PDA

View Full Version : Tom Morello gives Bruce Springsteen a clinic on how to play guitar.

Tits McGee
04-12-2008, 10:50 PM
Last Tuesday I got invited to see the Boss in Anaheim. I'm not a big Bruce Springsteen fan, but free tickets, booze and a limo to boot, hell, who am I to say no to that.
Half way into the show, Tom Morello from Rage Against the Machine is introduced, and the both of them play The Goast of Tom Joad. The last three minutes of the song Tom blows away the crowd including "The Boss". I've seen a lot of concerts in my day. This was truly a unbelievable moment.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XESzk5AmNhY&feature=related

'Hamas' Jenkins
04-12-2008, 10:54 PM
That's been one of my favorite Rage songs for years.

Tits McGee
04-12-2008, 10:59 PM
That's been one of my favorite Rage songs for years.

Audioslave is done. Is Rage going to reunite?

kcxiv
04-12-2008, 11:04 PM
That was badass.

kcxiv
04-12-2008, 11:05 PM
Audioslave is done. Is Rage going to reunite?

Rage is headlining Lollapooloza this year i beleive.

Tits McGee
04-12-2008, 11:10 PM
I'm shocked someone was able to film/record the concert. The security was pretty tight, They must of had the camera hidden in a very special place.

jAZ
04-12-2008, 11:13 PM
Same show, different night. Commenters on youtube said this performance was better.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AeOKqt5btqE&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AeOKqt5btqE&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

xbarretx
04-12-2008, 11:14 PM
Rage is headlining Lollapooloza this year i beleive.

http://www.ratm.com/

Breaking News 04/07/08: Radiohead, Rage Against the Machine, Nine Inch Nails, Kanye West, Wilco and The Raconteurs to headline Lollapalooza
Tickets are now officially on sale for Lollapalooza 2008, August 1-3 in Chicago's Grant Park. The 120-plus acts on the 2008 bill are lead by Radiohead - on the first stop of the second leg of their U.S. tour - Rage Against the Machine, Nine Inch Nails, and Chicago natives Kayne West and Wilco. The three-day Festival will showcase a diverse array of talent from across the globe, including The Raconteurs, Love and Rockets, Gnarls Barkley, Bloc Party, The Black Keys, Broken Social Scene, Flogging Molly, Mark Ronson, and Cat Power. Lollapalooza 2008 will once again take place in a location worthy of such a spectacle of music, art, and interactivity: Historic Grant Park in downtown Chicago. The city skyline and breeze from Lake Michigan create an entertainment setting like no other. "Lollapalooza is more than a music festival, it's a civic partnership," said Brenda Palm, Executive Director of Parkways Foundation, the philanthropic partner of the Chicago Park District and local beneficiary of the event. Since 2005, Lollapalooza has generated over $2.3 million to help Parkways accelerate and sustain parks projects - like new playgrounds, youth programs, greening and educational initiatives - throughout the city of Chicago. "With the generous support of Lollapalooza and its fans, we can make a lasting city-wide impact together, noted Pa"lm. In addition to the headliners, the 2008 bill is loaded with acts from rock to avant-garde, indie to funk, and all sounds in between, like The National, G. Love & Special Sauce, Sharon Jones & the Dap Kings, Explosions in the Sky, Brand New, Gogol Bordello, Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks, Dierks Bentley, Okkervil River, Amadou & Mariam, John Butler Trio, Girl Talk, CSS and many more. "In 2008, we have such a gorgeous array of talent. The only thing that could be more amazing would be if they could somehow play together," observes Perry Farrell, Lollapalooza's founder and cultural architect, about this year's lineup. "With a little conducting, we could make a lot of sweet music together." Advance three-day passes are now available for $190, while supplies last, and will then increase to the Regular ticket price of $205. Prices are inclusive of all fees, so no additional charges will be added to the published ticket price at checkout. Lollapalooza ticket buyers also have the option of printing tickets themselves to avoid shipping fees. Lollapalooza is committed to lightening its load on the earth, with green initiatives once again in practice across Grant Park. This year's event will target carbon neutrality through the purchase of offsets from Green Mountain Energy Company for the CO2 emissions created by the Festival's gas generators, staff vehicles, and air travel. Many food offerings at the Festival will be organic and locally grown, and served on biodegradable or compostable plates. From innovative recycling programs to biodiesel-fueled generators, Lollapalooza 2008 will continue to up the environmental ante.

Tits McGee
04-12-2008, 11:15 PM
Radiohead is playing in SD this Aug. tix went on sale today. When does the Polloza start?

Tits McGee
04-12-2008, 11:22 PM
[quote=jAZ;4681517]Same show, different night. Commenters on youtube said this performance was better.

<object height="355" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AeOKqt5btqE&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="355" width="425"></object>

I heard the same thing. I didn't go to both shows, but I think the overall energy may have been greater on the first concert (Monday) but I think Tom 's performance was "tighter" and seamless on the second show. Tom came out later and played "Across the Mississippi River" but I haven't any seen footage of that song.

KCChiefsMan
04-13-2008, 12:56 AM
I'm jealous. That must have been BAD A$$!

Pitt Gorilla
04-13-2008, 01:25 AM
I'm not surprised. Tom is one of the best ever, IMO.

KcMizzou
04-13-2008, 01:52 AM
That was sweet.

mcan
04-13-2008, 04:22 AM
Hmmm...

Not really impressed. Maybe the quality of the recording wasn't good enough, but a lot of that seemed to be just noisey distortion and a guy slamming around a Floyd Rose. Some of the modal stuff was cool, and it's impressive to see him tap all those harmonics above and below the fretboard, but I don't think the solo was serving the song... Again, though maybe I was missing some of the melody because of the quality of the recording. So I reserve the right to go back on everything I just said.