PDA

View Full Version : KSUfans.com is going out of business...

teedubya
04-13-2008, 05:44 PM
http://www.ksufans.com/forums/index.php?topic=25688

KSU Fans has become a website where fans can freely come and discuss K-State athletics.

It is with great reluctance that as of May 15, 2008, I will be shutting down KSUFans. I have been paying for this out of my own pocket but, sadly, I am no longer able to do so.

If anyone is interested in purchasing the rights to the domain, the website and database, please contact me through the Contact Us below the banner, with your name, phone number, and best time to call, and I will get back with you.

teedubya
04-13-2008, 05:47 PM
I guess more KSU fans have become KU fans, and there aren't enough of them left to keep it going.

Oh wait,

SaulBadGuy is going to save the day!!!!

http://www.ksufans.com/forums/index.php?topic=25689.msg329713#msg329713

Saul is probably your best bet to keeping it the way it is, and I'm giving him first opportunity to take it over. Saul's passion as a K-Stater is one of the qualities the site needs to have from an owner.

I'm not stopping because it's taking up too much time. I have been doing web hosting, web design, and application development for years. However, I'm experiencing what a lot of businesses are and that is reduced revenue due to harsher economic times. This is strictly a business decision and while I am securing web hosting services for my other sites and income generators, KSU Fans doesn't fit into that model. It's a passion I was willing to spend the money to maintain, but I can do that no longer.

I don't think what Saul is asking is too much for those who find value in this site.

We ALL know how big of a KU fan Saul used to be... and he is one of the MOST Passionate KSU fans? They are in danger!!

heh.

Mr. Flopnuts
04-13-2008, 05:54 PM
I guess more KSU fans have become KU fans, and there aren't enough of them left to keep it going.

Oh wait,

SaulBadGuy is going to save the day!!!!

http://www.ksufans.com/forums/index.php?topic=25689.msg329713#msg329713

We ALL know how big of a KU fan Saul used to be... and he is one of the MOST Passionate KSU fans? They are in danger!!

heh.

LMAO Saul used to be a KU fan? What happened to make him fight for the British?

Mr. Flopnuts
04-13-2008, 05:54 PM
ROFL That's like a Chiefs fan saying "F*ck it, go Broncos!!!"

stlchiefs
04-13-2008, 05:59 PM
phog.net should buy it and link to their site :)

Mr. Flopnuts
04-13-2008, 05:59 PM
phog.net should buy it and link to their site :)

Oh, I would so ****ing LOL.

Bugeater
04-13-2008, 06:01 PM
Maybe the deadbeats that use the place should pony up some cash.

Bearcat
04-13-2008, 06:03 PM
http://www.ksufans.com/forums/index.php?topic=25618.0

K-State Football: We'll find something DVD worthy this year
K-State Football: I should be doing laundry right now.
K-State Football: We're a Basketball School Again!

LMAO

I think mine would be:
KSU Football: Remember when Saul was a fan of KSU football and KU basketball, but went to KSU/KSU after BB won a few games? Orange Bowl, National Championship. You do the math.

stlchiefs
04-13-2008, 06:05 PM
Maybe the deadbeats that use the place should pony up some cash.

Yep, those ungrateful K-state fans think a message board should be free. Who do they think they are? It's all about Premium Memberships these days.

Reerun_KC
04-13-2008, 06:06 PM
This is priceless. I remember Saul telling us KU fans that we shouldnt go there, because they would eat us live and totally pwn us KU fans...

Does anyone remember when Saul was relevant?

Reerun_KC
04-13-2008, 06:06 PM

LMAO

I think mine would be:
KSU Football: Remember when Saul was a fan of KSU football and KU basketball, but went to KSU/KSU after BB won a few games? Orange Bowl, National Championship. You do the math.

REP!

Bearcat
04-13-2008, 06:08 PM
LMAO Saul used to be a KU fan? What happened to make him fight for the British?

It was half/half... I think he went to KSU (?) but was a KU basketball fan because KSU sucked so much. It was pathetic, because he would talk smack about "63-0" and crap during football season and then turn around and talk/root Kansas basketball, iirc, unless they were playing each other. I dunno, when you have to have a system for which rival you root for... :shake:

ArrowheadHawk
04-13-2008, 06:10 PM
This is priceless. I remember Saul telling us KU fans that we shouldnt go there, because they would eat us live and totally pwn us KU fans...

Where did he go anyway?

stlchiefs
04-13-2008, 06:10 PM
It was half/half... I think he went to KSU (?) but was a KU basketball fan because KSU sucked so much. It was pathetic, because he would talk smack about "63-0" and crap during football season and then turn around and talk/root Kansas basketball, iirc, unless they were playing each other. I dunno, when you have to have a system for which rival you root for... :shake:

What!!! I'm sure the next thing you're going to say is that I shouldn't root for Denver? But what if I like their colors better?

Bearcat
04-13-2008, 06:14 PM
What!!! I'm sure the next thing you're going to say is that I shouldn't root for Denver? But what if I like their colors better?

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r143/bearcat2002/razor.jpg

Mr. Flopnuts
04-13-2008, 06:15 PM

Wow. I'd never EVER root for WSU (Washington St) as a Husky fan. I reveled this year when they were dismantled by UNC. I prayed for Tony Bennett to leave just to make them bleed. I could NEVER root for the rival school, under any circumstances. Just me though.

ArrowheadHawk
04-13-2008, 06:18 PM
Wow. I'd never EVER root for WSU (Washington St) as a Husky fan. I reveled this year when they were dismantled by UNC. I prayed for Tony Bennett to leave just to make them bleed. I could NEVER root for the rival school, under any circumstances. Just me though.
Well since Mizzou is the rival school and not KState I don't see a problem. I will never buy a piece of Kstate gear but I will pull for them a little in a bowl game or NCAA game, but it won't hurt my feelings if they lose.

Reerun_KC
04-13-2008, 06:42 PM
Where did he go anyway?
You know, I dont know?

He kind of disappeared after the whole Thuggy leaving incident. He was on here spewing about how Thuggy wouldnt never pull a Roy and how KSU was a destination dream job, GRCOAT, etc...

Then Thuggy bolted... Sual disappeared.

I have seen him post on KSUfans.com recently. But nothing of substance.

hawkchief
04-13-2008, 09:03 PM
For KSUck fans, it's the end. The site closing is not about the economy, it's about KSU having absolutely ZERO relevance in sports, period. The fact has been driven home to them clearly after the THuggins/Hill?Walker/Martin fiasco, the Prince debacle, KU"S ORange Bowl win and finally the KU National Championship.

Their basketball program, for which they sold their souls, is losing what few decent players they had and in most circles is a national joke. Their crying school President is a laughingstock, their AD left along with most of their football assistant coaches. There is nothing left for KSU, except for a Vista Burger and a couple of Ramey's. Great times in Manhattan!

Al Bundy
04-13-2008, 09:18 PM
For KSUck fans, it's the end. The site closing is not about the economy, it's about KSU having absolutely ZERO relevance in sports, period. The fact has been driven home to them clearly after the THuggins/Hill?Walker/Martin fiasco, the Prince debacle, KU"S ORange Bowl win and finally the KU National Championship.

Their basketball program, for which they sold their souls, is losing what few decent players they had and in most circles is a national joke. Their crying school President is a laughingstock, their AD left along with most of their football assistant coaches. There is nothing left for KSU, except for a Vista Burger and a couple of Ramey's. Great times in Manhattan!

Sounds about like the Carl Peterson-led Kansas City Chiefs.

Iowanian
04-13-2008, 09:37 PM
I knew this smoking ban in KC was going to have some DRASTIC results and knock some entrepenuers out of business.

Sure-Oz
04-13-2008, 09:51 PM
Sounds about like the Carl Peterson-led Kansas City Chiefs.

Exactly...time to shutdown Chiefsplanet

Boon
04-13-2008, 10:07 PM

Not to mention hiring a PART-TIME AD.
What the f*ck is that?

KcMizzou
04-13-2008, 10:12 PM
Well since Mizzou is the rival school and not KState I don't see a problem. I will never buy a piece of Kstate gear but I will pull for them a little in a bowl game or NCAA game, but it won't hurt my feelings if they lose.Damned right. And don't you forget it. :p

Pitt Gorilla
04-13-2008, 10:38 PM
Damned right. And don't you forget it. :pAnd our basketball stinks.

Mosbonian
04-13-2008, 10:45 PM
And our basketball stinks.

And that's being kind....

mmaddog

WilliamTheIrish
04-13-2008, 11:24 PM

I remember Saul saying YOU shouldn't go there, as they would pretty much own you. That part still stands. On any board.

It's too bad about that site. Fun place. A great free for all at times that allowed all points of view. Kinda like here, but KSU related.

Hope Saul can raise the $.

WilliamTheIrish
04-13-2008, 11:30 PM

LMAO

I think mine would be:

That thread is why that board has been so much fun. On any Scout board, that thread would be locked forever or deleted.

ROYC75
04-14-2008, 07:23 AM
You know, I dont know?

He kind of disappeared after the whole Thuggy leaving incident. He was on here spewing about how Thuggy wouldnt never pull a Roy and how KSU was a destination dream job, GRCOAT, etc...

Then Thuggy bolted... Sual disappeared.

I have seen him post on KSUfans.com recently. But nothing of substance.

All of that plus his renig betting on the KSU - KU games he had, something about he was still moving. Last I knew , he was some type of moderator on phobia's fatchatter site.

Maybe one day he will grow up and find peace ? Maybe ?

Dartgod
04-14-2008, 07:33 AM
Well since Mizzou is the rival school and not KState...
Nonsense! I've been told numerous times that KU fans do not see MU as a rival.

ROYC75
04-14-2008, 07:41 AM
Nonsense! I've been told numerous times that KU fans do not see MU as a rival.

Most KU fans feel that MU is our closest rival, this dates back to the Border War days. Many fans feel it is KSU, an instate rival thing, that has been quiet for many of years until recently, mostly due to one side dominating the other in sports for a period of time.

Some fans like myself seem to look at it as they are all rivals . But FTR, MU gets to me more than any other.

Reerun_KC
04-14-2008, 01:55 PM
I remember Saul saying YOU shouldn't go there, as they would pretty much own you. That part still stands. On any board.

It's too bad about that site. Fun place. A great free for all at times that allowed all points of view. Kinda like here, but KSU related.

Hope Saul can raise the $.
ROFL.. Your prized posters is FattyFatFat...

Come on Bill, please get real.. And no, they nor you or any KSCC fan's will ever pwn me or anyone else...

Now go back to watching your DVD's on the Streak...

ChiTown
04-14-2008, 02:14 PM
And no, they nor you or any KSCC fan's will ever pwn me or anyone else...

Out of context, but a funny comment from a fan who cheers for a team that just signed 2 JC basketball players, and maybe more to come.:D

WilliamTheIrish
04-14-2008, 05:33 PM
ROFL.. Your prized posters is FattyFatFat...

Come on Bill, please get real.. And no, they nor you or any KSCC fan's will ever pwn me or anyone else...

Now go back to watching your DVD's on the Streak...

Now RR , you barely have a grasp of basic grammar and you wouldn't stand a chance on that BB. You don't have any kind of game at all.

You and Hawkchief should stay close to the apron strings of the mods at phognet where you can be protected.

Now you keep running the "would of's and could of's" that show what an Oklahoma turd you are.

Run along now.