PDA

View Full Version : Path to the Draft to feature Chiefs...

Coogs
04-10-2008, 08:07 AM
Just a heads up in case anyone is interested.

The first airing is at 5:30 PM Central Time tonight. The show will re-air at 9:30 PM Central Time as well (I think). It is on the NFLNetwork. Segments on each team have usuall lasted about 5 minutes of so.

WARNING!!! It could be someone like Athen who they talk with, as several of the other teams "spokespersons" have been Scout people.

Coogs
04-10-2008, 04:16 PM
Bumping back up. Starts in about 15 minutes.

The Franchise
04-10-2008, 04:28 PM
Oh....and it was confirmed on WPI that it's Nick Athan that's going to be on there.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-10-2008, 04:30 PM
Hmm. Let's see what Nick's got. I wonder if he'll ask everyone to send $100 to him for the info.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-10-2008, 04:39 PM
Interesting question they asked. In what year did the Chiefs draft Matt Ryan's agent, Tom Condon?

Mr. Flopnuts
04-10-2008, 04:43 PM
LMAO LMAO LMAO Nick says they're gonna draft Albert because Long will be gone. If not, S. Ellis.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-10-2008, 04:46 PM
If we draft Albert with the 5th pick on my ****ing birthday, I want you all to contact the authorities if I haven't posted in the week following.

The Franchise
04-10-2008, 04:48 PM
If we draft Albert with the 5th pick on my ****ing birthday, I want you all to contact the authorities if I haven't posted in the week following.

Your birthday is draft day? You lucky bastard!

Mr. Flopnuts
04-10-2008, 04:51 PM
Your birthday is draft day? You lucky bastard!

Yeah, I'm pretty pumped about it. If the Chiefs get the guy I want, it'll be like it's just for me. :D

Mr. Flopnuts
04-10-2008, 04:59 PM
Interesting question they asked. In what year did the Chiefs draft Matt Ryan's agent, Tom Condon?

1974 in the 10th round.

Coogs
04-10-2008, 05:02 PM
at 8:30 PM Central Time tonight. Get a chance to see first hand if this guy is all that if you get the channel.

Mr. Arrowhead
04-10-2008, 05:03 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty pumped about it. If the Chiefs get the guy I want, it'll be like it's just for me. :D
who do you want?

CupidStunt
04-10-2008, 05:07 PM
at 8:30 PM Central Time tonight. Get a chance to see first hand if this guy is all that if you get the channel.

Problem is, you're not going to be able to tell if the guy can play LT at a very high level in the NFL. That's why Albert is such an unknown -- there really is no film to show that he can play it, even though he does have the requisite athleticism to do so.

Coogs
04-10-2008, 05:16 PM
Problem is, you're not going to be able to tell if the guy can play LT at a very high level in the NFL. That's why Albert is such an unknown -- there really is no film to show that he can play it, even though he does have the requisite athleticism to do so.

Maybe this is one of the 2 games that he played LT. :shrug:

Mr. Flopnuts
04-10-2008, 05:21 PM
who do you want?

Glenn Dorsey. I think he's the 2nd best prospect in the entire draft. As much as I'd love to have Darren McFadden, it would not make sense to go that direction. Dorsey is my guy, and I don't expect him to be around. Ellis is my 2nd choice, but I don't know that the Chiefs would pull that trigger at the 5 spot.

Micjones
04-10-2008, 05:41 PM
Branden Albert, Glenn Dorsey, Sedrick Ellis or Matt Ryan at the #5 spot.

OnTheWarpath15
04-10-2008, 06:44 PM
Branden Albert, Glenn Dorsey, Sedrick Ellis or Matt Ryan at the #5 spot.

One of these things is not like the other.

One of these things doesn't belong.

kcchiefsus
04-11-2008, 01:11 AM

I'm not the biggest fan of Albert at #5 although I don't think it would hurt if he played at guard for a few years. Jonathan Ogden played at guard his rookie year, although I know that's still not the greatest comparison to Albert since Ogden started for 4 years at left tackle for UCLA. But nonetheless, IF the Chiefs think Albert is the BPA then it wouldn't hurt to get a dominant presence at guard and see if he can play left tackle. Of course, we would need to draft a tackle in the middle rounds to challenge at right tackle.

I think that Damion McIntosh will probably end up starting at left tackle for another year if we draft anybody other than Jake Long at tackle. That's not such a bad thing though if he can stay healthy. Improve the right side of the line and it would help just as much.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-11-2008, 01:32 AM
I'm not the biggest fan of Albert at #5 although I don't think it would hurt if he played at guard for a few years. Jonathan Ogden played at guard his rookie year, although I know that's still not the greatest comparison to Albert since Ogden started for 4 years at left tackle for UCLA. But nonetheless, IF the Chiefs think Albert is the BPA then it wouldn't hurt to get a dominant presence at guard and see if he can play left tackle. Of course, we would need to draft a tackle in the middle rounds to challenge at right tackle.

I think that Damion McIntosh will probably end up starting at left tackle for another year if we draft anybody other than Jake Long at tackle. That's not such a bad thing though if he can stay healthy. Improve the right side of the line and it would help just as much.

There is no way that any G in the history of G's is the BPA at #5.

Mecca
04-11-2008, 01:42 AM
If you take Albert at 5 and he ends up being a Guard, just like if you take a OT and he ends up at RT as a top 5 pick, even if he is one of the best in the league at it, it's still a crap pick.