PDA

View Full Version : Got my new TV and High def today.

kstater
04-07-2008, 04:37 PM
Sony Bravia 40" 1080p. Hooked up the new cable box and the high def. First thing I saw in high def was Bobby Knight's eyebrows. :eek:
And the new Box comes with a DVR.

Delano
04-07-2008, 04:42 PM
Is that an LCD or Plasma or DLP or ...?

kstater
04-07-2008, 04:50 PM
LCD, thought the Sony Bravia part gave it away.

DaFace
04-07-2008, 04:52 PM
Congrats. You'll soon be wishing every channel was in HD.

Frazod
04-07-2008, 05:30 PM
Awesome, isn't it? Got my new big ass TV last week. I immediately discovered that my old DVD player now sucks, though. New blu ray player arrived today and will be hooked up shortly.

kstater
04-07-2008, 05:32 PM
Congrats. You'll soon be wishing every channel was in HD.
Already am.
Awesome, isn't it? Got my new big ass TV last week. I immediately discovered that my old DVD player now sucks, though. New blu ray player arrived today and will be hooked up shortly.

Yes, it is very awesome. Can't wait to see some sports tonight.(I really can't choose a team to root for)

KCChiefsMan
04-07-2008, 05:41 PM
well I'm moving to Boston into a furnished house. So basically all I'm taking is clothes, PC, XBOX 360 and my surround sound system. I am giving all of my other stuff away (to my mom) including my 51" Toshiba rear-projection HD. So the first thing I do when I get to Boston??? Best Buy....LCD TV. Right now I have my eyes on a Toshiba 42" LCD with 1080p, so I'm pretty sure that's what I'll be getting next month! yay! I may end up buying a PS3 at some point for the blu-ray (and video games you can't get on the 360).

Hammock Parties
04-07-2008, 06:19 PM

Does it have upconvert for DVDs? You'll have to tell me how it looks compared to a regular DVD player.

Frazod
04-07-2008, 06:40 PM
Does it have upconvert for DVDs? You'll have to tell me how it looks compared to a regular DVD player.

Yes. It makes the normal DVDs look great.

The first DVD I popped was (of course) Episode III. This rocks.

Later I'll go out and pick up an actual blu ray disc.

:rockon:

KcMizzou
04-07-2008, 06:43 PM
Yes, it is very awesome. Can't wait to see some sports tonight.(I really can't choose a team to root for)You'll be blown away. For some reason, HD sports always seem like a much more drastic improvement than movies.

Congrats!

kstater
04-07-2008, 06:46 PM

Yeah, I'll have to wait a while to get a Blu-Ray. Big ass TV's don't come cheap these days. :)

Frazod
04-07-2008, 07:13 PM
Yeah, I'll have to wait a while to get a Blu-Ray. Big ass TV's don't come cheap these days. :)

No, they don't. This is all coming out of my tax refund.

And if that check doesn't get here before the American Express bill comes due at the end of the month, I'm going to have some problems. :eek:

Frazod
04-07-2008, 09:26 PM

Picked up The Road Warrior on blu ray. This is a movie I've seen at least a dozen times over the years, including in the theater when it first came out. I'm noticing details that I never saw before. The difference is noticeable.

But not noticeable enough to replace all my existing DVDs.

Maybe a few, though. :)