vs Davidson

Stephen Curry: 9 of 25 for 25 pnts

Final 4 vs North Carolina:

Tyler Hansgrough: 6 of 13 for 17 pnts
Ty Lawson: 2 of 8 for 9 pnts

Championship vs Memphis:

Derrick Rose: ?
Chris Douglas-Roberts: ?

What I really like about the Jayhawks in this run is the way they have really shook up the stars of the other teams, be it bad shooting nights or just overall uncomfortable-ness. Self has done an excellent job of sniffing out what the other team's tendancies are and how the Hawks tweak their defensive approach to counter it.

I don't think the teams Memphis has played this year, "show" at the permiter the way KU does, especially using their bigs. If that bothers the Memphis guards enough, I think our offensive post play puts the game in our favor. If Memphis is able to find the paint past the perimeter, then advantage Memphis.

Also, to state the obvious, Rush is the key. Not only because he'll draw CDR most of the time (and I think we actually might miss Stewart's size and defensive abilities to spell Rush here), but because I can't remember a game where when he had a good offensive output that we ever lost the game (15 or more points). If he mkes CDR work on defense the way the bigs made Hansbrough work last night, good things for KU!

Rock Chalk!

-HH

Reerun_KC
04-06-2008, 07:27 PM
Just cant wait....

So nervous, I cant even trash talk....

Chiefs_Mike_Topeka
04-06-2008, 07:42 PM
Very looking foward to this game; all during football season it was a way to connect to my son, visiting his grave and reliving the game with him, when KU won the Orange Bowl it was the first time I felt true joy since my son died that did not center on my wife and daughter.

Watching basketball this season has also helped to ease my constant suffering. My son's first day home from the hospital after his birth was spent in my arms introducing him to KU basketball watching KU v. S. Carolina. For KU to win the championship tomorrow would surpass even the Orange Bowl victory. Can't help but think my little man is looking down doing what he can to help KU keep the train rolling.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk.

ROYC75
04-06-2008, 07:48 PM
Very looking foward to this game; all during football season it was a way to connect to my son, visiting his grave and reliving the game with him, when KU won the Orange Bowl it was the first time I felt true joy since my son died that did not center on my wife and daughter.

Watching basketball this season has also helped to ease my constant suffering. My son's first day home from the hospital after his birth was spent in my arms introducing him to KU basketball watching KU v. S. Carolina. For KU to win the championship tomorrow would surpass even the Orange Bowl victory. Can't help but think my little man is looking down doing what he can to help KU keep the train rolling.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk.

May God Bless you Mike, Go KU , win one for Lil Zach.

Chiefs Pantalones
04-06-2008, 09:18 PM
I can't wait!!! I'll be in Lawrence for the game!!!

ChiefsFanatic
04-06-2008, 09:20 PM

Rock Chalk Jayhawk.

I am not sure what to say, but I want to say something. Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

Halfcan
04-06-2008, 09:39 PM

Rock Chalk Jayhawk.

That is my biggest fears-losing one of my kids. By the pic in your avatar-he looked like a great kid. Best wishes to your family. I am not a KU fan-but I will be rooting for them now. Best of Luck!! Go KU!!!

KevB
04-06-2008, 10:14 PM
You are having a tough time believing that KU will be able to stop Memphis? Why is that?

Because I saw both teams in person for the first time on Saturday among other reasons. I'm not saying KU can't defend them....this isn't "smack". Rose and CDR are just really, really impressive watching them live. Like I said, it should be really fun to watch.

Sure-Oz
04-06-2008, 10:19 PM
I am excited about the game and possible reactions if KU loses....it will be fun tomorrow night...

No way Memphis beats KU if they come out like they did last night

Sure-Oz
04-06-2008, 10:21 PM

Rock Chalk Jayhawk.
Damn...i actually wouldn't mind KU winning, it might be the only time i ever can say that...

Halfcan
04-06-2008, 10:23 PM
Damn...i actually wouldn't mind KU winning, it might be the only time i ever can say that...

yep-pulls at your heart strings.

Silock
04-06-2008, 10:24 PM
I don't know who's going to win, but I'm sick of all this ESPN coverage of Memphis. So far into Sportscenter, they've done 3 pieces on Memphis and Memphis players, but NOTHING on KU.

BWillie
04-07-2008, 12:26 AM
Apparently Derrick Rose's tummy is hurting him. Looks like he will play though.

CDR says he was eating too many gummy bears and honey buns LMAOLMAO

Maybe he is related to Priest Holmes, yeah?

ArrowheadHawk
04-07-2008, 12:28 AM
Its game day. I don't want to go to bed. I'm too anxious for this game. I want KU to win so bad I can feel it in my bones.

Bob Dole
04-07-2008, 05:58 AM
Evidently the world is coming to an end. News just reported a 3.7 earthquake near San Antonio.

ArrowheadHawk
04-07-2008, 07:28 AM
Lets get pumped up.
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kesOk3hEHJQ&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kesOk3hEHJQ&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Mr. Plow
04-07-2008, 07:48 AM
F'N SWEET VIDEO!

ChiefsFan4Life
04-07-2008, 07:51 AM
Damn, that was a great vid

I'd love to have that in high quality

WilliamTheIrish
04-07-2008, 10:41 AM
Good luck to your squad tonight, lads.

I don't see it as a close game. While Memphis has athletes and can defend as well as any team, they don't shoot the rock all that well. Also, Dorsey will be leaned on by three big men all night. Him staying out of foul trouble is imperative.

Lastly, Memphis shot lights out from the line in the semis. Very out of character for them.

KU wins by 15. (Sorry UPeanut)

Skip Towne
04-07-2008, 11:03 AM

I don't see it as a close game. While Memphis has athletes and can defend as well as any team, they don't shoot the rock all that well. Also, Dorsey will be leaned on by three big men all night. Him staying out of foul trouble is imperative.

Lastly, Memphis shot lights out from the line in the semis. Very out of character for them.

Make that leaned on by 4 big men.

HC_Chief
04-07-2008, 11:45 AM

God I hope you're prophetic. :D

I am nervous... strike that, scared. Memphis is a damn good basketball team. Their guard play is sick, they have big men that can bang in the post, and they have excellent coaching.

They are 38-1 for a reason: they're damned good.

Sure-Oz
04-07-2008, 11:46 AM
Go Tigers....;)

Baby Lee
04-07-2008, 11:59 AM
I am very respectful of what Memphis brings, but I can't help wondering if KU wins, what the script will be.
Before the Davidson game, this team is on a roll, longest winning streak of active teams, phenom at the helm and sidekick who does all the right things, KU has their hands full.
After the Davidson game . . . [crickets] . . . well it was just little ol' Davidson.
Before the UNC game, Psycho T is God, best starters, best depth, best team in the land, KU has no chance.
After the UNC game . . . [crickets] . . . OK, UNC actually sucked and just managed to fool us by appearing not to suck all year.

DJay23
04-07-2008, 12:43 PM
Another thing I think we have going in our favor is the fact that Memphis' offense relies so much on passing the ball around through motion. They don't set a ton of screens (from what I've gathered), they'd rather get you lost from running in circles. UCLA, it was pointed out, has trouble with lateral speed on D, more of a straight line quickness. Kansas' guards are good at anticipating passes and shooting those gaps. On the other hand, too much anticipation sets up the back door beautifully.

The only person who needs to have a good game with on the ball D IMO is Rush. If Rush can stay in front of CDR and limit him to jumpers, and not allow him to the rack, that could be good for us. I say pick a guy and shut him down. Rose is a freak of nature. Do your best on him with Russell, Mario, and Sherron but concede that he'll get to the lane or shoot over his man. It is encouraging that when either gets to the lane we have a herd of shot blockers waiting.

I think we could get a lot of steals out of them if we are on top of our game. I'm not overconfident though. Those are tall orders. Memphis obviously hasn't played anyone who could do any of the above, because they keep winning. I guess we have to hope their shots are off and they come out expecting to win like UNC. A little of that will help.

I'm excited for the game, but not at all nervous. Not like I was in '03.

Lzen
04-07-2008, 01:20 PM
Lets get pumped up.
<object height="355" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kesOk3hEHJQ&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="355" width="425"></object>

Great video but that song is awful.

Monty
04-07-2008, 01:41 PM

I guess that song is for all those KU fans who are still angry. ;)

ArrowheadHawk
04-07-2008, 01:51 PM
I guess that song is for all those KU fans who are still angry. ;)
Who can be angry? We are going to play in the National Championship Game tonight with a very real possibility of winning it.

irishjayhawk
04-07-2008, 02:00 PM

The song doesn't work because it doesn't match the tempo of the highlights. The lyrics are very fitting. Media darling that shouldn't be so hyped up is still awake. Go back to sleep. And then there's the Roy feelings that are stereotypical apparently.

However, the beat just sucks for that highlight video.

Lzen
04-07-2008, 03:12 PM
The song doesn't work because it doesn't match the tempo of the highlights. The lyrics are very fitting. Media darling that shouldn't be so hyped up is still awake. Go back to sleep. And then there's the Roy feelings that are stereotypical apparently.

However, the beat just sucks for that highlight video.

I meant the fact that he (Eminem?) is talking about killing someone. That song is terrible.

teedubya
04-07-2008, 04:17 PM
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i5/dface919/YourNuts.jpg

teedubya
04-07-2008, 04:22 PM
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc76/chiefhayseed/6909ce159381330388f1ef52371ce137-ge.jpg

Great seats, eh?!

ROYC75
04-07-2008, 04:27 PM

WOW, Hope you are right ...... I don't have that feeling, I see a war, a fast paced war , who can strike fast and often. But props to ya anyway.:clap:

ArrowheadHawk
04-07-2008, 04:30 PM
Less than 3 hours to tip.

The Franchise
04-07-2008, 04:31 PM
Go UNC!!!!!

teedubya
04-07-2008, 04:33 PM
I hate that the last two NC games we have been to, there has been a cloud over our program pertaining to our coach potentially leaving.

FAWK!

ROYC75
04-07-2008, 04:33 PM
Evidently the world is coming to an end. News just reported a 3.7 earthquake near San Antonio.

Must of been all the MU Tigger fans wanting a KU loss against UNC but somehow now they just found out that KU won the game. They are now hoping again with another ( Memphis ) Tigger team . Here's to the Tigger's string, once a Tigger, always a Tigger.KU over the Tiggers. :KU:

ArrowheadHawk
04-07-2008, 04:36 PM
I hate that the last two NC games we have been to, there has been a cloud over our program pertaining to our coach potentially leaving.

FAWK!If he can get the W tonight I don't care if he leaves. I want him to stay but a W tonight would make me very very happy.

irishjayhawk
04-07-2008, 05:07 PM

No reverse mojo works here. :p

Coach
04-07-2008, 05:49 PM
Jeez, the game hasn't even started, and already some students are shitfaced from the alcohol.

ArrowheadHawk
04-07-2008, 05:49 PM
If you can't get enough of this match up, college gameday is on ESPN.

Coach
04-07-2008, 06:03 PM
Somebody make sure that Bonnie Bernstein isn't there, or if she pushes the issue, that Self will say "I don't give a shit about Oklahoma State right now."

bogey
04-07-2008, 06:17 PM
Shouldn't game have already started?

ArrowheadHawk
04-07-2008, 06:19 PM
Shouldn't game have already started?No, the tip is around 8:20 Central Time.

Coach
04-07-2008, 06:24 PM
Shouldn't game have already started?

In an hour, it will tip off.

KCChiefsMan
04-07-2008, 06:28 PM
well I decided not to go to Lawrence. My KU friend down here in OKC won't watch the game because he'll feel to guilty if he skips bible study. I'm like WTF??? That's the main reason why I'll never attend another church again, you skip once and everybody is talking about you and you think you're gonna go to hell and all that. So I don't really want to find a bar that might have KU people in it and I can't find any info on a watch party through the KU alumni association. So I'm watching the big game by myself...jeez.

Reerun_KC
Good lord, this is all Memphis on ESPN, What about KU, arent they playing tonight?

Reerun_KC
well I decided not to go to Lawrence. My KU friend down here in OKC won't watch the game because he'll feel to guilty if he skips bible study. I'm like WTF??? That's the main reason why I'll never attend another church again, you skip once and everybody is talking about you and you think you're gonna go to hell and all that. So I don't really want to find a bar that might have KU people in it and I can't find any info on a watch party through the KU alumni association. So I'm watching the big game by myself...jeez.
Come to edmond and watch the game with me.

DJJasonp
04-07-2008, 06:30 PM
Good lord, this is all Memphis on ESPN, What about KU, arent they playing tonight?

This is good karma for us.

Remember....ESPN...east coast sports network. it's a proximity thing.

ArrowheadHawk
04-07-2008, 06:32 PM
This is a Memphis love fest.

Reerun_KC
04-07-2008, 06:35 PM
This is good karma for us.

Remember....ESPN...east coast sports network. it's a proximity thing.
True True!

Reerun_KC
04-07-2008, 06:36 PM
You think?

hopefully this will be ESPN Karma, kind of like the UNC karma!

Skip Towne

Yep. I turned it off.

Reerun_KC
Yep. I turned it off.
Still all Memphis and the no respect or exposure card.

KcMizzou
04-07-2008, 06:41 PM
Heh, Bobby Knight says he never cut down the nets because he was afraid he'd fall off the ladder.

Ultra Peanut
04-07-2008, 06:48 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xT-XrUQ4sk8&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xT-XrUQ4sk8&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

StcChief
04-07-2008, 06:48 PM
East Coast bias...
they can't wait to see Memphis....go see Elvis, get some dry rub BBQ

what do they know about the midwest?? it's fly over

BigRock
04-07-2008, 06:50 PM
DOOMED

Coach
04-07-2008, 06:57 PM
Out of 5 f*cksticks, only one for KU.

04-07-2008, 07:00 PM
Out of 5 f*cksticks, only one for KU.
Good, I don't want them on our side.

Coach
Not being rude here, just a honest question. Will there be any suicide watches in Lawrence, just in case?

Reerun_KC
WTF does dookie mean about the city of memphis needs a win?

Reerun_KC
04-07-2008, 07:01 PM
Not being rude here, just a honest question. Will there be any sucidie watches in Lawrence, just in case?
Nah, were not MU or KSU, KU will be back win or lose....

DaKCMan AP
04-07-2008, 07:09 PM
I hope Derrick Rose's next game after this is in a Miami Heat uniform.

Otherwise, Go KU!!

markk
04-07-2008, 07:11 PM
East Coast bias...
they can't wait to see Memphis....go see Elvis, get some dry rub BBQ

what do they know about the midwest?? it's fly over

when did memphis move to the east coast?

kstater
04-07-2008, 07:13 PM
Self's as good as gone. "thanks for the ride" "thanks for the memories"

KcMizzou
Gotta like Self's approach to this game. Keeping his kids loose...

Coach
when did memphis move to the east coast?

They're closer to the east coast than Lawrence is. So theorically, that makes them their east coast team.

Reerun_KC
04-07-2008, 07:15 PM
Oh boy, I dont think my nerves can take this...

Time for Self to make KU history tonight.

alanm
04-07-2008, 07:17 PM
I've been listening to the radio and shit all day and I don't think I've heard one so called expert pick Kansas to win.
So I guess you guys better turn off the TV and call it a night. ;)

Reerun_KC
04-07-2008, 07:17 PM
My heart is about to jump out of my chest....

teedubya
04-07-2008, 07:18 PM
KU vs MU.

**** the MUrons, even if they are from Memphis.

DaKCMan AP
04-07-2008, 07:18 PM
I've been listening to the radio and shit all day and I don't think I've heard one so called expert pick Kansas to win.
So I guess you guys better turn off the TV and call it a night. ;)

JA Adande picked KU on ESPN tonight.

alanm
04-07-2008, 07:20 PM
JA Adande picked KU on ESPN tonight.
Oh so it's 1 VS 100 :D

Reerun_KC
04-07-2008, 07:21 PM
Bilas picked KU

DaKCMan AP
04-07-2008, 07:22 PM
Oh so it's 1 VS 100 :D

You can play the "we get no respect" bullshit card all you want, but from what I've seen it's been pretty even.

Here's an expert pick: this will hopefully be the 3rd straight year I've picked the correct winner in my bracket.**

**Disclaimer: I pick Florida or KU every year :D

Coach
04-07-2008, 07:22 PM
Billy F**king Packer. :shake:

04-07-2008, 07:23 PM
Start the game already.

alanm
04-07-2008, 07:24 PM
You can play the "we get no respect" bullshit card all you want, but from what I've seen it's been pretty even.

Here's an expert pick: this will hopefully be the 3rd straight year I've picked the correct winner in my bracket.**

**Disclaimer: I pick Florida or KU every year :D
The only reason I'm pulling for Kansas is because their Big 12.
Plus the fact that their my neighbor. :)

kstater
****ing refs always screw KU.

Coach
Oh shit... Hightower is the official tonight....

04-07-2008, 07:25 PM
Nice elbow.

Coach
04-07-2008, 07:25 PM
Nearly a flagrant....

Coach
04-07-2008, 07:26 PM
Turnovers.....

WAKE UP DAMNIT!!!!

Ultra Peanut
BUCKETS!

markk
kansas looks too tight

DaKCMan AP
04-07-2008, 07:28 PM
too many TO's

Coach
04-07-2008, 07:28 PM
I think Kaun and Jackson needs to be down low. Arthur can't handle Dorsey down low....

DaKCMan AP
04-07-2008, 07:29 PM
Rose is ****ing SICK!

Coach
04-07-2008, 07:29 PM
And Hightower makes another shitty call....

Coach
04-07-2008, 07:30 PM
"Arther is a more gifted offensive player than people give him credit for."

Yeah, he's also special, if you get my drift....

DaKCMan AP
04-07-2008, 07:32 PM
Ok, first 4:30 is over, timeout on the court, KU now needs to settle down and play their game.

DJJasonp
04-07-2008, 07:32 PM
HIghtower......we're dooooooooomed!!!

teedubya
04-07-2008, 07:33 PM
Memphis is tough. Man... this is going to be brutal.

DaKCMan AP
04-07-2008, 07:35 PM
Sasha Kaun sucks /CoMoRetard

Coach
04-07-2008, 07:35 PM
Tied up now.

DaKCMan AP
04-07-2008, 07:36 PM
6-0 run by KU

Coach
04-07-2008, 07:37 PM
Arthur showing off his brickful J.

Somebody needs to remind him that there was nobody guarding him near the basket where he needs to drive the f*cker to the rim.

Coach
04-07-2008, 07:38 PM
Nice penetration....

Coach
04-07-2008, 07:40 PM
Heh, Hightower is up to his tricks....

DaKCMan AP
Nice penetration....

that's what she said

DaKCMan AP
KU just collecting fouls on Memphis, who doesn't have nearly the depth of KU.

alnorth
04-07-2008, 07:41 PM
So, who kicked in for the bribe to Hightower? I threw in a $20, anyone else?

Ultra Peanut
04-07-2008, 07:41 PM
Oh hey, let's allow them to bulldoze through Taggart, but don't let Memphis play defense or anything.

Coach
04-07-2008, 07:42 PM
that's what my wife said

FYP.

And she always ask for more. :D

Travel? I didn't see any?

Basileus777
04-07-2008, 07:43 PM
The NCAA has the worst officiating for post play. It makes FIBA and the NBA games look they have good officiating.

Skip Towne
i want an 8 point lead to see how they play from behind.

DaKCMan AP
Oh hey, let's allow them to bulldoze through Taggart, but don't let Memphis play defense or anything.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/ae/SMirC-cry.svg/320px-SMirC-cry.svg.png

DaKCMan AP
04-07-2008, 07:45 PM
Travel? I didn't see any?

He did the two-foot shuffle.

Coach
04-07-2008, 07:45 PM
So, who kicked in for the bribe to Hightower? I threw in a $20, anyone else?

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n278/KUkornball/angelrefs.jpg?t=1201025555

Duck Dog
04-07-2008, 07:46 PM
Wow, fast fast pace. I'm out of breath watching.

DaKCMan AP
Beautiful move by Rush.

Coach
He did the two-foot shuffle.

Fair enough then. Thank you for informing me. I just didn't see the shuffle, since I thought it was Hansbrough.

DaKCMan AP
04-07-2008, 07:47 PM
Fair enough then. Thank you for informing me. I just didn't see the shuffle, since I thought it was Hansbrough.

Hansbrough can't dance.

Coach
04-07-2008, 07:47 PM
12-4 Run.

Make it 15-4 run.

DaKCMan AP
04-07-2008, 07:48 PM
Nice kickout and Chalmers with the trey!

DaKCMan AP
04-07-2008, 07:49 PM
Wow, impressive steal and running of the floor by the big fella.

kstater
Aldrige just got punked.

Coach
Jesus, nice move to avoid the charge...

DaKCMan AP
04-07-2008, 07:50 PM
Dumb foul by Russell.

DaKCMan AP
#4 is one big fatass.

Coach
Bob Knight is right. The officating has been terrible. He mentioned that on ESPN that the officating has been deteorating in the college level, that it's embarrasing.

Coach
04-07-2008, 07:51 PM
You can put that on the board.

Coach
Jesus, Mario is Super Mario today....

DaKCMan AP
Jeezus, this game is lightning fast!

Coach
All of a sudden, it's a fireworks show....

Ultra Peanut
04-07-2008, 07:52 PM
Easily the worst our D has played since at least the Mississippi State game, but hey, it's not a shock against a team that's our mirror image.

Coach
04-07-2008, 07:53 PM
Easily the worst our D has played since at least the Mississippi State game, but hey, it's not a shock against a team that's our mirror image.

Not to mention that the NCAA has picked the worst officating crew known to mankind.

teedubya
04-07-2008, 07:54 PM
Memphis playing a bit thuggish... Dorsey should have been called for a foul after that dunk and bumping Aldrich twice. That was uncalled for.

Basileus777
04-07-2008, 07:54 PM
Not to mention that the NCAA has picked the worst officating crew known to mankind.

The officiating in this game hasn't been any worse than it has been all tournament. NCAA officiating is just awful all around.

Coach
04-07-2008, 07:55 PM
Oh boy..... Huckleberry donning a KU shirt....

KcMizzou
Jeezus, this game is lightning fast!It's damned entertaining, that's for sure.

DaKCMan AP
Memphis playing a bit thuggish... Dorsey should have been called for a foul after that dunk and bumping Aldrich twice. That was uncalled for.

Didn't look intentional, IMO. Sure, he talked some ish afterwards, but I don't think the bump itself was on purpose.

teedubya
Weird Roy with the Jayhawk sticker.... heh heh.

Lzen
What the Hell? Memphis likes to thug ball? That's twice that I saw thug moves.

Coach
The officiating in this game hasn't been any worse than it has been all tournament. NCAA officiating is just awful all around.

No doubt. It's embarrasing.

DaKCMan AP
Back to a 1pt game.

KcMizzou
04-07-2008, 07:56 PM
"They said it was impossible for four #1 seeds to make the Final Four..."

Really? Who is "they"? Because they're stupid.

Coach
You know, it's not a bad idea to stay on Roberts, regardless of where the ball is.....

DaKCMan AP
I'm almost 99% sure I'd rather the Heat draft Derrick Rose than Michael Beasley.

DaKCMan AP
04-07-2008, 07:57 PM
Kaun sucks! /CoMoDumbass

Coach
Roberts again....

Oh, and Memphis is getting dominated at the paint...

Lzen
Didn't look intentional, IMO. Sure, he talked some ish afterwards, but I don't think the bump itself was on purpose.
That was on purpose. There is no doubt in my mind. Look at when Darrell Arthur had a dunk. He went to the side when going back in. The other thug move was when that dude undercut Rush on that fast break that would have been a sure dunk.

Coach
04-07-2008, 07:58 PM
And I see Collins is still fumbling the ball away, as usual...

DaKCMan AP
04-07-2008, 07:59 PM
That was on purpose. There is no doubt in my mind. Look at when Darrell Arthur had a dunk. He went to the side when going back in. The other thug move was when that dude undercut Rush on that fast break that would have been a sure dunk.

We'll agree to disagree on the Dorsey dunk.

kstater
04-07-2008, 07:59 PM
Off to bed. Win/Lose, 'grats on the good season KU fans.

Lzen
04-07-2008, 08:00 PM
And I see Collins is still fumbling the ball away, as usual...

Collins has been good and bad. He is playing like a typical soph. Still making silly mistakes but showing amazing plays other times.

Ultra Peanut
04-07-2008, 08:00 PM
The other thug move was when that dude undercut Rush on that fast break that would have been a sure dunk.Antonio looked like he was trying to duck out of the way and concede the points, actually. But hey, we're thugs.

DaKCMan AP
04-07-2008, 08:01 PM
Off to bed. Win/Lose, 'grats on the good season KU fans.

What kind of puzzy goes to sleep during the 1st half of the NC game?

Oh, a K-State puzzy-cat :p

Basileus777
04-07-2008, 08:01 PM
I'm almost 99% sure I'd rather the Heat draft Derrick Rose than Michael Beasley.

I don't think Rose complements Wade well, they're basically the same type of player. Wade is a ball dominant player and Rose isn't a shooter who can work off of Wade.

ROYC75
04-07-2008, 08:02 PM
Tough game so far....... I said it would be a war, but it's as fast as I expected it to be. This is the type of game Bill Self lives for ..........

KcMizzou
04-07-2008, 08:02 PM
We'll agree to disagree on the Dorsey dunk.I don't think it was intentional either. But since he was there, he added a little woofing to it. :D

ROYC75
04-07-2008, 08:03 PM
Cole looks lost out there tonight so far .........

Coach
What....

the....

f*ck?

Clearly a travel?

DaKCMan AP
I don't think Rose complements Wade well, they're basically the same type of player. Wade is a ball dominant player and Rose isn't a shooter who can work off of Wade.

I think they'd complement each other well. The Heat has needed a ball-handling PG since Timmy still had knees. Wade needs help and can't be a one-man show. I'm all for someone else bringing the rock up the floor and dishing it to DWade.

It'd definitely be the run-n-gun with Rose-Wade-Marion-Haslem.

Ultra Peanut
04-07-2008, 08:04 PM
UTTER ****ING BULLSHIT

JESUS CHRIST IT WOULD BE SPIFFY IF YOU ****FACES COULD CALL AN OVER THE BACK OR CHARGE AGAINST KANSAS

DaKCMan AP
04-07-2008, 08:04 PM
I don't think it was intentional either. But since he was there, he added a little woofing to it. :D

Pretty much.

DaKCMan AP
04-07-2008, 08:05 PM
Nice offensive board by Kaun.

He sucks. /CoMoInbred

Coach
04-07-2008, 08:06 PM
Oh my. Arthur just made a nice Wayne Simeon hook.

Ultra Peanut
Kaun just elbowed Dozier straight in the chest. What a thug.

keg in kc
Memphis is looking awfully tired.

Coach
04-07-2008, 08:07 PM

Heh. Well, if Dozier would at least "block" out somebody, he wouldn't get the elbow in the chest.

Memphis can't block out anybody so far, and it's showing.

DaKCMan AP
04-07-2008, 08:08 PM
Memphis is looking awfully tired.

If you take the starters and put them out there for 40mins, Memphis can run with anyone. When you take KU's depth, constantly sub in fresh guys, and run, run, run... Memphis isn't deep enough to keep up.

Lzen
04-07-2008, 08:09 PM
Antonio looked like he was trying to duck out of the way and concede the points, actually. But hey, we're thugs.

Hell, my son's middle school team did that, they got into trouble. You don't undercut somebody like that. And don't tell me that Dorsey wasn't trying to intimidate. Memphis is a great team. But they talk like they're the best thing since sliced bread. They are very, very cocky. I just don't care for that BS. They don't need to do that crap.

alnorth
04-07-2008, 08:09 PM
Memphis seems to have a slight edge on Offense, but Kansas is showing a significantly better D and is beating them on the boards thus far, accounting for the lead.

DaKCMan AP
04-07-2008, 08:11 PM
Great D by KU.

Very entertaining 1st half.

Coach
04-07-2008, 08:11 PM
Nice defense at the end.

Skip Towne
04-07-2008, 08:12 PM
DEE-FENSE, DEE-FENSE

Lzen

Whatever. There is a difference between playing physical, of which I have no problem, and intentionally trying to intimidate.

keg in kc
If you take the starters and put them out there for 40mins, Memphis can run with anyone. When you take KU's depth, constantly sub in fresh guys, and run, run, run... Memphis isn't deep enough to keep up.Oh, I think Memphis can win, but it looks like it might take some serious guts in the second half, as tired as they appear to be now. I think they need a run to start the half, build a substantial lead and play the game out on momentum.

Ultra Peanut
All of the bitching and moaning you did about the refs is hilarious, Coach. They SPOTTED you guys that lead with just two plays (over the back and "shooting" "foul" three point play), even disregarding the cheap foul calls against Dozier and Dorsey.

It's time for Rose, Taggart, and Dozier show up. I fully expect them to.

teedubya
Up by 5 at the half for those of you who can't get the game. heh... Like its on ESPNU.

Basileus777
04-07-2008, 08:13 PM
I don't think Rose has ever heard of help defense.

J Diddy
04-07-2008, 08:16 PM
Up by 5 at the half for those of you who can't get the game. heh... Like its on ESPNU.

hell I'm watching it via free stream right here

http://www.ncaasports.com/mmod/player/

HC_Chief
Great first half. If not for sloppy ball handling KU is up 12.

Need more of the same w/ better ball handling this half. :D

RCJGKU :KU:

Lzen
I don't think Rose has ever heard of help defense.

I think he was doing a much better job of passing out of it the last few minutes. What makes Kansas' defense so great is that they anticipate that pass out, too. That last steal by Chalmers is a great example. However, they did fail a couple of times to give Memphis a couple of quick 3s. Uggghhhh. All bitching aside, it has been a very good game despite he shaky start by KU.

Coach
All of the bitching and moaning you did about the refs is hilarious, Coach. They SPOTTED you guys that lead with just two plays (over the back and "shooting" "foul" three point play), even disregarding the cheap foul calls against Dozier and Dorsey.

It's time for Rose, Taggart, and Dozier show up.

And they spotted you 4 points from the obvious missed traveling calls. Big deal.

Even that, this officating crew sucks, one way or another.

You know, if you can tell your big guys to "fundamentally" block out somebody, the score would be 32-32 all.

Of course, your freshman stud, for whatever reason, thought eating starburst and gummie bears in the morning seemed a great idea.

Brilliant. :rolleyes: Now he's puking and shitting liquid.

Fairplay
04-07-2008, 08:17 PM
KU has got to have the confidence factor coming out in the second half.

I think we have this one.

ROYC75
04-07-2008, 08:17 PM
Good 1st half Jayhawks ....... KU taking it to the paint , making Memphis defend inside.

Shutting down Rose is hugh so far, wonder how much of it is the flu ? CDR is a beast, you can't defend his 1 step dribble, faid away shot, have to find a way to collaspe on him when has the ball.

Fatigue is setting up in the Memphis big boys as well..........

Going to be a bruising 2nd half, just like a heavyweight bout.

Go KU :KU:

teedubya
04-07-2008, 08:18 PM
From todays KANSAN:

Darnell Jackson doesn’t expect that attitude to change tonight even though they’re going to face their toughest challenge of the season. To keep that mind-set, the team has been huddling up before the last few games and spreading the same message.
“We just say ‘let your nuts hang,’” Jackson said. “Just let them hang. Just have fun because this is it for most of the guys, and we’re just having fun with it.”
Never will the Jayhawks need to relax more than tonight. They’ve been waiting for this game since the beginning of the season, since they arrived at Kansas. They can’t get too scared or too tight or allow Memphis to run past them.
They’ll remember this game forever and want to make it a good memory.
“This is probably the game I’m going to show my kids for the rest of my life,” Robinson said.

alanm
If you take the starters and put them out there for 40mins, Memphis can run with anyone. When you take KU's depth, constantly sub in fresh guys, and run, run, run... Memphis isn't deep enough to keep up.
And that's why Memphis is going to lose.

Skip Towne
I'm happy with the halftime score. We just cut out the turnovers and cruise.

DaKCMan AP
It doesn't matter if the officiating sucks as long as they suck for both sides.

teedubya
http://i26.tinypic.com/jkeuxz.jpg

ROYC75
04-07-2008, 08:19 PM

Have, HAVE IT ? You're nuts ......... this is nowhere close. :shake:

DaKCMan AP

Hopefully the 'Hawks don't share your over-confidence.

What the hell was that? CDR? he was a little over the top there.

Coach
It doesn't matter if the officiating sucks as long as they suck for both sides.

And that's true. But it's the big game, and most people expect it to be decently officated game.

Unfortunately, it's not up to par.

Boon
Memphus shooting under 40%.
This bodes well for the Hawks.

Fairplay
04-07-2008, 08:20 PM
Wow, you'd think by that half time talk that Memphis was ahead.

04-07-2008, 08:22 PM
Wow, you'd think by that half time talk that Memphis was ahead.
No shit.

Fairplay
Have, HAVE IT ? You're nuts ......... this is nowhere close. :shake:

I guess i have a good feeling about this one.

Thats all.

alnorth
And that's true. But it's the big game, and most people expect it to be decently officated game.

Unfortunately, it's not up to par.

Actually, you are overestimating what "par" is. As pathetic as the officiating has been in this tournament, I'd say the refs of this game have cleared that very low bar to be "above average".

04-07-2008, 08:23 PM
what a joke. Hansbrough.

Coach
04-07-2008, 08:24 PM
Huckleberry with the patch jayhawk on his shirt.

Mr. Laz
04-07-2008, 08:24 PM
imo KU outplayed Memphis in the 1st half

memphis kept it tight by shooting the 3

Fairplay
04-07-2008, 08:25 PM
Hansbrough "Thanks for the award, even though i just got p'unked by KU i thank the NCAA for this prestigious award."

Coach
04-07-2008, 08:25 PM
Actually, you are overestimating what "par" is. As pathetic as the officiating has been in this tournament, I'd say the refs of this game have cleared that very low bar to be "above average".

I disagree. This crew is considered by many fans, to be the worst crew. And there were obvious missed calls for both teams that they should had called, and others that they DID call, should have NOT called.

Either way, they want in the action, they're gonna control the game, one way or another, and that sucks.

Let the kids play.

BWillie
04-07-2008, 08:26 PM
Huckleberry with the patch jayhawk on his shirt.

classy move by coach williams. you have to respect that

Fairplay
04-07-2008, 08:26 PM
classy move by coach williams. you have to respect that

I agree, i thought that was very cool.

ArrowheadHawk
04-07-2008, 08:27 PM
20 minutes away from a National Title. Please let us finish the game the same as the first half. We need to keep going inside and foul out some of Memphis's big men.

KcMizzou
04-07-2008, 08:28 PM
classy move by coach williams. you have to respect thatRoy's always been classy.

alnorth
04-07-2008, 08:28 PM
20 minutes away from a National Title. Please let us finish the game the same as the first half. We need to keep going inside and foul out some of Memphis's big men.

If not foul out, I'll also settle for wearing them the f*** out with our rotation.

Fairplay
04-07-2008, 08:29 PM

Thats one of the reasons this game is going Kansas way.

They can't play as aggressive as they would like.

And Rose is off tonight.

ArrowheadHawk
04-07-2008, 08:29 PM
Roy's always been classy.Except when he promised to finish his career at KU.

KcMizzou
04-07-2008, 08:30 PM
Except when he promised to finish his career at KU.It's time to let that go already.

You beat him when it mattered most. Bury the bones. (hatchet, whatever)

Boon
04-07-2008, 08:31 PM
Let's pound em inside the second half.
Foul them fuggin thugs out.
Hang another banner in the Phog.

ROCK CHALK BITCHES!!!

Hammock Parties
04-07-2008, 08:31 PM
is it just me, or is anybody else noticing how much everybody is sucking memphis' cock? Every announcer, and that damn kermit the frog bryant gumble. Memphis this, Memphis that... It's getting really ****ing annoying