PDA

View Full Version : Levens out again...

NaptownChief
08-12-2001, 09:42 AM
I'm not one to call anybody who has the fortitude to put on the pads in the NFL a pu$$y but Levens takes me as close to that point as a person could:

Packers running back Dorsey Levens broke his hand on his first carry and will be out 4-to-6 weeks.

47mack
08-12-2001, 09:45 AM
I don't think a broken hand constitutes one as a pu$$y.

However, I do think there are plenty of fake injuries out there.

htismaqe
08-12-2001, 10:47 AM
Levens isn't a *****...he's just made of glass...good thing they have Ahman Green...

Tomahawk 11
08-12-2001, 10:53 AM
Speaking from experience, sometimes the smallest injuries can hurt the most. I snapped ligiments in my dominant hand thumb one year. Had to have surgery and the whole bit. I was the biggest gimp in the world for about 6 months. Couldn't do a damn thing and it was sooooo frustrating. If you think he is a pu@@y, try tapeing up your dominant hand with duck tape for a couple of days. Then see what you think. :D

alanm
08-12-2001, 12:19 PM
I heard a comment by the coach and he said that the others are now going to have to step it up. Excuse me but didn't Greens running for over a thousand and receiving yardage which I think was in the 500,700 yrds range define the definition of stepping up. Plus he signed a 5yr contract which was pretty friendly towards the Packers. I recall us having a shot of drafting him in the 2nd rnd a couple of years ago and we passed on him. I wish we hadn't because this guy is going to make some news this year.

htismaqe
08-12-2001, 12:30 PM
Alan,

Yeah I heard that too...evidently what Green did last year wasn't good enough. I'd kill to have a RB get those kind of number on our team...

One Arrowhead Dave
08-12-2001, 05:16 PM
Dorsey "chandelier" Levens.....he is among the most fragile players in the league.

KCWolfman
08-12-2001, 05:28 PM
Funny how we kept hearing how great a RB Levens would be a couple of years ago...

Does anybody remember who started that rumor?

Packfan
08-13-2001, 02:11 PM
j l 80,

Dorsey did indeed break his hand on the first play. He did go on to have 6 or so carries for 50 some yards and catch two passes. He didnt know it was broken until the backups took over. Injury prone, yes, but hardly a "pu ssy" in my book.

Iowanian
08-13-2001, 02:19 PM
Originally shared by Packfan:
"but hardly a "pu ssy" in my book."

I'd guess you'd have plenty of books of P@$$ies....for both Packer games and date night.

:D

~You'd think a player in WISCONSIN would be able to drink enough MILK to make strong bones.

redbrian
08-13-2001, 02:48 PM
Now you know Pac's mom does not allow that type of thing in the trailer:D

NaptownChief
08-13-2001, 05:00 PM
Packfan,

I sure thought that odor drifting down my way from GB was Dorsey's beaver but I suppose it could be some soured dairy products in undershorts....