PDA

View Full Version : So TBS shows MLB games other than Braves now??

Deberg_1990
04-06-2008, 11:20 AM
Boston and Toronto on now.

Thats interesting...

Delano
04-06-2008, 11:24 AM
Doesn't TBS get playoff games as well?

Deberg_1990
04-06-2008, 11:26 AM
Doesn't TBS get playoff games as well?

Yea, i remember that from last year. I didnt realize they got regular season games as well. I wonder if any Royals games will be broadcast?

kcxiv
04-06-2008, 11:54 AM
Sat on fox, and now Sundays on TBS. I like it. Though Warriors/Honets is a better game to watch right now.

CoMoChief
04-06-2008, 12:06 PM
I didn't know they broadcast AL games. I know they do NL playoff games.

dj56dt58
04-06-2008, 12:15 PM
I didn't know that either...and I know everything

doomy3
04-06-2008, 12:16 PM
I didn't know that either...and I know everything

Mecca? Is that you?

dj56dt58
04-06-2008, 12:19 PM
Mecca? Is that you?

no..no..i'm usually right :)

dj56dt58
04-06-2008, 12:19 PM
I'd be pissed If I was a Braves fan though and not able to get the game...

Deberg_1990
04-06-2008, 12:24 PM
I'd be pissed If I was a Braves fan though and not able to get the game...

Yea, no doubt. They probably show them on "Turner South"

Frazod
04-06-2008, 12:36 PM
Atlanta's days of automatic national audience are over.

Last year was the final year of TBS's contract with the Braves. Also, Turner South is gone. Braves games are now shown on Fox Sports South and a new channel called Peachtree TV. I know all this shit because my wife is a huge Braves fan.

We have the MLB Extra Innings package through DirecTV, so with the exception of Saturdays when the pricks at Fox block every game except the one being shown on their local channel, we still get everything. But the way we do it is now the only way.

DTV's monopoly on national baseball coverage is all but complete. Just like football. Shouldn't be allowed, but it is.

kcxiv
04-06-2008, 12:39 PM
I ordered the first month of the season online using the MLBTV. The quality is pretty damned good for it being streamed.

And yes, DTV dominates the sports world.

Deberg_1990
04-06-2008, 12:44 PM
Atlanta's days of automatic national audience are over.

Last year was the final year of TBS's contract with the Braves. Also, Turner South is gone. Braves games are now shown on Fox Sports South and a new channel called Peachtree TV. I know all this shit because my wife is a huge Braves fan.

We have the MLB Extra Innings package through DirecTV, so with the exception of Saturdays when the pricks at Fox block every game except the one being shown on their local channel, we still get everything. But the way we do it is now the only way.

DTV's monopoly on national baseball coverage is all but complete. Just like football. Shouldn't be allowed, but it is.

Wow...thats interesting. SO what about the WGN and their deals with the Cubs and Chisox??

Also, what if you have cable or dish and you order the sports packages like FOX Sports (whatever region)?? Would you still get most of the MLB games? Or do they black them out now??

Frazod
04-06-2008, 12:50 PM
Wow...thats interesting. SO what about the WGN and their deals with the Cubs and Chisox??

Also, what if you have cable or dish and you order the sports packages like FOX Sports (whatever region)?? Would you still get most of the MLB games? Or do they black them out now??

Honestly, I don't know how many Cubs games WGN still airs, since I only watch them if they're playing the Cardinals. However, there is a local Fox sports channel that airs games for both Chicago teams, so they've clearly eaten into WGN's exclusive rights. It is pretty clear that's the way of the future.

Don't have cable or Dish, so I don't know what they offer.

kcchiefsus
04-06-2008, 12:53 PM
I think it was kind of bullcrap that a single team had a contract with a network to show just their games. I got tired of watching TBS and seeing commercials for the Braves.

dj56dt58
04-06-2008, 01:37 PM

WGN has half of the Cubs games and Comcast has the other half..I'm guessin the Sox are the same..I just get mlb.tv for the games that are on comcast..very good quality this year

whoman69
04-06-2008, 03:18 PM
Honestly, I don't know how many Cubs games WGN still airs, since I only watch them if they're playing the Cardinals. However, there is a local Fox sports channel that airs games for both Chicago teams, so they've clearly eaten into WGN's exclusive rights. It is pretty clear that's the way of the future.

Don't have cable or Dish, so I don't know what they offer.

'Wave of the future', loosely translated more $$$$ for the clubs.

whoman69
04-06-2008, 03:20 PM
Sunday games are the only games that the Cardinals allow on their network. 20 games, the rest have to be paid for. If they show a game on ESPN that is on Fox Sports Midwest then DirectTV will block it. What kind of crap is that? Didn't ESPN pay for the rights to show that game? Don't I pay DirectTV to show ESPN?