PDA

View Full Version : How the NBA playoffs are shaping up...

Direckshun
04-08-2008, 11:34 AM
The East (who cares):

1 Celtics
8 Hawks
The Hawks never score more than 75 in any game during this sweep. Write it down.

4 Cavaliers
5 Wizards
The defending Eastern champ Cavaliers may not even get out of the first round if Arenas gets his groove back.

3 Magic
6 76ers
Am I crazy for thinking the 76ers are streaky enough to upset the Magic?

2 Pistons
3 Raptors

The West (really freaking subject to change):

1 Hornets
8 Nuggets
The Warriors would looooove to overtake the Nuggets, but the Nuggets are going to be an insanely difficult 8 seed to beat.

4 Jazz
5 Rockets
Nightmare matchup for the Rockets. They'll have home court advantage, but if they lose one game at home, they're done. The Jazz are unbeatable at home.

3 Lakers
6 Suns
Nightmare matchup for the Suns, who lost their only decent Kobe defender to the Heat. The Suns reeeeally want the Spurs here.

2 Spurs
7 Mavericks
Actually, considering how well the Mavs are playing now and how much the Spurs are struggling, the Mavs could pull this one off.

kcxiv
04-08-2008, 11:36 AM
The West Matchups are insane. I cant wait for the play offs to start. April 19th is the start of the play offs.

They are going to be pretty legendary with tons of awesome games.

BIG_DADDY
04-08-2008, 11:39 AM
GO LAKERS!!!! They get Bynum back and deep into the playoffs look the **** out.

**** the Celtics

Deberg_1990
04-08-2008, 11:43 AM
Spurs will formidable again in the playoffs...

But honestly, i dont think they make it to the finals this year.

Stinger
04-08-2008, 11:51 AM

I can still hope, but given the stregth of the West and this years season you are probably right... but two-three weeks ago everone was giving up on them and some had them not making the playoffs. Got the 2nd seed (as of now) so never count them out.

BIG_DADDY
04-08-2008, 11:52 AM

Who's going?

I want to see a Lakers/Celtics final.

Deberg_1990
04-08-2008, 11:54 AM
Who's going?

That would be my pick. IM sure the NBA would love that matchup as well! hahaha

But i wouldnt count out New Orleans and the Jazz.

Deberg_1990
04-08-2008, 11:56 AM
. Got the 2nd seed (as of now) so never count them out.

True..

If Duncan, Parker and Manu are playing at the tops of their games, they will be tough, tough to beat.

BIG_DADDY
04-08-2008, 11:59 AM
That would be my pick. IM sure the NBA would love that matchup as well! hahaha

But i wouldnt count out New Orleans and the Jazz.

Be interesting to see how effective Bynum can be and what they will look like with the twin towers. Sound familiar?

Deberg_1990
04-08-2008, 12:00 PM
Be interesting to see how effective Bynum can be and what they will look like with the twin towers. Sound familiar?

haha

Yea, true. They are going to be tough, no doubt.

Mr. Arrowhead
04-08-2008, 01:12 PM
Im so glad Dirk is back and playing like him old self. I think My mavs are starting to figure things out with J kidd, I honestly think any team in the West can win the championship. It gonna be fun to watch.

GO MAVS!!

RustShack
04-08-2008, 02:11 PM
Lets Go King James and the Cavs!

BIG_DADDY
04-08-2008, 04:37 PM
Lets Go King James and the Cavs!

He needs to leave Cleveland. That place is a shit hole.

KurtCobain
04-08-2008, 05:50 PM
The bulls will steal the 8th seed from atlanta, beat the Cs, and go on to thrash Kobe and the Lakers in the NBA Finals.

MIAdragon
04-08-2008, 05:52 PM
The west may be better over all this year but the champion will come from the East.

Rain Man
04-08-2008, 05:53 PM
Wow. Has the NBA season started already?

kstater
04-08-2008, 05:55 PM
Wow. Has the NBA season started already?

Starts April 19th.

Direckshun
04-08-2008, 06:30 PM
Be interesting to see how effective Bynum can be and what they will look like with the twin towers.
Garnett will terrorize the twin towers.

Too soon?

Psyko Tek
04-08-2008, 06:35 PM
Anybody in the west can come out on top

but they are gonna beat the holy hell out of each other

while the east is gonna be resting

GO SUNS

RustShack
04-08-2008, 06:55 PM
He needs to leave Cleveland. That place is a shit hole.

Cleveland is way better now than they were when he got there, they are heading in the right direction. He needs to stay!

BWillie
04-08-2008, 08:05 PM
Cleveland is way better now than they were when he got there, they are heading in the right direction. He needs to stay!

That trade they did was pretty worthless. Why you would want to pay Wallace for three more years of a max contract is beyond me. The guy is done, put a fork in him. A shell of his old self. He gives them somewhat of a inside presence on defense, but I'm not sure it was worth getting rid of Drew Gooden.

chiefqueen
04-08-2008, 08:25 PM
The west may be better over all this year but the champion will come from the East.

Agree completely. The West will be beating each other up for 2 months while the East winner (Bos. or Det. IMO) will only have 1 tough series.

UteChief
04-08-2008, 08:52 PM
Since no one else is saying it, GO JAZZ!!!

Deberg_1990
04-08-2008, 09:09 PM
Garnett will terrorize the twin towers.

Garnett never won sh*t when he was in the West all those years. WHy would it be any different now??

Mr. Arrowhead
04-08-2008, 09:13 PM
Well the mavs got closer to clinching a playoff berth as they did something the Nuggets couldnt do and that is beat the Sonics 99-83

Direckshun
04-08-2008, 09:30 PM
Garnett never won sh*t when he was in the West all those years. WHy would it be any different now??
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Better coaching.

Better supporting players.

Other All Stars to carry the load.

Deeper bench.

More rest by the time the Finals come around.

BWillie
04-08-2008, 10:05 PM
I think the Hornets will come out of the West, but in reality it's all anybody's guess. All the teams 1-7 are pretty evenly matched. The chances of any given team to make it to the finals cannot be over 6/1

Ultra Peanut
04-08-2008, 11:19 PM
Due to the weakness of the East, Memphis has accepted a bid to take the 7th seed.

Tigers, not Grizzlies.

Bill S Preston
04-08-2008, 11:54 PM
Big game tomorrow night with the Suns facing the Spurs.

ClevelandBronco
04-09-2008, 12:10 AM
The Avs have a decent chance of taking Minnesota to six games, IMO.

Miles
04-09-2008, 12:28 AM

He only had a supporting cast for one playoff run and made it to the western conference finals.

Miles
04-09-2008, 12:31 AM
Due to the weakness of the East, Memphis has accepted a bid to take the 7th seed.

Tigers, not Grizzlies.

The grizz would easily take em down.

RealSNR
04-09-2008, 12:36 AM
Man, that's a ****ed up playoff seeding system

Mr. Flopnuts
04-09-2008, 12:42 AM
GO LAKERS!!!! They get Bynum back and deep into the playoffs look the **** out.

**** the Celtics

There would be something so beautifully nostalgic for the Lakers and Celtics to play for the title this year. I hate the Lakers, but I hope it happens.

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-09-2008, 12:43 AM

Paul Pierce > Stephon Marbury or Latrell Sprewell
Ray Allen > Wally Szcerbiak
Kendrick Perkins> Rasho Nesterovich
Rajon Rando > Troy Hudson or Trenton Hassell

Sam Cassell and PJ Brown are great depth.

No Shaq and Kobe combo to monopolize the West anymore.

Flip Saunders isn't coaching him. Kevin McHale isn't his GM.

Other than that...nothing.

1adam1238
04-09-2008, 05:52 AM
Since no one else is saying it, GO JAZZ!!!

I'm with you.....GO JAZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CupidStunt
04-09-2008, 06:44 AM
The Lakers are going nowhere. Depending on the matchup, they might not even win a series.

milkman
04-09-2008, 10:54 AM
4 Jazz
5 Rockets
Nightmare matchup for the Rockets. They'll have home court advantage, but if they lose one game at home, they're done. The Jazz are unbeatable at home.

Is there a new rule I'm unfamiliar with?

How does the lower seed have HCA?

CupidStunt
04-09-2008, 11:12 AM
Is there a new rule I'm unfamiliar with?

How does the lower seed have HCA?

Seeding is for matchup purposes. HCA is entirely based upon record. 5th seed getting HCA over the 4th seed is quite common, and 6th seed getting HCA over the 3rd seed isn't out of the question.

milkman
04-09-2008, 11:28 AM
Seeding is for matchup purposes. HCA is entirely based upon record. 5th seed getting HCA over the 4th seed is quite common, and 6th seed getting HCA over the 3rd seed isn't out of the question.

I haven't followed the NBA much in quite some time, so I wasn't aware of this.

kcxiv
04-09-2008, 12:27 PM
The Lakers are going nowhere. Depending on the matchup, they might not even win a series.

You can say that about ANY team in the West right now. They can all lose in the first round.

Also, lets not forget Lakers are getting 2 players back for the play offs.

CupidStunt
04-09-2008, 12:36 PM
You can say that about ANY team in the West right now. They can all lose in the first round.

You could say they all have a shot at losing first round, but I wouldn't. There's no way San Antonio is losing to Dallas/GS/Denver. And I certainly wouldn't say that other teams in the West "aren't going anywhere," either. L.A., Golden State, Denver, Houston, New Orleans and Dallas, though - I'd say it about them. (New Orleans should win a series but will be no match for a second round opponent, imo.)

chiefqueen
04-09-2008, 12:48 PM
The top four seeds are based on records first but the divison winners must be among the top four seeds. (a division winner could be seeded 4th) Home court goes to best record. This setup is to prevent what happen 2 years ago when 2 teams were playing for the fifth seed in the conference, but it actually behooved both teams to lose the game because being the 6th seed that year meant getting home court in the first round.

kcxiv
04-09-2008, 01:09 PM
You could say they all have a shot at losing first round, but I wouldn't. There's no way San Antonio is losing to Dallas/GS/Denver. And I certainly wouldn't say that other teams in the West "aren't going anywhere," either. L.A., Golden State, Denver, Houston, New Orleans and Dallas, though - I'd say it about them. (New Orleans should win a series but will be no match for a second round opponent, imo.)

San Antonio isnt as strong as they have been in the passed. I still think they make it to at least the semi finals, but the only team it hink that cant beat them in a 7 game series out of the teams you mentioned is Golden State.

Amnorix
04-09-2008, 01:48 PM
Who's going?

I'd love to see that too. Nothing better than pounding down that old nail.