PDA

View Full Version : Devin Thomas = Dwayne Bowe

Direckshun
04-08-2008, 11:56 AM
So says Chris Streuber of scout.com.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7982020/Head-2-Head:-Kelly-vs.-Thomas

Devin Thomas
Strengths: Thomas is a quick receiver who consistently makes plays on offense. He uses his size to his advantage, runs physical routes, and makes tough catches in traffic. He gets a quick release off the line, is quick in and out of cuts, and flashes vertical speed to make big plays. He's a sure-handed receiver who adjusts well to errant throws, leaps to make acrobatic receptions, and finds soft spots within a defense. He plays with great awareness and instincts and is a capable blocker downfield.

Weaknesses: He has to run more precise routes. He tends to lack focus on intermediate routes and will occasionally drop easy passes. He started just one year at Michigan State.

NFL comparison: Dwayne Bowe, Kansas City Chiefs

I haven't seen much of Thomas -- what do you guys think of this dude?

Very unlikely he survives the first round. But if he does...

xbarretx
04-08-2008, 12:01 PM
i dont know much about him either but i think this pick depends on who we snag in the first. if we pull off the ellis or (non OT) pick...are we ok with waiting till the 3rd to address that need by going WR in the 2nd? if hes BPA sure, i just dont know :huh:

JBucc
04-08-2008, 12:05 PM
Seems more like Meachem to me as a prospect. Has one good year, excels at the combine, and explodes up draft boards.

Chiefnj2
04-08-2008, 12:18 PM
It's a good thing KC took Bowe last year because this years WR crop is a big crap shoot. Most of the top rated guys are juniors who will be raw, and a bunch of them have injury and off field issues.

Sweed - basically missed his entire SR year wth a wrist injury
Devin Thomas - 1 year wonder who will be very raw, but has a very high ceiling
Manningham - thin/junior/questionable speed/loves the reefer and lied at combine.
Kelly - knee injuries
Hardy - junior with domestic abuse arrest.