PDA

View Full Version : Possible CPIggy Replacement

DaFace
04-11-2008, 04:50 PM
I've been trying to find some sort of a hack we could put in on the server side that would give us some of the features that Simplex3 came up with with CPIggy. Unfortunately, I haven't found much so far. However, I did run across this extension for Firefox that could definitely help:

http://www.tycamtech.com/extensions/firefox/ffvb/

You don't need Greasemonkey to run this script - just install it, configure it through Tools: Add-Ons: Options.

I've only messed around with it for a minute or two, but it seems to completely eliminate the ignored user's threads, posts, and quoted posts. No nifty "click here to reveal the message" link, but it's a start at least. The guy writing it seems to be making improvements fairly regularly as well.

If you've been missing CPIggy, give this a try and let me know what you think.

04-11-2008, 05:07 PM
Or, Kyle could find a way to reimplement CPiggy so Simplex's time would not have been wasted.

DaFace
04-11-2008, 05:14 PM
Or, Kyle could find a way to reimplement CPiggy so Simplex's time would not have been wasted.

Any fix would have to be in modifying CPiggy - there's nothing you can do on the server end to make it work. Unfortunately, Simplex wrote it for the old version of vBulletin, so it got killed when we upgraded. I guess someone who knows how to program would be able to make it work again, but they'd have to get Simplex's permission to even try.

ClevelandBronco
04-11-2008, 05:16 PM
Dane is going to have my name installed yesterday.

Phobia
04-11-2008, 05:44 PM
Any fix would have to be in modifying CPiggy - there's nothing you can do on the server end to make it work. Unfortunately, Simplex wrote it for the old version of vBulletin, so it got killed when we upgraded. I guess someone who knows how to program would be able to make it work again, but they'd have to get Simplex's permission to even try.

Nope. He put it into open source to my knowledge. Source is available.

That's how he rolls.

DaFace
04-11-2008, 06:22 PM
Nope. He put it into open source to my knowledge. Source is available.

That's how he rolls.

Cool. Now if I just had some clue on how to do what he did...

04-11-2008, 06:47 PM
Cool. Now if I just had some clue...

FYP

DaFace
04-11-2008, 07:20 PM
FYP

:p

Simply Red
04-11-2008, 07:42 PM
Dane is going to have my name installed yesterday.
Why do you say that?

DaFace
04-12-2008, 09:03 AM
Bump for the weekend.

go bo
04-13-2008, 05:46 PM
I've been trying to find some sort of a hack we could put in on the server side that would give us some of the features that Simplex3 came up with with CPIggy. Unfortunately, I haven't found much so far. However, I did run across this extension for Firefox that could definitely help:

http://www.tycamtech.com/extensions/firefox/ffvb/

You don't need Greasemonkey to run this script - just install it, configure it through Tools: Add-Ons: Options.

I've only messed around with it for a minute or two, but it seems to completely eliminate the ignored user's threads, posts, and quoted posts. No nifty "click here to reveal the message" link, but it's a start at least. The guy writing it seems to be making improvements fairly regularly as well.

If you've been missing CPIggy, give this a try and let me know what you think.i think you should run for president...

that's what i think...

DaFace
04-13-2008, 05:50 PM
i think you should run for president...

that's what i think...

I guess that means you like it! ROFL

Good to hear it's helped filled the void - at least a little bit.

Bugeater
04-13-2008, 05:52 PM
Good, now I can put that guy who copied my username on teh iggy.

go bo
04-13-2008, 06:13 PM
Good, now I can put that guy who copied my username on teh iggy.not so fast, now...

otoh, who would want to copy that username? :p :p :p

Bugeater
04-13-2008, 06:19 PM
Did somebody say something?

NewChief
04-14-2008, 08:06 AM
Did somebody say something?

I am curious as to which of you is which? Well, actually, one of you I don't really care about. Which of you is the pot smoking lawyer who went to the same school as Bill Clinton and married a Samoan woman?

Lzen
04-14-2008, 08:14 AM
I am curious as to which of you is which? Well, actually, one of you I don't really care about. Which of you is the pot smoking lawyer who went to the same school as Bill Clinton and married a Samoan woman?

That would be gobowe, I believe. ;)

Lzen
04-14-2008, 08:19 AM
Wow, that thing works great. Thanks, DaFace.

Oh, wait. I gotta remove DaFace from my ignore list now. :D

StcChief
04-14-2008, 08:25 AM
Simplex did a good job but.... Less code to maintain = Better.