PDA

View Full Version : Sam Farmer's Mock Draft 4/11/08

Tribal Warfare
04-11-2008, 01:01 PM
http://www.latimes.com/sports/football/nfl/la-spw-draft12apr12,1,6895404,full.story

1. Miami - Jake Long, OT, Michigan - The Dolphins, who have vacancies at right tackle and left guard, are talking contract numbers with Long and Vernon Gholston.

Previous pick: Chris Long, DE, Virginia

Related Stories
- Version 1.0: Mock draft

2. St. Louis - Chris Long, DE, Virginia - The Rams got just 5½ sacks from their defensive ends last season. Howie Long's son will make a major impact on whichever team takes him.

Previous pick: Jake Long

3. Atlanta - Vernon Gholston, DE, Ohio State - The Falcons need a quarterback, but, hey, they need everything. Gholston is worthy of the top pick.

Previous pick: Matt Ryan

4. Oakland - Darren McFadden, RB, Arkansas - McFadden is arguably the best offensive player in the draft, and could be this year's Adrian Peterson. Or not.

Previous pick: Sedrick Ellis

5. Kansas City -Glenn Dorsey, DE, Louisiana State - An eye-popping performance on pro day boosted Dorsey's status in a big way. Injuries don't appear to be a concern.

Previous pick: Jake Long

6. New York Jets - Matt Ryan, QB, Boston College - Neither Kellen Clemens nor the surgically repaired Chad Pennington looks like the Jets' answer at quarterback. Of course, McFadden would look good in green.

Previous pick: McFadden

7. New England - Keith Rivers, LB, USC - Rivers was a likely top-10 pick before his pro day. After his spectacular performance, though, he potentially worked his way into the top five.

Previous pick: Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie

8. Baltimore - Ryan Clady, OT, Boise State - In the post-Jonathan Ogden era, Clady is a step in the right direction. Baltimore probably wouldn't pass on Ryan if the Boston College quarterback were to slip to this point.

Previous pick: Clady

9. Cincinnati - Sedrick Ellis, DT, USC - A lot of people don't think Ellis will last this long, and he might not. The 2007 Bengals were last in the league in sacks per pass play.

Previous pick: Dorsey

10. New Orleans - Leodis McKelvin, CB, Troy - With Mike McKenzie coming off a torn ACL, the Saints need a solid cornerback to work in opposite Randall Gay. What's more, McKelvin returned seven punts and one kickoff for touchdowns.

Previous pick: Keith Rivers

11. Buffalo - Devin Thomas, WR, Michigan State - Thomas is a big receiver with excellent speed. He would be a nice complement to Lee Evans and finally give the Bills some size at the position.

Previous pick: McKelvin

12. Denver - Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, CB, Tennessee State - The Broncos have needs at defensive tackle and safety, but a playmaker like Rodgers-Cromartie in the secondary is tough to ignore.

Previous pick: Jeff Otah

13. Carolina - Derrick Harvey, DE, Florida - The Panthers need to build their defensive line back up after trading tackle Kris Jenkins to the Jets. Harvey is versatile enough to play linebacker, too.

Previous: Kenny Phillips

14. Chicago - Jeff Otah, OT, Pittsburgh - The Bears are looking for a starting tackle and guard, and Otah is the type who could make an impact right away. Virginia guard Branden Albert is a possible fit. Chicago is looking at USC's Chilo Rachal, too, but not this early.

Previous: Brian Brohm

15. Detroit - Rashard Mendenhall, RB, Illinois - After losing T.J. Duckett to Seattle, and losing out on the Julius Jones derby (also to the Seahawks), the Lions could grab a rookie running back.

Previous pick: Kentwan Balmer

16. Arizona - Jonathan Stewart, RB, Oregon - Time to start grooming a replacement for Edgerrin James - and that replacement is not J.J. Arrington or Marcel Shipp.

Previous pick: Merling

17. Minnesota - Mike Jenkins, CB, South Florida - With the elite defensive ends off the board, the Vikings will have to address that need through free agency or a trade.

Previous pick: Harvey

18. Houston - Chris Williams, OT, Vanderbilt - The Texans need to find a young left tackle who can one day take over for Ephraim Salaam. Williams could be this year's Marcus McNeill.

Previous pick: DeSean Jackson

19. Philadelphia - Aquib Talib, CB, Kansas - The Eagles need to address the corner spot opposite Asante Samuel. Talib is very good, but a failed drug test knocks him down.

Previous pick: Jenkins

20. Tampa Bay - Limas Sweed, WR, Texas - Sweed's wrist injury scares some teams. But he's the kind of playmaker Jon Gruden likes - and who wouldn't like a fast, 6-foot-4 receiver?

Previous pick: Sweed

21. Washington - Kentwan Balmer, DT, North Carolina - With Phillip Daniels and Cornelius Griffin beginning to show their age, the Redskins could use some new blood at defensive tackle.

Previous pick: Calais Campbell

22. Dallas - Felix Jones, RB, Arkansas - The Cowboys need running backs, and Jones is a big-play guy who had to share the spotlight with McFadden.

Previous pick: Mendenhall

23. Pittsburgh - Branden Albert, G, Virginia - With Alan Faneca gone, and Kendall Simmons and the unproven Chris Kemoeatu starting, the Steelers have to begin building for the future at guard.

Previous pick: Malcolm Kelly

24. Tennessee - DeSean Jackson, WR, Cal - The speedy Jackson would seem to be a good fit for the Titans. Question is, would they spend a first-round pick on a receiver?

Previous pick: Lawrence Jackson

25. Seattle - Fred Davis, TE, USC - Simply put, Davis is an excellent fit for the Seahawks. He made up for a ho-hum showing at the combine with a good pro day.

Previous pick: Davis

26. Jacksonville - Lawrence Jackson, DE, USC - Will Jack Del Rio reach back to his college roots to take a USC player? A strong pro-day performance boosted Jackson ahead of Clemson's Phillip Merling in the eyes of many scouts.

Previous pick: Dan Connor

27. San Diego - Cherlius Gosder, OT, Boston College - The Chargers could use a running back, defensive tackle and offensive tackle. Problem is - at least in this mock draft - the best players at those spots are long gone.

Previous pick: Felix Jones

28. Dallas -- Antoine Cason, CB, Arizona -Cason was the first Arizona player to earn All-Pac-10 honors on defense and special teams in the same season.

Previous pick: Cason

29. San Francisco - Quentin Groves, LB, Auburn - Despite a heart issue disclosed this week, Groves, an excellent pass rusher, is still projected as a first-round pick.

Previous pick: Cherlius

30. Green Bay - Duane Brown, OT, Virginia Tech - Brown could be the sleeper pick of the first round. He's a converted tight end who is extremely nimble for a 6-4, 315-pound man. It's never too early for the Packers to plan for the future at both tackle spots.

Previous pick: Dustin Keller

31. New York Giants - Kenny Phillips, FS, Miami - The Giants have a glaring vacancy at free safety because of the departure of Gibril Wilson. They also need help at outside linebacker.

Micjones
04-11-2008, 01:03 PM
Dorsey would be an excellent pick, but it would take me all 10 minutes to decide between he and Ryan.

ChiefsCountry
04-11-2008, 01:20 PM
Dorsey would be an excellent pick, but it would take me all 10 minutes to decide between he and Ryan.

It would take me 10 seconds. Dorsey >>>>>>> Ryan

kepp
04-11-2008, 01:23 PM
Dorsey would be great. And I hope the donks don't get DRC.

CupidStunt
04-11-2008, 01:27 PM
It would take me 10 seconds. Dorsey >>>>>>> Ryan

:holdman:

Bowser
04-11-2008, 01:29 PM

Please. Put Dorsey on the line between Hali and Allen, and you've got yourself the prototypical d-line for a Cover 2 defense for years to come.

BIG_DADDY
04-11-2008, 01:30 PM
I hope that isn't true. I was hoping Jake would end up in Red and Gold.

Brock
04-11-2008, 01:33 PM
I hope that isn't true. I was hoping Jake would end up in Red and Gold.

Never going to happen.

CupidStunt
04-11-2008, 01:38 PM
Oh, and Gholston at No. 3 is an awful pick. John Abraham and Jammal Anderson = Ryan/Dorsey/Ellis.

keg in kc
04-11-2008, 01:41 PM
Who the hell is Sam Farmer?

Micjones
04-11-2008, 01:43 PM
Please. Put Dorsey on the line between Hali and Allen, and you've got yourself the prototypical d-line for a Cover 2 defense for years to come.

And without a competent QB it won't matter.
We have a Day 1 prospect who has yet to be given a real shot at playing DT for this team.
At least we have a body there.

At QB...We have Brodie Croyle.
Yeah, I think I'll need 9:45 to think this over.

SBK
04-11-2008, 05:36 PM
The best case scenario.

Rain Man
04-11-2008, 06:01 PM
Who the hell is Sam Farmer?

I think he's the guy who owns Curious George.

ChiefsCountry
04-11-2008, 06:17 PM
And without a competent QB it won't matter.
We have a Day 1 prospect who has yet to be given a real shot at playing DT for this team.
At least we have a body there.

At QB...We have Brodie Croyle.
Yeah, I think I'll need 9:45 to think this over.

The same thing you said about Tank applies to Brodie as well.

SBK
04-12-2008, 08:37 AM
The same thing you said about Tank applies to Brodie as well.

Shutup with this logic stuff. LMAO

Halfcan
04-12-2008, 12:48 PM
Dorsey could be scary good with, DJ, hali and Allen coming from every other direction.