PDA

View Full Version : My Lego Star Wars for Wii disc won't play

vailpass
04-11-2008, 09:51 AM
I think it may be slightly scratched. Anyone know of any way to fix this?
We, uh I mean my son, are halfway through and have built up a ton of characters we don't want to lose.
Any tips would be most appreciated.

Delano
04-11-2008, 09:53 AM
I don't think you'll lose any data since it is saved in system memory or on a SD card.

To fix discs, I usually take them to a second-hand CD store with a buffer that does the job nicely. Very little to no cost.

Adept Havelock
04-11-2008, 09:57 AM
I think it may be slightly scratched. Anyone know of any way to fix this?
We, uh I mean my son, are halfway through and have built up a ton of characters we don't want to lose.
Any tips would be most appreciated.

I've used "Skip Doctor" repair kit on DVD's and CD's before. I don't know if it would work for a Wii disc, but I can't see why it wouldn't. Also, some large secondhand music shops have "CD repair" machines, they may be able to do something.

Hope this helps.

edit- Thanks Delano. Buffer...that was the word I was looking for. Insufficient caffeine levels at this Time. Coffee.sys not found. :doh!:

El Jefe
04-11-2008, 10:00 AM
I don't think you'll lose any data since it is saved in system memory or on a SD card.

To fix discs, I usually take them to a second-hand CD store with a buffer that does the job nicely. Very little to no cost.

QFT

Demonpenz
04-11-2008, 11:26 AM
depends on how deep the scratch is i had the star wars triligy for game cube i spent like 10 bucks trying to fix the scratch it was just too deep

SLAG
04-11-2008, 04:55 PM
toothpaste and cold water, with a soft cotton wipe cloth